• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT7| Feel the hatred of 10,000 Murlocs

Shahadan

The boss section is really not fun to read and sometimes isn't even worded in a clear way. Finding what differences there are in some other difficulty mode is absurdly painful.

I can't really fault people for not reading it. Good idea, annoying to use, like many things in this game.

Edit: Not talking about the front page, but the boss abilities page which is often important to read if you want to understand wtf is going on

Godan

So does everyone get pre patch at the same time. Like will it open up the same time for EU and NA or do we get it in EU first like the way new expansions are?

Robin64

So does everyone get pre patch at the same time. Like will it open up the same time for EU and NA or do we get it in EU first like the way new expansions are?

EU gets it on the 20th. It's just normal patch timing.

The expansion itself will unlock earlier for EU thanks to timezones, though.

Boogdud

So gold missions go away Tuesday but no Demon Hunters for like 4 weeks.

I wonder if I can stretch out cleaning out all the transmog shit in my banks for four weeks.

Seriously, I mean we all knew what blizzard would do with DH "early access" (likely access to the class 48/24 hours before launch) but part of me thought they might give access during the pre-patch, especially since every other class is completely overhauled.

I'll probably just nerd out for a couple weeks at least doing build/class tests trying to figure out if I want to go back to melee or stay ranged for main. Then whittling it down from rogue/dk/dh for melee, or hunter/shadowpriest if ranged.

It would be nice to see some 110 impressions though, because right now it feels like we're playing 1/3 of a class and it's really hard to judge.

Saying goodbye to a couple good friends. Pve: Marksman Hunter, you were a pretty awesome spec and you made everything easy. Pvp: Goodbye Burst of Speed, you were my favorite.

Repo Man

Saying goodbye to a couple good friends. Pve: Marksman Hunter, you were a pretty awesome spec and you made everything easy.

Wait... what's happening to MM ? I've intentionally kept myself in the dark to some degree with this expansion and was planning on using a level 100 boost and maining a gnome MM hunter but if its crap then I may have to consider playing something else.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Got two of the pain in the ass Throne of Thunder meta achievements done last night (Ji'Kun and Durumu) so next reset all we have left is one last lei-shen kill for the 4th conduit and a few resets on the trash before Animus for the "kill all 24 named mogu" achievement.

Then I get to fly on a dinosaur.

Lanrutcon

Got two of the pain in the ass Throne of Thunder meta achievements done last night (Ji'Kun and Durumu) so next reset all we have left is one last lei-shen kill for the 4th conduit and a few resets on the trash before Animus for the "kill all 24 named mogu" achievement.

Then I get to fly on a dinosaur unless I want to join the rest of us in Legion Land.

:p

AlanOC91

Trying to solo Nefarion 25m HC as an Arcane Mage seems overly difficult. Could only get him to the last quarter of his HP before being killed.

Should have just specced frost.

Tacitus_

So I used LFR and "raided" for the first time tonight, because fuck it, why not. Turned out I had queued for the very last fight in HFC, it was a total shitshow buuuut kinda fun. Glad I had thumbed through the adventure's guide a bit before hopping in, so I at least had an idea of what was going on. I could see why an experienced player may dislike that though, it was such a gongshow. People not killing the Doom Spirits and the banishing thing were kinda funny.

Archimonde is still the biggest shitshow even though the raid has been out for what, a year? Somehow people can't grasp the mechanics on it at all. Or rather, won't bother even trying to learn them.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Last day of the gold mine that is the Garrison huh?

Does anyone know if I send followers to do gold missions before the patch, if i'll still be able to grab the rewards once it's live? I would hate to lose on a potential 4k gold reward if I happen to get this in the next 24 hours.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Last day of the gold mine that is the Garrison huh?

Does anyone know if I send followers to do gold missions before the patch, if i'll still be able to grab the rewards once it's live? I would hate to lose on a potential 4k gold reward if I happen to get this in the next 24 hours.

You'll still get the reward as long as you sent them before the patch

Tarazet

Wasn't he the asshole with the death drops, sentient fire and silence water?

You can't outgear gravity, folks.

During the banish phase there is a Void Star that will punt whoever runs into it. That and standing in the fire are the clear winners in terms of causing deaths. They even put a haze on your screen if you're standing in the fire!!

Entropia

No One Remembers
So what do I need to do tonight exactly?

1. Trading Post - Convert GRs for the money bags?
2. Open Unopened Salvage Crates to sell the Follower Upgrades?
3. Sell any other follower upgrades I happen to have?
4. Start any Gold generating garrison missions?

Tacitus_

Wasn't he the asshole with the death drops, sentient fire and silence water?

You can't outgear gravity, folks.

TBC version, yeah. The WoD version has floating balls that spread fire all over the place if not killed, a tank add that needs to be killed (+ tank swaps) so it doesn't kill the tank and the last phase has adds you need to kill and teleports people to a different place where they need to kill stuff to get back.

I've noped straight out of LFR a couple of times on my alts lately when no one would do any of those. P2 wipes yayyy

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
So what do I need to do tonight exactly?

1. Trading Post - Convert GRs for the money bags?
2. Open Unopened Salvage Crates to sell the Follower Upgrades?
3. Sell any other follower upgrades I happen to have?
4. Start any Gold generating garrison missions?

sounds about right. make sure to do jc daily if you have the building.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
are there patch notes for the pre-xpac patch? will it include the new class changes for example?

edit: nvm say right in the luncher that it does

Boogdud

Wait... what's happening to MM ? I've intentionally kept myself in the dark to some degree with this expansion and was planning on using a level 100 boost and maining a gnome MM hunter but if its crap then I may have to consider playing something else.

Well... to be fair, I'm talking about level 100, which may not be indicative of how good it is at 110 with full artifact, etc. But at 100 it's pretty lackluster.

General
Removed
Aspect of the Pact - now gone
Camouflage - now Marksmanship and Survival talent
Counter Shot - now Beast Mastery and Marksmanship
Deterrence - now gone
Explosive Trap - now Survival
Freezing Trap - now Survival
Ice Trap - now gone
Master’s Call - now gone
Steady Shot - now gone
Tranquilizing Shot - now gone
Trap Launcher - now gone
Trueshot Aura - now gone
Steady Shot - now gone
Concussive Shot - now Beast Mastery and Marksmanship
Misdirection: Now Beast Mastery, Marksmanship.
Multi-Shot: Now Beast Mastery, Marksmanship.

Marksman:
Changes
Lock and Load
Chimaera Shot - now Beast Mastery only.
Aimed Shot
Bombardment
Removed
Focusing Shot - Removed
Rapid Fire - Removed
Careful Aim - Removed
Lethal Shots - Removed

The rotation is basically, Arcane shot over and over and over and over until you get a proc for hunters mark, which makes the target vulneralbe then you can get an extra damage aimed shot (or piercing shot). That's pretty much it aside from your flavor crows, etc. Aimed shot seems completely worthless atm, it does almost the same damage as arcane, but it's 1.5 second cast and you have to be stationary where arcane is instant. Even with the vulnerable debuff it's barely worth it.

The spec seems to be kind of a mess right now, I thought WoD was pretty good for MM if not a little boring, this new MM takes it to another level. But like I said, maybe at 110 things are better?

Manoko

Quick question: I'm looking into recruiting a friend who simply launched and played the game a few hours a few months ago, which if I understood correctly, doesn't agrees with the conditions for the program to be able to recruit her (the starter edition account must be younger than 30 days).

I want to know if any of you found an alternative to this, I mean, would it be possible for her to create another battle.net account, or simply a new WoW account if I bought her the game, so that we could benefit from the recruit a friend bonuses while still having her World of Warcraft account on her regular Battle.net account ?

Thanks a lot for the insight.

Milennia

Well... to be fair, I'm talking about level 100, which may not be indicative of how good it is at 110 with full artifact, etc. But at 100 it's pretty lackluster.

General
Removed
Aspect of the Pact - now gone
Camouflage - now Marksmanship and Survival talent
Deterrence - now gone
Explosive Trap - now Survival
Freezing Trap - now Survival
Ice Trap - now gone
Master’s Call - now gone
Steady Shot - now gone
Tranquilizing Shot - now gone
Trap Launcher - now gone
Trueshot Aura - now gone
Steady Shot - now gone

Marksman:
Changes
Lock and Load
Chimaera Shot - now Beast Mastery only.
Aimed Shot
Bombardment
Removed
Focusing Shot - Removed
Rapid Fire - Removed
Careful Aim - Removed
Lethal Shots - Removed

The rotation is basically, Arcane shot over and over and over and over until you get a proc for hunters mark, which makes the target vulneralbe then you can get an extra damage aimed shot (or piercing shot). That's pretty much it aside from your flavor crows, etc. Aimed shot seems completely worthless atm, it does almost the same damage as arcane, but it's 1.5 second cast and you have to be stationary where arcane is instant. Even with the vulnerable debuff it's barely worth it.

The spec seems to be kind of a mess right now, I thought WoD was pretty good for MM if not a little boring, this new MM takes it to another level. But like I said, maybe at 110 things are better?

Its still a terribly dull spec to play at 110, so nothing changes there.

However they do SHIT LOADS of damage.

Tacitus_

Quick question: I'm looking into recruiting a friend who simply launched and played the game a few hours a few months ago, which if I understood correctly, doesn't agrees with the conditions for the program to be able to recruit her (the starter edition account must be younger than 30 days).

I want to know if any of you found an alternative to this, I mean, would it be possible for her to create another battle.net account, or simply a new WoW account if I bought her the game, so that we could benefit from the recruit a friend bonuses while still having her World of Warcraft account on her regular Battle.net account ?

Thanks a lot for the insight.

They should be able to just create a new WoW account under that Bnet account if you want RAF benefits. At most, creating a new Bnet will be required, but IIRC you can even RAF yourself under the same Bnet account.

Manoko

They should be able to just create a new WoW account under that Bnet account if you want RAF benefits. At most, creating a new Bnet will be required, but IIRC you can even RAF yourself under the same Bnet account.

How can she do that ? By simply gifting her the game ?
I'm afraid of it simply upgrading her already existing starter edition, which wouldn't allow for the RAF benefits.

I told her to submit a ticket to delete her current Wow Starter Edition account, hoping that when that's done, I can invite her on her regular Battle.net account (the same) and it would create a new Starter Edition account automatically with the RAF benefits enabled.

Lomax

How can she do that ? By simply gifting her the game ?
I'm afraid of it simply upgrading her already existing starter edition, which wouldn't allow for the RAF benefits.

I told her to submit a ticket to delete her current Wow Starter Edition account, hoping that when that's done, I can invite her on her regular Battle.net account (the same) and it would create a new Starter Edition account automatically with the RAF benefits enabled.

She doesn't even have to delete it, if you send her the invitation she can just active that account on her battle.net account and use it. She just has to select the new one.

Varjis

Re-upped and Logged in for the first time in months for the pre-patch. Decided to take my Rogue to BT again cause why not right? Illidan was so happy to see me he gave me the offhand Wairglaive and Shard of Azzinoth!

Seriously RNG? Farming that shit for years and I finally get it on a whim right before Legion..

Manoko

She doesn't even have to delete it, if you send her the invitation she can just active that account on her battle.net account and use it. She just has to select the new one.

Alright thanks, that's a relief.
I hope this will work, will try this weekend.

Just to be sure I understood, what do you mean by "She just has to select the new one." ?
That way I can guide her and she won't make any mistake.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Got to 45 during the long weekend, not bad for a first character in years on a new server, I guess. Hopefully I can get all the way to 100 before Legion hits, shouldn't be that hard. I still have that lv 100 boost from the preorder, but will probably use it on a mage, since that was my main in the past.

Think I am going to open all my Salvage Crates tonight just for the sell price change to follower equipment and just funnel all the BoE's I get to my bank alt. Opening over a thousand should be a fun time.....

Jusoni

You guys opening thousands of salvage boxes are cray cray! I opened fifty boxes one time and I was like "oh god I can't take this anymore" :D

Archimonde is still the biggest shitshow even though the raid has been out for what, a year? Somehow people can't grasp the mechanics on it at all. Or rather, won't bother even trying to learn them.

The banishing mechanic was the funniest because people would get hit with it and then take others out with them despite the time delay and warning. Like tanks and healers. People were even sort of ignoring the Doomfire Orb things despite the persistent fire they leave on the ground and the raid leader spamming ADDS, ADDS, ADDS on the screen. That group/sequence ended up being a revolving door so I dialed it back to Highmaul (I think that's the name) after a few wipes on Archimonde so I could work my way up through to and through HFC.

After running it a few times, I sorta get the disdain more experienced players have for LFR because it can be a complete and utter gongshow. At the same time I wouldn't have seen the WoD raids without it, now I won't be reticent to try LFR and maybe proper raiding in Legion and do whatever artifact quests there are tied to it.

I've been messing around with discipline priest and arms warrior on beta and having a lot of fun with both of them. I've never played them on live so I can't compare but disc has fantastic survivability while also being able to kill things quickly. Arms feels the same way. Definitely two specs I'll be playing at some point in Legion, assuming they stay the same.

ampere

You guys opening thousands of salvage boxes are cray cray! I opened fifty boxes one time and I was like "oh god I can't take this anymore" :D

I got rid of my salvage yards last year because it was so boring and time consuming

Not worth the gold to me

I've been messing around with discipline priest and arms warrior on beta and having a lot of fun with both of them. I've never played them on live so I can't compare but disc has fantastic survivability while also being able to kill things quickly. Arms feels the same way. Definitely two specs I'll be playing at some point in Legion, assuming they stay the same.

If you're going to roll a Priest in Legion, you have to try Shadow. That spec looks legitimately bonkers.

If you're going to roll a Priest in Legion, you have to try Shadow. That spec looks legitimately bonkers.

I played around with it a couple of months ago on beta and, maybe things have changed, but despite it being a dps spec I feel like I kill things a lot faster as disc. Plus, disc has better survivability.

So with the gold mission nerf tomorrow, is there any reason to keep track of your garrison at all anymore? Is there anything that will be relevant from it in Legion?

I'm thinking of letting it decay and returning to chilling in Orgrimmar for the next month.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
So with the gold mission nerf tomorrow, is there any reason to keep track of your garrison at all anymore? Is there anything that will be relevant from it in Legion?

I'm thinking of letting it decay and returning to chilling in Orgrimmar for the next month.

I think you can still get the odd pet/mount mission if you don't have those yet. Maybe the rare mark of the legion/champions honor too? Not sure if those are being removed from Garrison missions tomorrow.

Lomax

Tracking the once a week missions in case you hit a mount is probably still worthwhile. But otherwise they've been pretty thorough from what it seems. I mean, you could still make a small profit on resource to mats conversion, but it's going to be a fraction of what it was and probably not worth the time.

Freeman76

So what is changing with garrisons in this patch? I just levelled a MM hunter and pimped out my garrison, and what im reading makes me want to delete this fucking game

Jag

I think you can still get the odd pet/mount mission if you don't have those yet. Maybe the rare mark of the legion/champions honor too? Not sure if those are being removed from Garrison missions tomorrow.

I bought a couple cheap mission mounts this week for 50g if they don't want to bother.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Legion comes with a 100 boost? thats ok I guess. Did they nerf the xp needed to get to 100 in warlords or is it still the same?

I think (99% sure) I only had one 100 this time around before stopping, it was probably the xpac I played the least, but I guess with a boost I can get another, a demon hunter should be fast to lvl up to 100, and if I resub for the pre patch I would probbaly level something up to 100 to revisit the warlords content which I cant remember for the life of me

chris-013

I didn't play since WotLK and I left FF14 for one year now... maybe it's time to resub with Legion !

So Demon Hunter... I heard I must have a lv70 character to unlock it ?
What about professions/gatherings ? Will I need to unlock all the recipe/mining from level 1 ?

Entropia

No One Remembers
Legion comes with a 100 boost? thats ok I guess. Did they nerf the xp needed to get to 100 in warlords or is it still the same?

I think (99% sure) I only had one 100 this time around before stopping, it was probably the xpac I played the least, but I guess with a boost I can get another, a demon hunter should be fast to lvl up to 100, and if I resub for the pre patch I would probbaly level something up to 100 to revisit the warlords content which I cant remember for the life of me

They haven't nerfed it directly, however you might be able to procure a potion that you can use that makes 90-100 take no time at all.

Top Bottom