• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT7| Feel the hatred of 10,000 Murlocs

Tenebrous

So, to people with the Voidtalon AND the TLPD/Aeonaxx/Camel.

How does the grind compare to the flagship rare mounts of previous expansions? Is the Voidtalon a realistic goal, or is it just pointless to even try for it actively?

Anyone else's server seeing huge price jumps on spectral tigers? Was going to lend my cousin some gold to help him get one, but I've only seen two on the AH the last few weeks and they're both a million gold. I got mine for like 450k last year and I saw plenty others up on the AH for around half a mill.

Also, I always say this when leveling an alt, but man do I love the Cataclysm zones. Especially Uldum and Vashj'ir. Lots of fun quests and with great looking art.

That price is probably an "I don't really wanna sell this, but if people wanna pay WAY over the odds, then I'll gladly take the gold into Legion."

Anything is for sale... For a price!

Milennia

How does the grind compare to the flagship rare mounts of previous expansions? Is the Voidtalon a realistic goal, or is it just pointless to even try for it actively?

That price is probably an "I don't really wanna sell this, but if people wanna pay WAY over the odds, then I'll gladly take the gold into Legion."

Most of the people selling them have multiples and just adapt to the market

They almost never sell unless someone is looking for a flip that will take months, how I got my swift for 300k, guy was just sitting on it for 3 months and said screw it

Anyone else's server seeing huge price jumps on spectral tigers? Was going to lend my cousin some gold to help him get one, but I've only seen two on the AH the last few weeks and they're both a million gold. I got mine for like 450k last year and I saw plenty others up on the AH for around half a mill.

The dupes have been flushed out of the system/consumed at this point. Unless there's another wave, doesn't look like TCG mounts will be getting any cheaper. If anything, more expensive with the new gold cap in Legion. Still kicking myself for not biting on the cheaper Feldrakes ~6-8 months ago. I hardly see nearly as many TCG mounts in general compared to last year on the AH as of late though. Dunno if people are holding them for pre-patch/Legion or just out of stock. Though Mal'Ganis has kinda shrunk a bit compared to mega-realms like Stormrage, Illidan, and Sargeras. Still probably the second biggest horde PvP realm though, as Area 52 and Zul'jin are PvE.

And even with garrison gold going away, Legion looks to be no slouch in terms of raining money from the sky. Not nearly as passively, so not quite as scalable, but the vendor shit just from treasures and the like is pretty insane right now on beta, assuming it doesn't get tuned down. Professions will definitely be back in the swing as well compared to WoD.

So...I have Void Talon and TLPD. Aeonaxx I've never really tried for and Camel I've gotten probably at least half a dozen figurines over the years but haven't been lucky enough. And Poseidus is just WELP. CRZ definitely makes getting any of these rare mounts significantly harder. To be honest, Void Talon and TLPD were about getting lucky and being right place, right time. TLPD more so than Void Talon. At least right now Void Talon is more predictable with there always being a portal up somewhere soon after a restart. The problem is dealing other people realm hopping looking for it as well. Personally I'd suggest going to one of the less clustered locations (not Shadowmoon or Frostfire as those will be the most heavily patrolled). I found my portal in Nagrand after flying around SMV and through Talador, realm hopping along the way. It's definitely an easier task now than it will be with full CRZ, despite realm-hopping being a thing. Though if you're on a low-enough pop realm already, competition is probably not too high in the first place.

I was watching an Asmongold video on the things to do before Legion comes out and one of his points was farm a Voidtalon because Draenor is going to become CRZ once Legion is out (it isn't already?) so that will make farming it harder.

Thank god for the noodle cart exploit last xpac, got my TLPD and Aeonaxx that way :3

Missed out on that, RIP. Aoenaxx would be nice, but mostly a +1 as I have the Stonecore one + Glory of the Cataclysm Hero anyway.

Also missed out on the Tol'vir archaeology exploit as that was during 5.2/5.3 I believe, but fixed by 5.4. Got my bug mount now though, so I don't have to deal with that shit again anyway.

Speaking of, leveling Arch on new DH is gonna suck, but I don't know if the Broken Isles rewards will even be any good. Also gotta get fishing maxed on the DH, but at least I can do Pagle books to 600, even if I don't want to grind coins for the Draenor books to 700. Also need to acquire another Jaina's Locket for her (either from my second Shadowmourne here in a few weeks or off the AH) + consider what else might be worth grinding again (Argent Tournament for the vendor/mail/bank pet?) Wouldn't bother if I was going to be an engineer, but probably not -- leaning towards LW/Skinning.

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
Legion quite drastically increases the maximum draw distance. But it also allows the end user to set the draw distance to very low values. These variables appear to control draw distance mainly, though there is also a variable called GraphicsViewDistance:

farclip
horizonStart

Setting these to 1 (values below 1 returned error messages) results in this:

dd_1gpuyx.png

At a value of 100 for both values, it looks like this:

dd_2whu5v.png

This seem to only work by writing these values in Config.wtf. Directly changing the values via the in-game console does not seem to work (at least with such low values).

Can perhaps be useful if anyone wishes to optimize.

LowParry

It seems with the limited time I have, I'm better off probably going healer. So, which is the more fun healer? Monk or Druid (Used to play Holy/Disc)?

Tenebrous

I was watching an Asmongold video on the things to do before Legion comes out and one of his points was farm a Voidtalon because Draenor is going to become CRZ once Legion is out (it isn't already?) so that will make farming it harder.

Ahh shite... Hopefully no-one on my server watches him, haha.

So...I have Void Talon and TLPD. Aeonaxx I've never really tried for and Camel I've gotten probably at least half a dozen figurines over the years but haven't been lucky enough. And Poseidus is just WELP. CRZ definitely makes getting any of these rare mounts significantly harder. To be honest, Void Talon and TLPD were about getting lucky and being right place, right time. TLPD more so than Void Talon. At least right now Void Talon is more predictable with there always being a portal up somewhere soon after a restart. The problem is dealing other people realm hopping looking for it as well. Personally I'd suggest going to one of the less clustered locations (not Shadowmoon or Frostfire as those will be the most heavily patrolled). I found my portal in Nagrand after flying around SMV and through Talador, realm hopping along the way. It's definitely an easier task now than it will be with full CRZ, despite realm-hopping being a thing. Though if you're on a low-enough pop realm already, competition is probably not too high in the first place.

Thanks for your feedback. Sounds about what I expected, honestly...

*Sigh* Just finding these last 5 mounts for 300 is doing my head in. All I have left is MoP/WoD world bosses, MoP raid drops, Huolon, Void/Aeonaxx/TLPD/Camel, rated PvP, mythic archi, the Big Love Rocket, Garrisons, some TCG mounts, and... Yup, that's pretty much it.

Oh, and 10 store/RAF mounts. I'm constantly going back & forth on whether or not I should just buy them from the fucking store, just to get it over with.

ampere

Thank god for the noodle cart exploit last xpac, got my TLPD and Aeonaxx that way :3

lol, lucky bastard

(it isn't already?)

You can realm hop and cross realm group, but each realm has it's own Draenor instance. In Legion (or shortly thereafter) they'll start merging them into CRZ instances so instead of there being say... 100 Draenor instances there will be 15. Not accurate numbers, but that's the idea.

It seems with the limited time I have, I'm better off probably going healer. So, which is the more fun healer? Monk or Druid (Used to play Holy/Disc)?

Monk healing is changing quite a bit in Legion, and I think it's still pretty fun. Disc and Holy are also changing a lot, with Disc being pretty polarizing. Druid and Shaman feel like they aren't changing too much and I didn't try Paladin.

Basically it's really hard to answer your question with how much the specs are changing. Picking a hybrid class is always a good idea if you are time limited so you can try multiple roles with mostly the same gear.

LowParry

Monk healing is changing quite a bit in Legion, and I think it's still pretty fun. Disc and Holy are also changing a lot, with Disc being pretty polarizing. Druid and Shaman feel like they aren't changing too much and I didn't try Paladin.

Basically it's really hard to answer your question with how much the specs are changing. Picking a hybrid class is always a good idea if you are time limited so you can try multiple roles with mostly the same gear.

Disc P kinda killed the whole aspect of healing at the time with shield spamming. I may roll Monk because of the mobility they have which will make for good speed runs with dungeons. Raiding I'm not sure what I can do with. Since my evenings are work and my days off are Mon/Tues (horrible days, I know). A late night guild would probably fit but I'll just have to wait until I see any guilds advertise in the first few weeks of Legion.

I definitely want to continue my rogue. Assassination sounds really good. But we'll see.

It's weird but Holy Paladin's passive aura healing in Legion sounds a lot like how Discipline's Atonement used to function, just tied to proximity. I don't know if it's just Lightbringer by itself or Lightbringer in conjunction with other abilities and talents but it kind of sounds like the old Atonement system that just passively heals.

You can realm hop and cross realm group, but each realm has it's own Draenor instance. In Legion (or shortly thereafter) they'll start merging them into CRZ instances so instead of there being say... 100 Draenor instances there will be 15. Not accurate numbers, but that's the idea.

Ha ha, holy crap, if it's impossible now, good luck once Legion is out.

The void talon was the easiest because of server hoping. I stayed in one place. TLPD took me a month. Aonaxx was a week. Void talon was two hours. I camped in frost fire near where three portals spawned. It was cake.

Missed out on that, RIP. Aoenaxx would be nice, but mostly a +1 as I have the Stonecore one + Glory of the Cataclysm Hero anyway.

Also missed out on the Tol'vir archaeology exploit as that was during 5.2/5.3 I believe, but fixed by 5.4. Got my bug mount now though, so I don't have to deal with that shit again anyway.

Speaking of, leveling Arch on new DH is gonna suck, but I don't know if the Broken Isles rewards will even be any good. Also gotta get fishing maxed on the DH, but at least I can do Pagle books to 600, even if I don't want to grind coins for the Draenor books to 700. Also need to acquire another Jaina's Locket for her (either from my second Shadowmourne here in a few weeks or off the AH) + consider what else might be worth grinding again (Argent Tournament for the vendor/mail/bank pet?) Wouldn't bother if I was going to be an engineer, but probably not -- leaning towards LW/Skinning.
What was the exploit?

I am glad that Shadow Priest looks like it's going to be a ridiculously fun dps spec, because I don't like what I'm reading and seeing regarding Discipline. I still want to give it a shot since it's the new fan-dangled healing spec for Priest but I definitely think Shadow is going to be my main spec for Priest, with maybe Holy being my off-Healing spec depending on how things go with Disc.

Resto Shaman and Resto Druid are sounding like they're the strongest/most versatile healing specs/classes. At xpac start anyways. Definitely want to level up a Shaman next from the sound of it. It's a class I enjoy playing immensely anyways.

Khezu

Ya Shaman does look really fun from the PTR.
Going to play it for Enhancement, but will try Restro just to do some healing for a change.

I just don't know what race to be.
I still have one of my first ever characters a troll shaman sitting at like 70.
But I kinda want to have an alliance character, so boosting a space goat shaman seems like a better idea.

Tarazet

I thought the trope about PvP being the way to gear up was a bunch of hooey. Hopped on a Frost Mage with essentially fresh 100 gear, built my talents/glyphs to be as annoying as possible. An hour later she's got a better weapon than my main who has been doing LFR kills for months. Doesn't seem right!

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
Well here I am like every other xpac for the last 8 years..any talk of a mini gaf guild server?

Lanrutcon

Do we have any EU presence for Legion? I've got 100s on Draenor and The Sha'tar, and will transfer if we got a guild somewhere.

Kuntz

Do we have any EU presence for Legion? I've got 100s on Draenor and The Sha'tar, and will transfer if we got a guild somewhere.

We're even more spread out than US because of different language servers and all.
Just add the eu battletags for instant gaf action

Stream done for the moment. Heading to bed. In Aszuna now though. I'll probably be playing later today/tonight some as I don't raid since it's the 4th, though I've got some other things to do both at home and out and about.

Quick question:

Recently subbed after a couple of years and am playing my first alliance character. I picked a RP server and all of Goldshire is horrible smut and people with fetishes looking to get off. Is this something I'm going to experience the whole time on the RP server or is Goldshire just a haven for that stuff?

Doesn't bother me since I can just leave the chats but just curious as to what I'm in for for the long haul.

Server is Moon Guard.

Tarazet

Quick question:

Recently subbed after a couple of years and am playing my first alliance character. I picked a RP server and all of Goldshire is horrible smut and people with fetishes looking to get off. Is this something I'm going to experience the whole time on the RP server or is Goldshire just a haven for that stuff?

Doesn't bother me since I can just leave the chats but just curious as to what I'm in for for the long haul.

Server is Moon Guard.

Goldshire is notorious for that kind of thing especially on Moon Guard. It's legendary. But it won't be everywhere.

Lanrutcon

Quick question:

Server is Moon Guard.

Pretty much just Goldshire. It's a tradition, basically. Only other red light district is Ashran, where the Alliance get fucked constantly :p

Tenebrous

Got some pots left over from a while back. Should i keep the ore as it is or smelt it into bars do you think?

Keep the ore, and smelt it later if it looks to be the smart thing to do financially.

I'm up around 350-400k from farming Heart of Fear since Thursday & using the mats to craft mounts (all JC panthers & both engineering mounts - No Golem).

Godan

Keep the ore, and smelt it later if it looks to be the smart thing to do financially.

I'm up around 350-400k from farming Heart of Fear since Thursday & using the mats to craft mounts (all JC panthers & both engineering mounts - No Golem).

Cool think i will change to Jewlcrafting then so i can craft they panthers for some cash.

Tacitus_

What's your strat?

Tenebrous

Cool think i will change to Jewlcrafting then so i can craft they panthers for some cash.

Just do it on an alt. I've a Gnomish engineer for the world spinner, and a Goblin engineer for the Rocket.

What's your strat?

Farm Heart of Fear trash on the hour with a potion of luck ten times in 15-20 minutes. Make lots of bars, then mounts (use spare ore to get gems). Check AH for cheap Spirits (I had about 180 cheap on my AH), Golden Lotus (used for transmuting gems to rare), and ore.

ALWAYS USE A TRANSMUTION MASTER!

But yeah, 8-14k profit per rare mount (sold 13 or so), 30k profit per Onyx (sold 3), 15k per engineering mount (sold 3). Add to that the vendor loot from 40+ HoF runs, 100+ lockboxes... All adds up.

Also did enchants on top of that with the 20g temporal crystals I bought from the gbank. Made a lot on those.

My plan now isn't to sell anymore mounts, but instead try and hit 1000 Living Steel for the inevitable price rise come Legion.

Godan

Just do it on an alt. I've a Gnomish engineer for the world spinner, and a Goblin engineer for the Rocket.

Farm Heart of Fear trash on the hour with a potion of luck ten times in 15-20 minutes. Make lots of bars, then mounts (use spare ore to get gems). Check AH for cheap Spirits (I had about 180 cheap on my AH), Golden Lotus (used for transmuting gems to rare), and ore.

But yeah, 8-14k profit per rare mount (sold 13 or so), 30k profit per Onyx (sold 3), 15k per engineering mount (sold 3). Add to that the vendor loot from 40+ HoF runs, 100+ lockboxes... All adds up.

Also did enchants on top of that with the 20g temporal crystals I bought from the gbank. Made a lot on those.

My plan now isn't to sell anymore mounts, but instead try and hit 1000 Living Steel for the inevitable price rise come Legion.

Thanks only really got 2 level 100 anyway so just got jewlcrafting there to 700 and rid of smelting. Was going to do this at some point anyway before Legion comes.

Tacitus_

Thanks. Clear to the first boss and reset?

Top Bottom