• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT7| Feel the hatred of 10,000 Murlocs

TheYanger

literally everybody.

Unless you were on it for the full 6 months and memorized archimonde rng and were very good at staring at your feet lining up beams in relation to other beams, oh also p4 marks, those would be a grand time also.

xhul and fel lord also lul

Not sure why you would need weak auras for marks or xhul or fel lord. I mean, weak auras are amazing, and Archimonde beams were legit a fucked mechanic from the get go, that failure is entirely on blizz, but I can't think of a single mechanic other than that that you need a mod for on any boss this entire xpac. Not like "You CAN do it without a mod but it's hard" but like, the mod isn't really doing much other than playing a loud sound or making it MORE obvious. I abuse the shiit out of weak auras when it will help, and I still struggle to think of any of those things besides the wrought chaos.

Milennia

wow at the hfc nerfs, was seeing people buying mythic runs for the mount yesterday too

a lot of people i come in contact with who arent into mythic yet are mostly unsure of what to expect going in or dont want to commit the time being unsure if they can make actual scheduled raid days

so since we are at the very peak end of the instance life cycle we are going to get a massive up in sales, not even just for the mount or the achievement, i used to get people who wanted to dip their feet in and see what it was like to get over some anxiety etc and a lot of people who started raiding and cleared fairly quickly not long after starting and seeing what its like

so theres just the most amount of sales going on than i have ever seen before i believe

(i think so0 was easier at the end of its cycle but meh) i also enjoyed that instance more at the end of its cycle because i came into it late after my break at the start of t15

so im just more fond of so0 in general, even though i adored hfc going through it the first couple months, this time the time has waned on me.

TheYanger

a lot of people i come in contact with who arent into mythic yet are mostly unsure of what to expect going in or dont want to commit the time being unsure if they can make actual scheduled raid days

so since we are at the very peak end of the instance life cycle we are going to get a massive up in sales, not even just for the mount or the achievement, i used to get people who wanted to dip their feet in and see what it was like to get over some anxiety etc and a lot of people who started raiding and cleared fairly quickly not long after starting and seeing what its like

so theres just the most amount of sales going on than i have ever seen before i believe

(i think so0 was easier at the end of its cycle but meh) i also enjoyed that instance more at the end of its cycle because i came into it late after my break at the start of t15

so im just more fond of so0 in general, even though i adored hfc going through it the first couple months, this time the time has waned on me.

I think that's just the nature of it. I took a huge break during both instances and it helped tremendously with the burnout. Flipside dragon soul never really got that old to me so maybe I'm weird, like, a couple hours a week to spend some time with some friends and generally make a shitload of gold has never bothered me that much. I mean, I'm ready not to do it, don't get me wrong, but it's not offensive to me I guess. I feel like it's not hard to objectively rate fights and instances based on their design rather than memories of farming them for a year or not, for example. SoO was worse than HFC for me primarily because the first 3/4 of the zone was dumpster tier easy even initially, while HFC felt like a legitimate instance the first couple weeks. The last 3 bosses in siege were fucking great the entire time. Due to the nature of nerfs though and how heavyhanded they've been for HFC, I feel like only Archimonde and Mannoroth have anything entertaining to offer. I've never been one to greatly enjoy forcing parses on super nerfed content either though, like I try but it's not the same. If the fight is remotely hard it's much more fun to strive, and the further we get into the shit farm hole the more the top parses consist of like 10 mages or more and it just gets dumber and dumber.

EDIT: And I disagree that siege was easier by the end, I think the problem is MOST of siege being easy to begin with. I mean, Klaxxi and Siegecrafter were still legit fights pretty late into things, at least as much so as Manno or Archi are that is. but by the time those were easy the rest of the zone was literal snoozefest/ignore all mechanics. Ithink the hardest parts of siege were about as hard to repeat as the hardest parts of hfc, and the rest of the zone was a bit easier to start but by now hfc is almost accross the board easier. Ring is dumb yo.

ampere

They'll probably beg people to test HFC on the PTR/beta before they release 7.0, but it will probably get tuning fixes to make problematic fights doable if needed. Tanks in particular are changing so much that there are some abilities that might be really dangerous without any artifact abilities. On the other hand it's possible that using Warlord's Unseeing Eye and the heirloom trinket on all fights will be sufficient even without targeted nerfs, but idk

TheYanger

They'll probably beg people to test HFC on the PTR/beta before they release 7.0, but it will probably get tuning fixes to make problematic fights doable if needed. Tanks in particular are changing so much that there are some abilities that might be really dangerous without any artifact abilities. On the other hand it's possible that using Warlord's Unseeing Eye and the heirloom trinket on all fights will be sufficient even without targeted nerfs, but idk

Eh, they never have cared before. Usually they push it live with significant nerfs, if there's an outlier or two that are too hard with mechanic changes, they'll nerf those itno dirt with hotfixes in a day.

Tenebrous

I'm looking forward to skipping glaive combos and Tyrant by just using Ignore Pain.

Milennia

Not sure why you would need weak auras for marks or xhul or fel lord. I mean, weak auras are amazing, and Archimonde beams were legit a fucked mechanic from the get go, that failure is entirely on blizz, but I can't think of a single mechanic other than that that you need a mod for on any boss this entire xpac. Not like "You CAN do it without a mod but it's hard" but like, the mod isn't really doing much other than playing a loud sound or making it MORE obvious. I abuse the shiit out of weak auras when it will help, and I still struggle to think of any of those things besides the wrought chaos.

the p4 mods were massive early on, because that mod organized where people go for the marks, something that no other mod had sorted until later on, dbm was broken and ert etc. didnt have anything worth while

i believe (dont hold me to this because my memory is fucked) big wigs had something that was working if you had a special plug in the author gave out, but we really didnt like it and i cant remember why actually.

xhul was used for chains, people DID kill it without this but were at a great disadvantage, most of the people who didnt use that didnt know about it, same with the bird boss WA which was hotfixed after a couple of guilds killed it.

method did get xhul down without the WA or even knowing about the chains, props to them the clear they had was insane, i think xhul wiped them close to manno numbers because of dealing with that mechanic, but they simply didnt know.

outside of this instance it was mostly quality of life stuff us privileged raiders couldnt do without etc

i remember some good stuff we had on imperator, just range indicators and loud noises etc. just infinitely easier to the point of being mandatory, because why not

fel lord i didnt touch on, the WA was the only thing that even seperated the seeds early on, then weeks later dbm had a working module that didnt bug (or big wigs, cant remember)

i think my necessity for them is just being spoiled really, i have had access to a lot of these before many people, to be honest i can say the same about ert modules
also since t14 the mad rush pushing that addon has really accustomed me and every guild ive been associated with since to just mandate it so everyone is on the same level,, less room for error or outliers etc. im sure you know

i actually agree with you by the way on siege feeling easier because of the earlier sections, my guild had been doing it when i came back already and were very good at repeat kills apparently, i think i wiped on that boss twice out of my 30 kills or so following their initial clear when i didnt play the game. we used to sell 10 man also towards the end and the guild i was in started as a 10 man guild so they had everything set strat wise and we would blow through that, i found garry harder on 10 man though, i actually couldnt stand there and do fire mage shenanigans and scumbag combusting the mcs on 10 man.

archimonde is a much easier encounter, a shade of its former self, but mannoroth is still wipe prone which for me was a stand out of the 2 instances since we never wiped in soo in my time there really, i remember a weird night on blackfuse and it was a fluke i guess, i actually enjoyed doing that boss on farm.

i enjoy doing archimonde as well actually even though hes been reduced to a 6 minute nothingness, luckily we only do the final 2 bosses at this point, i havent full cleared in maybe a month.

ampere

What's the drop rate on the trinkets that drop mythic dungeons? I really need to grind some of those out. I only have two.

No idea, since they are personal loot drops it's hard to get drop rate data

YMMV basically, it took me 2 months of clearing to get all 5 I think

TheYanger

the p4 mods were massive early on, because that mod organized where people go for the marks, something that no other mod had sorted until later on, dbm was broken and ert etc. didnt have anything worth while

i believe (dont hold me to this because my memory is fucked) big wigs had something that was working if you had a special plug in the author gave out, but we really didnt like it and i cant remember why actually.

xhul was used for chains, people DID kill it without this but were at a great disadvantage, most of the people who didnt use that didnt know about it, same with the bird boss WA which was hotfixed after a couple of guilds killed it.

method did get xhul down without the WA or even knowing about the chains, props to them the clear they had was insane, i think xhul wiped them close to manno numbers because of dealing with that mechanic, but they simply didnt know.

outside of this instance it was mostly quality of life stuff us privileged raiders couldnt do without etc

i remember some good stuff we had on imperator, just range indicators and loud noises etc. just infinitely easier to the point of being mandatory, because why not

fel lord i didnt touch on, the WA was the only thing that even seperated the seeds early on, then weeks later dbm had a working module that didnt bug (or big wigs, cant remember)

i think my necessity for them is just being spoiled really, i have had access to a lot of these before many people, to be honest i can say the same about ert modules
also since t14 the mad rush pushing that addon has really accustomed me and every guild ive been associated with since to just mandate it so everyone is on the same level,, less room for error or outliers etc. im sure you know

i actually agree with you by the way on siege feeling easier because of the earlier sections, my guild had been doing it when i came back already and were very good at repeat kills apparently, i think i wiped on that boss twice out of my 30 kills or so following their initial clear when i didnt play the game. we used to sell 10 man also towards the end and the guild i was in started as a 10 man guild so they had everything set strat wise and we would blow through that, i found garry harder on 10 man though, i actually couldnt stand there and do fire mage shenanigans and scumbag combusting the mcs on 10 man.

archimonde is a much easier encounter, a shade of its former self, but mannoroth is still wipe prone which for me was a stand out of the 2 instances since we never wiped in soo in my time there really, i remember a weird night on blackfuse and it was a fluke i guess, i actually enjoyed doing that boss on farm.

i enjoy doing archimonde as well actually even though hes been reduced to a 6 minute nothingness, luckily we only do the final 2 bosses at this point, i havent full cleared in maybe a month.

Oh you're just saying to put marks on people in p4, fuck it 24 people in the raid can not install anything and still get that going. Even if you theoretically didn't do it, it'd just be a matter of 'marks' and person with 3 seconds goes here, 5 goes here, 7 here, 9 here. Obviously that's harder but good guilds would do that just fine.

The marking on fel lord is important, the rest nah. We never had trouble with chains without a weak aura. I think it's the difference between good players utilizing every advantage they can because they're good players, and you cannot do this mechanic without this advantage, which is why it came up in the first place. You can replicate the ability to handle the mechanic exactly the same with or without the WA in almost any situation, the WA just makes it more braindead. Same with closer camera angles. It's disingenuous to pretend it's impossible to do mechanics without a super zoomed out view (not reo[pening that conversation, just stating why I mentioned it in the original post).

I think early siege bosses had fun mechanics too, for the record, but when they're NEVER hard enough to matter, it's difficult to really evaluate them fairly. Like, sha of pruide had the cool pac man thing. Neat! I've NEVER done it for more than 2 or 3 seconds because it was never remotely challenging, to me that's a huge travesty. Compare it to say...Kormrok. Kormrok that first week was hard, I felt like all of the mechanics were thoughtful and interesting. Literally 1-2 weeks worth of gear later (or rings later if you were farther behind) and it's one of the most boring bosses in the zone because nothing happens, that's a fucking shame, but at least he got that period where I can say "No, this boss as intended was pretty neat" unlike the Sha of Pride :(

biaxident

Got pretty hyped from Preach's disc preview a few months back, hopped on the ptr and it seems they watered it down some. Guess that's to be expected, was the mind blast damage too high for dps or something? No mindblast and the aoe heal grants full atonement, doesn't sound like too hard to play.

Milennia

Oh you're just saying to put marks on people in p4, fuck it 24 people in the raid can not install anything and still get that going. Even if you theoretically didn't do it, it'd just be a matter of 'marks' and person with 3 seconds goes here, 5 goes here, 7 here, 9 here. Obviously that's harder but good guilds would do that just fine.

The marking on fel lord is important, the rest nah. We never had trouble with chains without a weak aura. I think it's the difference between good players utilizing every advantage they can because they're good players, and you cannot do this mechanic without this advantage, which is why it came up in the first place. You can replicate the ability to handle the mechanic exactly the same with or without the WA in almost any situation, the WA just makes it more braindead. Same with closer camera angles. It's disingenuous to pretend it's impossible to do mechanics without a super zoomed out view (not reo[pening that conversation, just stating why I mentioned it in the original post).

I think early siege bosses had fun mechanics too, for the record, but when they're NEVER hard enough to matter, it's difficult to really evaluate them fairly. Like, sha of pruide had the cool pac man thing. Neat! I've NEVER done it for more than 2 or 3 seconds because it was never remotely challenging, to me that's a huge travesty. Compare it to say...Kormrok. Kormrok that first week was hard, I felt like all of the mechanics were thoughtful and interesting. Literally 1-2 weeks worth of gear later (or rings later if you were farther behind) and it's one of the most boring bosses in the zone because nothing happens, that's a fucking shame, but at least he got that period where I can say "No, this boss as intended was pretty neat" unlike the Sha of Pride :(

you brought up kormrok so i need to say this

we had an ert module for that boss on day 1 and wiped for about 12 hours on it and it was the best night ive ever had because its the most suck that guild has ever been ever and we were just laughing the entire time, it was also the only full 12 hour day we had, the rest were half if not 7 hours lol, the next day we just walked in and killed it np after 2 attempts and then proceeded to have like the lowest pull count on council of anyone at that point only to have the worst gorefiend in us, like worse than nihilum gorefiend.

then after that it was nice, 2 easy bosses into us 5 fel lord and then smooth after xhul, and xhul was a joke for us about 70 attempts or less because of chains which we knew of from beta.
we had the bird weak aura also (which killed the fight for you basically) then it got hotfixed right after we killed socrethar. the fight was still a joke but we would have killed it in 15 less pulls out of the 30 or something for sure. regardless our roster was fairly new..kinda, and to help the guild and watch us come back from a really bad brf due to people basically trying to sabotage the whole thing and not caring who were gone at that point, made this one of my most memorable tiers by far

even though im no longer there (wanted to play with friends elsewhere) i think they will do even better next tier

tangent lol

and i have to say first hand and playing with some very good players, that we did 1 round of successful p4 archimonde then when the mechanics ramp after the first set, its just not a thing, this is one of those things thats doable without a WA but you migth as well just be fucked, i dont know of a single group that did it without one and some people worked on perfecting their p1-2 until they got it working (best story i heard that tier).

i am fully in the camp of you can do things without the addon but you are making it extremely hard for yourself and are not doing your guild or piers any favors, if you arent using it, someone else is and telling everyone what to do with it kindof thing.

the camera angle thing i addressed with like so many people already and everyone was of a different opinion, i only care about boss rooms and in legion i can still see the whole room of each encounter so im good, and thats it for me on that summed up.

Pendas

Banned
Pendas, you're on top of a weird high horse when you begin this conversation with this.

I really am. Seems like half of these forums are people complaining about things, and the other half is people crying that Link isn't a woman.

Shit happens, Put the effort you spend typing out paragraphs upon paragraphs of pointless opinions into thinking about how you're going to handle it going forward. Change, and challenge, is a good thing.

Nice generalizations you have made here. I'd like to know what MMO's you are talking about,.

FFXI, Everquest, Star Wars Galaxies. There were so many horrible changes, god awful balancing decisions and broken system that weren't changed for years. There was some complaining, but the majority of people dealt with it, powered through the shit, and found a way to make it work. Before you would be bend towards the system and work around it, now a days people demand the system bend and work around them.

Khezu

Playing on the test realms.

Shaman have some of the coolest animations in the game right now.

Both Elemental and Enhancement.

Pendas

Banned
Playing on the test realms.

Shaman have some of the coolest animations in the game right now.

Both Elemental and Enhancement.

A lot of the Melee animations look incredible. I personally love Frost DK right now. One of the reasons I'm building a new PC is to see everything in the best quality possible. Totally spoiling myself for the new expansion, but everything about it looks great so far.

cdyhybrid

There's no point in testing HFC. If you haven't cleared it yet you won't post-patch. Just slap a fat nerf on it and call it a day.

Looks like people have spotted a few subtle changes to the Karazhan Crypts area outside the raid on PTR

Hmm, wonder what that mega dungeon could be

A few different Artifact quests have steps around Kara, might be related to that.

I have finally have all of the heirloom pieces you can acquire with gold, yay, but have none of the ones you acquire through world events or naval missions, boo.

Regarding those mythic dungeon trinkets, I got all five within two weeks. I did every dungeon on three characters. One dungeon actually gave me two of them which I couldn't believe.

I've seen people say it's taken months and other say just a few days. Hopefully it's the latter for you.

Apparently as of tonight my one raid team is collapsing around me. I guess cause it takes us too fucking long to clear Manno/Arch each week. Suppose people don't want mounts enough, IDK. (Exodus of 4+ players it seems, and we don't have the bench or recruitment capabilities this late to replace them with Arch-ready people).

RIP.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
Apparently as of tonight my one raid team is collapsing around me. I guess cause it takes us too fucking long to clear Manno/Arch each week. Suppose people don't want mounts enough, IDK. (Exodus of 4+ players it seems, and we don't have the bench or recruitment capabilities this late to replace them with Arch-ready people).

RIP.

My guild is recruiting. 13/13m Ally Sarg

TheYanger

you brought up kormrok so i need to say this

we had an ert module for that boss on day 1 and wiped for about 12 hours on it and it was the best night ive ever had because its the most suck that guild has ever been ever and we were just laughing the entire time, it was also the only full 12 hour day we had, the rest were half if not 7 hours lol, the next day we just walked in and killed it np after 2 attempts and then proceeded to have like the lowest pull count on council of anyone at that point only to have the worst gorefiend in us, like worse than nihilum gorefiend.

then after that it was nice, 2 easy bosses into us 5 fel lord and then smooth after xhul, and xhul was a joke for us about 70 attempts or less because of chains which we knew of from beta.
we had the bird weak aura also (which killed the fight for you basically) then it got hotfixed right after we killed socrethar. the fight was still a joke but we would have killed it in 15 less pulls out of the 30 or something for sure. regardless our roster was fairly new..kinda, and to help the guild and watch us come back from a really bad brf due to people basically trying to sabotage the whole thing and not caring who were gone at that point, made this one of my most memorable tiers by far

even though im no longer there (wanted to play with friends elsewhere) i think they will do even better next tier

tangent lol

and i have to say first hand and playing with some very good players, that we did 1 round of successful p4 archimonde then when the mechanics ramp after the first set, its just not a thing, this is one of those things thats doable without a WA but you migth as well just be fucked, i dont know of a single group that did it without one and some people worked on perfecting their p1-2 until they got it working (best story i heard that tier).

i am fully in the camp of you can do things without the addon but you are making it extremely hard for yourself and are not doing your guild or piers any favors, if you arent using it, someone else is and telling everyone what to do with it kindof thing.

the camera angle thing i addressed with like so many people already and everyone was of a different opinion, i only care about boss rooms and in legion i can still see the whole room of each encounter so im good, and thats it for me on that summed up.

Yeah we were looking at your guys council pulls to try and figure out wtf was going on since we didn't test the boss and had no idea that you basically had to exploit it. Then it was like 'wait,why the fuck are we taking 7 times as much Mark damage' and it died a pull or two later.

Funny about Kormrok since that's definitely a boss that the mod isn't needed for, just handy from a raid leader perspective in terms of ease of use. Idk why imgur shrunk it, but this was all I did for our first kill, took like 2 pulls just to verify that it was static and then just assigned the spots based on the marks we were using.
fRbyke8.jpg

Edit: fuck you imgur, it showed super tiny thumbnail size only on my end, until I posted it here -_-

I've always been one to just MSpaint diagrams though, way back to like naxx 40.

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
Many variables are seeing changes in max/min values, and I don't like that. The changes to maximum camera distance I find inane.

Tenebrous

I'm going Fury on Manno Mythic for the first time tonight. Kinda scary as I've never really played Fury in my 400 days /played as a Warrior, but it should be fine as I know the tactics well enough from just observing as a tank.

Any tips & tricks, though? I'm letting the other fury warrior in the group take all the bladestorms with the ring up (because he has double mythic CE so will get more out of it) & all the interrupts on the doom lords. Trinkets I have a UH/DC mythic & EDH/Class trinket heroic - Going to run EDH & Class as we need to push phases more than we need add DPS (we've 2/3 hunters geared to hell & back, two prot pally tanks 740/745, and a ret pally in a top 60 in the world guild...

I don't know. I'm just hoping perhaps one of you guys can give me a magic trick to do good as DPS, haha.

Tarazet

So I'm not sure what to do to improve my gear at this point. It seems like everyone has figured it out except for me.

My best stuff is basically 695 Baleful gear and 685 LFR set. Which raids could I try to pug that I wouldn't be a complete embarrassment? I know my stuff when it comes to my class, but I don't know the encounters.

Tenebrous

So I'm not sure what to do to improve my gear at this point. It seems like everyone has figured it out except for me.

My best stuff is basically 695 Baleful gear and 685 LFR set. Which raids could I try to pug that I wouldn't be a complete embarrassment? I know my stuff when it comes to my class, but I don't know the encounters.

Learn the encounters & try get some decent trinkets. That'll get you into any reasonable lower normal group.

PvP gear is easy to get, though. 710 iLvl will get you into lower heroic runs.

What I did on my main was give him mostly Baleful gear upgraded with valor, so most of his stuff was 705. Then got the cloak, wrists, neck and (the decent) trinket from Kazzak, all of which goes up to 715 with valor upgrades.

I'd say try some Mythic dungeons. You already know the tactics and they might drop some upgraded gear for you that's 700+, or even the heirloom trinket which can be useful now depending on your class.

Lanrutcon

Watched the movie today.

First half was cool, last half not so much. It did remind me how brutally boring the Alliance side of the lore is.

So I watched the movie a week and a half ago and it got me in the mood for Warcraft again, I didn't want to play Warcraft 3+Frozen Throne again, so I checked out World of Warcraft.

I played for 2-3 Hours roughly 6 years ago(Trial) and I gave up after a while, this time however I've been playing continuously and I'm level 25 and I've been grinding like hell and a guild member even helped me out with some Heirloom items(up to level 60, 3 items).

Anyway I have 371G I thought that was a huge amount until I accessed the auction house, I wanted a better looking mount then the plain horse,yeah...not going to happen.

How do people make so much money? Why are the mounts extremely expensive?

When do I get access to better mounts and why does the Horde get access to an awesome wolf while the Alliance Human get a plain horse? :(

Lanrutcon

So I watched the movie a week and a half ago and it got me in the mood for Warcraft again, I didn't want to play Warcraft 3+Frozen Throne again, so I checked out World of Warcraft.

I played for 2-3 Hours roughly 6 years ago(Trial) and I gave up after a while, this time however I've been playing continuously and I'm level 25 and I've been grinding like hell and a guild member even helped me out with some Heirloom items(up to level 60, 3 items).

Anyway I have 371G I thought that was a huge amount until I accessed the auction house, I wanted a better looking mount then the plain horse,yeah...not going to happen.

How do people make so much money? Why are the mounts extremely expensive?

When do I get access to better mounts and why does the Horde get access to an awesome wolf while the Alliance Human get a plain horse? :(

Ok, so there are a million mounts. From achievements, from dungeons, from raids, from vendors, from factions, from pvp, from seasonal events. I mean, once you gain some levels you'll be hard pressed not to trip over a mount or 14. Just focus on playing the game atm, and when you're at/near max level you can go mount farming to your heart's content. I don't even try for mounts and I have 40something mounts.

As for money, the current expansion (WoD) basically fucked up and allowed everyone to make obscene amounts of cash. This is going away in a month, and no you can't take advantage of it without a lot of max level characters. So it sucks for new guys, and us regulars have enough gold to buy a third world country or two.

That being said, making money becomes easier as you level. Don't try and make a fortune until you're 90+.

Ok, so there are a million mounts. From achievements, from dungeons, from raids, from vendors, from factions, from pvp, from seasonal events. I mean, once you gain some levels you'll be hard pressed not to trip over a mount or 14. Just focus on playing the game atm, and when you're at/near max level you can go mount farming to your heart's content. I don't even try for mounts and I have 40something mounts.

As for money, the current expansion (WoD) basically fucked up and allowed everyone to make obscene amounts of cash. This is going away in a month, and no you can't take advantage of it without a lot of max level characters. So it sucks for new guys, and us regulars have enough gold to buy a third world country or two.

That being said, making money becomes easier as you level. Don't try and make a fortune until you're 90+.

Thanks for the quick explanation, as I said I'm new to the game so I was confused, making Gold is hard at the moment, but I'm seeing comments around the internet it gets much easier as you level.

I'll just ignore the city and just explore and quest with a bit of dungeons, thanks man.

TheYanger

Thanks for the quick explanation, as I said I'm new to the game so I was confused, making Gold is hard at the moment, but I'm seeing comments around the internet it gets much easier as you level.

I'll just ignore the city and just explore and quest with a bit of dungeons, thanks man.

It's not JUST garrisons that made money so inflated, though it helped push numbers from hundreds of thousands into millions easily, it's just the scaling. At every stage of the game gold increases just due to inflation and necessity to make new players/returning players not be at a complete loss to catch up.

For example, in vanilla 1,000 gold was a lot (this is what an epic mount used to cost). Many players didn't even have epic mounts because of it. hyper Rich players might've had ~10,000 gold after 2 years of farming and buying/selling smartly on the ah. TBC gold inflates, now your average player probably had 10-20,000 gold after the expansion (Again, 2 years of farming and playing), and hyper rich players probably had in the hundreds. It just goes on like this, if the gold didn't increase exponentially with each expansion we'd still have new and returning players feeling like farming 1000 gold was a huge feat, but we'd have gold barons with like a million + gold even in vanilla terms.

The result for someone like you is that as you hit each new level cap from previous expansions and move on to new ones, your gold gains are just going to keep skyrocketing. By the time you hit max level you'll easily have 20-30,000 gold just from questing. With a new expansion coming around the corner if you want to keep playing it's an excellent time to make money just by gathering and selling shit or what have you in Legion (assuming you catch up before the rush is over). Once you ahve gold, it starts to feel easy to keep earning it honestly, that's how so many people that post here or otherwise are 'hardcore' about the game manage to pay their subs with tokens, which sit like 45k each right now. There's an initial hump of learning to earn, but it doesn't actually take much playtime to do so once you know how. If you ever start raiding, you're set for life - people pay wayway too much to get carried through raids. One month of sales will pay for a year of gametime easily.

Oh, and regarding mounts: The easiest weird looking one you can get is probably like a Hearthsteed, just win 3 games of hearthstone or something. Otherwise just keep levelling and try to figure out what you want.

Top Bottom