• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT7| Feel the hatred of 10,000 Murlocs

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
It's worth on average about 2.5 - 3x that.

Also how the fuck? Just the gold from leveling quests in Cata should've netted you a few thousand at the very least.

I gotta wonder if there's any correlation between spending/saving habits in WoW compared to people's real life financial acumen.
There was only one on the AH, so I undercut it a bit. Oh well!

Also, did leveling in Cata really net you that much gold? In my mind the maximum I had was around ~400 and I don't really spend money on AH stuff. That said, it was 8 years ago and I still remember how much time it took to get the gold required for the lv 40 mount in vanilla at first, so it's all kind of blurry. :)

biaxident

Do we know what multistrike is converting to on existing gear, is it random depending what other secondaries are on the gear? Or will each class convert differently?

Edit: Still had a copied character on ptr (disabled now) and checked out my hunter's multistrike, guess it's pretty random. Multistrike on him became Crit/Mastery/Haste pretty evenly.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
Do we know what multistrike is converting to on existing gear, is it random depending what other secondaries are on the gear? Or will each class convert differently?

my guess is it would be crit. and if crit is on there already, probably something random (i would guess versatility, but i'm reading it is most likely haste)

if you go to wowhead and find the item, click between live/legion and it'll show you what it is.

ampere

Edit: Still had a copied character on ptr (disabled now) and checked out my hunter's multistrike, guess it's pretty random. Multistrike on him became Crit/Mastery/Haste pretty evenly.

You can hop on wowhead to check individual pieces. Just search the piece and then hover over the "Legion" button in the upper right near the search box

http://www.wowhead.com/item=124222/world-enders-gorget&bonus=0

Mkbpdb4.png

biaxident

my guess is it would be crit. and if crit is on there already, probably something random (i would guess versatility, but i'm reading it is most likely haste)

if you go to wowhead and find the item, click between live/legion and it'll show you what it is.

Oh cool good to know, thanks.

Checked it out, doesn't help with baleful since they just got rid of 1/3 of the subtypes (savant, strategist, merciless, and all that), guess i'm waiting till tuesday to use my 3 695 boosts I had laying in banks around.

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
IMO Baleful's biggest issue is that the grind-cycle is geared towards weeks of Tanaan (or at least until you could theoretically get enough good rolls/empowerment things to get into mythics), but the gap between basic baleful, and HFC gear is crazy.

They did things (relatively) better back in Wrath with the 3 new ICC dungeons (232 gear, same as 10 man trial.), and to a lesser extent, with the cataclysm 3 as well, IIRC 378.

Mythics kinda-sorta work as the 'next step' after some empowered baleful, but have the recurring issue of the gear/ilevel inflation not wanting to take anyone under 710+ (at least in most instances) along.

Hell, even between my alt dk in empowered baleful and heroic gear (no ring) vs my main in full heroic and a few mythics with ring is like night and day.

Also how the fuck? Just the gold from leveling quests in Cata should've netted you a few thousand at the very least.

I gotta wonder if there's any correlation between spending/saving habits in WoW compared to people's real life financial acumen.
I doubt it. There's a lot of literature about cycles that keep poor people poor, even after an influx of money, that don't apply in games like this, usually. And if there is? I'm an outlier. RL poor as hell, terrible with money, but in twenty years or so of games-with-money, my status as dragon-with-treasure-pile is nigh legendary with my friends. I'm miserly and I play the market and I will mindlessly farm forever. In the real, though? Nope.

Shahadan

Yeah, its going on hiatus until they bring it back (and hopefully some new bosses).

I'm still not sure it's even coming back in Legion, but I'm pretty sure it won't be in its current form. Not enough people bothered or could go very far if I remember the numbers correctly.

That's all there is to be excited about for at least two weeks.

I'm looking forward to all of the people complaining about how their class and spec are busted for weeks because we don't have artifacts.

Decent gold gain through questing starts kicking in TBC but begins in earnest in WotLK. The problem is in order to earn that gold you to play every quest in every zone in those xpacs and most people aren't encouraged to do so because of how leveling currently functions.

Gold isn't a problem if you do loremaster runs, it's kind of a problem if you level naturally and always progress on to the next appropriate zone. It's bad if you level through dungeons, then gold starts to become a serious impediment.

StMeph

I'm still not sure it's even coming back in Legion, but I'm pretty sure it won't be in its current form. Not enough people bothered or could go very far if I remember the numbers correctly.

Brawler's Guild was great... in MoP. They brought it back in WoD with basically no changes to the encounters or rewards, and just made it easier.

I expect that had a large part to do with the lower engagement. I definitely felt like it was one of the best things added in MoP, so I hope it returns with all new encounters in Legion.

Shahadan

Brawler's Guild was great... in MoP. They brought it back in WoD with basically no changes to the encounters or rewards, and just made it easier.

I expect that had a large part to do with the lower engagement. I definitely felt like it was one of the best things added in MoP, so I hope it returns with all new encounters in Legion.

Yeah but I was talking about low participation in MoP :p
They brought it back with little change and shuffled the bosses order precisely because not enough people did it. (and that required less effort, yes)

I'm still not sure it was the best solution (also being in stormwind/orgrimmar probably doesn't help, and I still see people asking wtf is the brawler's guild) but I'm curious to see what they'll do about it.
Also should it be available early so people can overgear it to overcome difficulties, or should it be tuned to be challenging regardless?

The whole idea about watching others is also both cool and frustrating, not sure what they'll do about that either.

I'm looking forward to all of the people complaining about how their class and spec are busted for weeks because we don't have artifacts.

Yeah but they'll be right, specs are designed around artifacts. Some of them really feel like there is a button missing until you get your weapon.

Freeman76

So are there any items I could try and get to bring in some gold? This transmog thing sounds like it could generate some cash but i have no idea where to go for BoE items that people want.

Strimei

I could see it coming back late in the expansion, perhaps.

However it comes back, I just want it to be new instead of basically the same but shuffled a bit like it was. I had a lot of fun with it in MoP and barely beating Ahoo'ru by the timer, I would love another good challenge.

(though nothing like Nibbleh. Please, no more Nibbleh. I break out in a cold sweat thinking about that damn snake)

Sioen

I have some pretty bad performance on legion beta with drops to 35-40 in some zones and dalaran, will there be a performance update or has it already been done. I haven't played for almost 2 months but it still seems the same as then. And does anyone havve an idea what current wow graphics settings are in legion?

AlanOC91

Guys how do I even do brawlers guild? Kinda embarrassing since I did 80% of raid content in MOP and WOD along with a crap load of other stuff but I never figured out how to do brawlers guild.

Robin64

Guys how do I even do brawlers guild? Kinda embarrassing since I did 80% of raid content in MOP and WOD along with a crap load of other stuff but I never figured out how to do brawlers guild.

You need to get either a Blood-Soaked Invitation from the Black Market or a rare drop, or a Brawler's Pass from a friend who reached Rank 4 and still has it.

f0rk

Is there anything I should spend Primal Spirits on before the patch? I haven't done anything with them yet

And is there anything particularly cool I should make from WoD engineering? I have a Blingtron

Westlo

People are thirsty as fuck for enchants for the upcoming Illusions....Selling stacks of 10 Sha Crystals for 2500 each for example.... TBC Primal needed are ridic...

WIsh I had kept all my leftover raw gems from MOP lol....

Anyway I think I'll focus on a couple of Illusions and just sell mats for the rest, especially now... but hard to tell if they're peaking right now or in a few weeks... but going through each illusion...

Tome of Illusions: Azeroth - I'll sell mats, essences are way too high in price especially undeath and water... maybe I'll look into farming some if illusion price is sky high.

Tome of Illusions: Outland - Tough one, Void and Prismatic are easy to get, primals will gate this one... might be worth farming since selling the easy stuff won't make much... and this is like 4k worth of primals alone... could push the price for the enchant pretty high.

Tome of Illusions: Northrend - Sell enchant

Tome of Illusions: Cataclysm - Sell enchant

Tome of Illusions: Elemental Lords - Kinda don't want to sell the enchant because its gated behind rep... but other people might think the same way.... and mats wise this is easy and I'm well stocked right now.

Tome of Illusions: Pandaria - I'm selling Sha Crystals right now because getting 200-250g each is pretty ridic lol.

Tome of Illusions: Secrets of the Shado-Pan - Gated behind Shado-Pan but no bigger already did that shit for dem MOP $$$ makers in Dancing Steel and Jade Spirit. Just wish my Warrior Transmute was the same faction as my enchanter... (especially since I bought a shitload of golden lotus last night) now if I can make 2 months worth of gametokens I might faction change....

Tome of Illusions: Draenor - I have a heap of crystals, and air and water... f all blood... might set up a barn, play this one by ear.

Think I'll try and combine mount hunting with getting shards/crystals, 2 birds with one stone.

Tenebrous

Alright, so now it's my turn to ask a silly transmog question.

My twink account I reactivated has a lot of cool stuff, but because some of the iLvls have changed, a lot of it, despite being BoE/BoP and Soulbound, I can't equip.

Will I unlock these?

StMeph

Yeah but I was talking about low participation in MoP :p
They brought it back with little change and shuffled the bosses order precisely because not enough people did it. (and that required less effort, yes)

I'm still not sure it was the best solution (also being in stormwind/orgrimmar probably doesn't help, and I still see people asking wtf is the brawler's guild) but I'm curious to see what they'll do about it.
Also should it be available early so people can overgear it to overcome difficulties, or should it be tuned to be challenging regardless?

I don't think people should be allowed to overgear stuff in general, including Kanrethad, Brawler's Guild, and any other for-fun/cosmetic/flavor event that was intended to be challenging, but obviously Blizzard disagrees to varying degrees depending on the content in question.

Tarazet

I finished brawlers guild this expansion. Any cool shit I should buy before it goes away Tuesday?

The mushan for sure, and the BoA agility claws. I had to do BG again this season because I forgot to buy the mushan the first time, but doing the fights as a Balance Druid was hilariously trivial with the stupendous opening burst they have.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
I'm almost convinced I could make more profits selling mats now rather than wait for the tomes to be available

Maybe.

Thinking about how I'm gonna be able to do all the enchant tomes from DEing the Tmog stuff I have saved up. Gonna be pretty simple.

Back to the discussions of gear/players not learning their classes: I think the zerg approach to dungeons here isn't so much a matter of gear/carrying people as it is of teaching very bad habits. People don't move out of the fire/poison/whatever and very few groups approach any strategy(hiding during certain boss moments, etc). They just expect the healer to heal through it. What are they learning or practicing there? Plenty seemingly experienced players doing this. Husband and I were discussing it last night.

ch0mp

Back to the discussions of gear/players not learning their classes: I think the zerg approach to dungeons here isn't so much a matter of gear/carrying people as it is of teaching very bad habits. People don't move out of the fire/poison/whatever and very few groups approach any strategy(hiding during certain boss moments, etc). They just expect the healer to heal through it. What are they learning or practicing there? Plenty seemingly experienced players doing this. Husband and I were discussing it last night.
Mechanics not punishing enough? Not dying from them means they get lazy and let the healer deal with it in my experience.

Milennia

Healers have been overpowered in dungeons for a long time, and the expectation that they will just carry you is just implanted in everyones mind at this point

i mean there are a ton of factors, especially late into an expansion where its not only the expectation of the healer but also the dps being geared because there has been so much time to do so

its fine to be honest, people dont do such things in raid environments because the mechanics will usually just kill you

next xpac you can just mythic+ if you are someone who enjoys dungeon challenge and coordination, you wont be able to plow through that for a good while, 11+ that is

the game doesnt go out of its way to teach people to avoid mechanics anymore, i mean lfr is also an example of that since nothing does damage, they just pick up the mindset on their own as they get better when you can take damage and when you cant

sometimes its ok to stand in bad if the damage is worth it and has a meaningful impact on a boss

as i mentioned, people get better on their own and are eventually able to do differentiate, even healers

they see people doing normal,heroic,mythic raids or dungeons and say to themselves ok i want to do that

and thats usually when it changes for them, they will still stand in bad in dungeons but it really doesnt matter because the stuff does no damage and healers dont care and can deal with it

good players wont stand in all bad unless they know they can is what im saying essentially

good players wont stand in all bad unless they know they can is what im saying essentially

But there is no way for newer players to know the difference without a meta approach. I don't disagree with anything you're saying - but earlier in the thread, people were complaining about gear and shit with leveling players, and honestly, I think this is a bigger problem. People trained to do their jobs properly (standing in the right place, watching mechanics, not standing in the fire) can make up for a couple greens. And what if it's the healer who's the new player? I also feel for the raid groups who try to teach these people who've been trained that way how to raid. You're asking them to break a hundred levels of LOL WHO CARE ABOUT THE FIRE LOL. Why play one way for 100 levels and then shift completely?

This game is making me feel old and crotchety.

The mushan for sure, and the BoA agility claws. I had to do BG again this season because I forgot to buy the mushan the first time, but doing the fights as a Balance Druid was hilariously trivial with the stupendous opening burst they have.
Yeah I got both of those. Preciate it.

Milennia

But there is no way for newer players to know the difference without a meta approach. I don't disagree with anything you're saying - but earlier in the thread, people were complaining about gear and shit with leveling players, and honestly, I think this is a bigger problem. People trained to do their jobs properly (standing in the right place, watching mechanics, not standing in the fire) can make up for a couple greens. And what if it's the healer who's the new player? I also feel for the raid groups who try to teach these people who've been trained that way how to raid. You're asking them to break a hundred levels of LOL WHO CARE ABOUT THE FIRE LOL. Why play one way for 100 levels and then shift completely?

This game is making me feel old and crotchety.

im trying to approach what youre saying as a new player leveling up (its been about 8 years) and much has changed since then, but back during bc etc. the game did try and teach players to not stand in bad

at some point i would say around the time they nerfed the cata heroics that ended, at least for undergeared players early on

these people have to essentially force themselves to play better if they want to do better content, thats how the game forces the curve these days, multiple tiers

if all they care about is heroics and lfr they very well may just stay bad or ignorant

id like to think most people who do want to continue exploring the games content do get better though as i mentioned

theres no way of knowing for sure really

Repo Man

Decided to dust off my first ever character, a gnome warrior which I've had since the launch of vanilla and been having a blast playing as fury. Last time I properly played fury was at the end of vanilla and its great to see the spec still plays and feels a good deal like it did back then.

A question to those who have been in the Legion beta, are there still things like treasures and small events to find and come across in the zones like in WoD ? Thats definately one of the aspects I enjoyed in WoD questing.

Milennia

Decided to dust off my first ever character, a gnome warrior which I've had since the launch of vanilla and been having a blast playing as fury. Last time I properly played fury was at the end of vanilla and its great to see the spec still plays and feels a good deal like it did back then.

A question to those who have been in the Legion beta, are there still things like treasures and small events to find and come across in the zones like in WoD ? Thats definately one of the aspects I enjoyed in WoD questing.

yep legion has those and warrior is really fun next expac

Westlo

The mats are a gold mine right now.... just bought out like 35 sha crystals between 110-180g, selling them in seven lots of 5 for 1500g each.... easy 1 minute flip to turn 5600g spent into 10500g minus auction cut.

I just don't know if I go all in selling mats now or hold some for enchants.... but looking at the prices for the mats people are stocking up big time, might flood the market....

People will be silly to buy that stuff Day 1....

Top Bottom