• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT7| Feel the hatred of 10,000 Murlocs

Fjordson

Been saving up for the 150k apexis crystals mount in Tanaan, should be my last day of dailies today. Woo!

But I have to say, I've somehow enjoyed Tanaan. Probably sounds weird, but I like having a max level zone with dailies and elite mobs and shit. It's similar to why I enjoyed Timeless Isle.

ampere

Been saving up for the 150k apexis crystals mount in Tanaan, should be my last day of dailies today. Woo!

But I have to say, I've somehow enjoyed Tanaan. Probably sounds weird, but I like having a max level zone with dailies and elite mobs and shit. It's similar to why I enjoyed Timeless Isle.

I liked Tanaan when it was new for about 2 weeks, then flew around a bit when they added flying, but honestly it didn't do much for me.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Let's remember that if they don't announce the end of pvp season today, Laughtrey owes us all a hundred bucks.

We're probably a week early. Announcement next Tuesday, 7.0 on the 26th.

Once I got flying and that mount Tanaan became a pretty tedious grind without much reason or reward beyond farming Felblight. I think if the faction rep vendors had cooler mounts I would still want to do the grind, but there's only a limited number of models with some boring re-tints. None of the loot pinata world bosses are legitimate loot pinatas. There's no cool transmogs or mounts to farm once you get the Corrupted Dreadwhatever.

Tecnniqe

Banned
You know, I was kinda hoping they'd get rid of the Racials in Legion as it still annoys me that Humans seems to have the over-all best "trinket". Especially now that its no longer sharing cooldown with the trinket effect but only works on stun effects.

I know EMFH was used in raiding and pvp alike but honestly in pvp there shouldn't be any "special" ability after which race you are, as it just makes top lists consist of the same race over and over again.

What do you think WoWGAF? Do you think their change to the ability will help anything at all? To me it would be better to not feel forced to use X race for X% benefit or extra uptime, but rather give you the option to select purely on aesthetic and lore (or any other reason) without feeling like you've made the least optimal selection.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I think the human racial change combined with the new PvP spec system will reduce the inherent Alliance bias that WoD PvP had, yeah. However, I don't think a significant amount of the serious PvP folks who faction changed to Alliance due to it being the superior PvP faction in WoD are going to pay to transfer back now that things are just more level. There's not a whole lot of incentive when you can stay put and not be at a disadvantage.

Anoregon

But currently on Legion is does say it has a 30 sec cooldown shared with other similar effects. Or am I missing something?

Plus isn't the first honor talent basically this too, for everyone?

Pretty much, yeah. EMFH will be a much smaller factor in Legion PVP. It wasn't even that big of a factor itself in WoD, but it led to the issue of the perception of advantage causing many of the higher-quality PVP players (or just PvP-focused players in general) to faction change.

Tecnniqe

Banned
But currently on Legion is does say it has a 30 sec cooldown shared with other similar effects. Or am I missing something?

Plus isn't the first honor talent basically this too, for everyone?

First talent is basically the current trinket is it not?
However from what I've gathered the racial does not share cooldown with the PvP trinket and as such you have a extra way out of stuns, which seems to be the main CC in Legion.

Correct me if im wrong, but it just seems stronger if thats the case.

Tecnniqe

Banned
Pretty much, yeah. EMFH will be a much smaller factor in Legion PVP. It wasn't even that big of a factor itself in WoD, but it led to the issue of the perception of advantage causing many of the higher-quality PVP players (or just PvP-focused players in general) to faction change.

Well it kinda is a big thing in WoD as instead of the trinket you could have a additional use/equip effect which could increase your base stat by 1k+ or what the number is, which in turn gives a slight competitive edge when every stat comes to the line.

Personally i'd rather just have them all removed as it makes no sense to me to keep them, especially now with the new talent trees and pvp trees.

ampere

I think they've improved the racial situation, but I really wish they get rid of them. Race choice should be purely aesthetic.

Robin64

I don't care for any racial that gives a tiny 1% increase to one stat. But I do like more "creative" ones, like Goblins with their jump, Pandaren with the bouncy passive, and Humans with the 10% extra rep. More like this please.

Entropia

No One Remembers
I think they've improved the racial situation, but I really wish they get rid of them. Race choice should be purely aesthetic.

I actually like racial bonuses and features.

The problem is because everyone feels compelled to mix/max to the nth degree rather than choosing their race because they feel it fits their classes 'fantasy' or liking their aesthetics.

The entire reason I started out as a Troll Shaman was because I felt Trolls were the Shaman race. But then it was like, well if you're a class that can be a Troll, be a Troll because you need Berserking.

Mr Nash

square pies = communism
I haven't played since Cata and can't decide which crafting to go into on my new character (warrior). It's a toss-up between alchemy and jewel crafting. Suggestions?

I miss having Gobber as a personal, summonable bank and the rocket jump. Warriors are already stupidly mobile, but Goblins even moreso, especially if you're an engineer with a bunch of different tinkers tied to your gear. Glider cloak, parachute cloak, rocket belt, etc. I miss playing Goblins.

erawsd

The more I play beta the more baffled I am by the camera zoom change. This is pushing me away from wanting to play melee, which'll probably push me away from wanting to play the game at all.

Ashodin

I miss having Gobber as a personal, summonable bank and the rocket jump. Warriors are already stupidly mobile, but Goblins even moreso, especially if you're an engineer with a bunch of different tinkers tied to your gear. Glider cloak, parachute cloak, rocket belt, etc. I miss playing Goblins.

This is why I engi all the time. I love the mobility stuff.

Jag

Just bought Legion CE. I think I buy every other CE, although I may drop 20 for the mount and pet from WoD. Not sure.

So, what's on your pre-patch/pre-legion bucket list?

1. Farm Tiny Terrors and possibly the Elekk achiev.
With Howl/Bomb being nerfed, the Tiny Terrors are actually going to take some strategy, so I'm going to try and farm the pets. I don't have any yet.

2. Spend all my Honor. Very unsure how I'm going to spend this. I have close to the 4k max on a bunch of toons. Not sure if I want to buy weaps or gear. Want to stay away from class restricted stuff.

What are you doing with your honor before it turns to worthless gold?

3. Possibly buy a CM. Not sure if I want to spend the 300k or whatever the going rate is.

Pre-Legion.

4. Get professions leveled on my less played alts.

5. Keep farming for mount drops/toys/pets/gold

6. Decide what to boost with my 100. (everything at 100 except a Shammy at 86)

Edwardo

1. Keep doing garrison things and some dailies for gold on my monk.

2. Hit 100 on my warrior. (Currently lvl 15)

Everything below this is if I have time before Legion launches.

3. Hit 100 on my lvl 60+ alts. (Rogue, Sham, DK, Warlock)

4. Experience content I missed while not playing since the launch of Cataclysm.

Just bought Legion CE. I think I buy every other CE, although I may drop 20 for the mount and pet from WoD. Not sure.

Get the heroic Arch 2Her for xmog that I've probably passed on dozens of times cause I never wanted it before... qqqqq

Note to self: never pass on greeding stuff for xmog.

TheYanger

Re racials: I wouldn't mind if they got rid of player power based racials, but I like racials in general. I like differentiation that adds flavor, if there were more cool ones like Bouncy or the like I'd be coolwith it. Even as it stands I like them, I'm no longer cutting edge enough to think a fraction of a percent difference is worth the money to change, but it does kind of suck when you want to play a race that is legitimately bad and don't like the one that is better. The years I spent as an orc were boring. Being a cow was cooler adn being a blood elf is cooler.

Fjordson

The more I play beta the more baffled I am by the camera zoom change. This is pushing me away from wanting to play melee, which'll probably push me away from wanting to play the game at all.
I haven't gotten into the beta so I can't test it myself, but it really seems like a bizarre change. And the blue post explaining why they did it made little sense to me.

Pendas

Banned

Pre:patch

1. 8/8 CM Modes: Done
2. Moose Mount: Done
3. Brawlers Guild: Done

Pre - Legion:

1. Asharan Achieves: Done
2. Warlord of Draenor: Done
3. Nat Coins Fishing: 50/200
4. Archaeology: 12 Pristine Left
5. Darktalon Void Mount:
6. Garrison Achieves: Missing Master and Commander, Mage Lord.
7. Predator Title.
8. Glory of the Draenor Hero: A few left.
9: Level every class from 1-60 and decide who to boost:

Darktalon is the most time consuming.. that's when I plug in the PS4 and wait for the Beep

Is it worth selling off Draenor materials before the pre-patch?

I'm sitting on 500 Felblight and around 100 each of the four Sorcerous thingys and was wondering if it's worth selling them now when people might still want them.

Jag

I'm sitting on 500 Felblight and around 100 each of the four Sorcerous thingys and was wondering if it's worth selling them now when people might still want them.

I'd sell the felblight over the weekend. Usually when prices are highest.

Edit: Also don't forget garrison pet battle marks are being nerfed, i think down from 8 to 2 or so. They will be used in Legion and one of the toys cost 100 marks.

LowParry

That's what I'm doing now. Not really active with raiding atm but just been selling what I can.

Pollux

I have a dilemma:

I can boost my current main a lvl 62 hunter to 100 or I can start a new alt at 100.

Me and some buddies started new mains on the same server to start a guild together so I don't want to relevel a hunter again - but I've never done WoD or MoP with my original main hunter so I want to experience those.

Don't know what do do lol. Thinking of boosting a warrior but the boost to 100 and the profession boost on my hunter would be nice

Tenebrous

You've two months until Legion. Try out as much as you can on the PTR (premade level 100s with all the new abilities) and pick a class you enjoy before spending a boost on it.

Milennia

1. Farm Tiny Terrors and possibly the Elekk achiev.
With Howl/Bomb being nerfed, the Tiny Terrors are actually going to take some strategy, so I'm going to try and farm the pets. I don't have any yet.

2. Spend all my Honor. Very unsure how I'm going to spend this. I have close to the 4k max on a bunch of toons. Not sure if I want to buy weaps or gear. Want to stay away from class restricted stuff.

What are you doing with your honor before it turns to worthless gold?

3. Possibly buy a CM. Not sure if I want to spend the 300k or whatever the going rate is.

Pre-Legion.

4. Get professions leveled on my less played alts.

5. Keep farming for mount drops/toys/pets/gold

6. Decide what to boost with my 100. (everything at 100 except a Shammy at 86)

literally beta and nothing else

i have 8m gold and everything i could possibly need, so i just log on live to do ulduar and farm raid, in total its about 2 hours a week at this point
got all the mounts etc. so there really is just nothing to do for me
did cms like 2 weeks after the expac came out and havent done them since, so i have all the realm bests etc. so i cant do that either

the rest is beta

we schedule all the raid testing they put out, so if its lfr, normal, heroic, mythic testing we always do it as a guild
outside of that its mythic+

Tenebrous

What's ptr

Public Test Realm. It allows you to test out what's coming up in the next content patch. Since the next content patch is the one just before the expansion, it has A LOT of changes in it. Classes you may hate now you may love on the PTR, and the reverse is just as possible.

Speaking of the PTR/beta, how do I get old damage numbers back? These random floaty things are harder for me to keep track of.

Also, how do I get Deep Wounds to show up on the enemy health bars? It's handy for knowing which (if any) targets I've missed with Revenge.

Tamanon

Banned

Well the crafted gear delight is used for will be worthless post-Legion so I would start liquidating it now.

Jag

The hell?

https://mobile.twitter.com/Warcraft

Tomorrow, we're banding together to fight back the demonic presence of the Burning Legion; stay tuned.

CmpVUGrVUAARfJR.jpg

Top Bottom