• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT7| Feel the hatred of 10,000 Murlocs

ZenaxPure

Neat. People who are subbed will have to try it out and say if it's worth playing

All of those events were already on beta so it's a known quantity. It's cool if you want to see the story but gameplay wise the majority of it is sitting around listening to NPCs talk. Most of it actually is Legion story setup (all of which is in the Chronicle as well so if you've read that you don't learn anything new from this).

ampere

Not really. Did both on the beta, and found them both to be forgettable.

Hope they're 100% skippable on alts in 7.0/Legion.

All of those events were already on beta so it's a known quantity. It's cool if you want to see the story but gameplay wise the majority of it is sitting around listening to NPCs talk. Most of it actually is Legion story setup (all of which is in the Chronicle as well so if you've read that you don't learn anything new from this).

Are there any pets or anything neat from those, or the other pre-patch stuff for that matter?

I basically only did mechanics/dungeon testing on alpha

Are there any pets or anything neat from those, or the other pre-patch stuff for that matter?

On PTR there's a pet and 4 transmog sets you buy with the currency from the demon invasions. There's also weapon drops out of the boxes you get from invasions with (I think) semi-unique models (some are decent, others look crap).

ZenaxPure

Basically what Carbon said. Only thing I will add is that the transmog sets are just green fel-ish recolors of the WoD crafted sets so you already know if you are interested in them or not. Personally a big fan of the cloth/plate ones but don't care for the leather or mail one.

Will collect them anyway though cause why not, new transmog system makes it worth it since I might want to use them for something down the road.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Man, imagine if WoW got the attention to 'balance' that Overwatch gets in PVP.

Could you imagine, Resto Druids just dominating and then suddenly you log onto your resto druid and you've been McCreed?

ampere

Thanks, I'll keep that stuff in mind. Probably will resub during August and check it out, probably get some mileage out of playing with the new transmog system even prior to Legion release

gryvan

So quick question, how spread out is GAF in WoW?

was contemplating which servers to choose from and would like alliance preferred however i have some friends playing horde side as well.

I maintain that we should consider a Discord server so we can all be centralized into one chat and voice channel. Would be super easy to facilitate cross play

Khezu

I'd join a Gaf guild for Legion.
Not like anyone I know still plays.

Thinking about trying Alliance since I have been almost exclusively Horde.

I maintain that we should consider a Discord server so we can all be centralized into one chat and voice channel. Would be super easy to facilitate cross play

This might be best if people want to group around launch. Cause a straight GAF guild hasn't and won't pan out in the long term for various reasons.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
This might be best if people want to group around launch. Cause a straight GAF guild hasn't and won't pan out in the long term for various reasons.

im cool with a discord channel too

it might be worth listing a few of the guilds we are all in in the OP (if they are receptive to inviting gaffers as socials/raiders), just to give people an idea who are looking to move around or start up again where to go and who to contact.

Tarazet

Honestly, I can't comment on this, because I can't imagine playing the game on a near optimum level without addons. I know it happens(arena tournament players can't use addons, right?), but it's far from the norm, and honestly, every spec has this problem to a great extent(even if it's even more pronounced for some).

I understand high-level feral play, but honestly play it very casually and just for leveling/dungeons. In those situations, the spec is fine, and even easier than some other specs IMO without addons.

Feral is a good spec for leveling, because they are stupidly survivable, have a ton of self-healing and also have access to Ferocious Bite, which gives you the burst you need to get through a single squishy mob.

Maintaining Savage Roar when out in the world is not much fun though.

When raiding, everything flows pretty decently, but there is a lot to do. The rotation involves this: keep up Savage Roar, keep up your bleeds, and try to use a 2-charge buff from a Healing Touch which is activated by Dream of Cenarius, on your next Rip (which means quickly gaining 5 combo points before the buff falls off), plus the Rake or Thrash bleed immediately following, plus you have to apply those bleeds when the Tiger's Fury buff is up, which is available every 30 seconds. That's because they still snapshot.. other classes lost access to snapshotting, but not Feral, you still have to snapshot Tiger's Fury and Savage Roar to get the most out of your bleeds!

Here, made a basic WoWgaf Discord channel:

Quote to see invite link.

------

In other news, looks like I get to main Havoc DH for Legion as it currently stands.

Tenebrous

Here, made a basic WoWgaf Discord channel:

Quote to see invite link.

------

In other news, looks like I get to main Havoc DH for Legion as it currently stands.

Good luck with the Discord. I'd jump in if I weren't so likely to get insta-banned for obscenity. My guild getting me over my teamspeak anxiety is a curse on the world.

Putting 2 and 2 together and getting 5 most probably, but could the fact that the storyline quest stuff is broken down into 5 stages mean that the pre-patch is 5 weeks long? Meaning a July 26th release date at the latest?

Makes sense to me, but I'm hoping for a surprise launch on the 12th/13th. I reckon it'll be the 19th/20th date, though.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Putting 2 and 2 together and getting 5 most probably, but could the fact that the storyline quest stuff is broken down into 5 stages mean that the pre-patch is 5 weeks long? Meaning a July 26th release date at the latest?

It's a reasonable assumption, at least.

Azzurri

Got my Gold CM run on the 6th, can't wait. Bought it for 250k. Cheapest price there was, now they did raise it 50k(I was grandfathered it the 250k), which makes them like 100k cheaper than the next who is like 400k, and some sell close to 600k

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Night Elves are so lame that the best characters in predominantly Night Elf stories (like war of the ancients) are not even Night Elves. Jarod Shadowsong is cool, though.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Malfurion was one of my favorite characters in WC3.

on one hand, he doesn't do much in WoW. On the other hand, that means he hasn't been Thralled where they've ruined one of my favorite characters

Ashodin

Show me your pre-prepatch mogs brehs

wH8ksNa.jpg

Anoregon

I'm going to be spending a lot of time doing old raids once 7.0 hits for all them wardrobe unlocks.

I'm also going to enjoy vendoring all the old purples in my bank and void storage.

Your Warlock is a disgrace.

Needs more skulls.

Well, that's part of what I'm going for, haha. Every warlock I see looks the same. I'm only using the staff because I don't have anything else I like. But I wanted the color scheme without the skulls and other typical stuff you see on the class.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I try to be... I don't think I've ever trashed a WoW dev because I know it's a team effort and I know stuff gets lost in the shuffle and deadlines have ot be met.

...but I have no idea how Brian Holinka has a job. He has absolutely maimed WoW's pvp game and has learned NOTHING from WoD. Rather, every bit of criticism he gets seems to be met iwth 'well fuck you I'm going to do it even more until you like it!'

Lomax

I'm really looking forward to the wardrobe, I'm sure I'll spend lots of time messing around with outfits and farming stuff, especially since I don't play to buy Legion at launch. I prefer not to just use existing sets as mogs, I try to find stuff that compliments each other from various sources.

My shaman, I'm not fond of the shape of the gloves but they were the best looking match. I really think they should do stuff with the cape/back slot that is similar to these wings or the rocket backpacks or other stuff you can get now.

My warlock. I still hate her new face in screencaps but I've gotten used to it in game. Mentally I think of her as having "aged" from her old low poly face.

My blood elf paladin is just in some variant of a slutmog set depending on the day, I won't bother posting that.

Anoregon

I never put all that much thought or effort into my transmogs, but I really like how my DK turned out

xYwLudA.png

Top Bottom