• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT7| Feel the hatred of 10,000 Murlocs

Tacitus_

I know fire mage is good, not sure about the other two. Demo warlock is kind of shit, Destro is probably fine, and affliction somewhere in the middle.

Feral and Enhance are both fine as well afaik.

How do you feel about the Demo rotation? Numbers can always be fixed.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
How do you feel about the Demo rotation? Numbers can always be fixed.

I think it's pretty bad thanks largely to how Demonic Empowerment is implemented. If they sort that out it will feel a lot better.

Tacitus_

I think it's pretty bad thanks largely to how Demonic Empowerment is implemented. If they sort that out it will feel a lot better.

Oh balls. I hate Affliction out of principle and Destruction mastery is awful. Bah.

I don't want to abandon my warlock but... eugh.

Artanisix

what classes really need their artifact to function properly? so they may feel pretty weird going into pre-patch versus actual legion launch

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Is the new PvP system coming in 7.0? If so, I might do some casual skirmishes/BGs.

I don't think you'll actually be able to gain honor ranks until Legion (maybe even 110)

Shahadan

If we don't get a mount for each class by the end of Legion I'll be sorely disappointed.

Some of them have one already it's not even that much work. And to be honest some classes having mounts and not others never made sense

Tenebrous

I don't think you'll actually be able to gain honor ranks until Legion (maybe even 110)

Whenever I'm on beta/PTR, it says I've unspent honor talents, even at level 100.

If we don't get a mount for each class by the end of Legion I'll be sorely disappointed.

Some of them have one already it's not even that much work. And to be honest some classes having mounts and not others never made sense

I disagree. The DK/Paladin Charger mounts both make sense. The Dreadsteed makes a lot of sense... Not sure I can think of any Warrior/Monk mount that'd be as suitable as those.

Khezu

Mages and Priests should be able to fly like some CIty of Heroes shit.

Maybe Pheonix and Angel wings.

Hunters would be the hardest simply because you will disappoint a lot of people no matter what they did.

No idea about Warriors, other then letting them Heroic Leap like the Hulk everywhere.

Zen Flight is already sorta a mount, just weird.

Shaman would just get an improved version of Ghost Wolf that functions as a mount or something.

Rogues would get literally nothing and Blizzard would just never address or comment on it.

Tenebrous

Running Black Temple for transmog loot on my second Warrior, and end up snagging a Blade of Wizardry to complete my lightsaber collection. Not bad... Shame every boss has dropped mail, though.

Azzurri

So I hopped on the PTR with my Destro to PvP and I actually really like. I run the Shadowburn Spam spec and I light up the leader boards with kills and close to top DMG. It's nice running around having inst cast spells so I'm not completely trained by melee all the time, plus we have some decent defensives, not as good as we did, but decent enough to survive burst for most classes.

Immolate+Conflag+SB throw in your offensive CD like mana tap and Soul Harvest.

Man, I am not going to make a good Holy Paladin in Legion if my experience running low level dungeon content is any indication. Even though it's not relevant now, I've been attempting to stay close to the tank, just to practice for Holy's new mastery in Legion. I am going to be losing out on a fair bit of mastery healing.

I been thinking about giving Star Trek Online another go. At least until launch.

Eh. You can finalize all your pre-pre-patch and pre-patch business if you play now though. If you've completed everything you wanna do before launch (as has been listed in many a video/list), then dropping out until at least the invasions are going on is probably fine.

Could always play some EVE Online like I usually do when taking breaks from WoW :p

And I hear ESO isn't that bad now if you like Elder Scrolls. Might give that a go sometime.

Otherwise the other game I'm working on (though less so since getting into beta) is The Witcher 3 and it's pretty good. Starbound also comes out of early access near the end of the month and I might finally hop back in that again. Only had it for like 2-3 years since it went into beta. And that's just a couple of my "new" games.

Tarazet

Finished with the Brawler's Guild. Got my mushan and now I can rest for the rest of Warlords. Bring on Legion.

I wish I'd bought the mushan when I had the chance with the original Brawler's Guild. I did most of the fights by doing a Heart of the Wild cat burst opener, then switching to bear to finish it off. Now you don't get Rip or Rake as a Guardian so it's nowhere near as good anymore.

TheYanger

wow, I'm glad I pulled up my achieves to show how easy brawlers guild is now...I apparently didn't finish warlords brawlers? O_O I remember doing that shit like the first month of the xpac. I must've stopped for some reason.

wow, I'm glad I pulled up my achieves to show how easy brawlers guild is now...I apparently didn't finish warlords brawlers? O_O I remember doing that shit like the first month of the xpac. I must've stopped for some reason.

Well get on it I guess :p

Missing a few of the random fluff achievements from there, but pretty sure I completed all the main/optional fights.

Also, augment runes are back in Legion. Fun stuff /s

TheYanger

I'm in there right now :p The lines must've gotten too long at the time, no other reason I'd have stopped. even 4-5+ people there makes the wait awful now.

EDIT: Ok, and less than an hour later we're done. Gear trivialized these significantly more this xpac than last time. Most of those fights couldn't last long enough for my ring to go off. like 10 seconds long.

Think it's still possible to finish a ring? I'm at 2 tomes on my shaman. Hard to find the motivation to snore through that many hours of lfr again though

TheYanger

Think it's still possible to finish a ring? I'm at 2 tomes on my shaman. Hard to find the motivation to snore through that many hours of lfr again though

2 tomes? absolutely. You have until legion actually hits as long as you're on the quest right? It should be 3-5 weeks for what you need.

ZenaxPure

EDIT: Ok, and less than an hour later we're done. Gear trivialized these significantly more this xpac than last time. Most of those fights couldn't last long enough for my ring to go off. like 10 seconds long.

Mostly due to place in time. Original guild was added during 5.1 and they designed it with raid ilvls in mind, new guild was in at launch and designed as such. Like I legit did the first 4 ranks of the new version while wearing mostly green gear.

Tarazet

I'm in there right now :p The lines must've gotten too long at the time, no other reason I'd have stopped. even 4-5+ people there makes the wait awful now.

Good to hear, I'll give it a shot. I'm still not as geared as I'd like to be at this point in the expansion, but I did get the caster heirloom trinket.
on my first ever mythic dungeon clear

TheYanger

Mostly due to place in time. Original guild was added during 5.1 and they designed it with raid ilvls in mind, new guild was in at launch and designed as such. Like I legit did the first 4 ranks of the new version while wearing mostly green gear.

Oh I know, that's why I thought I'd finished it, I did it like immediately after gearing up before the raids came out this time. Also last time the first 8 ranks did get a lot easier when we got geared up the next tier, BUT they also added a shitton more bosses too that were a lot harder as well. I had a blast with the mop Brawler's guild. I forgot about it until the mention in this thread, but it is probably one of my favorite additions in mop for the brief time when it was a hub of activity. People that bitch about community from vanilla but never experienced it missed out, cause it was way more of that than vanilla ever was.
Patch in two weeks? Yaaaaaa

1.5 =3

2 tomes? absolutely. You have until legion actually hits as long as you're on the quest right? It should be 3-5 weeks for what you need.

I assumed the quests would disappear in the pre patch. Hmm, still not sure if it's worth it to spend all that time in LFR though. I already made 2 rings...

Lomax

I assumed the quests would disappear in the pre patch. Hmm, still not sure if it's worth it to spend all that time in LFR though. I already made 2 rings...

I think the drop rate is higher if you've already done rings before, so it may only take a few weeks to finish. That said I stopped after two and left my other ring where you are now. They are already useless in timewalking and soon enough they'll only be good for farming old raids, if even that.

phierce

I think the drop rate is higher if you've already done rings before, so it may only take a few weeks to finish. That said I stopped after two and left my other ring where you are now. They are already useless in timewalking and soon enough they'll only be good for farming old raids, if even that.
I've done 6 rings and, in my experience, the drop rate definitely didn't get any better.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
They say anything about increasing the BOA trinket drop rates when patch hits? Or upgrades using apexis?

Since htat's pretty much what they did in MOP

Robin64

There's a load of people in my Brawler's Guild right now, all trying and failing to beat this guy.

2540.jpg

Nobody even gets close. :\

There's a load of people in my Brawler's Guild right now, all trying and failing to beat this guy.

Nobody even gets close. :\
The fight is simple but it's getting past the first phase quickly that ruins everybody. Took me 20+ tries yesterday to beat his ass and that was with 4 seconds left on the Berserk.

TheYanger

The fight is simple but it's getting past the first phase quickly that ruins everybody. Took me 20+ tries yesterday to beat his ass and that was with 4 seconds left on the Berserk.

This. It's easy to outgear it now (I hadn't done it since mop and was really slow in P1, REALLY slow, still one shot it because p2 lasted 15 seconds), but when it's hard for you the trick is always just to go very fast. There's not really any RNG at all, you just pop the ghosts as soon as they spawn, drag the others with you, when they go to charge aim at the dude. That's it. if you do it correctly you'll have like a minute for P2 which is more than enough time.

The light sparks barely even tickle in P1 so it's not a big deal to get hit by the collapsing ring of them if you have to (those should be the only ones that hit you, a circle that closes in on the guy from time to time).

Jag

Drums for heroism helps too. Ran it a few test tries then nailed it blowing everything.

Khezu

I usually prefer Destro over Fire because Destro had cooler spells.

incinerate was just such a cooler nuke then fireball.
Conflag was also really fun.

Mages need blue fire.

Khezu

Yes, Lava Burst eats Pyroblasts lunch.

Well the new lame Pyroblast anyway.

It barely looks that much larger then a Fireball now a days.

Vanilla Pyroblast looked great.

Tenebrous

Just got 88k DPS on HC Archimonde as Prot Warr, which would've put me in the top 55 all time kills on that fight...

... But no-one was logging ]: Damn boost runs.

Lomax

Getting really sick of battle.net restarting the background download every day in spite of the settings that I have. No, I don't want 20 gb sitting on my hard drive pointlessly for two weeks. It's obnoxious. And the worst part is I can't find any obvious patch files to delete, they seem to just be mixed in with the rest of the data files, so it's already eaten 3 GB I can't get back.

Artanisix

Getting really sick of battle.net restarting the background download every day in spite of the settings that I have. No, I don't want 20 gb sitting on my hard drive pointlessly for two weeks. It's obnoxious. And the worst part is I can't find any obvious patch files to delete, they seem to just be mixed in with the rest of the data files, so it's already eaten 3 GB I can't get back.

how little room do you have on your hdd that this is a concern

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
so grabbed legion..boosted pally..geezus krist. how many active abilities does this class have for holy/prot. insanity. as a war/sham main i feel overwhelmed lol. maybe i just dont realize how many those classes have too because i know how to play them. i quit right at the shipyard patch so finally starting that shit too.

ampere

so grabbed legion..boosted pally..geezus krist. how many active abilities does this class have for holy/prot. insanity. as a war/sham main i feel overwhelmed lol. maybe i just dont realize how many those classes have too because i know how to play them. i quit right at the shipyard patch so finally starting that shit too.

Well there's massive pruning going into patch 7.0 (July 19th), so you may want to wait on your class impressions.

The shipyard is pretty awful though, you'll bore of it quickly.

Lomax

how little room do you have on your hdd that this is a concern

I keep my games that I'm playing including WoW on my SSD (and if you don't have WoW on a SSD at this point you're really missing out), which is 250 gb, not huge by any means but not small. I have over 1800 games on steam, I could fill it ten times over easily. I just keep installed the games I am currently playing (for example Mad Max is a 35gb install). Yes, I can uninstall something, but I have no need to preload the patch, my download speed is fine and I won't even be home when the patch hits anyway. So no, I don't want to give up 20gb or even 3gb of space for no reason. And so I turned off updates, but every single time I restart my computer and battle.net they turn back on and start up again. And in the past I could just go delete patch data, but it doesn't seem to exist as a discrete entity that I can find. So whether I have the hard drive space or not, it shouldn't be forcing its way onto my machine unwanted.

Seriously... you're going to need it in a week anyway.

No I won't, the install size isn't going to increase by 20gb, it will mostly replace existing files.

Top Bottom