• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT7| Feel the hatred of 10,000 Murlocs

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
The super powerful weapon your class/spec gets going in to Legion content, such as Ashbringer or Doomhammer.

so everyone gets that, even alts? its like baked into the story?

ampere

so everyone gets that, even alts? its like baked into the story?

Yeah and there are ~6 different models and 4 colors for each model for all the artifacts that you can unlock.

You socket relics in them to upgrade the ilevel, so relics are like the new weapon drops

Yeah and there are ~6 different models and 4 colors for each model for all the artifacts that you can unlock.

You socket relics in them to upgrade the ilevel, so relics are like the new weapon drops

So I'll be using one weapon throughout Legion?

Yep. One weapon that you can socket gems into that raise its ilvl/dps and has its own talent system.

Can't tell if that's a good or bad thing but I literally haven't read up on anything about Legion and I've been away from the game over a year now. This should be interesting.

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
Sucks cause I came back one week too late basically. Made about 12k this week. One more week and I could have grabbed another token around 40k but now itll probably spike to like 80 with everyone coming back. Ill just keep the characters farming for when it drops back down..but with all the garrison/drop nerfs itll be much slower.

Although the transmog purge on Tuesday is going to be insane. I just wish I could use demon hunter for all this prepatch stuff.

HooYaH

Urge to play and get the Xpac, but I just know I'll lvl up one of my toons to 110 and then quit until the next Xpac. Maybe I'll just wait until they give away free Legion.

I've logged in the last couple nights and leveled a new character to 20 to see if I want to give the game another shot and am still undecided. I still have my level 90 upgrade from the last expansion to use.

I was kind of surprised to see the expansion is $50. Does it at least come with 30 days gametime on lapsed accounts?

Jira

I've logged in the last couple nights and leveled a new character to 20 to see if I want to give the game another shot and am still undecided. I still have my level 90 upgrade from the last expansion to use.

I was kind of surprised to see the expansion is $50. Does it at least come with 30 days gametime on lapsed accounts?

Your class is going to change tomorrow so wait around until then.

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.

No.

Damn I come back to realize I have no money to buy those potions to quick level

my druid has like 1800 gold and thats it

3500 across 10 characters :|

cdyhybrid

Damn I come back to realize I have no money to buy those potions to quick level

my druid has like 1800 gold and thats it

3500 across 10 characters :|
Not really any point to rushing to 110. You have to do all the zones to unlock world quests, and the zones scale with your level. Doing all 4 leveling zones will get you to 110.

Not really any point to rushing to 110. You have to do all the zones to unlock world quests, and the zones scale with your level. Doing all 4 leveling zones will get you to 110.

I meant to get my druid to 100 first

He's the last one I care about getting there

I think im gonna use my free 100 either on a rogue or pally though so I probably wont even play him for a while

Strimei

Feels a bit weird to realize that tonight's the last time I'm really going to be doing all my follower missions. Though, that does remind me, does anyone know if the missions that have the Highmaul/Blackrock Foundry loot crates will remain?

I've never been much of a raider but those things have allowed me to cobble together a couple full transmog sets of some of the normal tiers, so would like to continue.

No you don't get game time with the expansion. And it's $50 because there's a slight premium for the character boost. Otherwise the sheer amount of new content you get at expansion launch is more than most new games in terms of how much time you get out of it.

Lomax

No, it's honestly a terrible deal that they get away with by basically making the game unplayably pointless if you don't buy it (and you get a "free" 100 boost "worth" $60). If you happen to be sitting on a bunch of gold on your account though you can at least pay for your monthly sub that way.

I have 2600 Big Crates of Salvage. Is there any difference opening them now or tomorrow? I've been saving them for transmog stuff.

You'll make more gold today selling the follower upgrades, but tomorrow you can instantly equip and sell stuff so your hassle will presumably be lessened somewhat.

Feels a bit weird to realize that tonight's the last time I'm really going to be doing all my follower missions. Though, that does remind me, does anyone know if the missions that have the Highmaul/Blackrock Foundry loot crates will remain?

I've never been much of a raider but those things have allowed me to cobble together a couple full transmog sets of some of the normal tiers, so would like to continue.

They seem unchanged on wowhead.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Just got all the siege of org achievements, finally got best proto drake.

biaxident

All salvage crates opened and all smuggled sacks bought on all toons, feels good. So grove warden is still obtainable till launch right? Some are askin for 40k on my server and thought that was highish.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Can't believe Blizzard isn't capable of typing up legit patch notes. Their communication to the player base is still horrendous. Had one of my friends tell me they were going to buy like 900 tomes today so they'd still be able to change talents after the patch. The class changes linking to the outrageously outdated design goals is absurd. This is one of the biggest patches with some of the most dramatic changes the game has ever seen and they can't even type up basic notes on what is going on.

ampere

Can't believe Blizzard isn't capable of typing up legit patch notes. Their communication to the player base is still horrendous. Had one of my friends tell me they were going to buy like 900 tomes today so they'd still be able to change talents after the patch. The class changes linking to the outrageously outdated design goals is absurd. This is one of the biggest patches with some of the most dramatic changes the game has ever seen and they can't even type up basic notes on what is going on.

It's pretty funny. They're like "Check out our class preview logs(sic)" and those are extremely outdated and inaccurate. They did go back and update a few things (mostly by deleting entire sections that were out of date instead of updating them, 2 Monk specs have 0 abilities listed in the preview now)

I still think it was crazy to do a major overhaul for 90% of the specs this expac. Way more work than was necessary

cdyhybrid

It's pretty funny. They're like "Check out our class preview logs(sic)" and those are extremely outdated and inaccurate. They did go back and update a few things (mostly by deleting entire sections that were out of date instead of updating them, 2 Monk specs have 0 abilities listed in the preview now)

I still think it was crazy to do a major overhaul for 90% of the specs this expac. Way more work than was necessary

Especially when a lot of them didn't need it.

Andiie

Unconfirmed Member
This is the most effort I've put into being prepared for an expansion pre-patch. Some of it was really daft stuff like screenshoting every skill tooltip and talent so I know exactly what changed. Not that it ever mattered but when I've wanted to know that stuff in the past it was always hard to come by.

Every item with value from WoD has been sold, most resources are gone, work orders are done with, no long garrison missions coming in etc. I know there's still a month of WoD to go but once I get all the transmog gear sorted I should have close to a clean slate for Legion's release and for things that are actually fun and relevant.

I'll also go into Legion with around 2.3m gold which I'm happy about. In May I made half a million over 4 chars and could have made another million in the last two but it wore out my patience. I'm still not sure if I'd be comfortable throwing most of it away on that spider mount. It does look incredible though.

cdyhybrid

This is the most effort I've put into being prepared for an expansion pre-patch. Some of it was really daft stuff like screenshoting every skill tooltip and talent so I know exactly what changed. Not that it ever mattered but when I've wanted to know that stuff in the past it was always hard to come by.

Every item with value from WoD has been sold, most resources are gone, work orders are done with, no long garrison missions coming in etc. I know there's still a month of WoD to go but once I get all the transmog gear sorted I should have close to a clean slate for Legion's release and for things that are actually fun and relevant.

I'll also go into Legion with around 2.3m gold which I'm happy about. In May I made half a million over 4 chars and could have made another million in the last two but it wore out my patience. I'm still not sure if I'd be comfortable throwing most of it away on that spider mount. It does look incredible though.

Spider is love. Spider is life.

dimb

I think changing everything is important to setting a new baseline of what classes should and shouldn't do. Probably goes too far in a few cases but this kind of reset is valuable, and needs to stretch across everything.

Magnus

The more I think about it, the more I'd be inclined to pick the game up again and level an alt from scratch or go adventuring out in the world every day on a max level character ....if I could use a controller. Other MMOs have scaled back to that control scheme for non-raiding/PVP content, right?

I'm already a PC comfy couch gamer with a sweet KB/mouse from Razer, but there's something different about playing with a controller imo. I can literally lie down and relax more.

The1Ski

So I'm crazy late to the party with this game but I've been playing for the last week. I'm really digging it but...

I've got a lvl 53 beast master hunter and I feel like I'm missing so much of the game. I have no idea what I'm doing with professions. I'm skipping entire zones because I'm out-leveling them so quick. I spend most of my time in dungeons because I'm already burned out on "kill x number of whatever" quests. But at the same time I feel like I'm getting almost no story.

I'm leveling but I don't feel like I'm progressing. I suppose that's what alts are for? Trying new stuff?

Don't get me wrong, I'm enjoying my time and having a good amount of fun. I just feel like I'm missing a ton of stuff.

Fjordson

How many months until WoD is considered cool?
WoD already has some good stuff about it imo. The zones were fun to level through, the music and art is all beautiful, and a good number of the raid bosses were good. Just overall it felt a bit light and all the Garrison stuff was super boring.

Shahadan

Yeah WoD had good parts, it's just amusing because I remember asking "how long before MoP is considered cool?" back then and people said "never" as well :p
Though this time I'm not really expecting people to look back and miss draenor.

So I'm crazy late to the party with this game but I've been playing for the last week. I'm really digging it but...

I've got a lvl 53 beast master hunter and I feel like I'm missing so much of the game. I have no idea what I'm doing with professions. I'm skipping entire zones because I'm out-leveling them so quick. I spend most of my time in dungeons because I'm already burned out on "kill x number of whatever" quests. But at the same time I feel like I'm getting almost no story.

I'm leveling but I don't feel like I'm progressing. I suppose that's what alts are for? Trying new stuff?

Don't get me wrong, I'm enjoying my time and having a good amount of fun. I just feel like I'm missing a ton of stuff.

Well, you are missing a ton of stuff. Skipping zones and quests is the best way to wonder wtf is going on for the rest of your time.
That said, you can't be expected to complete every old zone as you're levelling, especially with how fast you gain xp. Either don't worry about it or go back later with your max leveld character or alts and follow some zones questlines to the end. most are pretty fun.

Now beware, at lvl 58 you'll be sent to Outland for 10 levels, this is the oldest, ugliest and worst part of the game. I'd argue you should mostly do dungeons there (and BC timewalking is up later this week so you'll find groups easily) if you don't want to go mad with quest items low drop rates and absurd amounts of stuff to collect or kill.

At level 68 you're sent to Northrend and you could follow the story there. Pretty compelling and mostly its own thing.

dimb

The game kind of has to channel players to the newest content. It's sort of unfortunate, but if players weren't pushed through the older zones it would simply take too long for them to discover the fresher and more well designed leveling content, where things like the profession systems can actually be implemented properly.

Lomax

The more I think about it, the more I'd be inclined to pick the game up again and level an alt from scratch or go adventuring out in the world every day on a max level character ....if I could use a controller. Other MMOs have scaled back to that control scheme for non-raiding/PVP content, right?

I'm already a PC comfy couch gamer with a sweet KB/mouse from Razer, but there's something different about playing with a controller imo. I can literally lie down and relax more.

Not exactly the solution you're looking for, but I've heard people have used the Steam controller with some success. Probably depends widely on the class though.

1337Sauce

Sorry if it has been answered, but will the PvP gear changes also somehow transfer over to World PvP? Or will it still be based on gear stats outside of organized PvP?

I'm an expert

WoD>WotLK>Cata (as in best to worst) if we rating the bad xpacs.

MoP average and TBC too godlike to even have that discussion.

World pvp is still an ffa based on gear, no pvp stats.

Tenebrous

WoD>WotLK>Cata (as in best to worst) if we rating the bad xpacs.

MoP average and TBC too godlike to even have that discussion.

World pvp is still an ffa based on gear, no pvp stats.

Wrath wasn't a bad expansion. Literally never met a single person of that opinion.

TBC > MoP = Wrath > Cata >= WoD

I'm an expert

Wrath was the death of wow. People think it was cata, but the insane burnout from the wotlk drought, the mass welfare epics, the acceptance of bad pugs, the avoidance of pvp balance, the dawn of official ilvl. It was the breaking point. Also the zones and leveling are trash, I dont think Ive ever even been to the random jungle zone in the top left of the map. The only redeeming thing is the lore.

Tenebrous

Wrath was the death of wow. People think it was cata, but the insane burnout from the wotlk drought, the mass welfare epics, the acceptance of bad pugs, the avoidance of pvp balance, the dawn of official ilvl. It was the breaking point. Also the zones and leveling are trash, I dont think Ive ever even been to the random jungle zone in the top left of the map. The only redeeming thing is the lore.

You mention everything but the biggest problem Wrath gave us.

Wrath gave us the Dungeon Finder...

Top Bottom