• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT7| Feel the hatred of 10,000 Murlocs

ampere

I would definitely prefer zone scaling.

My only concern is people tend to get weird/angry at zone scaling in RPG's.
And it might be weird for world PVP.

Though it could work as an optional phased/instance type thing that that you have to turn on.

It would be weird for PvP, they'd have to address that somehow. I guess if it scaled everyone fighting each other on equal footing that might work. Higher level players would still have a gear advantage and all skills unlocked, but doing 1000000x a lower level player's health in one hit isn't really a necessary part of the game

If I could choose any expansion pack as a starting point, Cata would have to be omitted for obvious reasons, and I could choose to start a level 1 toon in The Burning Crusade, Wrath of the Lich King or Mists of Pandaria because of level scaling, that would be simply amazing. Roll a panda from The Wandering Isle right into Pandaria. Roll a DK right into WotLK. Roll a Belf whatever right into TBC,

Fjordson

Really moving along now on my Mage. Was 85 at the start of the weekend, but with Friday and today off from work I was able to hit 90 just now. He's great. I may start with him in Legion. It's also been cool leveling horde for the first time. Furthest I'd ever got in the past was like mid-40's I think.

Cata has great leveling zones though...
Totally agree. Went through a few of them over the weekend (mainly Vashj'ir and Uldum) and they're a lot of fun. Hyjal is good also.

iirate

Hyjal > Vashjir > Twilight Highlands >>>> Deepholm > Uldumb

Vashj'ir > Deepholm > Twilight Highlands > Hyjal > Uldum IMO.

I love Vashj'ir, and usually do the majority of my 80-85 leveling there. I don't repeat the next two as often, but I still enjoy the zones. Hyjal drags for me, and I've disliked Uldum since launch.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
They're super spread out and a level 1-59 might have difficulty navigating the world to get to them.
If there was level scaling it would not really matter as to whether they were spread or not, but every Cata zone has lead in quests from a capital city that often teleport or ferry you to the zone except Uldum.

Shrennin

Didn't get the memo regarding the 14th Amendment
First of all, I wanted to apologize that it took me so long to respond to these but never late than never, I suppose:

Well the expansion comes out 8/30, so it's up to you if you want to jump in now to get a feel for things just as they're all about to change. The new patch comes out next month though (at least that's the rumor), so that might be a better time I think. Unless you can't wait because the ITCH is too strong. I might be down to play an ally character too though, if you want company.

I just started my character today! I decided to play yesterday because I just wanted to get into it as soon as possible. I started a human mage on Stormrage, so if you would like to join up, I would be down with that!

I've been happy with Whisperwind alliance. Been on it since launch. Not a huge server, but not dead. Always felt like the right size. It also merged with Dentarg which means both realms count as one server, including same AH, toons etc. Basically I can have twice as many toons on the same shared server.

I looked at Whisperwind, and the fact that you can have twice as many toons is awesoke, but I heard so many good things about Stormrage on Alliance side that I wanted to give it a try.

in like 2 to 3 weeks the pre patch will hit and most classes will change, i would suggest waiting for legion or that patch to get a feel for things really.

my server sargeras is pretty solid as an east coast ally server, same for stormrage, both overly populated etc.

Yeah, Sargeras, Whisperwind, and Stormrage were my top three but I went with Stormrage. I wish there was more or less an official GAF server like Guild Wars 2, but I can always transfer my character to a different server if need be.

Thank you all to the responses. I appreciate it and I'm sorry I forgot to respond until just now. =P

Khezu

Uldum looks very pretty and I like being in it, but the actual quests are too gimmicky and it hurts it's replayability.

ZenaxPure

Anything going on with crates after any patch or the expansion? Or should I just open them?

No changes to crates you already have in your bags (but the salvage yard itself is getting nerfed to give worse crates in the patch), but they are worth hanging onto if you want easy items to fill out your transmog tab when the patch hits. Since their loot table is huge it is an easy source of items you most likely don't have the appearance for.

If you don't care about that then just open them whenever.

Shahadan

Uldum was quite fun once but it sucks to repeat. I never do it on alts (to be fair, I only do parts of hyjal, lots of deepholm, and some of twilight now).

As far as I'm concerned all cata zones suck for replayability since you have to do most of the quests in the same order every time.

But Uldum still has harrison jones, goblin hitler and a turkey, and it looks amazing.
Tbh I'm surprised people like Twilight Highlands, I thought it was the most boring, annoying, ugly shit since Silithus, and it's even worse considering it's a "final" zone.

Zelias

Banned
Uldum is probably the zone I was looking forward to the most in Cata, as I have a massive thing for mythology and Egyptian is one of my favourites. I was supremely disappointed that half the zone was a lazy replay of Indiana Jones while the Tol'vir storyline (which was interesting) could have done with more expansion.

Cata goes Deepholm > Vashj'ir > Hyjal > Twilight Highlands > Uldum.

Gummy

Neo Member
I would like them to heavily rebalance 1-60 leveling so it's actually worthwhile again and takes time and effort.
Maybe 1-30 is kinda easy to hook people in, but make 30-60 more intense.

And to balance that out, add in a bunch of "epic" questlines that let you bypass all the old expansion areas if you want.

Outlands, Wrath, and WoD all kinda suck.
Cata zones are alright if you ignore water area.

I enjoy leveling in mists, but I don't know if anyone else does.

Fuck it, let's have a Aszhara/Old gods expansion focusing on all of Azeroth, remake the 1-60 questing AGAIN with epic questing/difficulty now found in Legion. Add the scaling technology so you can level in any zone how you choose, along with adding new world quests to all continents(Northrend, Pandaria, EK, Kalimdor), new world bosses, raids, and all other features that a new expansion might hold.

Jesus.

ampere

Anything going on with crates after any patch or the expansion? Or should I just open them?

Salvage Yard crates? Crates obtained before 7.0 will not change, and crates obtained after 7.0 are a different item ID and are basically worthless to prevent people from feeling the need to keep using their Garrison

So no risk in waiting until 7.0 to open them to make it easier for your bank space.

Jag

Man I just can't get over what they did to aspect of the cheetah.

That shit is fucked up.

It really is incredible. A staple minor run speed boost we've always had to a shitty burst with a THREE MINUTE COOLDOWN. What the hell.

My guess is they are taking mobility boosters away from ranged classes and moving them to melee which makes sense. I'm guessing this is a pvp change which sucks for people don't pvp.

Robin64

I wonder what this is.

It appeared on the Kalimdor map during patch 4.0 and has been there ever since. Clearly it's a placeholder size test thingy, but it doesn't seem to match any zone that has come out since 4.0, not that I can tell.

TySE1Ga.png

strafer

I wonder what this is.

It appeared on the Kalimdor map during patch 4.0 and has been there ever since. Clearly it's a placeholder size test thingy, but it doesn't seem to match any zone that has come out since 4.0, not that I can tell.

TySE1Ga.png

GM island?

Robin64

Actually I bet it was the Lost Isles, and it was going to be part of the Kalimdor landmass before they decided to make it a seperate map. The basic shape and size is similar.

GM Island actually was on the Kalimdor map, right up in the north west, until players figured out they could float to it from a high point in Teldrassil.

agrJdIY.png

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I did my first solo dragon soul run probably ever last night and got Experiment 12-B.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I'm kind of amazed at how Deathwing, who is the biggest most badass and lore-important Dragon in the Warcraft universe manages to have the raid with the shittiest dragon mount drops. There should be a drake that has deathwing-style plating or an actual twilight dragon that looks like Ultraxion. Not just vanilla drake recolors and those alexstraza wannabees.

Entropia

No One Remembers
I'm kind of amazed at how Deathwing, who is the biggest most badass and lore-important Dragon in the Warcraft universe manages to have the raid with the shittiest dragon mount drops. There should be a drake that has deathwing-style plating or an actual twilight dragon that looks like Ultraxion. Not just vanilla drake recolors and those alexstraza wannabees.

Yeah that's a bit underwhelming. :(

Ultraxion should drop a... wait for it... Ultraxion mount.

applying zone scaling from 1-100 for all zones would be the godliest change possible

I think that would work for leveling if you had the option to turn it off. Like if I want to go faceroll something and I'm a level 80, I should have that option.

awww yisss blood infusion and frost infusion done....

now comes the shards... RIP

That's the easiest part!

I did my first solo dragon soul run probably ever last night and got Experiment 12-B.
Eat a dick.

I got 3 of them within the span of a week

Eat ALL the dicks.

Congrats, you bastards. I keep farming Invincible but I don't know why. Over like 150 attempts. If I could turn off the talking sections it would be a lot more bearable. That's one of the reason I haven't done ultraxion.

Fjordson

No changes to crates you already have in your bags (but the salvage yard itself is getting nerfed to give worse crates in the patch), but they are worth hanging onto if you want easy items to fill out your transmog tab when the patch hits. Since their loot table is huge it is an easy source of items you most likely don't have the appearance for.

If you don't care about that then just open them whenever.
Man, I must have horrible luck with the crates. Put the salvage yard in over a year ago and it's always just crappy greens and vendor trash.

Lmao, that's a good point. I don't mind the blazing drake / life-binder's, but more Deathwing-esque mount would be dope.

ZenaxPure

That would have went against the overall theme of Dragonsoul which was all about cobbling together old assets in the most underwhelming way possible.

Experiment 12-B should have been a BWD drop, would have made a lot more sense there.

I actually enjoy the Alexstraza looking mounts myself though.

Man, I must have horrible luck with the crates. Put the salvage yard in over a year ago and it's always just crappy greens and vendor trash.

That's like half the reason people are saving them though. There are literally hundreds of green armor sets with models that can only be obtained via world drops and the salvage crate loot table covers every single expansion. It's a very easy way to get a lot of those appearances.

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
When the F is the pre-patch? Have they not announced a date?

Are the lore events coinciding with 7.0 or are those different
It has been suggested that Blizzard will announced PvP season end date today, which would also tell launch date of pre-expansion patch.

Jag

Rösti;209215300 said:
It has been suggested that Blizzard will announced PvP season end date today, which would also tell launch date of pre-expansion patch.

If its today, then the 19th is almost a certainty which sucks because I'll be out of town and missing out on Tomeass and Mogmass.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Hope they announce something soon because the longer the wait to Legion drags out the less and less interested I've been in it.

Tecnniqe

Banned
I don't fancy the Warlock changes so it looks like ill jump over to DH during the early access to them before the expansion hits whenever they unlock during the pre-patch.

Them glaives!

I hope they do it within a week or so of the pre-patch at least so I can use it during the events that unfold before the expansion is upon us.

Completely agree. But I guess they felt they did the deathwing mounts with the nether drakes.

ampere

Question folks,

I have a US WoW account but play from India

Can I buy from eu battle.net and still be fine?

Not sure what you are asking, you want to make an EU WoW account on your b.net account? You should be able to do that from anywhere in the world as well, but US and EU WoW accounts are totally separate

Top Bottom