• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT7| Feel the hatred of 10,000 Murlocs

Shahadan

I visited almost all class halls and mine is the worst so far ;(
Interesting idea and visually okay, but so flat and empty

I didn't play since WotLK and I left FF14 for one year now... maybe it's time to resub with Legion !

So Demon Hunter... I heard I must have a lv70 character to unlock it ?
What about professions/gatherings ? Will I need to unlock all the recipe/mining from level 1 ?

Apparently yes like death knight :s
I've saved up a few thousand leathers for mine.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
They haven't nerfed it directly, however you might be able to procure a potion that you can use that makes 90-100 take no time at all.

yeah a friend just told me about those...I assume thats a real money thing? not spending cash on boosts fuck that

oh and OH SNAP they made survival hunters melee? thats super dope,

edit: and combat rogues use guns now? :eek:

Raxious

Mmm, got an email with Legion stuff in it, and for some reason, I found myself on the Blizzard site reading up on it.

Haven't played WoW in months ( close to a year even I believe ), and knowing myself if I were to buy it I'd probably only play for a few days / weeks before quitting again. Yet here I am, tempted to buy it xD

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Mmm, got an email with Legion stuff in it, and for some reason, I found myself on the Blizzard site reading up on it.

Haven't played WoW in months, and knowing myself if I were to buy it I'd probably only play for a few days / weeks before quitting again. Yet here I am, tempted to buy it xD

exctly the same for me. At least this one has a new class, which I would get some extra time out of because of that

Jrmint

They increased the amount of gold drops from Wrath and MoP raids? That seems like a strange choice. Anyone know the story behind that?

th3dude

Is transmog still going to be part of the economy when the patch hits?

Are transmog-able items still going to sell, or is this wardrobe system replacing all of that?

They increased the amount of gold drops from Wrath and MoP raids? That seems like a strange choice. Anyone know the story behind that?

That jumped out to me, too. I love soloing the old stuff so I like this change a lot!

Shahadan

Haven't played WoW in months ( close to a year even I believe ), and knowing myself if I were to buy it I'd probably only play for a few days / weeks before quitting again. Yet here I am, tempted to buy it xD

What's wrong with that? Still worth it.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks

Are transmog-able items still going to sell, or is this wardrobe system replacing all of that?

i think it will be similar to mounts, except a lot larger of a market.

i think that it should expand overall demand for transmoggable items since you'll have people that want to collect as much as possible -- in my case i wouldnt try to get plate transmogs normally, but now i'm potentially in the market.

i think rare patterns/crafts will be very lucrative. it should re-invigorate the market quite a bit, i think we've already had the transmog market cool off considerably since it first launched

th3dude

i think it will be similar to mounts, except a lot larger of a market.

i think that it should expand overall demand for transmoggable items since you'll have people that want to collect as much as possible -- in my case i wouldnt try to get plate transmogs normally, but now i'm potentially in the market.

i think rare patterns/crafts will be very lucrative. it should re-invigorate the market quite a bit, i think we've already had the transmog market cool off considerably since it first launched

That's awesome and a good point. Very excited!

So I assume that when you get a BoE item you have the option of either adding it to your wardrobe or trading/selling?

Entropia

No One Remembers
Trade is hilarious right now. "Demon Hunters and no more garrisons tomorrow!" Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh....

Probably trolling.

But it's also hilarious how uninformed some people are about the game even when there are links with information regarding patches and such in the launcher.

Lomax

/run BuyMerchantItem(27,1)

/use Smuggled Sack of Gold

Best macros.

The macro helps but the game can't keep up with opening them, which gets a bit annoying. But it definitely helps.

Keep savage bloods or turn them into bloody sacks of gold?

Dump them now, the 50g bag disappears tomorrow and that's kept a floor on value, I'd expect them to be half or less what they are now almost instantly.

Entropia

No One Remembers
Set bonuses for item sets from expansions prior to Warlords of Draenor have been deactivated, though the text describing their former function still remains.
RIP Timewalking sets ;'-(

And I still can't believe about the talent swapping thing. Is that item even available to Scribes tomorrow? Or do we have to wait until Legion?

Robin64

Tome of the Clear Mind is available tomorrow, yeah, and that one works for players up to level 100. Above that you need the Tome of the Tranquil Mind, which nobody can learn until Legion.

Rrang129

So, I think I'm confusing myself here... is it better to wait until tomorrow to open Salvage Crates, or open them all tonight?

Are they not including some items in them tomorrow, I gather?

But it's also hilarious how uninformed some people are about the game even when there are links with information regarding patches and such in the launcher.

It's funny to see people in beta think that the progress they are making will be carried over to live. Once someone tells them it's not, they either don't believe them or get really angry and then it's somehow Blizzard's fault.

Entropia

No One Remembers
So, I think I'm confusing myself here... is it better to wait until tomorrow to open Salvage Crates, or open them all tonight?

Are they not including some items in them tomorrow, I gather?

Better to open them tonight. The reason for that is the Follower Upgrade items that you get out of them are going to be worthless tomorrow.

Hope you have the bank/bag space for all the other BOE stuff! ;)

If you do wait until tomorrow, they will contain the same stuff, but it will be more manageable because you'll still 'learn' the appearance of the items you get (when theyare your armor type), but if you want to sell the follower upgrades and get some gold, do it tonight.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
With honor and conquest points being removed, are they converting what we already have into gold? Or maybe the new Marks of Honor?

Lomax

And I still can't believe about the talent swapping thing. Is that item even available to Scribes tomorrow? Or do we have to wait until Legion?

Oh look, one more fun thing that they kill just because they don't like dealing with it. As for the tomes, of course the existing ones become useless grays. I'm sure this new item is going to make my scribe super rich! /sarcasm

God, basically nothing about this patch has me feeling anything but negative (except the transmog system). My warlock loses her wings, every spec is going to be terrible to play, garrison gold is dead, and the event doesn't even start for a while. I'm actually glad my sub expires on Wednesday, just gonna let it lapse until the event starts.

Rrang129

Better to open them tonight. The reason for that is the Follower Upgrade items that you get out of them are going to be worthless tomorrow.

Hope you have the bank/bag space for all the other BOE stuff! ;)

If you do wait until tomorrow, they will contain the same stuff, but it will be more manageable because you'll still 'learn' the appearance of the items you get (when theyare your armor type), but if you want to sell the follower upgrades and get some gold, do it tonight.

Got it! Thanks a bunch! Going to be a monotonous few hours tonight.... :D

how do artifacts work for multi specs? I'm assuming you only get the 1, so what happens on my druid when I get to 110 and switch to resto?

is the new transmog system account bound or specific to each character? I'd expect set pieces to stay locked to that class but are cloth items going to be cloth items for everyone or do I have to get the same shit on each of my cloth guys?

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!

Oh look, one more fun thing that they kill just because they don't like dealing with it.

Many of the old sets would straight up not function as of 7.0 because they affect abilities that don't exist for that spec (or at all) anymore. Sure, Blizzard could have "dealt with it" by making new sets for obsolete content, but it's something that would have such negligible actual impact on the game that there's no real point.

how do artifacts work for multi specs? I'm assuming you only get the 1, so what happens on my druid when I get to 110 and switch to resto?

is the new transmog system account bound or specific to each character? I'd expect set pieces to stay locked to that class but are cloth items going to be cloth items for everyone or do I have to get the same shit on each of my cloth guys?

You can get all 3 artifacts for your class. You get one at 100, then the other two at 110.

Account-wide transmog is locked to characters that can equip the item and armor type. So you can't transmog a warlock set item onto your mage, and you can't transmog cloth onto plate. Other than that it is a full account-wide unlock for each item appearance.

Once you hit 102 you are able to get a second artifact. No idea about keeping up with both of them as far as unlocking traits goes. (Edit: Maybe it's 110 now, I just saw people talking about it at 102.)

Transmog system is account bound but there are items that still have specific requirements like reputation and such.

Lanrutcon

You get another artifact. And you need to level it separately. The new artifact system does not allow you to maintain multiple specs at max artifact level. If you wanna maintain multiple specs, you gotta put in extra time to stay on the curve.

Westlo

Apparently yes like death knight :s
I've saved up a few thousand leathers for mine.

I read/watched a vid somewhere that said people with 1/700 in say Jewelcrafting will be just as effective as someone with 700/700 when it comes to Legion stuff. It's all based on questing and ranks and shit....

Hopefully if true this isn't too widely known since I'll like to make bank selling old school mats...

Dump them now, the 50g bag disappears tomorrow and that's kept a floor on value, I'd expect them to be half or less what they are now almost instantly.

No way they go to 25g or less with the Draenor Illusion needing 15 of them.

Though I hope they do since I have f all bloods....

You have to equip the item on a suitable character for it to go in your wardrobe....

I got 3 Jade legplates, 1 i'll add to wardrobe the other 2 I'll probably sell for over 80k each...

yeah a friend just told me about those...I assume thats a real money thing? not spending cash on boosts fuck that

oh and OH SNAP they made survival hunters melee? thats super dope,

edit: and combat rogues use guns now? :eek:

Potion is called Elixir of Rapid Mind, gives you 300% extra xp for 15 minutes.

I took my Warrior from level 94 to halfway through 98 in 14 mins by doing all the Gorgrond Bonus Objectives but leaving one kill and stocking up on quests to hand in. My Warrior had helm, chest, cloak, shoulder and leg heirlooms as well as the 20% exp increase from garrison potion.

If I had access to a flying mount (only just came back from not playing for like 18 months) I probably would've been near 100 doing that...

Even without doing this leveling is piss easy thanks to the Garrison Potion (+20%) and heirlooms (+45%).

God, basically nothing about this patch has me feeling anything but negative (except the transmog system). My warlock loses her wings, every spec is going to be terrible to play, garrison gold is dead, and the event doesn't even start for a while. I'm actually glad my sub expires on Wednesday, just gonna let it lapse until the event starts.

I'm kinda glad I switched servers because I may just start leveling a few classes when I've got downtime on my Paladin, which looks like it may be often in the next couple of weeks if the bottom falls out on Felblight, Medallions and other WoD stuffs. Wanna check out the new animations, skills and what not for Orc Warrior, Forsaken Priest, Troll Druid, Troll Hunter, maybe a Goblin Warlock.

People are excited about pre-patch, but I'm not entirely sure why. I wish they wait for Legion's actual release to complete neuter garrisons.

Robin64

You get the second (and third/fourth if you want) artifact at 102, but the boost to artifact power accumulation doesn't begin until 110.

Tecnniqe

Banned
Shame I'll be away for the first week of pre patch :(

However it might make it easier to select a class as people probably got a feel for what's worth and not by then.

You get the second (and third/fourth if you want) artifact at 102, but the boost to artifact power accumulation doesn't begin until 110.

This is why I want to focus on one toon at the start of Legion, the artifact power catch-up will make leveling alts or multiple artifacts easier later.

Tacitus_

Once you hit 102 you are able to get a second artifact. No idea about keeping up with both of them as far as unlocking traits goes. (Edit: Maybe it's 110 now, I just saw people talking about it at 102.)

Transmog system is account bound but there are items that still have specific requirements like reputation and such.

Got my 2nd (and third for that matter) artifact at 102 yesterday on my beta shaman.

Ssoooooo..... do we have any old, unattainable item collectors here by chance? I happened to find an original thistle tea recipe the other day. It's the learnable/yet not learnable tradeable version.

Rhaknar

Potion is called Elixir of Rapid Mind, gives you 300% extra xp for 15 minutes.

I took my Warrior from level 94 to halfway through 98 in 14 mins by doing all the Gorgrond Bonus Objectives but leaving one kill and stocking up on quests to hand in. My Warrior had helm, chest, cloak, shoulder and leg heirlooms as well as the 20% exp increase from garrison potion.

If I had access to a flying mount (only just came back from not playing for like 18 months) I probably would've been near 100 doing that...

Even without doing this leveling is piss easy thanks to the Garrison Potion (+20%) and heirlooms (+45%).

if I leveled something it would be normally anyway (well with heirlooms) to re-do the leveling zones which I only did once (on my lock I think? my only 100).

hell if I do resub I might do something from 1, like a hunter which I havent playd since even before the mana to energy change so they probably feel like a totally different class these days compared to BC

I thought globally the speed at which artifact knowledge was gained was going to be increased over the duration of the expansion but I guess it's specific to your character and probably some order hall investment.

ampere

I thought globally the speed at which artifact knowledge was gained was going to be increased over the duration of the expansion but I guess it's specific to your character and probably some order hall investment.

Sort of

http://www.wowhead.com/news=253605/...agement-for-legion-such-as-artifact-knowledge

Every week that passes after the expansion launches, Blizzard will speed up the rate at which Artifact Knowledge can be researched. For example, early on it could take 5 days to research, then it would go down to 4, 3, 2, etc.

But Artifact Knowledge does not apply to Artifact Power gains from level up quests and some other sources, so there's not really an advantage to waiting to level a character

Top Bottom