• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT7| Feel the hatred of 10,000 Murlocs

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
wait what... I just activated a 60day card as I usually do when I resub, but it gave me money isntead. 25.98€ in my wallet, is that how it works now? because thats actually much better, I can sub 1 month now, fuck around with the new classes for a week or 2 or whatever, and then save the second month for when Legion is actually out, so I dont waste days. is that correct?

edit: err I cant use my wallet money for my sub...the fuck is going on?

ampere

wait what... I just activated a 60day card as I usually do when I resub, but it gave me money isntead. 25.98€ in my wallet, is that how it works now? because thats actually much better, I can sub 1 month now, fuck around with the new classes for a week or 2 or whatever, and then save the second month for when Legion is actually out, so I dont waste days. is that correct?

edit: err I cant use my wallet money for my sub...the fuck is going on?

Try via the website store? I dunno, haven't had that happen before

Boogdud

gets REALLY fucking crazy in s2m.

I just can't figure out if s2m is a boon, pain or determent to the raid. It's a crazy little mini game for the spriest, but having mandatory death followed by a 3 minute "cannot be rezzed" debuff seems extreme. I mean, as a shadow priest we get thrown shade for just being spec'd shadow (pun intended). S2m is just going to make people hate you more.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Try via the website store? I dunno, haven't had that happen before

huh yeah that worked, weird. its cool tho, this way I can use the second month for Legion and not waste time when Im playing No Man's Sky or whatever

Milennia

I just can't figure out if s2m is a boon, pain or determent to the raid. It's a crazy little mini game for the spriest, but having mandatory death followed by a 3 minute "cannot be rezzed" debuff seems extreme. I mean, as a shadow priest we get thrown shade for just being spec'd shadow (pun intended). S2m is just going to make people hate you more.

its the best talent on the row byfar

only in raids though for obvious reasons

you use it at the end of a fight, at a specific time on each encounter where you will get the most out of it

so its a 3 minute debuff and you CAN get the full effect from that but you will mostly see like 2 minutes, meaning you learn the fights and blow it at 2 minutes left on the fight etc as a super execute

on xavius if you get dreamed you can s2m in the last 40 or seconds of that, then get sent back out and are alive and have it back up again for later in the fight

you shouldnt ever die during the fight as i mentioned, because its used a super execute is the tldr
just super exploitable

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!
0ymajw.gif

Go nuts guys

Lanrutcon

EU Players:

My ingame latency is 4x what it should be, and it says "download 0%", but the Bnet launcher says I'm up to date. What gives?

Robin64

It's pretty shit. There are four items from the big Barrens war patch which have been converted, who seriously kept those around hoping they would become toys?

CassSept

If you are arguing that Wrath end-game was worse than most of the other expansions, I'm not seeing it. Ulduar and ICC were both great raids (Ulduar is one of the best by virtually all considerations and ICC is my favorite end-of-expansion raid) and Naxx was perhaps the most fun, accessible "starter raid" the game has ever had without falling into the LFR trap of mechanics being so weak you can ignore them. Dungeons were easy, but worth doing due to justice/valor and at least in my experience Wrath had by far the healthiest, longest-lasting dungeon running environment of any expansion. People were always doing them for one reason or another, compared to pretty much every expansion after where they quickly went obsolete and were forgotten about.

I'm with Zenax on this one. Ulduar is Top 3 raid of all time. T7 was an insult, a terrible, terrible tier and so many months of piss easy Naxx were a drag. At least some challenge would have been good, but T7 had a single moderately hard encounter out of nearly 20 bosses. ToC was bad, but it had fairly unique encounters and there were worse raids obviously (like Hyjal or DS).

ICC... I'm sure ICC would have been forgotten if it wasn't The Lich King Raid. A lot of the mechanics were repeated from past tiers. Valithria was the stand out fight, but some mechanics were as recent as from ToC (first boss spikes, fire on BQL). By ICC we held the game to higher standards, so two bosses sharing same model was fairly disappointing. Most of all, after so much build-up Sindragosa was a colossal disappointment.

Oh well, it's been years. We should all get excited for Legion now, may it be better than Draenor :D

Rhaknar

what lvl can you choose specs? 10 right? even after the changes? just need to know what to leave my new hunter at for tomorow

ampere

It's pretty shit. There are four items from the big Barrens war patch which have been converted, who seriously kept those around hoping they would become toys?

Yeah I intentionally didn't buy them because of bag space...

I did buy the invisible troll boots on my DK though, kinda neat to have those account wide. So basically I can "hide boots" now :p

Nere

Wow. The Icyveins class guides are up for all specs, and here is what it says about Demonology:

Fucking GG. I really wanted this spec to be worth a shit.

Really? And it was even nerfed before release. I really wanted to play this spec cba with another expansion as destro. It has been 2 expansions so far with destro being the best spec bored of it.

Lomax

So yeah, any gold missions you had in progress incomplete they changed in process and the reward given was not gold. So if any of you were thinking you had one last batch of gold missions to collect... you don't.

Rhaknar

heirlooms can be upgraded now? where do I get those tokens?

I logged in and the graphics were super wonky - had to adjust the settings way down and still the game was unplayable. I'm not sure if I need to reinstall or what. Also, and maybe this is a stupid question, but did we lose the ability to turn off helmets? I HATE the look of the helmets.

ampere

I logged in and the graphics were super wonky - had to adjust the settings way down and still the game was unplayable. I'm not sure if I need to reinstall or what. Also, and maybe this is a stupid question, but did we lose the ability to turn off helmets? I HATE the look of the helmets.

Graphics might be a bug

Hide helm and cloak is done at the transmog NPC now. You can also hide shoulders now

Loxley

I have about 40 pieces of gear filling up my bank that I've held onto for freaking years (many since vanilla) that I will happily be removing from my bank today thanks to the new transmog/wardrobe update. However, I will not retire my Lightforge Spaulders from my bank. It took me around 50 runs of UBRS to get them waaayy back in vanilla and I've held on to them as s source of pride ever since. They were my first gear drop that I was totally jazzed to get - I finally felt like a goddamn Paladin.

I've decided that while I'm going to empty out practically everything else, I'll still hold on to those as a trophy.

Graphics might be a bug

Hide helm and cloak is done at the transmog NPC now. You can also hide shoulders now

Oh god, thank you. From anger to hype instantly. I laughed in the cinematic when homeboy was like I MIGHT DROWN SO BEST LOSE THESE BIG-ASS SHOULDER BOMBS

eta: I have to fix my settings enough to get there. My spriest looks like a tiny penis monster and dude, I cannot.

Fjordson

heirlooms can be upgraded now? where do I get those tokens?
Yeah, the level scale can be upgraded. First upgrade makes a piece scale from 1 to 90, second upgrade scales it up to lvl 100.

The tokens can be bought from the vendor in Ironforge that sells the actual pieces for Alliance. Horde vendor is in Undercity.

I think they can also be bought with Timewarped badges.

Not sure I understand how the new spec system works. So dual-spec is gone right?

But there's talk about how you can queue for a spec you aren't currently (like queuing as a tank while out in the world questing as DPS), so how does that work?

Rhaknar

Yeah, the level scale can be upgraded. First upgrade makes a piece scale from 1 to 90, second upgrade scales it up to lvl 100.

The tokens can be bought from the vendor in Ironforge that sells the actual pieces for Alliance. Horde vendor is in Undercity.

I think they can also be bought with Timewarped badges.

just saw the vendor, interesting stuff, had no idea it went up to 100 now.

question: what do survival hunters use for melee then? like a 2h sword? 1handers? I ask for heirloom purposes

Fjordson

Not sure I understand how the new spec system works. So dual-spec is gone right?

But there's talk about how you can queue for a spec you aren't currently (like queuing as a tank while out in the world questing as DPS), so how does that work?
You can just switch between all your specs freely can't you?

just saw the vendor, interesting stuff, had no idea it went up to 100 now.

question: what do survival hunters use for melee then? like a 2h sword? 1handers? I ask for heirloom purposes
That's a good question. 'Cause hunters have melee now, right? I guess maybe the 2H mace that druids use? It has crit, haste and agility http://www.wowhead.com/item=48718/repurposed-lava-dredger

drotahorror

Kind of lame how you can't level up these honor talents. I don't care if they were to wipe them when the expack comes out. Honestly it's the main reason I resubbed today.

Entropia

No One Remembers

Correct, Dual spec is gone now.

You're able to queue for any role that your class is eligible for. So a Pally can queue as a tank, healer or DPS. If you queue as a healer, you can continue being DPS until your queue pops. When you get into the dungeon you'll automatically be a Healer.

ampere

You can just switch between all your specs freely can't you?

Yeah you can freely switch specs.

If you queue as tank and quest as dps it will auto-switch you to tank when you zone in the instance

Top Bottom