• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT7| Feel the hatred of 10,000 Murlocs

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I might be forced out of playing DK in Legion as a main (raid comp with my schedule, etc.), so any opinions on my next best options? Thinking Fury Warrior or Havoc Demon Hunter right now if I have to play something else. Demon Hunter I'd probably be less fussed about losing the investment of 4 expacs on one main since they'd be fresh for everyone.

It's hard to get a really good feeling without beta to toy around on. PTR doesn't quite cut it.

I'v heard good things from multiple people about Fury in the beta, for what it's worth.

Remembering your previous post about how your guild is having issues

I would first think "is a reroll even worth it if the guild doesn't have legs at this point"

But if you are confident in the groups future I would say havoc just for the newishness they are pretty good right now, along with fury warrior

I like your reasoning for considering havoc and think it would ease you in better, just for your own piece of mind sort of deal

But I would play first in prepatch obviously to get a feel of you don't have beta

Unique situation - without delving into too much detail, but I currently raid on two teams. This would be for the team that isn't having issues so much, but currently houses my alt/backup DK. My schedule going forward (returning to school)/Legion's design won't allow me to keep up with raiding ~5 total days a week anymore though, so I need to cut down to one commitment anyway. With all the new content and artifact grind plus school I don't imagine I'll be able to focus on much more than one character for a good long while. If both ships were sinking then yeah, I'd just look elsewhere.

Anyway…

Watched a good long more recent preview of Havoc. Seems easy enough to pick up and looks fun. Is the movement build a thing though? Where you take all the talents that increase damage on your dashes and go in/out? Cause that's the only thing that would probably suck to play.

Or you join the class of legends such as ya boi Asmongold and Falken.

Zelias

Banned

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Is the movement build a thing though? Where you take all the talents that increase damage on your dashes and go in/out? Cause that's the only thing that would probably suck to play.

Not only is it a thing, but it looks to actually be the highest damage build. So yeah, no thanks to that.

I'm actually surprised at how little interest in DH I have. Especially compared to previous classes. I was fucking hyped on rolling a DK when Wrath was coming out, but for DH I'm just like "they look pretty cool I guess."

ampere

They should probably squish ilevels with the next item squish, ex: just make ilevel match level until the part where the squish ends, making all lv60 raid gear the same level, all lv70 raid gear the same level, etc.

Not like they support and balance twink raiding, so might as well squish those ilevel curves

Khezu

It's silly there is still restrictions on what can be transmogged.

I don't want to go an entire expansion having to use fist weapons on my monk.
Fist weapons look so bad with monk animations.

Just let me mog the artifact into a sword.

And the reverse for Shamans, who actually should be using fist weapons.

Anoregon

And the reverse for Shamans, who actually should be using fist weapons.

Given that Doomhammer is one of the most iconic weapons in the Warcraft universe, I'm gonna have to go ahead and disagree with that.

Windwalkers using fist weapons makes sense, they're always punching. Makes more sense than having a staff on their back or whatever that they occasionally use for a resource generator in one attack. Besides, Shamans do have a fist weapon as well, that's what Elementals have as their artifact.

Shahadan

The PTR is so full of bugs it's not even funny. And they don't seem to care. Oh well, at least I have zero time dilemma on steam....oh wait.

;(

Back to fishing crap on live I guess.

cdyhybrid

In all honesty, I can't believe it's taken this long to get viable high end content/gear in activities other than raiding. This is coming from someone that was a hardcore raider for the first 3 expansions and burned out from it. Mythic dungeon for high level gear sounds like a dream come true for my old wow friends that burnt out on the raid scene. The best times we had were in dungeons, it's so much more of a personal experience with a smaller group of people.

With normalized pvp and zone scaling, there's just no real excuse to not have high end gear coming from multiple sources that aren't raiding. I've always understood that the high end raiders want to have (and need) the best gear. But I have also always thought it was incredibly lazy of blizzard to only cater to those people when it comes to the coolest items and gear, because you can make very challenging dungeon experiences. Also, a lot more people will experience it. For some reason, to me dungeons that were really difficult (especially vanilla) always felt more rewarding and 'heroic' than raiding. Mostly because raids felt so clinical and there was so much potential for drama. I always felt like I had a more important role in a small group and it is MUCH easier to see how "good" someone is at their class when they're on the hook in a small group and have to have extensive knowledge of their class and use all of their abilities.
The amount of people who will actually manage to get a set of Titanforged gear from dungeons is probably smaller than the amount of people that will clear every raid on Mythic.

Khezu

Windwalkers using fist weapons makes sense, they're always punching. Makes more sense than having a staff on their back or whatever that they occasionally use for a resource generator in one attack. Besides, Shamans do have a fist weapon as well, that's what Elementals have as their artifact.

It makes sense sure, but it looks like garbage.

None of those Monk animations were designed to be used with weapons.

Right now the only solution is to use the bandage fist weapon.

Fjordson

One thing in the beta I'm a little confused about is the closer max camera distance. Somehow missed the news until this morning and the blue post on the forums explaining why they're doing it makes no sense to me.

I'm sure I'll adjust, but seems like a really odd move.

These posts weren't posted here right?

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/20745544759?page=2#33

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/20745544759?page=4#71

I think it is interesting what they are making with item ilvl and might make us do all the content instead just the last raid of the patch. Take a look at them they are really interesting.
I like this. Lots of interesting changes.

Which currently can't be used in the beta. :-\

Hope it's not intentional and just hasn't been implemented yet.

I do feel like Windwalker got shafted on their artifact. Not only does it just not look right while in combat but none of the models for it look very good. The hulk fist one is ok but right now it's so large that it looks goofy.

Any Neogaf guild is in Silvermoon server - EU region?

There really isn't a NeoGAF guild, everyone here is off in their own guilds here because NeoGAF guilds tend to be rather short-lived affairs. A few punters come around to kick the tires of the new expansion and disappear after a month or two. There are a number of EU players here but I haven't seen mention of Silvermoon in this thread.

I have a Windwalker, I should just try a fist weapon out on the practice dummies in my garrison and see what it looks like, I've never used anything but a staff.

Edit: I had two WoD fist weapons sitting in my bank, might use them as transmogs in Legion, and honestly I don't think the animations look bad at all. The fist weapons are only really present in the current set-up with the auto-attack, Jab, Spear Hand Strike and Fists of Fury, I think they look fine. I just rolled this monk so I'm not really super invested in the class though, I could see how it might bother you. Fist weapon on an Ele Shaman bothered me when it was first shown off.

I do feel like Windwalker got shafted on their artifact. Not only does it just not look right while in combat but none of the models for it look very good. The hulk fist one is ok but right now it's so large that it looks goofy.

The claw weapons don't look half bad on Windwalkers. And for Ele those floating stone ones look kind of neat.

Anoregon

The amount of people who will actually manage to get a set of Titanforged gear from dungeons is probably smaller than the amount of people that will clear every raid on Mythic.

Given that "Titanforged" is roughly equivalent to the current "Warforged" (maybe a bit rarer) I doubt it will be that rare. Since you aren't locked behind weekly raids in dungeons, the sheer volume of loot you can acquire means that getting items with good extra ilvl rolls probably won't be crazy hard.

Every possible slot? Sure, that would definitely take a while. But I would expect the norm to be having a few key slots Titanforged.

Lomax

The titanforged thing is neat, but it isn't going to motivate people to do lower content for gear unless they put in some sort of sliding odds scale that improves based on your personal ilvl. If the proc chance is 25% (which still seems higher than likely), your chance at even a +15 piece is already under 2%. A +50 piece would be so rare it would make the old baron mount drop rate look generous.

cdyhybrid

Given that "Titanforged" is roughly equivalent to the current "Warforged" (maybe a bit rarer) I doubt it will be that rare. Since you aren't locked behind weekly raids in dungeons, the sheer volume of loot you can acquire means that getting items with good extra ilvl rolls probably won't be crazy hard.

Every possible slot? Sure, that would definitely take a while. But I would expect the norm to be having a few key slots Titanforged.
A few slots isn't full ;)

And I meant Titanforged to a degree that makes it comparable to Mythic raiding gear.

Anyone who thinks they're going to compete gear-wise with a Mythic raider just because they run a ton of dungeons is in for a rude awakening.

Anoregon

The titanforged thing is neat, but it isn't going to motivate people to do lower content for gear unless they put in some sort of sliding odds scale that improves based on your personal ilvl. If the proc chance is 25% (which still seems higher than likely), your chance at even a +15 piece is already under 2%. A +50 piece would be so rare it would make the old baron mount drop rate look generous.

Yeah it's weird because, prior to this new breakdown, it was at least heavily implied (if not stated outright) that your current ilvl would have an impact on the potential ilvl of world drop/dungeon loot. So someone in a full set of heroic raid loot would be much more likely for a world drop reward to upgrade to around heroic raid ilvl than a fresh 100 in greens. They totally omitted that aspect of the new writeup, so maybe it was abandoned?

A few slots isn't full ;)

And I meant Titanforged to a degree that makes it comparable to Mythic raiding gear.

Anyone who thinks they're going to compete gear-wise with a Mythic raider just because they run a ton of dungeons is in for a rude awakening.

Ah, I was taking "titanforged" as meaning 3 successful upgrade rolls (+15). Yeah, anyone expecting to snag a set of mythic raid ilvl gear from dungeons is going to quickly realize that shit aint happening.

The titanforged gear from dungeon content is for plebs like me who don't really raid. I'm in a guild with my priest but it's kind of dead and I don't expect to raid with it at this rate. Hoping that changes with Legion's launch but I'm not holding my breath.

Having decent transmogs and mounts drop from Legion dungeons would be a good way to guarantee people played the content for more than they did in WoD. I farmed BC dungeons more than WoD dungeons because of the Raven Lord and White Hawkstrider. Making dungeons some rote checkpoint in hitting a certain ilvl made WoD dungeons obsolete pretty quickly.

ZenaxPure

They totally omitted that aspect of the new writeup, so maybe it was abandoned?

It does seem to have an impact but I don't think it's like a higher upgrade chance in the purest sense. Based on this blue post from last week it makes it sound like your ilvl will just cut off the bottom end at certain points. That more or less translates into a higher chance just not in the most direct way.

man the in game guild finder is useless

long dead guilds with descriptions like 8/8 HEROIC FIRELANDS

goddammit

im 721 lock with 762 ring and 4/5 heroic tier set on alliance sargares if anyone is in a good more casual oriented raiding/pvp guild

cdyhybrid

man the in game guild finder is useless

long dead guilds with descriptions like 8/8 HEROIC FIRELANDS

goddammit

im 721 lock with 762 ring and 4/5 heroic tier set on alliance sargares if anyone is in a good more casual oriented raiding/pvp guild
If you're looking for a serious raiding guild check out WoWProgress.

Yeah I'll look around on those sites. Never been in a top of the line raiding guild before, just doing the tier below casually. More looking for an active community oriented guild for Legion, entire reason I switched to Sargares

I'm 13/13h but havent started on Mythic yet aside from hopping into a group and getting close on HFA

Lomax

Yeah it's weird because, prior to this new breakdown, it was at least heavily implied (if not stated outright) that your current ilvl would have an impact on the potential ilvl of world drop/dungeon loot. So someone in a full set of heroic raid loot would be much more likely for a world drop reward to upgrade to around heroic raid ilvl than a fresh 100 in greens. They totally omitted that aspect of the new writeup, so maybe it was abandoned?

A simple sliding scale that added +% to your chance to get an upgrade seems like it would be simple to do and a benefit. Like if the gear you got as a drop was 40 iLvls below your personal ilvl, add 20% to the upgrade chance. That would make the odds go from "essentially nonexistent" to "extremely unlikely but possible" which is a huge difference.

The Shadowrun pen and paper RPG had a similar mechanic. Everything was done on a D6. If you rolled a 6, you rerolled and added it. Roll another 6, continue on. So your chance of rolling above a 24 was 1 in 1296. Which meant you had a very very rare chance of something amazing happening, but it wasn't common. That 24 would be the same as +20 in this system.

The store mount sales... Are they only in December?

Usually Black Friday/Thanksgiving as well. They've done some other sales randomly, usually only on a few items though.

TheYanger

Yeah I'll look around on those sites. Never been in a top of the line raiding guild before, just doing the tier below casually. More looking for an active community oriented guild for Legion, entire reason I switched to Sargares

I'm 13/13h but havent started on Mythic yet aside from hopping into a group and getting close on HFA

If you're just looking for a guild on server, either A) get to know folks in game, or B) chcek your realm forums. Wowprogress and such are definitely more for legit hardcore raiding.

Anoregon

Are any of you guys US Horde and could get me into a free heroic archi kill so I can live out my Canadian mountie fantasies?

ampere

Are any of you guys US Horde and could get me into a free heroic archi kill so I can live out my Canadian mountie fantasies?

Free,? What is this, Canada?!

I'm not subbed atm, but my guild stopped doing Heroic Archimonde sales anyway. Maybe check out "Friendship Moose" if that's still going on

I was just thinking about that moose.

I'd like a moose.

I should probably pay for a moose run, right? They go for like 20/25k?

*sigh* If it was this time in MoP, I'd have already have had this. Fucking guilds falling apart, I swear.

Khezu

The two Shaman spells Earthen Spike and Sundering are a bit disappointing visually compared to all the other cool stuff they got.

Earthen Spike should be a pop up.

Nista

The two Shaman spells Earthen Spike and Sundering are a bit disappointing visually compared to all the other cool stuff they got.

Earthen Spike should be a pop up.

I kinda wish they hadn't gone so heavily earth focused for the enh spells - the storm and wind style animations were always cooler visually.

Fjordson

Saw this on the WoW reddit and thought it was kinda neat. Computer Gaming World preview of WoW from 2001 http://imgur.com/a/eDVCI

I was just thinking about that moose.

I'd like a moose.

I should probably pay for a moose run, right? They go for like 20/25k?

*sigh* If it was this time in MoP, I'd have already have had this. Fucking guilds falling apart, I swear.
Yep, 20k from what I've seen lately.

Khezu

I kinda wish they hadn't gone so heavily earth focused for the enh spells - the storm and wind style animations were always cooler visually.

The lightning and wind stuff is cooler.

Also kinda disappointed Boulderfist animation isn't covering your hand is stone and punching someone.

Top Bottom