• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT7| Feel the hatred of 10,000 Murlocs

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
It's really doubtful the pre-patch is going to be the same day as the end of a PVP season. And we normally get a weeks advance warning anyway.

lol

The end of season for PvP has always indicated a patch except for like one time.

Lanrutcon

I want this little guy as a pet in WoW.

WEVWHUTEDR8H1467848774568.gif

So pretty!

A few things:

One, I'm going to miss all that sweet, sweet Garrison gold. If I hadn't taken a break for a year, I'd be loaded.

Two, I really wish there was a guild on my server that raided weekends.

Three, I finished my Legendary Ring like three weeks ago. A friend is trying to do the missions now, and we're confused. When they say that you can FINISH the ring quests, but you can't start them, does that mean if you've started the ring quest, you can finish all the quests to get the ring, or does it mean that once the prepatch hits, they can no longer do the remainder of the quests as well, but can finish the one they have currently?

JSoup

Banned
Why is it doubtful? Happened for 3.0, 4.0, 5.0, and 6.0 according to http://wow.gamepedia.com/PvP_season

So, the minority of patches.

lol

The end of season for PvP has always indicated a patch except for like one time.

lol

It's always indicated that a patch was coming, not the start in the same day outside of the four instances Tenebrous pointed out.
I mean, don't get me wrong, would be great if the 19th was also go time. I just doubt it.

It's a carry, probably just tag and Die, then loot.

Perfect.

Tamanon

Banned
A few things:

One, I'm going to miss all that sweet, sweet Garrison gold. If I hadn't taken a break for a year, I'd be loaded.

Two, I really wish there was a guild on my server that raided weekends.

Three, I finished my Legendary Ring like three weeks ago. A friend is trying to do the missions now, and we're confused. When they say that you can FINISH the ring quests, but you can't start them, does that mean if you've started the ring quest, you can finish all the quests to get the ring, or does it mean that once the prepatch hits, they can no longer do the remainder of the quests as well, but can finish the one they have currently?

You can finish the ring if you've made it to Chapter 2 when the pre-patch hits. When Legion hits, you can't finish it.

Tenebrous

So, the minority of patches.

lol

It's always indicated that a patch was coming, not the start in the same day outside of the four instances Tenebrous pointed out.
I mean, don't get me wrong, would be great if the 19th was also go time. I just doubt it.

You know those are the four pre-expansion patches since arenas were added, right? There's plenty of more examples of non-expansion patches, but it says a lot when every single X.0 patch since TBC has landed on the arena season end date.

JSoup

Banned
I'll make a deal with all of you.
When the 19th rolls around, if I'm wrong, I'll post so and you can all laugh at me. I'll even change my avatar to a Warcraft butt like they do on Scrolls of Lore.
But, when the 19th rolls around and I'm right, I get to "I told you so" as much as I want.
Deal?

Edit: To clarify, there isn't any hate here. If I'm wrong, it's hilarious and we get a neat patch. If I'm right, it's still hilarious and we get another week or so to do Brawler's Guild and junk.

Tenebrous

When the 19th rolls around, if I'm wrong, I'll post so and you can all laugh at me. I'll even change my avatar to a Warcraft butt like they do on Scrolls of Lore.
But, when the 19th rolls around and I'm right, I get to "I told you so" as much as I want.
Deal?

Edit: To clarify, there isn't any hate here. If I'm wrong, it's hilarious and we get a neat patch. If I'm right, it's still hilarious and we get another week or so to do Brawler's Guild and junk.

But that would be an improvement to your avatar.
Deal.

is it confirmed in patch notes/otherwise that they are taking out the smuggled bag of gold?

It's gone.

Westlo

Holy shit dem new warrior animations are legit as fuck..... Gonna level my warrior after the pre patch drops....

Watched a beta frost mage vid, same old same old...

Tenebrous

No argument here.
So as an added bonus, I'll change my avatar for Discord too.

I'd say it's a fair deal...
... If you acknowledge every expansion pre-patch has corresponded with the end of the PvP season, meaning any guess that goes against that is a bit of a fluke.

What would you say is the best way to do this? I've afk camped while watching TV, Server hopped like a Madman at spawn points on server reset, and done the same for hours outside of server resets to see if I get lucky.

Nothing so far :(. Is it just repeating the above methods and luck?

It was blind luck for me, just found it on my realm on my way to realm-hop around Gorgrond's spawns. The vast majority of people seem to get it as soon as the realms come back up or an hour afterwards (presumably because the first spawn after reset timed out). Only thing I can suggest is camping a bunch of characters at different potential spawn points and switching between them after reset,

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
New beta patch; basically nerf almost every class :D
Haven't looked through everything but there were a lot of buffs to melee specs. Unholy, Feral, Survival, Windwalker, Outlaw, and Enhancement all seem like they came out ahead.

Azzurri

Haven't looked through everything but there were a lot of buffs to melee specs. Unholy, Feral, Survival, Windwalker, Outlaw, and Enhancement all seem like they came out ahead.

Buff all the wrong classes,right?

It's why I'm playing Fire mage this xpac because of how mobile and strong they are considering how strong all melee will be.

Nere

Buff all the wrong classes,right?

It's why I'm playing Fire mage this xpac because of how mobile and strong they are considering how strong all melee will be.

I love fire mage but it doesn't feel the same with the new combustion. Combustion was what made the class fun for me.

JSoup

Banned
I love fire mage but it doesn't feel the same with the new combustion. Combustion was what made the class fun for me.

Getting a perfect chain where a mob is stunned and taking rapid pyroblast crits to the face is why Fire spec was invented.

Kraftwerk

Resubbed to play a lil for legion.

Is there anything before the prepatch that I should do before it goes away forever?

I have the raids mounts and CM weapons.

Anything else? been gone for a few months.

ZenaxPure

Yeah lot of buffs in there. Excited for the windwalker changes, Chi Orbit is an incredibly boring ability but it's damage was absolutely ludicrous (like on single target fights it was always my #2 damaging ability). Nerfed it by 50% and then buffed WDP which is an actual fun talent to use. Win-win for me.

Also a rather large buff to our artifact ability which is interesting since it already did crazy damage (almost as much as FoF except it doesn't have a channel time).

ampere

We had a guildy post that he couldn't make raid one week because he got a several day ban for using bad language in chat.

He said "Blizzard is so full of shit, they were like this last time too" which means he's been banned for it before lol.

Suffice to say, he was not a reliable raider

Respect

So I guess some people are really upset about this new WoW chatting system that's gonna be rolling out.

I don't really understand why.

Yes, figured the racists, homophobes and ragers would probably be upset. Now they get to be held accountable for their hateful asinine behavior.

TheYanger

Deal?

Not sure why it's hilarious though, like, "a minority of patches" had to be a troll/joke post right? It's literally EVERY SINGLE pre-expansion patch since Arena has existed.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
Not sure why it's hilarious though, like, "a minority of patches" had to be a troll/joke post right? It's literally EVERY SINGLE pre-expansion patch since Arena has existed.

And also pretty much whenever a pvp season ended, it was ended on a patch except for 2 seasons.

Just...weird =p

JSoup

Banned
...had to be a troll/joke post right?

Pretty much everything after "doubt the 19th" is a troll, yeah.
I get previous trends, but it just seemed odd to me that it would be so soon, given that there are supposed to be five weekly events before the full launch and doing it on the 19th would leave a week of nothing. But, then again, the first week could just be a 'hey, get used to all this new crap' week.

Rambaldi

I just did mythic Auch as a healer. A few things:

I don't like healing anything more than heroics. I don't like the stress

I of course got the healer heirloom. It will most likely be the only one I see. Sigh.

But I do want to do them as DPS. Never healing them again. I woke my dogs a few times from yelling.

(We did have a lot of fun doing it though)

You know what I'm going to miss about WoD? My Peon's Pickaxe, that is a thing of beauty. I make sure to fly over to Spires on every toon and grab it first thing. Even if they don't have mining as a profession that thing is useful for your garrison mine. With a Pick Axe buff and the Peon's Picaxe you instantly mine a node in your Garrison.

Tenebrous

I wonder how much gold was made by farming the Garrison mine daily in 20+ characters...

Only thing I'm going to miss about WoD is my class gameplay.

Tarazet

I wonder how much gold was made by farming the Garrison mine daily in 20+ characters...

Only thing I'm going to miss about WoD is my class gameplay.

I'm going to miss crazy ballistic reckless AoE with Balance Druid or Elemental Shaman.

Still, it was small potatoes compared to when I used to heal to get easy LFR queues, and I would use Heart of the Wild and Hurricane on Wind Lord Mel'jarak to see the stupid numbers.

I don't think there's any need to wonder about how much gold 20 toons could have made over the course of WoD, we can just ask daniel. Guy had like 20-25-ish toons with max level garrisons. Said he paid for his two accounts and his girlfriends with garrison gold alone.

I just did mythic Auch as a healer. A few things:

I don't like healing anything more than heroics. I don't like the stress

I of course got the healer heirloom. It will most likely be the only one I see. Sigh.

But I do want to do them as DPS. Never healing them again. I woke my dogs a few times from yelling.

(We did have a lot of fun doing it though)

The first Mythic heirloom drop is smart loot guaranteed to be the one appropriate for your loot spec. If you wanted a DPS heirloom you should have set your loot spec to DPS at the very least. If you have another character capable of running mythic dungeons, then you can try and run that as DPS, rather than rely on the random chance. It works like Garrosh heirloom weapons.

Dinjooh

Anyone playing Arcane on beta?

I've been playing for a bit and this.. just doesn't feel any good at all, to the point where I'm convinced I must be doing something wrong.

Rambaldi

The first Mythic heirloom drop is smart loot guaranteed to be the one appropriate for your loot spec. If you wanted a DPS heirloom you should have set your loot spec to DPS at the very least. If you have another character capable of running mythic dungeons, then you can try and run that as DPS, rather than rely on the random chance. It works like Garrosh heirloom weapons.

Yeah, I know. I'm just being salty because unless they have decent drop rates I don't think I'll actually see another one.

Top Bottom