• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT7| Feel the hatred of 10,000 Murlocs

Lomax

I don't think there's any single piece of transmog that could come out of salvage boxes worth 500k. Most BoE transmog would top out at about 120k for the best stuff.

None of the slutmog goes for high prices anymore.

Relative to what they used to go for

I've seen glorious pieces going for 400k in the last month and the new system will just increase demand, especially initially. I expect all that stuff to spike significantly with 7.0.

Tenebrous

I've seen glorious pieces going for 400k in the last month and the new system will just increase demand, especially initially. I expect all that stuff to spike significantly with 7.0.

It's what I plan on farming once the Potion of Luck fucks off. Transmog runs through AQ20 don't take long.

Glorious doesn't come out of salvage crates though, as the crates are on the Eastern Kingdoms loot table, and Glorious only comes as Kalimdor world drops.

And maybe on Europe for prices that high where gold is inflated already. On my server, for example, right now Glorious Legplates (the rarest piece in the set) is going for ~140k.

Lomax

Semi-related edit: if you haven't done the brawler's guild on characters that have the various shirt quests unlocked, it's well worth going to do them, each fight is at least 500g, I got 6300g from completing the ones I hadn't done in under two hours. A couple of the fights are a little tricky but if you overgear them none took me more than a few tries.

It's what I plan on farming once the Potion of Luck fucks off. Transmog runs through AQ20 don't take long.

I just don't have the patience for farming like that any more (I did it plenty enough during BC/Wrath); I'd rather play other games. But that keeps the value higher for those of you that do :)

Glorious doesn't come out of salvage crates though, as the crates are on the Eastern Kingdoms loot table, and Glorious only comes as Kalimdor world drops.

And maybe on Europe for prices that high where gold is inflated already. On my server, for example, right now Glorious Legplates (the rarest piece in the set) is going for ~140k.

Ah, I didn't know that, I assumed the salvage crates just dropped all the greens in the game. Even so, I still expect all the valuable transmog stuff to spike with 7.0, even some of the lesser stuff will probably jump a good bit while people are rushing to complete collections. I'd expect those 140k legplates to double possibly, I'd almost be tempted to buy at that price and then flip them. Glancing at my servers (on US) the legplates are in the 200k+ range but I remember someone buying last month for 400k, he may have just been overpaying because he couldn't find one (or trying to drive the market up).

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
I was told the guild needs more ranged DPS in Legion. I'll main an arms warrior, but I'm a bit curious to play a discipline priest if damage is decent. I know that specialization isn't really intended as DPS, but the artifact weapons seems to be 50/50 on DPS/healing, slightly offset by relics.

Any insight on this? I mainly find discipline priest interesting due to the artifact weapon (Light's Wrath).

Tenebrous

Rösti;210086106 said:
I was told the guild needs more ranged DPS in Legion. I'll main an arms warrior, but I'm a bit curious to play a discipline priest if damage is decent. I know that specialization isn't really intended as DPS, but the artifact weapons seems to be 50/50 on DPS/healing, slightly offset by relics.

Any insight on this? I mainly find discipline priest interesting due to the artifact weapon (Light's Wrath).

Disc is 50/50. If your guild needs ranged DPS, going Shadow with disc OS for those more healing intensive fights would make you a fucking boss in their eyes.

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
Disc is 50/50. If your guild needs ranged DPS, going Shadow with disc OS for those more healing intensive fights would make you a fucking boss in their eyes.
Alright, thanks. Shadow is of course an option, but I haven't really understood this Descent to Madness thing. Will have to read up on it.

ampere

Rösti;210086106 said:

Disc can be 100 healing/absorbs or a sort of split damage/healing, but it all depends on your raiding level. If you're mainly doing normals adding a heal/dps split is fine

Azzinoth

Neo Member
If you're in the US/NA region, then the pre-patch will be Tuesday.

Forgot to mention for NA. I assume on Tuesday you won't be able to do anything until the prepatch finishes?

I'm counting down the days left to get things done before stuff gets taken out.

Entropia

No One Remembers
Forgot to mention for NA. I assume on Tuesday you won't be able to do anything until the prepatch finishes?

I'm counting down the days left to get things done before stuff gets taken out.

Yeah, if the pre-patch is indeed coming on Tuesday they will announce extended maintenance on Monday. These patches usually take more time, so the game may not be available till late afternoon/early evening on Tuesday.

Shahadan

I think I got invited to beta again lol. I hope they have a system in place to flag another account.
Why send me another email though.

iirate

I finally got in. I hate dl'ing the whole thing for just a day or two of play, but I really want to dig into new discipline(as it's the only spec that may pull me away from shaman/monk).

Hixx

I finally got in. I hate dl'ing the whole thing for just a day or two of play, but I really want to dig into new discipline(as it's the only spec that may pull me away from shaman/monk).

If you've downloaded the pre-patch for Live you can just copy and paste the folder over to the beta folder. Downloads like an extra gig but it's better than 37.

Shahadan

You don't need to dl it btw, just copy/paste your live Data folder.

Tenebrous

Is this image stretched a bit horizontally, or is it just me?

1yJTXWC.jpg

When my GPU died, I went from 16:9 to 16:12. Now I've a new card here, I'm back at 16:9 and things look a tiny bit off - Especially the ElvUI enemy health bars which I should've screenshotted.

iirate

If you've downloaded the pre-patch for Live you can just copy and paste the folder over to the beta folder. Downloads like an extra gig but it's better than 37.

You don't need to dl it btw, just copy/paste your live Data folder.

Thanks for the heads up, I'm doing that right now ^_^

Is this image stretched a bit horizontally, or is it just me?

I'm not sure, but it looks stretched to me.

Loxley

11 years I've been playing this game and I just now got my first invitation to a BDSM guild.

Thank you Moon Guard, you are the gift that keeps on giving.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
I haven't played in a long time. Just made an arms warrior on PTR. Seems like I barely have any abilties...
Core is still the same number of abilities. Colossus Smash, Mortal Strike, Execute, Cleave, Whirlwind, Slam, Victory Rush, Battle Cry. If anything there's more activity, with Sweeping Strikes being subbed out for stuff like Cleave, and Battle Cry having a much shorter cooldown than Reck. Like every spec there are fewer defensives.

Shahadan

Wow this Disc Priest artifact scenario was definitely the best I've done yet. They even gave me an ally staying in the fire and forced me to dispell!

Milennia

it was painfully obvious it was the 19th, if not for historys sake then the fact that all the stars aligned with ptr release clients etc.

ONCE AGAIN for the umteenth time, this confirms if you see the 2 week notice, its coming on that day or that week barring MAJOR issues, especially if you see a release build on the ptr.\

also the new trend of 3 weeks for the CM notice, which has now happened twice

Oh man I'm so ready for the pre-patch. I actually expected it to be 1 week after the 19th just to have a week between the end of pvp season and the patch. So it's a happy surprise for me.

I ended up with a little over 10,000 Big Crates of Salvage. I didn't even log in to run garrison missions much for the past few months. Previously I had predicted I would have more than 20,000.

Anyway, can't wait. I'm about 90% set on maining a shaman for legion, but we'll see.

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
A bit boring that demon invasions, access to Demon Hunters and the Broken Shore scenario until a few weeks after the launch of the pre-expansion patch. Though I predict there will be exploits.

Great though the launch date of the pre-expansion patch finally has been announced.

Milennia

just going to copypasta the top reddit comment atm

"Father..is it over?"
"at long last, no garrison lives forever my son"
"I see only...mission tables before me.."

Magnus

Folks, weird question:

I noticed I was suddenly out of HD space, and realized every single Blizzard game on my HD is taking up double the room it's supposed to. My WoW program folder is 49gb, but on my uninstall screen it lists WoW as 98gb. The beta is 38gb, but reports on the uninstall screen as 76, etc. Same for Heroes, Hearthstone, Diablo III, and SC2. What gives?

Magnus

I just fired up the beta. I can't seem to figure out how to create a Demon Hunter, even after creating level 100 characters and logging into them first. What else do I need to do? Is there something specific I need to do to unlock the demon hunter starting experience?

Strimei

I just fired up the beta. I can't seem to figure out how to create a Demon Hunter, even after creating level 100 characters and logging into them first. What else do I need to do? Is there something specific I need to do to unlock the demon hunter starting experience?

If you're in beta, you should be able to create one with no requirements.

But, thinking on it, I believe I saw something about Blizzard testing for launch again, which likely means that DHs are currently disabled.

edit: Yeah, launch testing is going on, but I see nothing about DHs being disabled (and part of the launch testing involves order halls too so they should be available)

I'm ready for the ground floor of Legion. Got my Belf Retribution Paladin to 100, got my master license--which I won't even need for the forseeable future but it's nice to have--all hexweave bags on my toon, working on all hexweave for my bank tabs, been running Tanaan for gear and farming junk--Felblight, Medallions--to sell on the AH. Just doing random things to farm for gold while we wait for pre-patch.

I really like Hyjal so far. Even though it's a lower pop server, the current content is busy enough and the community there seems a little more calm and laid back versus what I've encountered elsewhere.

Lomax

I understand the Garrison hate (especially since I've played them a year less than most of you), but I really wish the nerf wasn't going to hit until Legion itself hit. There's basically going to be no reason at all to log in until the event starts in another two or three weeks.

Top Bottom