• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT7| Feel the hatred of 10,000 Murlocs

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Ugh. I have the craving to play and resub but there's no real point to do so until legion but my brain does not listen!

Well there's at least new stuff to do when 7.0 drops on the 26th. So it's not a total waste.

Tecnniqe

Banned
Rösti;209384389 said:
From Dalaran above Karazhan on the PTR:

Archmage Modera has HD human female base I believe, Jaina is a custom model. Blizzard should definitely consider updating Jaina's model, she doesn't even have eyes.

There was a similar issue with Anduin in Mists of Pandaria. There his character had no eyeballs and he didn't blink (Jaina blinks though). Anduin's model in Legion I believe features eyeballs.
Now that, that is a horrible model.

darksunpr

So I got the MMO itch again and decided to start WOW this week. I got an Orc warlock lvl 19 and Im wondering whats better to level? Grind dungeons or keep questing or a combination of both? Also any other tips for starting out? Im making money out of mining but still havent decided on another profession.

Tecnniqe

Banned
So I got the MMO itch again and decided to start WOW this week. I got an Orc warlock lvl 19 and Im wondering whats better to level? Grind dungeons or keep questing or a combination of both? Also any other tips for starting out? Im making money out of mining but still havent decided on another profession.

Solo DPS queue for dungeons for the dungeon quests and variation + dungeon completion experience and while waiting for queue quest.

Solo DPS queue can be long at times so at least this way you got some exp at all times.

Tarazet

Just keep questing, it gives you a steady stream of gold which helps starting out. I prefer the Barrens path as it is cleaner, travel wise, going through the Classic content. The roughest patch is from 50-60. The professions are really just gold sinks if you are leveling up, you get everything you need from quest or dungeon rewards. Once you hit 58, you'll have access to Outland and the first expansion, Burning Crusade content. Here you might prefer doing dungeons to supplement questing since the content is pretty dated. The 1-60 zones were all updated more recently. Then at 68, you can start in Northrend on Wrath of the Lich King content, at 80 you can do Cataclysm zones i.e. Vashj'ir and Hyjal, at 85 Pandaria, and at 90 you can begin on the current expansion Draenor content.

Tenebrous

Level 105, Darkmoon Thicket group.

Second place, 80k DPS, DK, 25% of the damage.
First place, 115k DPS, Prot Warrior, 40% of the damage.

Booyah. The buffs! <3

Interfectum

Solo DPS queue for dungeons for the dungeon quests and variation + dungeon completion experience and while waiting for queue quest.

Solo DPS queue can be long at times so at least this way you got some exp at all times.

On Sargeras my solo DPS queue has been 3 minutes tops. I've gone from level 15 to 50 in two days doing nothing but solo queue dungeons with a mage. I don't even have time to get to a quest hub before it pops.

I'm guessing tank and healer have instant queues.

It's been so quick I'm going to take a Shaman and Warrior to 60 as well to see which class I should boost.

Milennia

Level 105, Darkmoon Thicket group.

Second place, 80k DPS, DK, 25% of the damage.
First place, 115k DPS, Prot Warrior, 40% of the damage.

Booyah. The buffs! <3

they are nowhere near that at max or scaled level in comparison to death knight

dk is the best dps in the game on beta at max, its not really close

even the most unbalanced specs beat out tanks at max/scaled so it isnt really an issue, especially when those dps specs finally get the tuning they need

phierce

they are nowhere near that at max or scaled level in comparison to death knight

dk is the best dps in the game on beta at max, its not really close

even the most unbalanced specs beat out tanks at max/scaled so it isnt really an issue, especially when those dps specs finally get the tuning they need
Where's shadow dps in beta raids?

Tarazet

On Sargeras my solo DPS queue has been 3 minutes tops. I've gone from level 15 to 50 in two days doing nothing but solo queue dungeons with a mage. I don't even have time to get to a quest hub before it pops.

I'm guessing tank and healer have instant queues.

It's been so quick I'm going to take a Shaman and Warrior to 60 as well to see which class I should boost.

DPS queues are fast at lower levels because the content is so trivial to tank/heal. When you get into expansion content that changes entirely.

That said, I was playing a Disc Priest the other day and a group managed to run me OOM in Scholomance on-level by pulling the first big room in its entirety.

psylah

I wandered into Tanaan jungle on my rogue at level 94, if I go back at 100, without doing the tier 3 garrison stuff and iron docks quest, will there still be quests out there for me to do? I'd rather not spend the gold to upgrade my garrison this close to the new expansion.

Milennia

Where's shadow dps in beta raids?

moderate, they do very well on some fights and moderate on others, meaning they are fine outside of aoe of course

short lived aoe, anything that can survive a full duration of dots its really strong against
as well as any encounter that requires on demand burst and target swaps

one of the better ranged

phierce

I wandered into Tanaan jungle on my rogue at level 94, if I go back at 100, without doing the tier 3 garrison stuff and iron docks quest, will there still be quests out there for me to do? I'd rather not spend the gold to upgrade my garrison this close to the new expansion.
Nope. Volmar won't be set up unless you complete the intro quests for shipyard/Tanaan.

Freeman76

It's doable in <24 hours if you have some spare gold.

Explore & Loremaster in <10 hours is easy. Securing Draenor is a few hours doing missives. Master Treasure Hunter is an hour or two with an addon. Tanaan Diplomat is just buying up Medallions.
Yep I just bought Medallions & got exalted with all the factions for no effort. Easy game.

I clearly have been schooled, i apologise! Where do you buy those medallions?

phierce

moderate, they do very well on some fights and moderate on others, meaning they are fine outside of aoe of course

short lived aoe, anything that can survive a full duration of dots its really strong against
as well as any encounter that requires on demand burst and target swaps

one of the better ranged
I'll take it. Thanks for the quick reply.

Interfectum

DPS queues are fast at lower levels because the content is so trivial to tank/heal. When you get into expansion content that changes entirely.

That said, I was playing a Disc Priest the other day and a group managed to run me OOM in Scholomance on-level by pulling the first big room in its entirety.

That happened to me yesterday. Our healer ran out of mana cause the tank pulled everything. Was there a frost mage in your group? lol

ampere

From the Legion Q&A today:

People will unlock all of their Artifact variants and then in the next expansion there will be some way to bring along those appearances. Maybe after Legion is over, you can't earn the appearances anymore.

Nice to see that, it would be a bummer if you could never use the unlocked appearances again, especially considering the addition of the wardrobe.

I might have to look over all the classes and see which appearances I want to make sure to unlock.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Yeah that's very good to see. I wonder how it will work for demo though? I doubt you can transmog a floating head onto a regular offhand.

Tarazet

That happened to me yesterday. Our healer ran out of mana cause the tank pulled everything. Was there a frost mage in your group? lol

It wasn't the tank that pulled it all. He went to the left, and the shaman jumped over to start the boss encounter like it was the Pandaria heroic version. Seeing how I had no AoE heals at that level, I was using my raid frames to flash heal everyone in turn, since the bear couldn't keep threat on everything. Pretty intense.

Raid testing bumps your ilevel up to a set poin t and unlocks all of the traits.

Also the pvp server premades have every trait unlocked.

Yes, you can level to 110 in the beta.

Not to mention the raid testing lately has been pretty good with scaling accurately.

It's really important to just play what you want to play and what you find fun gameplay wise and ignore simcrafting. Unless you're in a guild that has people playing all ranged specs or all melee specs with alts, you don't really need to worry about it, everyone will have their niche.

Thanks, not having access to the beta or trying the PTR I was simply curious as to how the evaluations were occurring. I was of the mind that half the problem is people have gone from their god-tier geared WoD toons and lower geared Legion toons with low powered artifacts but that isn't the case.

The simcrafting stuff doesn't really matter for me since I'm pretty casual and just want to play certain classes to try their changes out. It's why I rolled a Priest for Legion, to try the new Discipline and Shadow. It's why I'll eventually have a Warlock and Hunter. Besides, it's not like things will remain static.

Yeah that's very good to see. I wonder how it will work for demo though? I doubt you can transmog a floating head onto a regular offhand.

That's exactly what I was wondering, unless it's a new Warlock weapon type going forward, floating head familiar.

Ashodin

In the next expansion you should have the option of leveling up your artifact as well. To get something amazing like the Ashbringer and then it being outclassed by a Level 120 green feels bad man.

Or create some sort of artifact creation system where YOU get to create the next greatest artifact and what it looks like, with modular pieces so everyone's artifact is unique.

Ret Paladin and Arcane mage hidden appearances will be "fun" to unlock.

6nN12iP.gif

Anoregon

Yeah it's definitely going to be super weird going from these historic weapons of legend to quest blues or whatever at level 111. I wonder how they are going to end up dealing with that.

Milennia

In the next expansion you should have the option of leveling up your artifact as well. To get something amazing like the Ashbringer and then it being outclassed by a Level 120 green feels bad man.

Or create some sort of artifact creation system where YOU get to create the next greatest artifact and what it looks like, with modular pieces so everyone's artifact is unique.

6nN12iP.gif

people have been going for the arcane one since it was discovered and only like 2 days ago have we MAYBE found the first lead which ahs to do with polymorphing certain mob types in zones bringing up a chat bubble of a sheep saying ...

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I'm just going to assume there's some sort of rogue artifact hidden appearance in Ravenholdt.
Yeah it's definitely going to be super weird going from these historic weapons of legend to quest blues or whatever at level 111. I wonder how they are going to end up dealing with that.

'The war against the demonic army has weakened the power of your atifacts from overuse' pre-patch for next exp

Strimei

people have been going for the arcane one since it was discovered and only like 2 days ago have me MAYBE found the first lead which ahs to do with polymorphing certain mob types in zones bringing up a chat bubble of a sheep saying ...

Ah, hadn't seen that.

Oh boy this is going to be interesting...

Though truth be told, I'm more interested in the variant appearance that'll come in a later patch, since it should be that Kirin Tor style Aluneth that was datamined. I need that bad.

Anoregon

We've been doing that since TBC.

Ehh not really though. This is the first time the weapons themselves have been significant to the story and directly related to the overall world. Even morseo than previous legendary weapons for the most part, because a lot of the artifacts are like thousands of years old mythical relics and/or directly related to super iconic moments in Warcraft history.

Like, Ashbringer is the Ret paladin weapon. Putting it down for anything else would feel like a downgrade.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Ehh not really though. This is the first time the weapons themselves have been significant to the story and directly related to the overall world. Even morseo than previous legendary weapons for the most part, because a lot of the artifacts are like thousands of years old mythical relics and/or directly related to super iconic moments in Warcraft history.

Like, Ashbringer is the Ret paladin weapon. Putting it down for anything else would feel like a downgrade.

I mean... Rogues and Warriors already ditched warglaives after BC. I don't see how that's any different than Ashbringer.

TheYanger

So I take it the Lich King will appear in the Frost DK questline?

All of the DK artifacts involve the lich king. Frost is about Arthas if that's what you meant though. There are class specific artifact power gains in the world too, and the DK ones are pretty badass.

Obviously slight spoilers, just voiceovers though
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zDXvhkIH1M4 the four memories of arthas you find in the different zones, so this is four separate dialogues. the one at 15 seconds is the best imo.

Anoregon

Glaives were cool but they were never really anything more than "Illidan's cool looking weapons". They weren't very special themselves, as far as their actual relation to the Warcraft history or their origins. Stuff like Ashbringer, Scythe of Elune and Staff of Sargeras are. Hell, the latter was literally the tool used to destroy Draenor.

TheYanger

Yeah that's what I meant... cool.

Are these quests/stories supposed to be any good? Are they in beta?

You have to do them to get your artifacts, so yes :) Most of them are quite good. I have to say the blood DK one is super super underwhelming, but frost and unholy are good.

Glaives were cool but they were never really anything more than "Illidan's cool looking weapons". They weren't very special themselves, as far as their actual relation to the Warcraft history or their origins. Stuff like Ashbringer, Scythe of Elune and Staff of Sargeras are. Hell, the latter was literally the tool used to destroy Draenor.

Hey, dual wielding frostmourne is cool :(

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I also think the conceit of having to give up a legendary artifact for a green weapon is less than the conceit of 'there are 80,000 other Ashbringers'

The Artifact Fist weapons are invisible when sheathed because there aren't really points to sheathe them, they are too bulky and clip everything.

Ugh, fist weapons really are the worst. Makes me not even want to mess with Windwalker at all.

Lomax

It's different now that they've designed the entire expansion around artifacts for every class. If it works well, people are going to want them to do it again and maintain the system in some fashion, but then it won't be as new or interesting. If it works badly, Legion is going to suck and they'll have to completely redesign classes yet again. So they've basically backed themselves into a corner they probably already regret.

Strimei

Ugh, fist weapons really are the worst. Makes me not even want to mess with Windwalker at all.

It annoys me a bit since they said at start of alpha that they were looking into ways to have them displayed.

Also I find it hard to believe that fist weapons are more bulky and clip yet that doesn't happen with the ginormous axes and swords we wield.

It annoys me a bit since they said at start of alpha that they were looking into ways to have them displayed.

Also I find it hard to believe that fist weapons are more bulky and clip yet that doesn't happen with the ginormous axes and swords we wield.

Yep, there was this.

We have some special-handling in mind for sheathing for things like the fist weapons. They won't be invisible =)

We'll lose artifact weapons for the next expansion the same way Grom Hellscream declared Draenor was finally free, in an unsatisfying way. The hero's weapon will probably have to be sacrificed to end the Legion's invasion of Azeroth.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
People have given up stuff like Atiesh in the past...dunno why it would bother people now.

Top Bottom