• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT7| Feel the hatred of 10,000 Murlocs

Lomax

Again, removing the reward is fine, the rings don't need to still be there (or just make them epic); I don't care about the actual cloak, or whatever. But yes, it would be nice to still be able to go do the quests. I understand the content evolves, I don't have a problem with things changing over time, that's the way things are. But they didn't change, they are literally just gone. The missing ring quest line probably won't be as obvious depending on how it is handled but with the cloak, at one point I was just sent up to Wrathion and I was like "hey this is cool" and then there's just nothing. And you go out to timeless isle and here's this section you get ported out of, just because. It disrupts the flow of play, and not in a "you needed to be there" sort of way. It's fine that the Vale is destroyed (even though it would have been a lot more interesting for it to be phased while you leveled, at least for the gate quest), but the way they chopped out the cloak questline was very hamfisted and arbitrary. It doesn't reward the people who played then, it just punishes people who didn't.

But we're seeing that as the norm now. I understand the need to evolve the gear (even though I hated it when BC released, in retrospect it was the right choice). But they're forcing expansion limitations on a lot of stuff retroactively (like loot-a-rangs) and sure, everyone here is happy garrisons will be dead but it wouldn't have killed them to leave them at least a tiny bit useful. People talk about how little content there was in WoD, but Blizzard does nothing to make the older content remain interesting beyond occasional things like pet drops.

Legendary ring expiration clarified in today's Blizz post:

So as long as you are actually at the first raid step (Abrogator stones) you should be ok, I think?

Phew, I just got my mage up to 100 yesterday and am on the Abrogator stones step. I've been worried about this, hence my rush to get the quest started since I wasn't sure when the patch was dropping.

Hopefully I'll be able to get the ring before August 30th, but that'll likely depend on RNG. Would be nice to have it for leveling purposes.

ampere

Remove the rewards, remove the achievements, but leave the quests in place for those that come along later and want to see what it was like.

That's basically what they did with Hand of A'dal IIRC. The quests are still there you just don't get the title anymore (unless you still had the quest in your log from BC)

I think that works fine, but maybe the devs don't want to do any extra work so just removing the quests is how they opt to do it

Entropia

No One Remembers
That's basically what they did with Hand of A'dal IIRC. The quests are still there you just don't get the title anymore (unless you still had the quest in your log from BC)

I think that works fine, but maybe the devs don't want to do any extra work so just removing the quests is how they opt to do it

RIP me for abandoning that quest in TBC, and/or not being at a certain point I think it was.

Wait, not Hand of A'dal, the other one... Champion of Naaru

ampere

RIP me for abandoning that quest in TBC, and/or not being at a certain point I think it was.

Wait, not Hand of A'dal, the other one... Champion of Naaru

I might have had some of those quests, but when I came back for WotLK I abandoned all my old quests to make room lol.

I am not a smart man

TheYanger

If you were past certain points you can still get those titles.

/run local z={"Tanaris"}for k,v in pairs({{10445,10445}})do print(z[k])for i,q in pairs(v)do print(" #"..i,"\124Hquest:"..q.."\124h["..q.."]\124h",IsQuestFlaggedCompleted(q)and COMPLETE or INCOMPLETE)end end

If those are 'complete' you can still do them.

At least, that's what I was told, idk I did them back in the day so I never checked.

ampere

I went back and finished the chains in WotLK and didn't get any titles, so I wasn't far enough or something.

Did have a guildy who still had the quests from BC on an alt and got his title recently

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
I need a to do list like there was for before draenor.. Im assuming itd be all Tanaan related though.

I'm on alliance whisperwind. We have a small guild now that's not very active (used to be a big raid guild), but you are more than welcome to join. Trade chat is typically quiet but every few hours the trolls get going and it's trash, then it quiets down again.

We're Alliance, too, but we will probably leave when our subs run out early August. If you want to invite us, though, sure. Message me! :)

Also is there a bunch of new players? I know this isn't the best way to gauge, but in the dungeons i've done, maybe 2 -3 players each run are in greens/blues instead of heirlooms like the others.

My husband has some 100s, because he's played here and there since I quit in 2010, but I don't - and I'm discovering as I level that a lot of the greens and blues I'm getting now are better than my purple shit from back in the day. The gold situation is also completely different than it was six years ago. It sucks to drop purples I worked hard for for other stuff, but I'm not so vain I'm gonna wear shitty gear, either. I have the better heirlooms for my characters, but I don't have thousands to replace my stuff with whatever the top mega great thing is for level 86 when dungeons are just five people running as quickly as they can to the end boss with no thought toward strategy, especially when I'm gonna replace it in a couple of levels anyway. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Doing mythic dungeons for the first time with some friends, one of which got 2 trinkets in one run and the other got 2 trinkets in 2 runs. I am still at 0.

fuck video games

Tubie

Doing mythic dungeons for the first time with some friends, one of which got 2 trinkets in one run and the other got 2 trinkets in 2 runs. I am still at 0.

fuck video games

I've cleared every single one of them multiple times over and basically done slag mines almost every week and I only just recently got mine.

I've seen friends get 2-3 trinkets in the first week they added them -_-

Fuck RNG

Entropia

No One Remembers
If you were past certain points you can still get those titles.

/run local z={"Tanaris"}for k,v in pairs({{10445,10445}})do print(z[k])for i,q in pairs(v)do print(" #"..i,"\124Hquest:"..q.."\124h["..q.."]\124h",IsQuestFlaggedCompleted(q)and COMPLETE or INCOMPLETE)end end

If those are 'complete' you can still do them.

At least, that's what I was told, idk I did them back in the day so I never checked.

RIP Incomplete, Incomplete. :'-(

Wait, I checked on the wrong character.

Shaman has them both complete.

biaxident

My to do list is simple:
Get free gold
Open rest of salvage boxes
Work on leveling last 3 classes
Pick a main finally

Bout all I can do with like an hour a day or so lol

Tenebrous

After finishing Loremaster of the Isles (apart from Surumar) & doing all 8 normal mode dungeons, I come to an unsurprising conclusion - Questing is just a sluggish cockblock standing between me and the good stuff.

After finishing Loremaster of the Isles (apart from Surumar) & doing all 8 normal mode dungeons, I come to an unsurprising conclusion - Questing is just a sluggish cockblock standing between me and the good stuff.

I got stuck on a bugged quest in Highmountain :(

Aszuna and Val'Sharah are the quickest, most direct zones. Highmountain and Stormheim are both longer and have plentiful out of the way "hidden" quest hubs. Suramar is fucking huge and outside the preliminary questline doesn't mark anything on your map.

I'll try and do some dungeons tonight though - need dat gear. What's stupid is I've gotten two PvP 840 pieces now from world quests which is way higher than anything else I've had access to. I feel like that may need to be fixed as the risk/reward ratio seems off.

Tenebrous

I got stuck on a bugged quest in Highmountain :(

Aszuna and Val'Sharah are the quickest, most direct zones. Highmountain and Stormheim are both longer and have plentiful out of the way "hidden" quest hubs. Suramar is fucking huge and outside the preliminary questline doesn't mark anything on your map.

I'll try and do some dungeons tonight though - need dat gear. What's stupid is I've gotten two PvP 840 pieces now from world quests which is way higher than anything else I've had access to. I feel like that may need to be fixed as the risk/reward ratio seems off.

Oh I got stuck on that same quest... Kinda forgot about it. Still considering the zone complete, haha.

I was about 3/8 into Stormheim when I hit 110. Do you think it's worth spending the time capping off the zone, or best just to get the rep required for World Quests? I just want to get into heroics/mythics ASAP when the game goes live.

TheYanger

Just get the rep for world quests, then you'll have SO much shit to do in the short term, you can finish the regular quests when you get a minute to breathe.

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
Only thing worth your time is the heirloom trinkets from mythic dungeons. See details here: http://www.wowhead.com/news=250733/what-to-do-before-the-legion-pre-patch#collect-heirloom-trinkets

They'll be unobtainable after August 30th (Legion launch), so you may want to at least get the one for your leveling spec

Not sure if I'll be able to snag one honestly on a freshly boosted class on a brand new server..the rest of the wowhead list looks weak too. I might put all my time into getting my gold production up for the next few weeks so I have a bit of a bank. Maybe if I have some left over I can grab a mythic carry. The garrosh heirloom weap didnt make much of a difference when leveling anyway.

Tarazet

Not sure if I'll be able to snag one honestly on a freshly boosted class on a brand new server..the rest of the wowhead list looks weak too. I might put all my time into getting my gold production up for the next few weeks so I have a bit of a bank. Maybe if I have some left over I can grab a mythic carry. The garrosh heirloom weap didnt make much of a difference when leveling anyway.

I imagine the trinkets will have even less of an impact than that. Maybe the caster trinket will have some value when fighting demons.. it's already being used to min-max against certain bosses in Hellfire Citadel.

Tenebrous

Just get the rep for world quests, then you'll have SO much shit to do in the short term, you can finish the regular quests when you get a minute to breathe.

Figured that'd be the way to go. Don't even have the Nightfallen rep required for WQ's and I'm already bored of Surumar. Can't wait to shut my brain off and grind through this shit ASAP.

The amount of Artifact Power I'm getting in Surumar compared to what I've been getting so far in other zones is ridiculous.

Ultratech

I might have had some of those quests, but when I came back for WotLK I abandoned all my old quests to make room lol.

I am not a smart man

I got Hand of A'dal that way.

I got screwed over on Champion of the Naaru because I didn't have all the old quests in my Quest Log (I think I was missing one of the Trial quests).

Tenebrous

I had all the CotN quests, but abandoned them once 3.0.2 hit before I found out that using the old IDs was a thing.

Lost count of how many times I'd killed Maggy, but oh well.

Also now that i'm back I think I want to get going on my ally priest again

what's the best way to get gear? I know previously the further tiers would add some "catch up" dungeons so to speak.

I quit right after highmaul (the first patch?) my ilvl is 637

Boogdud

My to do list is simple:
Get free gold
Pick a main finally

I'm having such a hard time with this for Legion. Every other day I hop onto the PTR to get a feel for the classes and I come away less certain than the time before. I mained rogue since vanilla through lich king, then blizzard decided melee needed to diaf so I rolled a hunter (mm) and mained it all the way through now, with a sprinkling of death knight inbetween. I've been pretty happy with ranged (hunter) for a while because basically it's all of the benefits of melee with none of the drawbacks (can't see crap, high risk/low reward and just general melee QoL). Honestly the hunter up until this point has been just about a perfect class as far as dps goes.

But then I tried the PTR and, I hate to be hyperbolic but the class just seems completely gutted. I have always disliked BM aside from having all the cool pets, and I've jumped between SV and MM as needed (or as one become stronger over the other). But now that SV is melee, and I have a rogue and a dk which I much prefer if I'm going down that route, and I still have no interest in BM, I'm left with MM. Wow, is it ever dull now. I've had changes in the past that I haven't liked, it happens all the time, you just adapt and get used to the new way of playing. But this.. there's just no other way to describe it, it's just boring.

Has anyone played one on beta for some levels and can give some impressions? Because now I'm struggling with what to play. I want to at least try a DH, but I definitely don't want to continue with the hunter if the ptr gameplay is any indication of the future. It honestly feels like they're trying to drive people away from the class.

PS the only 100s I have are Hunter, Rogue, Death Knight and Priest. I've always had a soft spot for shadow..

Tarazet

I need a to do list like there was for before draenor.. Im assuming itd be all Tanaan related though.

As long as your gear is over 630, it gets scaled to 700 in PvP. And the current season honor gear is ilvl 700 in PvE. Conquest gear is 710. I hate it, but it's the best use of limited time if you can't wait a week for the prepatch and invasions.

Ken

What two professions should I get for rogue before I boost it? I keep reading engineering + leatherwork but idk if engineer is meme.

Robin64

What two professions should I get for rogue before I boost it? I keep reading engineering + leatherwork but idk if engineer is meme.

Rogue engineer is legit.

Their order hall a sewer exit from Dalaran, engineering will let you glide out of that like a boss.

Tarazet

That was probably before the profession bonuses got taken away. It used to be that you would min-max by being a double crafter even if it was more expensive to do so, but you don't get any particular benefit from having crafting professions anymore. So you want to pick a profession that's useful for your class and then get the gathering profession that backs it up.

Leatherworking makes leather armor plus cloaks, goes with Skinning
Blacksmithing makes melee weapons i.e. daggers, axes, swords, goes with Mining
Engineering makes ranged weapons i.e. guns, plus goggles that can only be worn by Engineers, plus various gadgets, goes with Mining or Alchemy
Alchemy makes potions, flasks, and a decent healer trinket, goes with Herbalism
Inscription makes glyphs (RIP in legion), caster weapons i.e. staves and wands, and trinkets, goes with Herbalism
Tailoring makes cloth armor, cloaks, plus bags. Goes well with Enchanting
Enchanting makes item enhants that increase the power of your gear
Jewelcrafting makes gems to improve gear, rings, and amulets, goes with Mining

Tenebrous

Also now that i'm back I think I want to get going on my ally priest again

what's the best way to get gear? I know previously the further tiers would add some "catch up" dungeons so to speak.

I quit right after highmaul (the first patch?) my ilvl is 637

Go to Ashran & stand in the back. You'll be 700+ in no time.

Engineering is the greatest profession. Gliders & boots alone make it superior to all the others.

RPGCrazied

Been playing with the new beta build lately and I have a couple questions. How in the world do you hide armor now? I heard you have to go to the transmog guy, but I'm not seeing any options to hide anything.

Also I have a bunch of weapons in my void storage that I'm not seeing in the appearance tab. How do you add those? Thought that was going to be automatic. Maybe not implemented yet?

I'm an expert

As long as your gear is over 630, it gets scaled to 700 in PvP. And the current season honor gear is ilvl 700 in PvE. Conquest gear is 710. I hate it, but it's the best use of limited time if you can't wait a week for the prepatch and invasions.

youre saying just gear out on pvp boxes? no complaints here, basically what im doing now since im learning holy pally

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Been playing with the new beta build lately and I have a couple questions. How in the world do you hide armor now? I heard you have to go to the transmog guy, but I'm not seeing any options to hide anything.
Pretty sure you just go to the slot and there's an option to make it hidden.

Onaco

Sorry if I sound noobish-- my girlfriend has been carrying me through the game from a referral level 1 to level 43 the past two nights. I'm having difficulty SEEING the game on a 4K TV. Moving my futon closer to the TV helped, but I could use some advice on UI mods and settings. I'm gaming on a 49 inch 4K screen, and the UI at 4K is kinda shit. Granted, I think we can all agree the UI gets cluttered with information overload when it comes to this game. Is anyone comfortably playing the game on a large TV?

What I'd like to know is is it possible to:

• Increase my mouse cursor size (I'm using a trail mod for now to at least kind of help, but don't know where the options are to adjust it.)
  • Increase quest givers' text size (and maybe change the font face cause some of them are odd)
  • Cut the fat off the EXP bar below (I think I'll get a small XP bar mod. Zooming the UI cuts off the bottom XP bar anyway)
  • Increase general font sizes
  • Shrink the chat box (I think I have a bad mod running that's making the text box bigger and causing it to overlap with icons on the bottom-left part of the screen; so that might be my bad.)

I've read things like RealUI, FreeUI, Bartender mods can help, but I need to experiment tonight when I get home.

I'm also frustrated with the amount of commands the game has hidden between menu upon menu, though. So that might not change even with UI changes, haha.

Sorry again for asking noobish questions, but I'm trying my hardest to adjust to this game and am overwhelmed to say the least.

TheYanger

Sorry if I sound noobish-- my girlfriend has been carrying me through the game from a referral level 1 to level 43 the past two nights. I'm having difficulty SEEING the game on a 4K TV. Moving my futon closer to the TV helped, but I could use some advice on UI mods and settings. I'm gaming on a 49 inch 4K screen, and the UI at 4K is kinda shit. Granted, I think we can all agree the UI gets cluttered with information overload when it comes to this game. Is anyone comfortably playing the game on a large TV?

What I'd like to know is is it possible to:

• Increase my mouse cursor size (I'm using a trail mod for now to at least kind of help, but don't know where the options are to adjust it.)
  • Increase quest givers' text size (and maybe change the font face cause some of them are odd)
  • Cut the fat off the EXP bar below (I think I'll get a small XP bar mod. Zooming the UI cuts off the bottom XP bar anyway)
  • Increase general font sizes
  • Shrink the chat box (I think I have a bad mod running that's making the text box bigger and causing it to overlap with icons on the bottom-left part of the screen; so that might be my bad.)

I've read things like RealUI, FreeUI, Bartender mods can help, but I need to experiment tonight when I get home.

I'm also frustrated with the amount of commands the game has hidden between menu upon menu, though. So that might not change even with UI changes, haha.

Sorry again for asking noobish questions, but I'm trying my hardest to adjust to this game and am overwhelmed to say the least.

There's a UI scale slider in the options, you can literally just scale the entire thing to be larger.

There are mods to do all of these things, it might be simplest to get something like ElvUI but I don't personally use it so I can't help there.

Chat: Chatter. Default ui can also increase the font size though.
Bars: Bartender
Clutter below XP: Bartender
Quest Text: No idea.
Mouse cursor size: No idea
Anything else: MoveAnything will let you individually move and resize any base element of the UI.

Onaco

There's a UI scale slider in the options, you can literally just scale the entire thing to be larger.

There are mods to do all of these things, it might be simplest to get something like ElvUI but I don't personally use it so I can't help there.

Chat: Chatter. Default ui can also increase the font size though.
Bars: Bartender
Clutter below XP: Bartender
Quest Text: No idea.
Mouse cursor size: No idea
Anything else: MoveAnything will let you individually move and resize any base element of the UI.

I have the UI scale up high-- forgot to mention that. But thanks for the advice. I had Chatter already, but I'll mess around with Bartender to get it to play nice with the rest of the game. I'm hoping Blizzard figures something out for text on big resolutions and screens as 4K and the like become more popular.

Jag

My to do list is simple:
Get free gold
Pick a main finally

Salvage boxes took some time. I started opening mine to sell the follower items since they will be worthless after the pre-patch. Some go for 18g each right now.

My strat was fill up all my open bag spots with 1 follower token so tokens go to me to sell now and the rest goes to mail where I can sort it later. Including BOP items that can sit in the mail too. The mail will only show up to the first 50 items, but the rest will stay there for the 30 days.

Then put the boxes on my 1 key and spam it.

TheYanger

I have the UI scale up high-- forgot to mention that. But thanks for the advice. I had Chatter already, but I'll mess around with Bartender to get it to play nice with the rest of the game. I'm hoping Blizzard figures something out for text on big resolutions and screens as 4K and the like become more popular.

I mean the main issue is you're playing on a TV :/ The resolution is playable, but the resolution at a distance of many feet instead of at your desk is a big difference. I had to scale text up a lot when I played on my TV for a while,a nd that was just 1080p. You definitely can scale everything, but it's going to involve a lot of tweaking of lots of other mods sadly. I would try BetterQuestText or whatever that questing mod is for that stuff.

Top Bottom