• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT7| Feel the hatred of 10,000 Murlocs

biaxident

I'm complementing on pre ordering legion just to boost my monk from 92-100 because holy shit wod leveling is the worst.

Popping a potion for gorgrond objectives and elite quests has gotten me from 94-99.5 in 15 mins my last 3 100s I did it on, easy stuff. Plus I really like the questing zones in WoD, all pretty great.

Strimei

Do people really not like the WoD leveling zones? Only one I don't like is Gorgrond.

Varies for me.

I hate Gorgrond with a passion. Talador I like some parts of but others, eh. SMV is the best. Spires is pretty good too. Hate Nagrand.

But WoD definitely isn't the worst leveling. I think Cataclysm's is the worst (though I do love Vashj'ir. The rest...no)

Milennia

its official now that i will be playing multiple mages for legendary drop chance lol

there are some guilds who are even mandating it (not mine), 4-5 of the same character.

this legion race is going to be a trip folks, a lot of guilds are going to fatigue right out of the gate.

Milennia

Weren't they banning legendary items for the first month or so of the raids? Did they not go through with it?

they killed that idea pretty quickly, you wont unlock the 2nd legendary ability until a bit into the instance opening simply due to cooldowns when researching etc. is pretty much the limit

or should i say the ability to equip a second legendary, you can still equip one and its effect work in raids etc. just not in pvp

Entropia

No One Remembers
its official now that i will be playing multiple mages for legendary drop chance lol

there are some guilds who are even mandating it (not mine), 4-5 of the same character.

this legion race is going to be a trip folks, a lot of guilds are going to fatigue right out of the gate.

Jessssssssssus christ. That is insane.

Milennia

Jessssssssssus christ. That is insane.

its really interesting because it essentially means you wont have the people sucking at their alts issue (play wise, gearing is still a factor)

so we may see quicker heroic clears across the board, or we should at least

thus making it easier to actually get the splits finished in time for mythic week

if you are someone who finds playing the same class redundant then you are fucked on the top end essentially lol, i know of 0 american guilds who are mandating this yet some people choose to do it on their own volition like myself but im only playing 1 copy character

mostly if not entirely EU guilds for the simple reason of the top end over there going harder than our top end at least for the first instance

they are really rare as well, there are people in my guild who have put in over 30 days of beta and dont even have a single piece and then some who have put in maybe 10 and have 2 sometimes doubles which are useless

yeah its going to be fun alright

LowParry

I thought the first tier of raiding was not focused around not having legendaries? Or did I miss something. Basically people are trying to get a specific pieces of legendary?

Milennia

I thought the first tier of raiding was not focused around not having legendaries? Or did I miss something. Basically people are trying to get a specific pieces of legendary?

yeah, each dps class has about 1 legendary thats preeeety good or decent and some people deem it worth it to make several of the same class for an increased chance at getting either said legendary or possibly a weaker yet still strong piece.

whichever gets the legendary you focus on

granted this is only for the extreme 1%, like the people who raid 10 hours per day 7 days a week etc. most others should and will take their time and not worry about it

LowParry

yeah, each dps class has about 1 legendary thats preeeety good or decent and some people deem it worth it to make several of the same class for an increased chance at getting either said legendary or possibly a weaker yet still strong piece.

whichever gets the legendary you focus on

granted this is only for the extreme 1%, like the people who raid 10 hours per day 7 days a week etc. most others should and will take their time and not worry about it

No way. That's just complete bonkers. Kudos to those who are doing it.

Andiie

Unconfirmed Member
I was watching the new transmog video Blizzard posted and I noticed there was a message popping up in the chat box saying "[item name] has been added to your appearance collection." when they got new transmogable items.
On the PTR I don't get that message when binding new items. I thought it was odd that there wasn't some kind of notification when you had just unlocked a new look as getting something new is the exciting part of the system.

Anyone know why the message doesn't show up? Surely it would be a part of the pre-patch.

The message in question (between 25 and 31 secs):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dVGrr0UvXQ8#t=25

Milennia

I was watching the new transmog video Blizzard posted and I noticed there was a message popping up in the chat box saying "[item name] has been added to your appearance collection." when they got new transmogable items.
On the PTR I don't get that message when binding new items. I thought it was odd that there wasn't some kind of notification when you had just unlocked a new look as getting something new is the exciting part of the system.

Anyone know why the message doesn't show up? Surely it would be a part of the pre-patch.

The message in question (between 25 and 31 secs):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dVGrr0UvXQ8#t=25

it shows up in the beta so im sure its a bug

2000 salvage crates later, I'm like 26k gold richer from the vendor value alone. Not including any potential transmog sells later - have about 2 and a half guild bank pages full of stuff.

Milennia

pretty sure i can flip a spectral tiger cub i got months ago for 20k for upwards of 60-70 maybe, forgot i even had it

the price has hiked to like 90 since then somehow

Milennia

jk I LITERALLY JUST sold the damn thing yolo putting it up on the ah at 7:50 am est for 81k.... pretty good flip for a stupid pet ill never use

even though im rich i just could never justify paying that kind of gold for a pet, i understand people have like that collection fetish but i barely looked for one months ago and got it for 20k...

im positive this guy could have got it for cheaper than 81k, thats like the undermine journal median for the thing.

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
2003 alpha client on lowest settings for fun =P

Probably can't touch the current version cause there's less variables to play with/available to access to force lower @_@
I don't know about the alpha client, but the first retail client featured a lot of quirky console variables that could make your game look really ugly.

Additionally, I've been trying to find a way to make WoW run in 256 colors, but this seems quite difficult in Windows 10. I did it during Cataclysm, but then on Windows 7.

Entropia

No One Remembers
Put about an hour into the beta last night trying DH out.

Pretty fun, BUT I am pretty sure when I made the character it didn't do it correctly because I didn't do their starting zone... and I have like 4 abilities lol

Tenebrous

Anyone know of an addon that skips the BoE equip warning? I've thousands to get through and this is pissing me off.

What will change with garrisons this tuesday other than gold missions being taken out?

No more Sacks of Gold.
Upgrade items vendor for 1c.
All treasure finders become scavengers.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Anyone know of an addon that skips the BoE equip warning? I've thousands to get through and this is pissing me off.

No more Sacks of Gold.
Upgrade items vendor for 1c.
All treasure finders become scavengers.

Eh... it probably won't even be worth it even if it's just to buy and sell materials with garrison resources.

Good riddance I'd say even though I got rich from it, i got 1.5 millions from it, should be good for a while for my sub.

Tenebrous

I got quite a bit more after getting over my initial ooh-ing and aah-ing about it being too late, but HoF farming is what I'll miss the most goldwise.

But yeah, BoE addon, please!

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
BTW guys, you might want to go back and check on old chars on random servers you may not have played in years to see if they have old (pre-cata) starter shirts equipped. If so, UN-EQUIP THEM IMMEDIATELY as they will be bind on equip as of 7.0. They already sell for a lot, and once 7.0 reduces the supply due to making them BoE, the prices will only increase.

I only have two (A Thug's shirt and Primitive mantle) but the Thug's shirt alone is already worth over 100k depending on server.

Full list:
https://www.reddit.com/r/woweconomy/comments/4t2zu1/psa_removed_precata_starting_gear_shirts_will/

Tenebrous

Have a Warder's Shirt on a toon I deleted in 2007 & recently recovered. Gonna keep it equipped, though.

Might try and buy the rest now before the price goes up. Edit: Picked up Recruits Shirt for 1k.

RPGCrazied

I really think its lame the people that have the CE preordred can't get the demon hunter early access. How hard is it for Amazon/Blizzard to issue a code to those people? You cancel, then you can no longer play the demon hunter. Its not that hard.

Hixx

BTW guys, you might want to go back and check on old chars on random servers you may not have played in years to see if they have old (pre-cata) starter shirts equipped. If so, UN-EQUIP THEM IMMEDIATELY as they will be bind on equip as of 7.0. They already sell for a lot, and once 7.0 reduces the supply due to making them BoE, the prices will only increase.

I only have two (A Thug's shirt and Primitive mantle) but the Thug's shirt alone is already worth over 100k depending on server.

Full list:
https://www.reddit.com/r/woweconomy/comments/4t2zu1/psa_removed_precata_starting_gear_shirts_will/

Not just the starter shirts. For example, Deckhand's Shirt is worth anywhere from 25-100,000 gold and it was a pretty abundant Barrens drop pre-Cata. I have one on my Hunter, might pay for a month of time if it sells.

Boogdud

Full list:

Woops, I found out I had one this morning too, and put it up for 65k right before I checked this thread lol. Oh well, my server is po so I doubt it'll even sell. Also have an initiate's shirt and a recruit's shirt. Not sure what they're worth..

Tacitus_

What the fuck. Went through my old chars to check for shirts and found an unbound Orb of Deception and the recipe for slutmog boots.

Sarek

Been doing pet pvp because of the event, and was wondering why everyone seem to get free rez for their pet the first time I kill it. Is that because of some item?

Tenebrous

Been doing pet pvp because of the event, and was wondering why everyone seem to get free rez for their pet the first time I kill it. Is that because of some item?

Undead pets have an extra turn, and Mechanical pets come back with like 35% of their HP after you kill them.

Some unique pets can sacrifice themselves & come back later in the fight. No idea which, though.

Magnus

If you're in beta, you should be able to create one with no requirements.

But, thinking on it, I believe I saw something about Blizzard testing for launch again, which likely means that DHs are currently disabled.

edit: Yeah, launch testing is going on, but I see nothing about DHs being disabled (and part of the launch testing involves order halls too so they should be available)

I had to log in to a particular beta account and server and create a level 100 there first. It was like, WoW1 (not WoW4, or something) and then the realm that wasn't levelling or max level pvp, where you can only create 110s.

Tacitus_

ufaL42Q.png

tumblr_m7jk7sqisX1rsljxt.gif

Lomax

HYXNeZN.png

They are so rare, I don't think most people even know they exist, which keeps the price down. Wowhead says they are still unbound in Legion though.

I'm kinda curious if they are going to give the Speedy Racer Googles unlock to everyone or just people who did the quest when they were available. Either way, I know a lot more people will have it. I always wanted a Feat of Strength for still having mine. Still the best glasses xmog though they don't look as good on the high rez models.

strafer

Full list:

dumbest shit I have ever read.

Why is Blizzard doing this.

Shahadan

I have apparently lots of those on other servers. I had rerollitis back then.

Is there any way to sell them there and get the gold to my main server? ;(

Lomax

dumbest shit I have ever read.

Why is Blizzard doing this.

Because it has to bind to unlock the transmog.

Full list:

Thank you so much for this tip, I've already found a few equipped on long abandoned bank alts.

Top Bottom