• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT7| Feel the hatred of 10,000 Murlocs

Ultratech

I wouldnt be surprised to see some of Survivial's existing kit being migrated to BM, yeah. We so far have no idea what sort of skills melee survival will have.

Wing Clip and Raptor Strike all day, every day!

They could probably utilize traps too (this thought came to me as I was imagining a Hunter bashing an enemy with a Spike Trap).

JORMBO

Darkness no more
In a guild? Have a few hundred g to spare? :D

Gonna start a new char since some other people I know are there. I have like ~120k across other servers but gonna use it to buy game time and fuck spending money on transferring for the 100th time.

The only person in my guild is me and my 11 characters so it's not too exciting of a place :)

If you let me know your character name I can mail you a set of the 30 slot bags. Should have enough mats laying around.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
My hunter is still level 90 (maybe 91) so this is definitely the incentive I need to get him to 100 sometime in the next however many months.

Touch

I'm actually going to miss Survival. It's my most played Hunter spec. Going to miss the chill laid back play style.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Artifacts being transmoggable to other weapons (but not vice versa) has been confirmed by blizzard on twitter, btw.

Also, just for a lol: Among the sea of fake leaks posted on mmochamp over the past week, this one was posted 2 days ago with zero fanfare:

WoW: Legion is expansion name
Demon Hunter class
Illidan returned
Gul'dan
Raised continent around Maelstrom
Suromar (aka Tomb of Sargeras)
DH class starts at 100
Level cap is 110.
Class Orders (think garrison but themed around your particular class and quests)
Artifact weapons (shards of Frostmourne/essence of Doomhammer to level up your weapon)

mileS

Switching specs is going to suck now isn't it? If relic weapons level with bosses and stuff you do, how is that going to transfer if you switch specs and use a new relic?

I'm actually going to miss Survival. It's my most played Hunter spec. Going to miss the chill laid back play style.

I agree. That being said it needed to be done, make the 3 specs different. This will improve BM and MM as well I'm sure. Welcome change.

Anoregon

Switching specs is going to suck now isn't it? If relic weapons level with bosses and stuff you do, how is that going to transfer if you switch specs and use a new relic?

Considering that Artifacts are literally the only weapons that will exist during the expansion, I imagine it will not be terribly onerous at all. Blizzard expects players to be swapping specs at will depending on the needs of their raid/the current encounter.

Wing Clip and Raptor Strike all day, every day!

They could probably utilize traps too (this thought came to me as I was imagining a Hunter bashing an enemy with a Spike Trap).

Need some of that mongoose bite.

Wonder if they'll go back to 2h/dual wield, or if it will just be 2hand for survival.

I can see blizzard wanting to shy away from 2h/dual wield because of the trouble they've had keeping frost dk's equal and not wanting to give 2h back to Shaman.

Survival was my favorite hunter PVE spec until they removed Killshot from it in WoD, removing it is basically bye bye ever pveing on my hunter for me.

If anything they should have just made BM melee, rexxar style.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Survival was my favorite hunter PVE spec until they removed Killshot from it in WoD, removing it is basically bye bye ever pveing on my hunter for me.

If anything they should have just made BM melee, rexxar style.

Doesn't Rexxar always throw his axes though?

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Nop.

He does in HOTS for whatever reason but in WC3 he was melee. Beastmaster in Dota 2 is based off him.

oh dur, yeah i don't know why I had that messed up.

Weird that Blizz didn't change BM to melee. Could have leveraged Rexaar's axes for the Artifact instead of making the new weapon from the Tauren.

Anoregon

oh dur, yeah i don't know why I had that messed up.

Weird that Blizz didn't change BM to melee. Could have leveraged Rexaar's axes for the Artifact instead of making the new weapon from the Tauren.

Rexxar's axes aren't really any particular special thing though, lore-wise. Not every noteworthy character has a super-special, one-of-a-kind weapon.

ampere

Artifacts being transmoggable to other weapons (but not vice versa) has been confirmed by blizzard on twitter, btw.

Also, just for a lol: Among the sea of fake leaks posted on mmochamp over the past week, this one was posted 2 days ago with zero fanfare:

Hehe. There was bound to be some true leak, but usually not ridiculous enough to garner attention.

However, if they had said "No weapon drops in the next expac!!!" as the title, might have gotten attention.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Surely new raid weapons will still exist, right? So you should still have options in addition to the artifact stuff. Unless they expect you to have your artifact acquired before stepping foot in even normal raids.

Peachpies

Surely new raid weapons will still exist, right? So you should still have options in addition to the artifact stuff. Unless they expect you to have your artifact acquired before stepping foot in even normal raids.
There is just the artifact, you get your artifact in the starting quests of the expansion.

Nokterian

I am looking forward to this really i will be hanging in dalaran for sure but also hanging with my bro's at the class hall. It would be wise that they put a 12th character slot in it and that will happen off course looking forward to play Demon Hunter and the revamped PvP systems.

Robin64

No, no weapons will drop, just things to use to upgrade your artifact weapon.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Weird. I figured it was your legendary replacement.

That's cool though. Like I said, the quicker I get glaives on a DH the better.

ampere

They did say killing bosses progresses your artifact though. I assume you earn some sort of exp for the artifact talent tree

Peachpies

They did say killing bosses progresses your artifact though. I assume you earn some sort of exp for the artifact talent tree
There is artifact power which you use to get the talents, the artifact power will come from most activities like quests, dungeons, pvp, etc.

ZenaxPure

There is artifact power which you use to get the talents, the artifact power will come from most activities like quests, dungeons, pvp, etc.

I wonder at what rate you will earn/unlock stuff. Like if you will have all the talents unlocked by max level or if it is meant as a long term grind at level 110.

TheYanger

I'm guessing it'll be the new valor. X amount per week, you can mostly cap it doing the top tier raids/pvp but for the everyman or people that miss some you'll be doing dungeons/quests/reps. Good system imo. Valor gave people a reason to do shit and this would be basically the same.

ZenaxPure

I'm guessing it'll be the new valor. X amount per week, you can mostly cap it doing the top tier raids/pvp but for the everyman or people that miss some you'll be doing dungeons/quests/reps. Good system imo. Valor gave people a reason to do shit and this would be basically the same.

Yeah this is what I figure as well, just hasn't been confirmed anywhere I don't think. Though I imagine it will be set up more like conquest and not valor or else anyone who doesn't start the first week of the expansion will never catch up.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks

oh, interesting, so its taking the place of the maelstrom on the world map?

I hope they bring back badges

ZenaxPure

oh, interesting, so its taking the place of the maelstrom on the world map?

I wouldn't be surprised if it shared the same space on the in-game map, like, you click on the maelstrom thing and then the islands are near it for you to click on. That said, can't really be 100% sure where it will be lore-wise yet because of the cataclysm. Prior to that though the islands were right beside it.

RPGCrazied

Nice to know professions are going to make a come back in legion.

Also, what are you going to boost to 100? I'm thinking one of my many 90's lol

TheYanger

If DHs don't start at 100, boosting that. Barring them being mechanically unfun, this is the class I've been prepared for for 10 years :)

Nice to know professions are going to make a come back in legion.

Also, what are you going to boost to 100? I'm thinking one of my many 90's lol

I'm leveling a DK right now to 100, My main arms warrior is at 100, shaman/druid 100, rogue/paladin are 90. For some reason I stray away from pure ranged classes, find mage boring, Warlock WAS fun, hunter is boring to level, don't care for Monk's aesthetic but I do have one sitting at 80.

Now that hunter has a melee spec I'll probably boost a human one to 100.

If DHs don't start at 100, boosting that. Barring them being mechanically unfun, this is the class I've been prepared for for 10 years :)

Granted, DKs didn't start at 60 either, but I sort of imagine that they'd just have DH start at 100 in this day and age.

The class is going to be so over-represented though, probably even moreso than DKs. Unless they're completely unfun/underpowered.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
Granted, DKs didn't start at 60 either, but I sort of imagine that they'd just have DH start at 100 in this day and age.

The class is going to be so over-represented though, probably even moreso than DKs. Unless they're completely unfun/underpowered.

it cant be 100, they want to charge people for lvl 100 boosts, not give it away for free infinite every time you do a hero class.

my guess is it will be lvl 85

I wouldn't be surprised if it shared the same space on the in-game map, like, you click on the maelstrom thing and then the islands are near it for you to click on. That said, can't really be 100% sure where it will be lore-wise yet because of the cataclysm. Prior to that though the islands were right beside it.

sure, makes sense. i never really looked into how big the actual maelstrom is, but if it does replace it that would mean the well of eternity rises up, too, right?

Depending on what level they start/end at after the starting experience, DH would get the boost. Though I might want to level one anyway to have an easier time learning the playstyle.

Otherwise a random Alliance character. Everything I have on Horde is 90+ sans my ~45 paladin bank alt.

RPGCrazied

They want demon hunters to get into the new expansion quickly, right now they are debating between 95-100.

Yeah, would be kinda cool though, be able to rock through Northrend again as a Demon Hunter! Though eventually you'd have to redo WoD stuff, though I did like the level experience, only thing I liked for WoD.

Also, will Demon Hunters get flying/ground mounts, like Death Knights did? I hope so!

Kinda considering resubbing and just farming up a bunch of gold/playtime for my future DH.

They just had a free 7 days for lapsed subs, and you could have bought a sub token :(.

I'm considering doing it.

Try checking your email and clicking redeem. Says it expired on the fifth.

cdyhybrid

They just had a free 7 days for lapsed subs, and you could have bought a sub token :(.

I'm considering doing it.

Try checking your email and clicking redeem. Says it expired on the fifth.

Says my account didn't qualify for the offer because it may have already received free game time. Haven't been subbed since April. Meh.

ampere

Ah cool. Yea I agree valor was a good system, it did incentivize players to keep running dungeons, which I love.

I want them to talk about the Leather class concentration problem and tier tokens. The Icy-Veins bit says they don't think it's a big issue because of personal loot taking over, which I agree for the most part, but for Mythics it matters.

Top Bottom