• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT7| Feel the hatred of 10,000 Murlocs

Robin64

That's a good question. 'Cause hunters have melee now, right? I guess maybe the 2H mace that druids use? It has crit, haste and agility http://www.wowhead.com/item=48718/repurposed-lava-dredger

just saw the vendor, interesting stuff, had no idea it went up to 100 now.

question: what do survival hunters use for melee then? like a 2h sword? 1handers? I ask for heirloom purposes

There's a new heirloom for survival hunters, a polearm. Eagle Spear. That's what you want.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
There's a new heirloom for survival hunters, a polearm. Eagle Spear. That's what you want.

you are a gentleman sir. new heirloom system is quite fantastic, wish I had gold to upgrade them all to 100 lol

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
What heirlooms should a balance druid use? Int cloth?

there is int leather but yeah you can do with cloth, thats what I use on mine. Because youre not going to be getting hit anyway the extra armor doesnt really count.

mind you this was back when heirlooms were expensive, now at 500g a piece you can probably afford to just buy the leather one if you really wanted to

edit: oops that was meant to be a edit, I apologize

there is int leather but yeah you can do with cloth, thats what I use on mine. Because youre not going to be getting hit anyway the extra armor doesnt really count.

mind you this was back when heirlooms were expensive, now at 500g a piece you can probably afford to just buy the leather one if you really wanted to

Wouldn't you want to wear all leather from armor specialization? Not sure if that's still a thing.

Stalk

Am I being dumb or I can't find the leather at all? Looking on wowhead it says "source removed" on its pages.

Rhaknar

Wouldn't you want to wear all leather from armor specialization? Not sure if that's still a thing.

I completely forgot that. I havent played since january 2015 lol.

Am I being dumb or I can't find the leather at all? Looking on wowhead it says "source removed" on its pages.

could sware I saw it in the vendor earlier?

Lomax

Wow, I just love how three of my most used warlock utility skills are now mutually exclusive talents. This patch just keeps getting better and better!

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Wow, I just love how three of my most used warlock utility skills are now mutually exclusive talents. This patch just keeps getting better and better!

I honestly feel like the best advice to give most people playing Warlock at this point is to not play Warlock for the time being. Things will get fixed eventually, but they aren't yet and some of the other specs/classes are pretty damn cool right now.

Destro and Affliction are functional enough that you won't feel like you are wasting your time trying to play the game, at least.

Rhaknar

these heirloom tokens, they only work on 1 piece of gear?

or will the "tome" be updated with the new level for everyone?

Fjordson

There's definitely int leather in there.

http://www.wowhead.com/item=122359/preened-ironfeather-shoulders&bonus=0
http://www.wowhead.com/item=122382/preened-ironfeather-breastplate&bonus=0
http://www.wowhead.com/item=122249/preened-tribal-war-feathers&bonus=0
http://www.wowhead.com/item=122255/preened-wildfeather-leggings&bonus=0

Can grab the int tricket and the Dreadmist int robe also.

these heirloom tokens, they only work on 1 piece of gear?

or will the "tome" be updated with the new level for everyone?
Once you upgrade a piece it becomes that for everyone. So it'll automatically update on any character that has that piece currently equipped. And it's updated in the collections tab so it'll be the upgraded version whenever you pull it out for a character in the future.

Rhaknar

oh theres a agi heirloom staff aswell, hunters can use staffs right? hell the vanilla questline weapons were a bow and a staff right?

Loxley

I've already been reminded today of one of my favorite pre-expansion traditions. Folks who long-abandoned the game coming back to complain in Trade chat how much Blizzard have "dumbed down" the game even more with all the new changes.

I honestly feel like the best advice to give most people playing Warlock at this point is to not play Warlock for the time being. Things will get fixed eventually, but they aren't yet and some of the other specs/classes are pretty damn cool right now.

Destro and Affliction are functional enough that you won't feel like you are wasting your time trying to play the game, at least.

Yeah, it is a shame my only legendary ring is on my Lock, but I have a DK, Hunter, and Priest all at 100. They might as well be used for more than garrison gold now.

Correct, Dual spec is gone now.

You're able to queue for any role that your class is eligible for. So a Pally can queue as a tank, healer or DPS. If you queue as a healer, you can continue being DPS until your queue pops. When you get into the dungeon you'll automatically be a Healer.

Well shit, that's awesome.

Loxley

any reason to keep weapons you have in the bank after you collect their appearance

None really, other than for sentimental/nostalgia's sake. I'm still hanging onto a handful of old gear pieces you can't get anymore but I largely ditched everything else I've been hording over the years. Feels so damn good to finally free up all that bank space.

Some of my characters show tooltips for gear I've unlocked appearances for and other characters don't. Is there a setting somewhere for that?

Rhaknar

oh wow, you can actually straight up buy gold now lol.

might have to do that and get all of those heirlooms up to 100 >_<

Azzurri

Welp, my actionbar addon (Dominos) won't be updated until later today so I guess I'll hold out until tonight so I can see my actionbars again. I know I can disable em, but I'll just wait

Fjordson

How are Z-Perl unit frames holding up with the new patch? Really the only big UI mod I use.

It'll be a few weeks before Legion for those who have pre-purchased it.
Whoa, really? Didn't know that.

Even more tempted now to cancel my physical CE and go digital.

Ashodin

I have about 40 pieces of gear filling up my bank that I've held onto for freaking years (many since vanilla) that I will happily be removing from my bank today thanks to the new transmog/wardrobe update. However, I will not retire my Lightforge Spaulders from my bank. It took me around 50 runs of UBRS to get them waaayy back in vanilla and I've held on to them as s source of pride ever since. They were my first gear drop that I was totally jazzed to get - I finally felt like a goddamn Paladin.

I've decided that while I'm going to empty out practically everything else, I'll still hold on to those as a trophy.
Dirty alliance detected

And shit servers are up? We in there!

Lomax

I miss my addons

OH NO THEY NERFED PANDAREN WATER SPIRIT SO YOU CANT HAVE GEYSER AND WHIRLPOOL AT THE SAME TIME

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Not only that but howl is basically worthless now. I understand it though, the technique was too powerful and basically made any other strategy pointless.

Unrelated Edit: It's sad how overburdened the graphics engine is at this point.

deoee

Ohh thx for the infos - I just saw the Blizzard Video :)

Thought DH was part of the Pre-Patch.

I still don't know how to get back into the game - a friend plays on another Realm than my lvl 100 is and I don't know if transfering is worth it :/

ZenaxPure

Welp, my actionbar addon (Dominos) won't be updated until later today so I guess I'll hold out until tonight so I can see my actionbars again. I know I can disable em, but I'll just wait

Did the addon author say when it will be updated?

I use dominos too and its making me sad that they are broke (though they are broke in the most hilarious way possible).

Rhaknar

are they adding 1 character slot when DHs are activated? because right now you cant make one if you have one of each class >_>

Not only that but howl is basically worthless now. I understand it though, the technique was too powerful and basically made any other strategy pointless.

Unrelated Edit: It's sad how overburdened the graphics engine is at this point.

as long as some legion pets can do some cool stuff.

Glad graves got nerfed though, dunno what the fuck they were thinking with him.

too much hp
too much damage
two aoe attacks
undead (op)

Top Bottom