• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT7| Feel the hatred of 10,000 Murlocs

Ok, think I am finally getting kind of bored with my Human Warlock after 6 years and I want to make a Horde character, probably a Druid or Monk and I still have my 90 boost. Is there a GAF horde guild or server and if not what is a good server to make a horde character on? Don't really want a server thats like 95% horde 5% alliance though.

So if raiding buffs these artifact weapons how're they gonna work in PVP?

Thats essentially what Surv will be. Youll still use pets.

Yeah but I actually like survival as is, minus the lack of killshot, I have liked surv from WOTLK>MOP.

BM on the other hand could go jump off a cliff and die for all I care.

ZenaxPure

So if raiding buffs these artifact weapons how're they gonna work in PVP?

Based on the short amount of time they talked about it in the presentation it sounds like the xp gain for the weapons will work more like VP in MoP compared to other expansions (where you got VP from practically everything you did). They said your weapons will grow in power from any activity you do from questing to raiding. That probably applies to pvp as well.

Then again they seem to be making dramatic changes to pvp in legion so we aren't even entirely sure how gearing will work in general yet.

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!
Can we make guesses on who is going to kick the bucket in the Broken Shore?

My guesses:

Varian
Tirion
Darion Mograine
Saurfang

Shahadan

Tirion is a given considering what they've said. Meh who will really care.
Varian should die, honestly.

I think we can rule out people mentioned below their related artifact alternate design. Since you have to do some quests to unlock appearences, I'm thinking you go to them directly.

I'll be very happy if Varian & Thrall are gone. They have done their time and sacrificing themselves to ruin the Legion's plans would be a fitting end.
Jaina can go too, especially since she's not commanding the kirin tor anymore.

I hope they'll do this. We need to feel stakes, danger and consequences once in a while. If not, well, they could as well admit we'll never get any meaningful development in the story.

Savitar

Varian makes the much sense for death due to his son not being a kid anymore.

In a way it does highlight one fact, everyone else is still the same. The Forsaken has reasons not to age but aside from Anduin everyone seems pretty similar to how they always been. Not counting graphic upgrades.

Shahadan

guys, Thrall is never dying. Just accept it.

Honestly this is the first time I wouldn't be so sure. Unless he gives you the Doomhammer and then sit somewhere for the rest of the xpac, which would be really dumb.

But aside from his weapon being available to us (and sorry but the whole fighting with the mementos of our fallen leaders thing is too good/obvious to be stupidly avoided...then again this is Blizzard) I'm saying that because I think they will kill Varian and they'd have to reciprocate in the other faction, so Thrall.
(Vol'jin wouldn't cut it, unless they kill him with Jaina?)

Reasons why I think Varian will be blown up:

-They never knew what to do with him, being an angry dumb brute then level headed and then suddenly the perfect zen leader inspiring confidence....neither were convincing at all. They obviously said screw it during MoP where his son occupies the stage much more than him, and being set up as his replacement.
-His weapon is too good of a candidate for a warrior artifact, and he wouldn't give it to you.
-Anduin has a new model and his description is talking about "paying the price"
-Genn Greymane has got a new model and is suddenly relevant. He's also a human (well, previously) king and could take over as a regent while Anduin gets his shit together
-in the announcement video Varian is the only one made aware of the Legion's return, and something about how they show the look of fear on his eyes made me think of foreshadowing, but I might be reaching a bit too much there.

And screw it, we need Varian and Thrall dying side by side while battling the legion.

Savitar

Wonder if we'll end up seeing anything like Varian fighting Thrall to the death one day and both dying.

We haven't had a real epic battle like that, if someone goes bad they're turned into a loot pinata.

Killing Vol'jin would be stupid, he just became Warchief.

The way he talks might be his big downfall. Some fans find it hard to understand or even read.

BM on the other hand could go jump off a cliff and die for all I care.

Surv has always been way to easy for me, its boring. MM is kinda the same, at least you have some cooldowns to manage, but I'm only playing it as it is favorable in HFC right now.

I actually love playing BM and managing everything on the fly, even if it is a little messy theres a charm about it. Feels good being able to directly control your pet fluidly through macros and whatnot. Its a busy/face paced rotation that I dig.

cdyhybrid

Varian makes the much sense for death due to his son not being a kid anymore.

In a way it does highlight one fact, everyone else is still the same. The Forsaken has reasons not to age but aside from Anduin everyone seems pretty similar to how they always been. Not counting graphic upgrades.

Yeah, it's great still having Cairne around :|

Savitar

Yeah, it's great still having Cairne around :|

Well he died/was murdered.

The same thing about a lot of these leaders who have been around is in a lot of cases it doesn't feel like they've done a lot. Varian gets shoved into everything wanting to do this and that but so many just are "there". Thrall, Sylvanas get some show time as well.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
anyone think that the artifact for BM hunter will be a pet? that would mean bow/gun weapons have to drop still, i guess, so maybe that won't happen.

Shahadan

anyone think that the artifact for BM hunter will be a pet? that would mean bow/gun weapons have to drop still, i guess, so maybe that won't happen.

Could be a bow/gun spawning a special pet ! But I don't think they would prevent you to use the pet of your choice, so probably not.

Should I race change my warrior to dwarf? I have an idea for a sick mog and I don't have to worry about new races to change into with the expac
wtzgU.gif

I was originally going to faction change him to play with my main guild, but not for 73 CAD

If Varian goes, I'm defecting to the Legion.

They've pretty much destroyed all the alliance leaders anyways.

Dwarf leader is frozen in stone, Malfurion doesn't give a fuck & cares more about tree hugging, Velen is non existent (wish we had Yrel instead), gnomeslol. Seems like Genn is getting some focus. Can't say horde are much better off.

Dwarf leader is frozen in stone, Malfurion doesn't give a fuck & cares more about tree hugging, Velen is non existent (wish we had Yrel instead), gnomeslol. Seems like Genn is getting some focus. Can't say horde are much better off.

I thought Tyrande was leading the Night Elves.

Also no one matters less then the Blood Elf leader who's name I actually cannot remember. Is it Lor'themar Theron is that someone else

Das Ace

Malfurion will be involved with Emerald Dream stuff, 'specially with Illidan coming back. I'd guess Magni may become unfrozen if Paladin's are getting Ashbrigner. And Velen will spew some nonsense about Andiun being a chosen one at some point I suppose.

M.D

I decided to check the progress of my guild in HFC, it seems something is going on.. the main tank and second in-command of the guild has not played (according to that recent activity) since May

Our second tank and some others have made some progress in normal HFC only, and the core raid also stopped playing/have not done anything in HFC.
My sub ran out in June, but I stopped playing months before. I was raiding every week and we were on HC Blackhand, but I only had 1 or 2 attempts before I suddenly lost all interest in the game.

I'm not worried since it doesn't seem like anyone actually left the guild and its been around forever, but something must have happened for everyone to stop raiding ;s

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
Could be a harness or something. Yea interesting

i suppose another thing to pointlessly pontificate on is since artifacts are mostly going to be lore-items, it'll probably have to be a pet that is important to lore somehow. The one that is immediately thought of is Rexxar's pet, but i'm sure there's others and its probably just as likely it is something new.

EmiPrime

The only person in my guild is me and my 11 characters so it's not too exciting of a place :)

If you let me know your character name I can mail you a set of the 30 slot bags. Should have enough mats laying around.

I wonder what percentage of the player base does this now since MOP. I have a few friends who wanted to try out a PVP server in my guild but really my guild mostly exists to house my characters.

phierce

Man...these hour long DPS queues for HFC need to get the fuck out!

Just trying to get the crit gem for my alt who is now only a profession/garrison-bitch. All the others aren't an issue since I used to play him a good bit, but sigh at this wait....

At least Iskar is the first boss and I can leave after!

Edit: They really need to add a check box for "Join in Progress" or something if you're willing to do so. That's twice now I've waited in a long ass queue only to join a group with Iskar already dead. Such shit. I know me previously saying I would leave after is the exact reason this problem exists, but it's also exactly the reason something needs to be added.

Kemal86

So no weapons this expansion and just level your artifact? Or get this artifact at max level? I hope its at the start of it and grows with you.

Get it near the start and it grows with you. Instead of dropping weapons, bosses will drop some sort of rune/item that you use to upgrade/customize the artifact weapon.

Khezu

I'm probably alone in this opinion, but I hope with the class refocus going on in Legion, they take a good hard look at all the secondary resources they added to a bunch of classes, like all the Lock bullshit, Holy Power, Shadow Orbs.

I kinda hate all of them.

TheYanger

I'm probably alone in this opinion, but I hope with the class refocus going on in Legion, they take a good hard look at all the secondary resources they added to a bunch of classes, like all the Lock bullshit, Holy Power, Shadow Orbs.

wut. Those classes all got those resources because they were boring as dirt before.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future

You take that back. The addition of the different resources was a fantastic addition.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman

If anything they need to remove mana from DPS classes. Completely pointless.

Being a DPS and conserving mana is a dumb mechanic. It works for healing for having fast expensive casts, but not for DPS.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
I really like that they're refocusing the classes and making each spec feel completely different than the others. I also hope this means that they take a look into the pruning they did and revert some changes. They gutted some specs and I feel like that's one of the biggest missteps they had in WoD.

At least just give Warriors Heroic Strike back, Blizz.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA

Being a DPS and conserving mana is a dumb mechanic. It works for healing for having fast expensive casts, but not for DPS.

Absolutely. Mana feels completely dated at this point and when they tried to 'make it fun' they made it worse for everyone.

ZenaxPure

At least just give Warriors Heroic Strike back, Blizz.

Grossssss. Maybe if it is optional through a talent or something. Never enjoyed having to hit 2 abilities at once fairly constantly which is something Glad war has to do a lot. It's a shame really as I am a huge fan of glad in concept but HS keeps me away from it. Just not a fun mechanic.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Grossssss. Maybe if it is optional through a talent or something. Never enjoyed having to hit 2 abilities at once fairly constantly which is something Glad war has to do a lot. It's a shame really as I am a huge fan of glad in concept but HS keeps me away from it. Just not a fun mechanic.

Brah, old Heroic Strike didn't work like Glad's Heroic Strike spam. Old Heroic Strike was great for when you were capping on rage. It's not like you were spamming it 24/7 when you had 3 stacks like you do with Glad.

[edit]

I'm still pissed about how Warriors were handled during the WoD beta. They kept removing abilities and each time Warriors would write to blizzard to tell them that it was a mistake. Instead of listening they would just remove another ability. By the end Arms had lost CS, OP, slam and heroic strike. They gutted the spec and made it feel like I was playing D3 with 4 buttons.

No one liked the new Arms and the Warrior community was very vocal about this when WoD first came out but Blizzard would never bring it. Then they did an interview with WoWhead on twitch, chat was spamming about Arms until one of the host brought up how Warriors weren't happy with the pruning. Blizzard straight up lied and said that they had heard very positive feedback about Arms and they were happy where it currently was, as soon as he said that shut blew up with DansGames and "wtf" which made the host bring up that people weren't actually happy with the spec. They completely brushed off her and kept going about how people liked it.

While talking about Warriors they also said, "what's wrong with empty GCDs?" and, "we don't always design a spec to be fun".

I was left completely speechless. It really showed me how completely out of touch some of WoW's designers are.

also: http://www.heroicstrike.org/

TheYanger

The only DPS class that even has to look at mana is Arcane mage, and that's literally the entire gameplay system for arcane.

ampere

Wow...

The team likes challenge modes and wants to try and make them more accessible. They aren't guaranteed to be added to Legion.

That's terrible. How are they "not guaranteed". That's one of the best parts of a new expac : /

Because Dungeons are briefly useful stepping stones to raiding at best and raiding is the only thing that matters.

The Raid or GTFO philosophy is pretty much set in stone as one of WoW's principal tenets at this point (unless you PvP), I wouldn't have expected much else.

Top Bottom