• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT7| Feel the hatred of 10,000 Murlocs

ZenaxPure

I expect hunter will be the most drastic, as they have suffered the most and longest from spec identity issues. Mage and Warlock specs are all quite mechanically and aesthetically different as-is. I could see a rogue spec (maybe subtlety) getting a retooling, though.

Yeah I wonder about rogues. I feel like we aren't as bad off as hunter was in both gameplay and aesthetics. I would be completely happy with no dramatic changes really. I mostly just want them to fix assassination's shitty ass AOE.

No other weapons in xpac is weird. I quit after BRM in Jan to try FF14 and played it until last week. This is obviously the zodiac weapon system lifted from there, but FF14 gives alternative high end raiding weapons. The zodiac weaps are for the casuals to grind (and I mean grind) out so they have an equivalent power weapon in their slot without the need for raiding. Only one weapon though.. I don't know.. there has to be some serious customization available if that's the case.

Also I feel like I'm going to level a hunter from the start in a bit. Hunter is like the only class I have never played in my 10 years of WoW, and I abhor pet classes. But if I grab marksman I can actually play without the pet.. I just need something that's ranged but not mage/lock because I have those. Sigh.

JORMBO

Darkness no more
I wonder if everyone having Ashbringer and Frostmourne means they will make the old legendary weapons transmogable.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Will Illidan be the end boss or will it be Sargeras?

I kind of hope Illidan isn't a boss at all. It's the "kill the demons" expansion and he is demon hunter number one. He should be like "yo gul'dan thanks for the rez but fuck you and your boss, I'm out."

RPGCrazied

I kind of hope Illidan isn't a boss at all. It's the "kill the demons" expansion and he is demon hunter number one. He should be like "yo gul'dan thanks for the rez but fuck you and your boss, I'm out."

I bet he is the quest giver for the starting experience for Demon Hunters.

Zelias

Banned
Will Illidan be the end boss or will it be Sargeras?
I think they've mentioned previously wanting to do an Illidan redemption story, so can't see him being the end boss.

Sargeras still seems too big. He's pretty much the endgame lore-wise. Avatar of Sargeras seems possible though.

Weebos

Banned
Interesting, so when we create a Demon Hunter, we are in the past?

Yes, I believe the quote is "10 years in the past".

I think the Demon Hunters we play as might get imprisoned at the end of the starting experience, then freed years later, to reconcile so much time passing.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Yes, I believe the quote is "10 years in the past".

I think the Demon Hunters we play as might get imprisoned at the end of the starting experience, then freed years later, to reconcile so much time passing.

That's what it sounds like, yeah.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Here's hoping that Legion's Dalaran isn't just WOTLK's Dalaran, or I smell another "Blizzard is fucking lazy" fiasco.

Tacitus_

Rogues I know why, it's been like that for years now, but why does hunter need the big redesign right now? Hunter has always been in a decent spot.

Too same-y. All hunter specs have you stand at range and fire your ranged weapon. Mages change elements, warriors 2h or dualwield, warlocks change from dots to pets to nuking etc.

Anoregon

Here's hoping that Legion's Dalaran isn't just WOTLK's Dalaran, or I smell another "Blizzard is fucking lazy" fiasco.

I'm pretty confused by it, because on the map of Broken Isles you can clearly see Dalaran, but in the interview earlier today they said it is still on Northrend for "Gameplay purposes"

I guess we'll see

Bisnic

I'm pretty confused by it, because on the map of Broken Isles you can clearly see Dalaran, but in the interview earlier today they said it is still on Northrend for "Gameplay purposes"

I guess we'll see

WOTLK is in the past lorewise, I suppose that's what they meant by "still in Northrend".

Anoregon

WOTLK is in the past lorewise, I suppose that's what they meant by "still in Northrend".

I misread, it is ALSO in northrend. Here is the quote:

Dalaran is more or less lifted from Wrath of the Lich King, and will be a neutral capital city for both factions. For game play purposes, it will still also be in Northrend - it won't be 'moved' the way it was for Wrath. Some things will have changed.

So more or less the same place, but with a few changes. Kind of expected, it wouldn't make much sense for them to use Dalaran again but have it be totally changed/brand new. I would assume that someone in Northrend Dalaran is actually in a different zone, so they are treated as two separate things.

I'm not even upset. Dalaran is great. I would have loved to have a 1:1 copy of Wrath Dalaran in WoD instead of the Ashran hubs.

Zelias

Banned
I expect Dalaran will get a touch up and a few new sights, but I'm not expecting drastic changes. To be honest I liked Dalaran anyway (even if I preferred Shattrath), so not complaining.

ZenaxPure

Too same-y. All hunter specs have you stand at range and fire your ranged weapon. Mages change elements, warriors 2h or dualwield, warlocks change from dots to pets to nuking etc.

I'd say it goes deeper than that for hunter at least on a personal level. Never liked how all 3 of their specs boiled down to dump energy -> use filler skill to regain energy. At least with rogue (since that is the comparison here) energy regeneration and combo point generation is handled differently with all 3 specs.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
That evolution

PJ5D9eF.png

This is why it's hilarious when people say that WoW hasn't advanced over the years.

-----

There was no mention of warlock demonology changes. Do you think that will arrive in 7.0 or earlier?
edit: Nevermind, it was discussed in the interview posted on Icy-Veins
Demonology Warlocks will be masters of summoning and controlling demons. Metamorphosis sort-of came to dominate the class, but the devs are refocusing the spec on demons. Affliction will continue to be about 'decay', and Destruction about 'bursts of fel fire'.

Bisnic

I expect Dalaran will get a touch up and a few new sights, but I'm not expecting drastic changes. To be honest I liked Dalaran anyway (even if I preferred Shattrath), so not complaining.

Here's hoping it won't be as laggy as it was back in WOTLK.

I suppose with the subs loss, it might be.

Did they say something about racials, specifically humans? I feel like human is always the obvious alliance choice for free trinket. Are they changing that or should I finally make a dwarf..

Have to say I'm pretty disappointed with Tanaan Jungle. Feels like they had way more ambitious plans for it but the zone is gutted and the flow is weird. They would have been better off with a smaller experience like timeless isles, navigating the island with a land mount is horrific. No chests that give out tokens is disappointing as well.

Anoregon

Did they say something about racials, specifically humans? I feel like human is always the obvious alliance choice for free trinket. Are they changing that or should I finally make a dwarf..

They mentioned before the Legion reveal that they want to fix alliance racials (specifically human) being an issue, but have nothing to report yet.

ZenaxPure

Have to say I'm pretty disappointed with Tanaan Jungle. Feels like they had way more ambitious plans for it but the zone is gutted and the flow is weird. They would have been better off with a smaller experience like timeless isles, navigating the island with a land mount is horrific. No chests that give out tokens is disappointing as well.

There are chests that give out tokens though, they infinitely respawn at that (it's just the chests spawn in random locations within subzones and only 1 person can loot it before it despawns). That is probably the one single thing Tanaan has that is better than Timeless isle.

Weebos

Banned
Dalaran without flying might be rough. I think it will be too congested if everybody is on the ground.

It was too congested during Wrath as it was.

Bisnic

You shouldn't stop yourself from playing a non-human alliance race just because of racials you know...

There are chests that give out tokens though, they infinitely respawn at that (it's just the chests spawn in random locations within subzones and only 1 person can loot it before it despawns). That is probably the one single thing Tanaan has that is better than Timeless isle.

I've looted a few chests and all I got was some garrison supplies. Really all I need is a 695 weapon, I'm using a 660 pvp weapon right now.

Dalaran without flying might be rough. I think it will be too congested if everybody is on the ground.

It was too congested during Wrath as it was.

They'll probably make it a lot bigger than it was in Wrath.

What this guy said. There are literally 100s of spawn points all over the map for the 650 tokens. It guess they have a 25% chance of being in there. You can also kill any rare every day for more tokens.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
They're taking away my explosive shot?? Are they giving it to another hunter spec or what?

Survival has been my favorite spec for hunter so I'm disappointed its going to be melee now that I am thinking about it. I really like most of the shots and what they do compared to the other specs.

BM could use the survival kit since its pretty generic outside of the special pet stuff...

Anoregon

They're taking away my explosive shot?? Are they giving it to another hunter spec or what?

Survival has been my favorite spec for hunter so I'm disappointed its going to be melee now that I am thinking about it. I really like most of the shots and what they do compared to the other specs.

BM could use the survival kit since its pretty generic outside of the special pet stuff...

I wouldnt be surprised to see some of Survivial's existing kit being migrated to BM, yeah. We so far have no idea what sort of skills melee survival will have.

Ok, I dunno where else to ask lol.
I have a EU account and my main has Death's Demise title with Mimiron's Head mount.
Are these even valuable now? And is there a place I would be able to sell these?
thx in advance

Garrisons are staying in Draenor. If you want to go back and visit them, you can! They were always designed as something that you would leave in Draenor. The developers may revisit the system with something bigger, better, and different in the future.

Order Halls are very different - they are a shared multiplayer space. They just happen to be the place you'll go to send your Champions on missions. They don't duplicate the functionality of cities (no AH, no bank) - think Acherus for Death Knights.

This seems a little contradictory unless they're relying on the technicality of "Garrison aren't in Legion, it's just the systems underlying Garrison that will be".

Top Bottom