• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT7| Feel the hatred of 10,000 Murlocs

Ashodin

people have been going for the arcane one since it was discovered and only like 2 days ago have me MAYBE found the first lead which ahs to do with polymorphing certain mob types in zones bringing up a chat bubble of a sheep saying ...

THAT SHIT IS FUCKIN AWESOME

Glaives were cool but they were never really anything more than "Illidan's cool looking weapons". They weren't very special themselves, as far as their actual relation to the Warcraft history or their origins. Stuff like Ashbringer, Scythe of Elune and Staff of Sargeras are. Hell, the latter was literally the tool used to destroy Draenor.

And Ashbringer broke Frostmourne.

Whatever happens to the artifacts it will likely be another "unforseen consequence". Like how setting Cho'Gal, Terengor and Gul'Dan free at the start of Warlords to shut down the Dark Portal was one of Khadgar's "it seemed like a good idea at the time".

Thrall cheats again in another cutscene, this time with every artifact.

ampere

People have given up stuff like Atiesh in the past...dunno why it would bother people now.

Yea it is what it is. It's an MMO, if you could keep your gear forever it'd get boring.

But! You can likely transmog it in the future soooo that really should fix any real concerns there.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
People have given up stuff like Atiesh in the past...dunno why it would bother people now.

Atiesh is a bit of an extreme example, given that like 30 people in the world had the thing. Hell, it's even been like retconned out of even being a player item now that Khadgar has it.

Tecnniqe

Banned
I like Brewmaster and Mistweaver quite a bit, actually. I'm not crazy about the first few models of the Windwalker artifact but after that they start to look interesting.

Perhaps. I just found them to have the most boring looks of them, with hunter following right behind as the weapons just seem boring with 1 or 2 having some flashy looks.

As for the best one I'm not completely sure. Dark Runeblade (DK Forst) looks pretty flashy, but Balance droods got some badass Scythe's

Perhaps. I just found them to have the most boring looks of them, with hunter following right behind as the weapons just seem boring with 1 or 2 having some flashy looks.

As for the best one I'm not completely sure. Dark Runeblade (DK Forst) looks pretty flashy, but Balance droods got some badass Scythe's

Yeah, I'm with you on the hunter ones. Other than the mechanical bow that Beast Master gets none of them catch my eye from any of the three specs.

Nothing's duller than the rogue daggers or the warrior artifacts

Agreed on the daggers. I had to check them all out on Wowhead first but none of them really standout. Although the Heartstopper for Assassination has a nice touch with the vial on it.

The only warrior artifact that stands out to me is the Legionbreaker for Protection because it's a flail. I'm sure it will be a clipping nightmare.

ZenaxPure

Is it just me or does monk have the most boring artifacts?

Hell nah, brewmaster probably has one of the coolest weapons because how it displays in combat and I'd say the base model for mistweaver is one of the better looking artifacts in general.

The windwalker one is the most boring but some of the alternate models are incredible (especially hulk fists). Though also the windwalker one is one of the ones I thought looked super boring but actually seeing it up close and in motion made me like it. Most the artifacts have spell effects layered on them so they end up looking better in motion then they do in static screen shots. The arms warrior artifact is in the same boat, thought it looked super boring but actually getting it for myself made me appreciate it because it looks better in motion.

Tenebrous

they are nowhere near that at max or scaled level in comparison to death knight

dk is the best dps in the game on beta at max, its not really close

even the most unbalanced specs beat out tanks at max/scaled so it isnt really an issue, especially when those dps specs finally get the tuning they need

What spec DK currently rules the roost? How is tank damage balance since the patch?

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
The shadow priest artifact is probably my favorite but I'm a sucker for all that Old God stuff. I just love that it's a dagger and not a staff. Like a sacrificial dagger is the perfect weapon for that spec. And I love the title, 'Blade of the Black Empire'

My favorite is still the floating skull for Demonology Warlocks. Makes me wish I could get into the spec more.

Sheep staff for Arcane Mage is a very close second.

Eh I like em. I haven't played recently so I'm not sure if they fixed how crazy the physics are for the Brewmaster artifact, the little keg was flying all over the place with slight movement.

They did improve on the physics a bit. Added some weight to the little kegs and they don't clip nearly as bad.

ampere

Is it just me or does monk have the most boring artifacts?

Eh I like em. I haven't played recently so I'm not sure if they fixed how crazy the physics are for the Brewmaster artifact, the little keg was flying all over the place with slight movement.

I don't necessarily mean the base artifacts are amazing, but there some cool unlocks that I like. I probably will use the artifact appearances

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
My favorite is still the floating skull for Demonology Warlocks. Makes me wish I could get into the spec more.

Sheep staff for Arcane Mage is a very close second.

Demonology: Best artifact, worst damage.

ZenaxPure

Not sure about the other models since I didn't play enough to unlock them but the physics on the base one seem fixed right now, or at least if the keg goes crazy I haven't noticed it.

The one problem with it right now is one of the brewmaster attacks (can't remember which) will sheath the weapon which kinda ruins the whole cool factor of it.

Strimei

The shadow priest artifact is probably my favorite but I'm a sucker for all that Old God stuff. I just love that it's a dagger and not a staff. Like a sacrificial dagger is the perfect weapon for that spec. And I love the title, 'Blade of the Black Empire'

I really like the three sentient artifacts (Xal'atath, Aluneth (arcane mage), and the Demo skull). Xal'atath, the dagger, and Aluneth, are especially interesting. The entity in the dagger seems, at least from what I've seen, more teaching and...I wouldn't say friendly, maybe teaching is better.

Aluneth, meanwhile, is pretty malevolent. Surprisingly so. Wants to feed on all the magic in Dalaran, mocks you at times, offers power at others. I wouldn't be surprised if its revealed it partly lead Aegwynn to do what she did in the past (since its her staff).

Tecnniqe

Banned
Legion "legendaries" can be transmogged.

I figured it was added back to Azzinoth too from the way people talked about it, but if its the Legion "Legendaries" that can be transmogged and only to other non-legendaries(?) then that's disappointing.

Having old legs being able to be transmogged onto Legion ones would be great.

ZenaxPure

No legendaries can be transmogged.

Worth noting the capes will actually be moggable in Legion. Noticed it when they finally enabled character copies. Best part is if you unlocked the cape you can actually go to the vendor dude at the tavern and still unlock the other appearances so I was able to unlock the 3 I did not have on my rogue (since I only ever finished the quest on him).

Actually pretty excited for that since they fixed most of the clipping issues with capes.

Anoregon

If they made old legendaries transmoggable I'd be rocking shadowmourne on my DK until the end of time.

TheYanger

Hopefully it'll still be in flux though, basically frost and unholy both got a pass this week, unholy got damage shifted around but it was overall a large buff (wghich makes no sense because the spec was fine already), and frost got a bug fix that is a HUGE nerf, along with more nerfs, so now it's gutted. Pretty cool.

Also tank balance is still kind of fucked. Unless they fixed blood boil and I missed it blood DKs are pretty dumb.

ampere

I expect that they'll struggle pretty badly with balancing damage at the beginning of the expac when people have varying artifact trees and gear levels.

Prob gonna see a ton of hotfixes as usual. I'm a filthy casual for Legion anyway so I'm probably just going to level my Brewmaster first and get around to the other tanks later.

Milennia

Hopefully it'll still be in flux though, basically frost and unholy both got a pass this week, unholy got damage shifted around but it was overall a large buff (wghich makes no sense because the spec was fine already), and frost got a bug fix that is a HUGE nerf, along with more nerfs, so now it's gutted. Pretty cool.

Also tank balance is still kind of fucked. Unless they fixed blood boil and I missed it blood DKs are pretty dumb.

Prot war/dh/bear/paladin are what I've seen played this week and all were fine damage wise, I don't even know anyone who regularly plays blood anymore so I can't comment on that spec at all really

TheYanger

Prot war/dh/bear/paladin are what I've seen played this week and all were fine damage wise, I don't even know anyone who regularly plays blood anymore so I can't comment on that spec at all really

I mean, nobody in their right mind because they made the spec the least fun it's ever been, that said Blood Boil does a ridiculous amount of damage.

Tenebrous

Hah, the Broken Shore event on the test-launch-thingy... That was a lot of fun. Warlocks nerfed so hard that Conflag now has a 7 second cast time.

Shahadan

Is there a way that I can speed up the beta download? As I already have the prepatch can I just copy my live folder?

Edit: apparently I can, yay²

Azzurri

With the new tMog system does that character have to be able to wear that piece for it to unlock for other toons on your account.

So if I loot a 1h sword on my warlock will it be unlocked on my Rogue since they both use swords? And if I loot a 2h sword will it unlock for lets say my paladin?

With the new tMog system does that character have to be able to wear that piece for it to unlock for other toons on your account.

So if I loot a 1h sword on my warlock will it be unlocked on my Rogue since they both use swords? And if I loot a 2h sword will it unlock for lets say my paladin?
Pretty much. If your Warlock loots a 2H sword you won't be able to get that transmog because you have to equip it.

Tenebrous

Two rules.

1) If your toon can use it, it's unlocked (so any equippable weapon is unlocked)...
EXCEPT!
2) If it's a "lower" armour quality than what you're meant to use. Warriors only unlock plate, Hunters only unlock mail, etc.

Wish they'd change the rule on items with rep requirements like tabards. I don't want to grind the same rep on multiple characters just to use a tabard.

Tenebrous

They do need a better account wide solution to reputations.

As long as it doesn't (further) trivialize gaining reputation, then I'm all for it.

What I'd like to see them do is turn EVERY faction into a 10 point achievement, and then have people progress towards 5/10/20/30 etc factions that way. To get 40, you could do 22 on one toon, 14 on another, and 4 on a final character - Just like you can do Pathfinder across 5 toons if you want to. That'd solve their "we don't want to add new faction titles to the game because people feel forced into one character" problem.

Plus there really needs to be a title for 85/90 factions in Legion, never mind just an achievement for 70.

Boogdud

So how is assassination rogue compared to dk (unholy I suppose) as far as melee damage goes? I could be persuaded into outlaw because it's pretty fun to play. Trying to decide between the two (unless DH is up there). I tried the assassination rogue on ptr for a bit and exsanguinate seemed ridiculous at the time.

So how is assassination rogue compared to dk (unholy I suppose) as far as melee damage goes? I could be persuaded into outlaw because it's pretty fun to play. Trying to decide between the two (unless DH is up there). I tried the assassination rogue on ptr for a bit and exsanguinate seemed ridiculous at the time.

STILL TOONING

Seriously, the numbers are gonna change several more times at least between now and release. Not to mention whatever knee-jerk hotfixes go out like the week raids open.

Right now it's still more important to be satisfied with the way a class feels, rotation-wise, as that's much less likely to change

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
sounds like im abandoning all of my alts once legion hits due to the awful artifact grind

at least ill have them there for transmog collecting.

Lomax

To me, giving up a weapon model is much less significant than giving up the entire artifact system. Do we really expect it to go from spending an entire expansion growing and using and customizing this weapon to level 111 green drop generic stats on to the next thing? What's next then, artifact helms?

Ashodin

To me, giving up a weapon model is much less significant than giving up the entire artifact system. Do we really expect it to go from spending an entire expansion growing and using and customizing this weapon to level 111 green drop generic stats on to the next thing? What's next then, artifact helms?

This is why I said they need to expand it into you crafting the next artifact. If you're to take on Sargeras and the Legion directly (on Argus, say) you need a weapon of great power.

Boogdud

My guess is that the next expansion will do some lore-y focusing on having to break down our artifacts and make our own artifacts out of the components. "Oh my swirls, the (insert bad things) is imminent, we need the heroes of Azeroth to forge their own artifacts (because our artifacts despite being lore BiS just aren't enough!)!"

So we might spend the entire next expansion finding a way to break down our artifact, and then the next half of it trying to create an all new one.

Carbonatedfalcon, thanks. I'm aware of the tooning (got a chuckle out of me), but we're getting into the final passes at least for release window. Just kind of wanting a general idea. I know we'll all get the rug yoinked out from under us. ;)

Top Bottom