• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT7| Feel the hatred of 10,000 Murlocs

Wubby

I think I'm going to have to bite the bullet and server transfer. There is no one I know left on this server (US Tortheldrin). Even after the merge it seems pretty dead. I've been wanting to move to a PvE server for a long time so looking at maybe going to Hyjal.

ampere

I think I'm going to have to bite the bullet and server transfer. There is no one I know left on this server (US Tortheldrin). Even after the merge it seems pretty dead. I've been wanting to move to a PvE server for a long time so looking at maybe going to Hyjal.

A lot of realms are really dead right now, it might make sense to wait until Legion comes out.

There's an advantage to being on a lower pop realm while leveling with a new expac anyway, even though they have made some multi-tap improvements to help with mob sharing.

Rambaldi

My guild and I moved to Hyjal at the end of Mists and I'm glad. It's pretty slow right now because of draught but I enjoy it.

Hyjal is pretty much the largest PST PVE Horde server right? Well. "largest" would be a better way of putting it and pretty much the only option of a Horde heavy PST server.

Khezu

So anyone that played the Beta, how are Demon Hunters?

DK is my favorite class, and I enjoyed Monk a lot, so I have high hopes for newer classes.

WoWGAF Discord Link. Quote to see. Need moar people.

DK is my favorite class, and I enjoyed Monk a lot, so I have high hopes for newer classes.

Liking it a lot so far as a DK main most likely switching. Only level 101 though so far.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman

People who are saying its simple don't seem to realize just about every other class is simplified a little bit as well now too.

It isn't a super complicated DPS or Tank spec, but the movement abilities on DPS and utility on Tank are so fucking fun its ridiculous.

To be honest though the time zone of a server is a relic of the past. Just pick a high pop one in the top 10 most progressed and there'll be enough guilds that raid at various times to suit most anybody's needs.

ZenaxPure

Personally find demon hunter (dps) fairly boring. That's not to say it's poorly made or anything, they had a clear vision of how they want the spec to play and I think they achieve that perfectly, it's just not really my style. I think people will like it though.

That said it's a shame because the mobility gameplay is fucking incredible. Being able to air dash and more or less triple jump is a lot of fun and has practical uses. I think the first moment that really blew me away was running Kara and for the opera event instead of just taking that long path backstage I simply double jumped then air dashed onto the stage from the audience area. It just felt really cool to completely bypass that boring walk. I'm someone who really enjoys games that have a lot of fun traversal mechanics (like say inFamous) and demon hunter really taps into that kind of gameplay.

Everyone being able to double jump in Wildstar felt so damned freeing. It helped that the environments had a lot of verticality designed into them, it just made exploring the PVE so much more fun trying to double jump and climb your way up everything. I can believe that traversal alone makes Demon Hunter super fun to play.

JSoup

Banned
Everyone being able to double jump in Wildstar felt so damned freeing. It helped that the environments had a lot of verticality designed into them, it just made exploring the PVE so much more fun trying to double jump and climb your way up everything. I can believe that traversal alone makes Demon Hunter super fun to play.

Not double jump, but just a significantly higher jump that WoW in GW2 made it very fun. The game encouraged the player to find unique ways to find their way around than taking half an hour to jaunt across another damn hill.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
what armor is the paladin wearing?

PVP armor bought in Stormshield. I don't think they're all part of the same set since I had to look through different vendors to find a chest and leg that somehow fit.

I think the Horde version is red though.

Shahadan

Apparently some people have killed heroic archimonde more than a thousand times....what the fuck.

I did it once and that was enough.

Edit: oh the guy sells runs apparenlty so I understand I guess...but still....

Tenebrous

Apparently some people have killed heroic archimonde more than a thousand times....what the fuck.

We sold some boosts for the first time yesterday, with each guild member making 10k per kill... A thousand kills at 10k a pop (more when the mount was pricier)? Pretty damn impressive.

Shahadan

We sold some boosts for the first time yesterday, with each guild member making 10k per kill... A thousand kills at 10k a pop (more when the mount was pricier)? Pretty damn impressive.

He said he's at 1300+ kills and something like 50 million gold, lol.

I only have like 500k. ._.

Nista

My guild trio is down to 2 CMs left for gold. Too bad it's the ones I find most annoying as a shaman, Everbloom and UBRS. I really wish we had kept our stun talent from Alpha Legion, instead of having to rely on the totem.

Robin64

All four starting Broken Isles zones are excellent. No idea about Suramar yet, but impressed with the continent on the whole.

ampere

Rösti;209060668 said:
I reserved the OT for Legion in the |OT| |OT| Volunteer, coordinate, (index), create thread. I didn't see any earlier claims (in that thread anyway), but let me know if anyone wanna collaborate on something.

I forgot that thread existed, but nope I haven't seen anyone claim it so you should be good.

You might want to coordinate with a mod to have this thread locked when you make the Legion thread , and make that thread OT8 even though you'd likely put it in Gaming to start, since we are getting close to 20k in post count anyway.

Milennia

Yeah he was one of those in our group, ataxus plays more than anyone else that plays this game, no question.

Even leads the leaderboard for achievements every expansion.

I've done 500 runs at 35k per strict before the price plummeted many months ago to about 20-30

I wouldn't sell at 10 though that's really bad, even for today's standards

The1Ski

I've been reading the 8 Years in Azeroth blog and I need to give this a try.

First question, is there a common Gaf realm? I'm going in super casual. Just looking for some friendly tips and all that.

TheYanger

I've been reading the 8 Years in Azeroth blog and I need to give this a try.

First question, is there a common Gaf realm? I'm going in super casual. Just looking for some friendly tips and all that.

There is not, game has been out too long and gaf guilds tend to be VERY casual in most games so we're kind of spread to the wind. The discord that falcon has linked on this page and the last has a few of us, and you can cross-realm group and chat most things so it's not a big deal generally besides being in a guild.

The1Ski

There is not, game has been out too long and gaf guilds tend to be VERY casual in most games so we're kind of spread to the wind. The discord that falcon has linked on this page and the last has a few of us, and you can cross-realm group and chat most things so it's not a big deal generally besides being in a guild.

Right on, thanks. Yeah kinda noticed that about the realms after looking at the Gaf roster.

Do you recommend going with a high or low pop realm?

Edit: Just noticed we're friends on battle.net. Have we played HotS or something?

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
More likely to see "Server is Full" than "Authenticating". Still expecting Legion launch to be pretty smooth on a server tech side.

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
Out of curiosity will the OT be up for the prepatch or the actual launch date? It'd be cool if it came out early, especially right around demon hunters are unlocked at least.

Any good OT titles yet?
I aim to have the OT up close to the release of the game on August 30.

|OT| Yes you can run this game on a Voodoo 5. Fill the OT with Rosti screenshots.

Heh.

Though they've pruned interface options, there's more system options now for graphical settings. Like, 10 different AA settings or something.

So dumb that I had to console command to turn off scrolling battle text numbers with ElvUI installed. There's a setting in interface, but it just turns on or off an additional set of text. For real.

You probably need MiksScrollingBattleText or something as a separate solution to get something usable.

I have more UI stuff to talk about but on my phone out at the moment.

Khezu

Lonely water is nice, but I wish they just turned the WE back into a DPS cooldown.

The WE as a pet is so boring, it basically only exists to give me a ranged frost nova.

Fjordson

Anyone else's server seeing huge price jumps on spectral tigers? Was going to lend my cousin some gold to help him get one, but I've only seen two on the AH the last few weeks and they're both a million gold. I got mine for like 450k last year and I saw plenty others up on the AH for around half a mill.

Also, I always say this when leveling an alt, but man do I love the Cataclysm zones. Especially Uldum and Vashj'ir. Lots of fun quests and with great looking art.

Top Bottom