• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT7| Feel the hatred of 10,000 Murlocs

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Dwarf shaman are really cool from a lore perspective too. Wildhammers are best dwarves.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I bet you play elves and therefore don't have a meaningful opinion

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
On the PTR, access to the Broken Shore scenario has been riddled with errors. I managed to do it today on a character I created early on in the PTR cycle, but had to do the scenario alone (which wasn't difficult, but took a bit longer than with a full group). Anyhow, upon completing the scenario I was presented a rather humorous bug. This is what happens in Stormwind Keep after you have completed the scenario. Click the black bars to see the images, beware of spoilers:

varian_1z6sfi.png
varian_2n2sfn.png
varian_3dwsis.png

Varian dies at the end of the scenario, yet here he is overlooking his own coffin and people mourning him.

Shahadan

Lol, after the horde broken shore part, went to orgrimmar for the follow up quest. Voljin wants to tell me something, a cinematic starts.....it's the vanilla CG intro :lol:

wtf

Entropia

No One Remembers
Hahah, I saw that on reddit.

I haven't tried the Broken Shore scenario again. I mentioned earlier last time I did it, we got the end (I think) but
Gul'Dan
just stood there, and nothing else happened.

Anoregon

Oh man rosti those low-res lion statues are hilarious

TheYanger

I thought they usually used "[PH] awesome cinematic!"
That's what I always get anyway.

the PH ones are typically for 'in game' cinematics and the video ones kick in when there's going to be a video, so that it's all already scripted either way (it's pointing to a video file the file just needs to be filled in).

Fjordson

Finally managed to snag the Pathrunner mount in Shadowmoon. Was doing my weekly random patrol and there he was (probably helped that it was 2 AM). Also just hit me that it looks a lot like Ashitaka's mount in Princess Mononoke.

Last thing I'd really like in WoD is Voidtalon of the Dark Star, but that seems like even more of a crapshoot than most rare mobs considering it can spawn in any Draenor zone so I doubt I'll try hard for that.

Jag

Finally managed to snag the Pathrunner mount in Shadowmoon. Was doing my weekly random patrol and there he was (probably helped that it was 2 AM). Also just hit me that it looks a lot like Ashitaka's mount in Princess Mononoke.

Last thing I'd really like in WoD is Voidtalon of the Dark Star, but that seems like even more of a crapshoot than most rare mobs considering it can spawn in any Draenor zone so I doubt I'll try hard for that.

Pretty much gave up on Voidtalon and Pathrunner. It's so heavily farmed. Every hop I make has people at it. Maybe you! I guess there is so little to do at this point that everyone is just farming shit.

Fjordson

Pretty much gave up on Voidtalon and Pathrunner. It's so heavily farmed. Every hop I make has people at it. Maybe you! I guess there is so little to do at this point that everyone is just farming shit.
Haha, well I always patrolled late on weekends, was usually the only one doing it from what I saw. Like 2-3 AM late. And it didn't drive me too crazy because I could just go around the spawn points in a quick loop, figured I'd see him eventually.

Voidtalon I'm a bit weary of going for seriously because of how spread out the spawns are. You could go a long time without it even showing up in the same zone you're watching.

I camped the same area for the void talon and got it pretty easily. I didn't camp any where else but frostfire, by the alliance flight path in the corner. You can stand on one of the rocks and see three spawn points. From there just realm hop every few minutes after the servers come up. If you're in a group and try to go to through the portal it won't let you, but you'll get the void talon in your mailbox in an hour.

Shahadan

This pathrunner thing gives a mount? FFS I've seen him a few times and never bothered, thinking it was just a regular rare (yeah).

I did the same back in the day with aeonaxx :lol: (and never seen since)

Anoregon

I still just need to finally wrangle a few buddies to knock out the Throne of Thunder and Siege of Org achievements. Both of those mounts are rad as hell. My Troll hunter definitely needs to be riding a Zandalari pterodactyl.

Shahadan

I met a neutral big boar (Gorok) and attacked him by accident. Turns out it gave a mount :lol:
I was pretty surprised.

I should really start to read about these things.

Fjordson

Anyone in here in a mythic guild selling Archimonde kills? Wondering what the going price is right now.

Saw someone selling the mount he drops in trade (which I assume is a 100% drop on a mythic kill) for 150k. Isn't that way too low? Of course he logged off before I could whisper him / see what guild he was in.

cdyhybrid

Anyone in here in a mythic guild selling Archimonde kills? Wondering what the going price is right now.

Saw someone selling the mount he drops in trade (which I assume is a 100% drop on a mythic kill) for 150k. Seemed oddly low, but he was offline before I could whisper him.

They might sell the kill for that much if it doesn't include the mount. I've heard it's like 3mil for the mount, no idea though.

cdyhybrid

Okay, so I'm not crazy. They mentioned the mount specifically for 150k, seemed way too low.

Maybe they killed him a long time ago and got all their members mounts already, but I would think even in that case you could get a lot more than 150k - especially with all the free gold raining down from the garrison sky.

Fjordson

Maybe they killed him a long time ago and got all their members mounts already, but I would think even in that case you could get a lot more than 150k - especially with all the free gold raining down from the garrison sky.
Totally. I've never been much of an earner in WoW, but I have over half a million right now. Never been over 100k in previous expansions lol.

Lomax

Saw someone selling the mount he drops in trade (which I assume is a 100% drop on a mythic kill) for 150k. Isn't that way too low? Of course he logged off before I could whisper him / see what guild he was in.

That sounds insanely low. That would probably be low even for the Blackhand mount. Maybe it was the price for a full heroic clear? Or it could have been a scam.

TheYanger

That sounds insanely low. That would probably be low even for the Blackhand mount. Maybe it was the price for a full heroic clear? Or it could have been a scam.

yeah that price is unreal. no chance anyone is selling it that low. Maybe he's overcharging for the heroic moose? That one is only like 50k I think

We sell the mount for 800k cause we're on a dead server, populated servers this close to the patch are running closer to 1.5-2 mil I think.

Like, at this point, finding ag roup with a remaining week to slot you in is the real thing, you almost have to take whatever price you're offered.

Milennia

yeah that price is unreal. no chance anyone is selling it that low. Maybe he's overcharging for the heroic moose? That one is only like 50k I think

We sell the mount for 800k cause we're on a dead server, populated servers this close to the patch are running closer to 1.5-2 mil I think.

Like, at this point, finding ag roup with a remaining week to slot you in is the real thing, you almost have to take whatever price you're offered.

meese are as low as 25k now, we even let some go at 20.

our group is so big we basically set the price per server and on the most dead ones its about 30

Lomax

Heh, what server? US or EU? I'd almost be tempted to try to bring some gold over there for that rate.

Gummy

Neo Member
Rösti;208472013 said:
On the PTR, access to the Broken Shore scenario has been riddled with errors. I managed to do it today on a character I created early on in the PTR cycle, but had to do the scenario alone (which wasn't difficult, but took a bit longer than with a full group). Anyhow, upon completing the scenario I was presented a rather humorous bug. This is what happens in Stormwind Keep after you have completed the scenario. Click the black bars to see the images, beware of spoilers:

Those 4k screenshots though...

Just looking at Survival hunter on the PTR...

damn is it a spec that I won't play. Seems exceedingly unfun to me.

-----

Rogue on PTR seems okay, but I've never liked having to deal with bar-switching due to stealth, which seems like a huge thing for Sub. Assassination is pretty much the same, and Outlaw is whatever, you can talent out of Roll the Bones and into Slice and Dice, but I don't know how good or bad that is.

TheYanger

Heh, what server? US or EU? I'd almost be tempted to try to bring some gold over there for that rate.

Sen'jin atm. Tomorrow and next week are booked, afaik the next one is not, assuming the patch isn't out by then.
meese are as low as 25k now, we even let some go at 20.

our group is so big we basically set the price per server and on the most dead ones its about 30

Shrug, just taking a stab at it, the lower the moose is the less likely it's that either though, sounds like bullshit regardless. An entire guild of people capable of selling archimonde cannot be so braindead as to sell the mount that cheaply. (Referring to the original price for an annihilator, of course, not the moose).

I might be forced out of playing DK in Legion as a main (raid comp with my schedule, etc.), so any opinions on my next best options? Thinking Fury Warrior or Havoc Demon Hunter right now if I have to play something else. Demon Hunter I'd probably be less fussed about losing the investment of 4 expacs on one main since they'd be fresh for everyone.

It's hard to get a really good feeling without beta to toy around on. PTR doesn't quite cut it.

Milennia

Sen'jin atm. Tomorrow and next week are booked, afaik the next one is not, assuming the patch isn't out by then.

Shrug, just taking a stab at it, the lower the moose is the less likely it's that either though, sounds like bullshit regardless. An entire guild of people capable of selling archimonde cannot be so braindead as to sell the mount that cheaply. (Referring to the original price for an annihilator, of course, not the moose).

Yep scam 100%

phierce

I might be forced out of playing DK in Legion as a main (raid comp with my schedule, etc.), so any opinions on my next best options? Thinking Fury Warrior or Havoc Demon Hunter right now if I have to play something else. Demon Hunter I'd probably be less fussed about losing the investment of 4 expacs on one main since they'd be fresh for everyone.

It's hard to get a really good feeling without beta to toy around on. PTR doesn't quite cut it.
With all your raid teams in seraph you're going to be forced out of your main? On Mal'Ganis?

Time to find another team (i.e.: guild)?

Milennia

Remembering your previous post about how your guild is having issues

I would first think "is a reroll even worth it if the guild doesn't have legs at this point"

But if you are confident in the groups future I would say havoc just for the newishness they are pretty good right now, along with fury warrior

I like your reasoning for considering havoc and think it would ease you in better, just for your own piece of mind sort of deal

But I would play first in prepatch obviously to get a feel of you don't have beta

Boogdud

In all honesty, I can't believe it's taken this long to get viable high end content/gear in activities other than raiding. This is coming from someone that was a hardcore raider for the first 3 expansions and burned out from it. Mythic dungeon for high level gear sounds like a dream come true for my old wow friends that burnt out on the raid scene. The best times we had were in dungeons, it's so much more of a personal experience with a smaller group of people.

With normalized pvp and zone scaling, there's just no real excuse to not have high end gear coming from multiple sources that aren't raiding. I've always understood that the high end raiders want to have (and need) the best gear. But I have also always thought it was incredibly lazy of blizzard to only cater to those people when it comes to the coolest items and gear, because you can make very challenging dungeon experiences. Also, a lot more people will experience it. For some reason, to me dungeons that were really difficult (especially vanilla) always felt more rewarding and 'heroic' than raiding. Mostly because raids felt so clinical and there was so much potential for drama. I always felt like I had a more important role in a small group and it is MUCH easier to see how "good" someone is at their class when they're on the hook in a small group and have to have extensive knowledge of their class and use all of their abilities.

Top Bottom