• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT7| Feel the hatred of 10,000 Murlocs

Milennia

I have apparently lots of those on other servers. I had rerollitis back then.

Is there any way to sell them there and get the gold to my main server? ;(

mostly wow tokens which are usually always useful

or you can go down the pain route and try to buy pets but dont do this unless you want to undercut like crazy or basically never sell them

Rambaldi

I'm having my oil changed and tires rotated so I walked down to a nearby Target and I'm sitting in their Starbucks. It's times like this that I wish Blizzard had some sort of mobile Warcraft app that allowed me to do something productive in game. It's 2016. We had garrisons but not this?!

Milennia

I'm having my oil changed and tires rotated so I walked down to a nearby Target and I'm sitting in their Starbucks. It's times like this that I wish Blizzard had some sort of mobile Warcraft app that allowed me to do something productive in game. It's 2016. We had garrisons but not this?!

During progress i use the mobile app when at school etc. to refill pots and such via the auction house

pretty much all you can do =/

Rambaldi

During progress i use the mobile app when at school etc. to refill pots and such via the auction house

pretty much all you can do =/

Yeah I don't need any of that though which is the problem. It just makes me sad that there's no sort of Warcraft 1.5 that I could play and have it offer rewards (cosmetic not gamechanging) for the main game.

Armory app has an AH?

But really, that piece of crap hasn't been updated even half as often as the authenticator. In desperate need of an overhaul. Like, you can't talk to Battle.net friends, really?

Rambaldi

Armory app has an AH?

But really, that piece of crap hasn't been updated even half as often as the authenticator. In desperate need of an overhaul. Like, you can't talk to Battle.net friends, really?

It does have an ah! It used to be a paid feature but no longer. However I'm so spoiled by addons that I can't use the base auction house.

strafer

Because it has to bind to unlock the transmog.

Thank you so much for this tip, I've already found a few equipped on long abandoned bank alts.

What he said. They aren't just making them bound for the hell of it; they have to bind in order to unlock with the new transmog system.

K

But I don't like it.

Guess I gotta go through all my characters on 10 different realms.

Lomax

The mobile app AH is actually vastly superior to the ingame AH, but my mobile app constantly disconnected me after a few searches so I got tired of messing with it.

K

But I don't like it.

Guess I gotta go through all my characters on 10 different realms.

Look at it this way, if you don't care about the gold, you'll be unaffected, because the shirts will stay where they are, and you'll unlock them for transmog on any character. And if you do care about the gold, this change only makes them more valuable. So it's win/win for you.

Rambaldi

The mobile app AH is actually vastly superior to the ingame AH, but my mobile app constantly disconnected me after a few searches so I got tired of messing with it.

I guess that's cool. I just don't have any reason to use it since I'm usually at home or at work. I should have just brought my 3DS but I didn't.

Shahadan

AH is shit btw. When are they going to do something about it? Almost everything else has been updated to modern times but not the auction house.

It does have an ah! It used to be a paid feature but no longer. However I'm so spoiled by addons that I can't use the base auction house.

Yeah the app is better than the base in-game AH, but if you use any advanced AH addon it's not so great. Never buy anything on it myself since I use TSM to manage everything (really need to redo profiles for Legion at some point here too).

I do occasionally check it to see if things have sold though.

phierce

Should I open my crates now or can I wait until the pre-patch? Don't have the space to hold all the armor and weapons.
Did all mine now because the follower upgrade items are still worth gold. They're worth copper come pre patch.

Just mail all the gear to an alt/banker. Open mail on Tuesday.

And speaking of mobile AH, just bought a Blade of Wizardry for 5k. I think that's the cheapest I've ever seen one get. Also have a bid on one that's like 70 gold, heh. All others are 8.5k or more, so at worst it's a quick flip for a few thousand if I decide not to keep it for transmog myself.

So I need something cleared up about the Wardrobe system. If you're a Death Knight, Warrior, or Paladin, is it possible to collect the transmog of Cloth, Leather, or Mail gear or is it strictly based on appropriate item types for the class that you are?

So I need something cleared up about the Wardrobe system. If you're a Death Knight, Warrior, or Paladin, is it possible to collect the transmog of Cloth, Leather, or Mail gear or is it strictly based on appropriate item types?

Appropriate armor types only. No different than now.

-----

Really need to think about selling my Dirge's Kickin' Chimaerok Chops recipe sometime soon. I think at this point I'm not going to learn it myself so another 700k+ in the bank would be nice.

You can just mail all the items. People are opening now because the follower upgrades lose all their value when the patch hits.

Did all mine now because the follower upgrade items are still worth gold. They're worth copper come pre patch.

Just mail all the gear to an alt/banker. Open mail on Tuesday.

Oh, wasn't aware those were losing value. Guess I'll make a bank alt to store the useful stuff.

Appropriate armor types only. No different than now.

-----

Really need to think about selling my Dirge's Kickin' Chimaerok Chops recipe sometime soon. I think at this point I'm not going to learn it myself so another 700k+ in the bank would be nice.
Damn.

Guess I should open these crates now to sell those upgrades.

Tenebrous

Anyone know of an addon that skips the BoE equip warning? I've thousands to get through and this is pissing me off.

Had the same frustration, found this:

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...suggestion?p=41381863&viewfull=1#post41381863

The Add on suppresses the message, while the macro scans your bags and equips everything.

For those wondering, this works fine & is really easy to set up. Recommend doing it if, like me, you have a lot of shit to equip.

Also, I'm buying a Herald of the Titans boost for 75k... Kinda cool, I guess?

Milennia

For those wondering, this works fine & is really easy to set up. Recommend doing it if, like me, you have a lot of shit to equip.

Also, I'm buying a Herald of the Titans boost for 75k... Kinda cool, I guess?

there used to be these guys back in cata who would do them for like 3k it was amazing but they had a waitlist for months

basically free

Apathy

Glad I checked the thread, thanks for the shirt talk, went and found out I got 5 of the original shirts. Going to make some more cash, should pay for a few months

If you have the disposable income, at least it's easy to buy a bunch of boosts so that you don't have to drive yourself crazy doing the same dungeons with the same class over and over and over.

It's not even the act of leveling multiple toons of the same class that I think is nuts, it's trying to purposefully grind out a random drop in current content with those multiple toons of the same class.

The sentiment behind the idea of the deterministic and randomised loot drops is nice, the randomised loot is there to provide an occasional pleasant surprise that is completely devoid from purely deterministic loot...except it's legendary gear so people are going to min/max. Around rng drops. This just reminds me of people trying to farm Rathalos Rubies (very rare drop required to craft certain gear) in Monster Hunter and the "desire sensor". It's not going to go well for some people, and it will be someone with 12 toons all in the same class who spends the entire expansion trying to purposefully farm a random Legendary drop they won't get until Rise of the Banshee Queen, Return of the Old Gods or whatever is released. Plus if you think the group finder is bad now with ridiculous ilvl requirements just wait for the legendary requirements in Legion.

This whole legendary drop system seems like a well-intentioned idea that will backfire horrendously.

Lomax

It's not even the act of leveling multiple toons of the same class that I think is nuts, it's trying to purposefully grind out a random drop in current content with those multiple toons of the same class.

The sentiment behind the idea of the deterministic and randomised loot drops is nice, the randomised loot is there to provide an occasional pleasant surprise that is completely devoid from purely deterministic loot...except it's legendary gear so people are going to min/max. Around rng drops. This just reminds me of people trying to farm Rathalos Rubies (very rare drop required to craft certain gear) in Monster Hunter and the "desire sensor". It's not going to go well for some people, and it will be someone with 12 toons all in the same class who spends the entire expansion trying to purposefully farm a random Legendary drop they won't get until Rise of the Banshee Queen, Return of the Old Gods or whatever is released. Plus if you think the group finder is bad now with ridiculous ilvl requirements just wait for the legendary requirements in Legion.

This whole legendary drop system seems like a well-intentioned idea that will backfire horrendously.

Honestly at a certain point Blizzard needs to let the insane people be insane and stop trying to protect them from themselves. 99.99% of players know the difference is trivial and not worth that level of insanity, if a couple of people don't, then so be it. My personal hope is that the separation of PVP finally will let them get back to allowing some of the more fun and crazy things to exist without so much cry for meaningless balance.

I'm coming back to wow for pvp in legion. I just resubbed after a year off. My main has been a boomkin for the past 2 expansions but I have the urge to also play a rogue. Is it viable to play 2 toons in Legion or not? The artifact weapon I'm reading about looks like it might be hard. Does anyone know how druids and rogues are doing on the beta for pvp? =[

Honestly at a certain point Blizzard needs to let the insane people be insane and stop trying to protect them from themselves. 99.99% of players know the difference is trivial and not worth that level of insanity, if a couple of people don't, then so be it. My personal hope is that the separation of PVP finally will let them get back to allowing some of the more fun and crazy things to exist without so much cry for meaningless balance.

They kind of already are "ignoring the crazies" with this design, it's just whether they stick to it or not. I see it being a point of contention throughout the expansion.

As of now I'm fine with the idea of legendaries being rnadom drops. Some of the problems with WoD's design is that a lot of the content is driven by deterministic loot. Look at Tanaan, once you get Baleful Token gear on every slot then almost nothing happens as a reward from there on out. Maybe you'll find a token with that produces an ilvl higher than 650 but from there on out you are logging in to do dailies to earn 20k Apexis (every 4 days if you do just your dailies) so you can buy a 695 ilvl upgrade if you don't want to do Ashran or Raid. Interesting things stop happening pretty quickly, there's no real surprise going forward.

Um, just resubbed two days ago and my launcher under region has "beta:legion" in the drop down menu with a 26gb install.. I never got a beta email but does this mean I'm in the legion beta already? wtf?

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
As of now I'm fine with the idea of legendaries being rnadom drops. Some of the problems with WoD's design is that a lot of the content is driven by deterministic loot. Look at Tanaan, once you get Baleful Token gear on every slot then almost nothing happens as a reward from there on out.
I mean, the Baleful gear is garbage because ilevel hardly matters when the set bonus + ring is most of your damage. It was just a catch up mechanic for people with no gear, so of course it's going to be boring.

ampere

I'm coming back to wow for pvp in legion. I just resubbed after a year off. My main has been a boomkin for the past 2 expansions but I have the urge to also play a rogue. Is it viable to play 2 toons in Legion or not? The artifact weapon I'm reading about looks like it might be hard. Does anyone know how druids and rogues are doing on the beta for pvp? =[

I'm not sure that it will be any harder than previous expacs. All depends how much you want to play

For pvp there's a prestige mode for extra cosmetic stuff and mounts that makes you have to re-level your honor (new system) so if you opt to do that and stay competitive you'll have to play a lot I'd imagine, but otherwise it's probably not too bad and once you hit honor level 50 and mostly max your artifact you're set (this will likely be a few month process, at least the artifact part supposedly)

I mean, the Baleful gear is garbage because ilevel hardly matters when the set bonus + ring is most of your damage. It was just a catch up mechanic for people with no gear, so of course it's going to be boring.

I feel like the response I want to type out is canned at this point and is mere weeks away from no longer mattering.

biaxident

Think i'm going with DK for legion, barely played it in WoD so have no gear, any idea what the stat priority for frost will be, i'll scrounge some baleful together and just want to know what to shoot for.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Gave up on the Monk on lv 25, and got my Rogue from 1 to 31 in 11 hours, so I'm pretty happy with that.

This is what surprised me the most:
bbkqHd5.jpg

I mean I know that people can get billions and billions of Gold in a day thanks to Garrisons, but I think this is a few times more than I ever had on me in the game, even when I was leveling with everyone shortly after Cata was released.

Gave up on the Monk on lv 25, and got my Rogue from 1 to 31 in 11 hours, so I'm pretty happy with that.

This is what surprised me the most:
bbkqHd5.jpg

I mean I know that people can get billions and billions of Gold in a day thanks to Garrisons, but I think this is a few times more than I ever had on me in the game, even when I was leveling with everyone shortly after Cata was released.

It's worth on average about 2.5 - 3x that.

Also how the fuck? Just the gold from leveling quests in Cata should've netted you a few thousand at the very least.

I gotta wonder if there's any correlation between spending/saving habits in WoW compared to people's real life financial acumen.

Top Bottom