• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT7| Feel the hatred of 10,000 Murlocs

Lomax

Garrisons weren't bad for a while, they are just the type of content that needs a steady feed of new things to remain interesting, not a year of stagnation. If a company that actually made mobile games had done it, it would have been much better. No one plays exactly the same Facebook or mobile game for a year with no updates.

ViciousDS

Banned
dear god.....is it me or are the download servers much slower lol

20MBps yesterday to get the client downloaded, 1.11MBps today for patch .............damn it!!!

Lomax

WoW Token prices are skyrocketing. Looks like the demand being created by people wanting to come back in and reactivate is far exceeding any demand for buying gold. I'd expect it will be the same when Legion hits as well. We've probably seen the last of 40k tokens in the US.

WoW Token prices are skyrocketing. Looks like the demand being created by people wanting to come back in and reactivate is far exceeding any demand for buying gold. I'd expect it will be the same when Legion hits as well. We've probably seen the last of 40k tokens in the US.

Could very well crash, as it did the last time(s) prices spiked.

People may want to come back with gold now more to test things out, and there's not much to really buy with it at the moment in terms of fresh sinks. But a month or two may be all lapsed players can afford with gold. Come actual launch, I expect people may be buying more gold to purchase various things, 2M spider mount included.

I'm good through about November IIRC, so I've got some time for prices to sink.

shoreu

This is the custom UI that I've used for about ~3 years and i can't go back.

6kRMzFv.png

Jijidasu

So uh, anyone else seeing crazy performance issues? I build a high-end PC less than a month ago. Not sure if the game is clashing with drivers, or something else.

I'm running the game at 3440x1440 with an 6700k at 4.4, 32gb ram and a GTX 1080. I'm experiencing downwards of 40 FPS in Fjord with all of the settings maximized (render is at 100% - this is the first thing I reduced). Even reducing the settings down to the "ultra" preset before pre-patch dropped is still showing lower than expected performance (I was getting 120-130 FPS avg in this instance).

Any solutions? Would love to hear some advice even.

shoreu

So uh, anyone else seeing crazy performance issues? I build a high-end PC less than a month ago. Not sure if the game is clashing with drivers, or something else.

I'm running the game at 3440x1440 with an 6700k at 4.4, 32gb ram and a GTX 1080. I'm experiencing downwards of 40 FPS in Fjord with all of the settings maximized (render is at 100% - this is the first thing I reduced). Even reducing the settings down to the "ultra" preset before pre-patch dropped is still showing lower than expected performance (I was getting 120-130 FPS avg in this instance).

menu>system>advanced> and check if rendered scale is @100% if not put it there

however, i'm on a 1070 running at 1080p and also getting sub par frame rates but I think this is due to the patch just coming out.

Jijidasu

menu>system>advanced> and check if rendered scale is @100% if not put it there

however, i'm on a 1070 running at 1080p and also getting sub par frame rates but I think this is due to the patch just coming out.

I did that first yeah, I moved it from 200 to 100. Hmm.

ampere

Disable all your addons and see if that helps. Might be a broken outdated addon.

th3dude

Anyone with FPS/Graphics issues:

• Check for Addons that might be out of date/causing issues
  • Check your graphics settings. Blizzard added 3 new settings above Ultra in this patch.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Anyone having an issue out in the world with just like constant random fullstops for several seconds?

It's not like slideshow or anything it just hardlocks pretty much every time I enter a new zone.

Weevilone

Ugh, with all the interface changes.. the fact that I had so many macros so that's all gone from my bars now.. I think I lost like 10 spells.

Probably going to take a couple weeks to decide if I remain subbed. Not feeling the urge to fight through all the changes.

Ashodin

Man all the new buttons and all the missing ones. So many spells gone and raid buffs are gone, and mobility is gone.. Gonna take some getting used to!

Fucking tome of illusion race to the bottom. Stockpiled a fair bit and none are going for over 4K on my server, checking the mobile AH now.

Fuck missing out on patch day D:

Weevilone

Man all the new buttons and all the missing ones. So many spells gone and raid buffs are gone, and mobility is gone.. Gonna take some getting used to!

Part of what's kept me coming back was the comfy feel, I think. I've been playing ret paladin for a looong time and it's just gutted. Might just scrap all that and do another toon or something, but been playing the same main since the game launched... well except for Cata

Wasn't always ret of course, but to me it now seems as bad as it's been since vanilla..

Fjordson

Damn, my performance got nuked lmao. Gonna have to upgrade soon.

Edit: oh wait, going full screen instead of windowed seems to have it back to normal.

Ashodin

Part of what's kept me coming back was the comfy feel, I think. I've been playing ret paladin for a looong time and it's just gutted. Might just scrap all that and do another toon or something, but been playing the same main since the game launched... well except for Cata

Wasn't always ret of course, but to me it now seems as bad as it's been since vanilla..

Oh I actually like it, it's much less "PUSH THING WHEN IT POPS" and now more "can be as many or as little buttons as you want" and the animations are amazing

Sticking on loading screens. This is blizzard

Varjis

Sure wish I could check out the changes, too bad my ISP is having issues connecting to Battlenet and are blaming Blizzard while Blizzard says it is on my ISP's end... (Which is probably is, thanks a lot Rise Broadband)

Fjordson

Animations are beautiful. Though I'm still confused by some of the UI / interface changes.

The more zoomed in camera and the tiny scrolling combat text both suck and make no sense. I have no idea how much damage I'm doing outside of the occasional crit.

Tenebrous

Animations are beautiful. Though I'm still confused by some of the UI / interface changes.

The more zoomed in camera and the tiny scrolling combat text both suck and make no sense. I have no idea how much damage I'm doing outside of the occasional crit.

Even worse at QHD/UHD. Hopefully ElvUI can save me.

komplanen

I can't believe I might give in and play Legion after all. Blizzard pls stop abusing me :-(

I think I'm going to hold out and come back when the DH pre-release starts in a few weeks.

1337Sauce

So while I have played since BC, I have never really played with the intention of high end PVP or PvE, while my friends always have. With Legion, I am looking at playing both heals and tank, so to prepare for this and relearn my classes, I am looking to completely mod my interface and gather some add-ons that should help with what I plan to do.

Before the only thing I really used was Vuhdo for healing. Does anybody have any recommendations for both healing and tanking that you would consider essential?

Also, what is the general consensus on ElvUI? It looks really nice to me, and I'm considering spending some time setting it up tonight. What better time to adjust to a whole new interface on a day like today when all the changes have come into effect? :)

Fjordson

Just transmogged Lord Ahune's frostscythe on like four characters.

4bsTSgH.gif

Thank you Lord Blizz.

edit: also pleasantly surprised by the performance. Once I set it back to fullscreen and most of my pre-patch settings I'm back to not losing any FPS.

Strimei

Any Windwalkers here?

If so, how do you feel about the changes? Stronger? Weaker? About the same?

What talents did you take?

Windwalker monk is one of my two primary alts (and may become my primary alt period, I'm not that happy with hunters...). I've tested it a bit in alpha/beta and now live.

I'm relatively happy with what I experienced. I feel a bit stronger, perhaps, though maybe a bit squishier at times, but not overly much (my memories of that come from alpha/beta back when they were still trying to figure out healing stuff, and healing elixirs wasn't working right).

My talents are as follows; Chi Wave, Celerity, Ascension, Leg Sweep, Healing Elixir, Hit Combo, and Whirling Dragon Punch.

Seems to work for me, anyway!

th3dude

So if you pick up a soulbound item on a class that you can't equip it with, you can never learn that transmog until you loot the same item on another class?

I knew all classes were getting changes but I didnt know they would all be so drastically different. I'll need to relearn every single class now.

Top Bottom