• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT7| Feel the hatred of 10,000 Murlocs

Won't post all my alts as it'd be image spam, so I'll just do my Ally and horde mains. For some reason my screenshots always seem to look a crappier quality than my game actually is, dunno why.

sLRw9IB.jpg

i9MzwtJ.jpg

Been thinking of making a plate wearing Dwarf, this isn't helping...

I haven't really had time to focus on collecting transmogs being new to my server/faction, I've been focusing on leveling a couple of classes instead. I am happy with what I have for my Shadow Priest so far.

With Shadow Priest I really only have to worry about the silhouette.

Is cloth a drop again in Legion or is it a stupid, gated currency like in WoD?

Edit: It's a drop, huzzah!

Shal´dorei Silk can be found on humanoids within the Broken Isles. Check my guide: Best farming place for Shal´dorei Silk.

Also, Gorgrond can go fuck a duck, it's easily the worst zone/questing in WoD. Hey, you know that Iron Horde that's sort of a threat that you just kicked in the junk at the end of your starter zone, well forget about all that and fight some plant dudes in the jungle. Oh hey, here's some nonsense about an artifact, some random Iron Horde boss and the zone is done, off to the sudden invasion of Shattrath!

Lomax

Is cloth a drop again in Legion or is it a stupid, gated currency like in WoD?

Edit: It's a drop, huzzah!

Cloth (Sumptuous Fur) is the only material in WoD that's still worth anything on my servers. And tailoring has always had a time gated mat going all the way back to at least BC, so it seems pretty likely it will again.

Honestly, for all the bitching about the gated mats in WoD, they were far more prolific and easy to get than any previous incarnation. Heck the Cata cloth cooldowns were a freaking week long.

ampere

Honestly, for all the bitching about the gated mats in WoD, they were far more prolific and easy to get than any previous incarnation. Heck the Cata cloth cooldowns were a freaking week long.

The real irony was that we went from making 1 item per day with stacking up to 20 in MoP to making 24 or so a day (including work orders) stacking up to 200 in WoD, so even with the 10x bigger stacks it was still consuming more bag space!

The wardrobe will fix a lot of my bag space concerns, but it doesn't change the fact that they have been pretty shit at coordinating across teams to not have terrible bag space bloating

I can't speak to past expansion since this is my first but the gating of crafting materials is arbitrary and stupid. It's not even consistent across all of the professions. Plus it's not like they're gating anything of value, just my ability to level tailoring up. With older content I am only limited by how much material I can gather or buy. No WoD crafted item is worth using at its base level and the time, money and energy spent to make crafted items useful is prohibitively long. With Herbalism I can gather as many herbs as I want, I can grind out as many pigments as I want, with Inscription I can make as much inscription research as I have materials for and unlock as many glyphs as I want. The only thing I'm throttled by is Warpaints, which doesn't matter because you can't make anything worthwhile with them. With Tailoring I can't gather as much cloth as I want, I can't many bolts of cloth as I have materials for. I am throttled by daily cooldowns and subsist off of a drip feed from garrison buildings.

Lomax

I can't speak to past expansion since this is my first but the gating of crafting materials is arbitrary and stupid. It's not even consistent across all of the professions. Plus it's not like they're gating anything of value, just my ability to level tailoring up. With older content I am only limited by how much material I can gather or buy. No WoD crafted item is worth using at its base level and the time, money and energy spent to make crafted items useful is prohibitively long. With Herbalism I can gather as many herbs as I want, I can grind out as many pigments as I want, with Inscription I can make as much inscription research as I have materials for and unlock as many glyphs as I want. The only thing I'm throttled by is Warpaints, which doesn't matter because you can't make anything worthwhile with them. With Tailoring I can't gather as much cloth as I want, I can't many bolts of cloth as I have materials for. I am throttled by daily cooldowns and subsist off of a drip feed from garrison buildings.

Leveling up is generally the least of a concern beyond the very beginning. And I found leveling up work skills like leatherworking vastly easier and less wasteful than they had been in the past. Crafting the best gear or most desirable items has almost always had some sort of limiter, whether it was time gating, location, rare drops, or what not. The "drip feed" of a garrison is at least consistent and inexpensive.

Besides, be careful what you wish for. Those constraints you dislike so much are basically the only thing that allows anything crafted to have any value. As soon as you take them away, everything crashes as people mass produce as fast as possible. All the margins are gone and the only profit to be made is in the raw resources.

Barely anything crafted by WoD professions has any real value anyways. After the year and a bit that I've been playing I only choose professions so I can provide my various toons with stuff for free. I've made more money selling older crafting mats than I did with my WoD level crafts.

Khezu

Playing around on the PTR I have realized that Worgen have the worst animations in the game by a considerable margin. Just everything about them is terrible. Their casting animations in particular are atrocious.

I don't know how you screw up such a simple concept as fucking werewolves, but here we are.

On a brighter note though, playing around with the worgens racial and turning into a human made me realize just how much improved male humans were.
Still a little too muscular for my taste, but I could maybe be a human warrior.

Do share.

It's no 'go here to get mount' solution but I camped the three potential spawns in Gorgrond. For some reason people avoid those ones, I saw one other person there, one time, and he realm hopped in, checked one spawn and hopped right off again. In my experience with the exception of the Gorgrond and Spires spawns, every other zone has people constantly phasing in and out on every possible spawn at all hours of the day and night.

New Demon Hunter:

I might be an ElvUI convert now. Just trying it for beta to simplify things, but it really does most of what the crazy cocktail of addons I've collected over the years does in a clean package. I have AA on plus imgur compression so the pic is a little blurry.

Also noticed that the PTR is for some reason taking up 60GB of data compared to the ~35-37 for Beta and Live. What's up with that? Might just delete it.

Ken

So quick question, how spread out is GAF in WoW?

was contemplating which servers to choose from and would like alliance preferred however i have some friends playing horde side as well.

Wow gryvan betraying us bonechewer folks.

Tenebrous

Any EU Horde players here need a tank for the last few weeks of HFC? Pretty sure my guild won't be raiding again until Legion. Don't care if it's heroic Gorefiend or mythic Mannoroth.

Tarazet

I've picked up my Forsaken Monk again, and I'm surprised at how much they beefed up Touch of the Grave. It's doing a lot more damage and healing than it used to in MoP. I'm not sure if it brings it to parity with the Heart of the Wild cat burst opener with Berserking that I use as my calling card, but it's pretty damn useful.

Jag

New Demon Hunter:

I might be an ElvUI convert now. Just trying it for beta to simplify things, but it really does most of what the crazy cocktail of addons I've collected over the years does in a clean package. I have AA on plus imgur compression so the pic is a little blurry.

Also noticed that the PTR is for some reason taking up 60GB of data compared to the ~35-37 for Beta and Live. What's up with that? Might just delete it.

I may try Elvui. Heard so much about it. Hope it's easy to customize. Maybe I'll try it on the PTR.

Apparently destruction warlock's updated spell visuals aren't used while having green fire enabled, and instead use the old visuals. Guess I won't be playing that spec.

Tarazet

Not sure we are playing the same game, there's plenty of things to do.

It seems like no matter how much I play it, I can never get everything accomplished that I'd like to, but I can always make progress. That's why WoW is such an enduring force.

I've been away from WoW for about a year. Re-subbed and I'm looking to prepare for Legion. I've got a 100 Mage at ilvl 648. My professions are maxed. I'm not currently in a guild, so I have been using the LFG/LFR tool. My legendary ring quest is at the stage where you need 300 elemental runes, but I only have 78, so that's probably out. Any suggestions on what to work on?

Otherwise, I have a 95 Priest alt I can work on getting to 100.

cdyhybrid

I've been away from WoW for about a year. Re-subbed and I'm looking to prepare for Legion. I've got a 100 Mage at ilvl 648. My professions are maxed. I'm not currently in a guild, so I have been using the LFG/LFR tool. My legendary ring quest is at the stage where you need 300 elemental runes, but I only have 78, so that's probably out. Any suggestions on what to work on?

You're probably too late to take advantage of the gold raining from the garrison skies, so I'd just gear up as much as possible to make the start of Legion leveling easier. You can farm a full set of ilvl 700 honor gear in Ashran pretty quickly.

I'd also pick up whatever professions you want to roll with in Legion (you can find overviews on WOWHead) and get them up to at least 300. You can start crafting at 1 in Legion but you get profession World Quests starting at level 300.

If you're not keen on finishing your ring, I'd say pick another class that has a couple of specs that look interesting to you in Legion and level that. The Priest shouldn't take long to level to cap.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA

If you can, do PVP to get PVP gear to around 700 and start running mythic dungeons to try to get your BOA trinkets that'll take you to 110.

If you've got some gold, I also recommend buying Hexweave Bags because I'd be the price will go up in Legion on those since they're not adding a tailoring bag for Legion.

Lanrutcon

Just got to 100! What do I do now...

For the near future?

Get a crafting and gathering profession to 700.
The launch event will feed you ilvl 700 gear, so don't stress about gear.
Consider getting some of the overland mounts while they're easier to get.
If you have 30k gold, buy a Moose run.
Level some alts.
Get on the PTR and check out your class's new rotations, decide on a spec in advance because of the new Artifact system.

Everything else is either pointless or needlessly grindy/tedious.

If the pre-patch event is going to dole out ilvl 700 gear, there's literally no point in doing Tanaan for gear between now and Legions launch. Not that there was much of a point beforehand. But even if you grind out Apexis to raise the ilvl of Baleful gear, 20k a piece, it's only raising the gear to 695. With Valor you can get Baleful gear up to 705, but you may as well just grind it out in Ashran instead. Even if you're averse to pvp for whatever reason, it's simply going to be the most expedient and worthwhile way to gear up between now and Legion.

If you can, do PVP to get PVP gear to around 700 and start running mythic dungeons to try to get your BOA trinkets that'll take you to 110.

If you've got some gold, I also recommend buying Hexweave Bags because I'd be the price will go up in Legion on those since they're not adding a tailoring bag for Legion.

Thanks for the advice all! Good call on the Hexweave. I've barely played PvP before, but I tried Ashran today. It was MASS CHAOS lol. I have no idea what's going on, but it was fun and I got enough points to buy a glove upgrade. That put me over ilvl 650, so I can also start in on LFR Hellfire Citadel.

thefil

Randomly decided to resub for a month. Haven't played since Blackrock Foundry was out in Normal/Heroic but not in Raid Finder. What's there to do at cap outside of LFR my way through the rest of the content?

Fularu

Banned
My TMog are boring :

- T6 for my female orc warrior with (depending on my mood) KJ's sword or DW's
- T2 for my male tauren paladin
- T2 for my female troll rogue

I need to farm T2 for my female blood elf mage and I have absolutely no idea what a good looking hunter set would be for goblins.

Invert

Neo Member
Randomly decided to resub for a month. Haven't played since Blackrock Foundry was out in Normal/Heroic but not in Raid Finder. What's there to do at cap outside of LFR my way through the rest of the content?

If your looking to get geared quickly I'd say just do PvP. Season 3 blue gear is ilvl 700, and since it's BG weekend you can get geared up to where it's not to hard to find a group for Mythic dungeons or Normal HFC.

Top Bottom