• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT7| Feel the hatred of 10,000 Murlocs

Azzurri

PvP is so meh right now in the Pre patch. Even as a mage I can't kill anything, especially in frost, fire is a bit better. It's basically all melee everywhere, lol. I know PvP isn't tuned for 100, so once Legion hits and we level to 110 and get our artifact it should feel better.

I don't even feel like pvping because of how outta whack it feels right now.

Robin64

Are we talking a substantial noticable weakness to Demo, or is it a classic case of "this spec is 5% lower at dps in perfect conditions, it sucks" that we see so much of?

Lanrutcon

Are we talking a substantial noticable weakness to Demo, or is it a classic case of "this spec is 5% lower at dps in perfect conditions, it sucks" that we see so much of?

The entire flow of Demo sounds great on paper, in practice it's horrible.

This isn't a 5% scenario. I'll be amazed if Demo and Survival don't see massive changes in the 3 months post launch.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
The entire flow of Demo sounds great on paper, in practice it's horrible.

This isn't a 5% scenario. I'll be amazed if Demo and Survival don't see massive changes in the 3 months post launch.

survival too? goddamn it >_>

The1Ski

man bm hunters suck now we have like 4 skills to use and our main attack/filler cobra shot is awful lol..... survival is fun though

warlocks are just yeesh..... my two favorite classes are just pretty wacked out right now

disc priests have (at least at level 42) one heal and a shield. Disc priests healing scenarios are pretty much

shield tank, shadowmend tank, dps losing health too bad, shield tank, shadowmend tank, dps dead

rest druids don't feel that much different

Kill shot was so awesome. Nevermore.

I guess Blizzard needed to nuke it from orbit.

It was the only way to be sure

Shadow Priest is weird. Not bad weird, just weird. I have to recalibrate my thinking. Leveled my enhancement shammy a bit too and our group rolled through the instance like everything was made of paper, but I didn't have my add ons, so I'm not sure who was crushing or if we all were. Other than that, I was just churning out glyphs.

Finally had to just delete and fully reinstall my game to get past my performance issues, though.

Meh3D

PvP is so meh right now in the Pre patch. Even as a mage I can't kill anything, especially in frost, fire is a bit better. It's basically all melee everywhere, lol. I know PvP isn't tuned for 100, so once Legion hits and we level to 110 and get our artifact it should feel better.

I don't even feel like pvping because of how outta whack it feels right now.

I killed a couple of DKs, Mages, and a Lock as Disc. It's kind of crazy!

Playing around Disc for a bit I see why they have a talent that boost healing if you're at 80%. Because basically you dot get atonement dot self heal dot smite self heal etc. after sitting so many people I could just DPS and be healed enough from dots.

Azzurri

I killed a couple of DKs, Mages, and a Lock as Disc. It's kind of crazy!

Yea, I had some kills too, but it just feels like it takes forever to kill anyone. Some classes are better than others right no because none of it's really tuned until Legion hits.

I think ignore pain is bugged in timewalking because I just had a warrior tank basically solo slave pens in one pull doing about 4 times more healing than me

Meh3D

I'm loving my Goblin warrior. I feel so OP at 48.

Charge, damage buttons, heroic leap, charge back, more damage while waiting for another charge, rocket jump and charge again!

e90Mark

Sure wish I could check out the changes, too bad my ISP is having issues connecting to Battlenet and are blaming Blizzard while Blizzard says it is on my ISP's end... (Which is probably is, thanks a lot Rise Broadband)

That's funny. I was in Discord with a buddy of mine who lives in Texas, and he literally said the same thing about WoW and Rise.

It's not you, is it Cole?

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
I was actually already starting to "feel" Survival in combat. It's fun to be tossing out traps, and even if the playstyle is not the same the element of explosives reminds me of one of my favorite Rift classes: the Saboteur. I kind of wish they leaned into that stuff more heavily for the themeing, because the split between lance stuff, pet stuff, and explosive stuff leaves the spec feeling too thinly spread on its identity. Core abilities are good, but Survival's low mobility is just not okay for a melee class. Aspect of the Cheetah's 3 minute cooldown is insane when it should be the basic mobility option, and the defensive cooldowns leave something to be desired when you see the two minute cooldown on Exhilaration. Just compares extremely unfavorably to other melee, who can heal for 30% every 30 seconds, or get stuff like Sprint on a minute cooldown.

I would love to see a sub ilvl700 run Mythic dungeons now. Had two 710+ tanks die to the Magma Lord pull in Mythic Mines yesterday. Bosses now seem to take 30-40 seconds longer and my Lock got 2 shotted by a rock spike. I now find myself popping the DPS Ring on big pulls and not just boss fights.

For reference I ran this on Sunday with the same group and we face rolled through it.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!

It's mostly the former. On a completely no-frills, Patchwerk-style single target fight with no movement required, it's not awful. But those fights don't really exist in modern raids. Two of your main damage abilities essentially consist of two hard-cast spells in a row, as you have to cast Demonic Empowerment after every cast of Hand of Gul'Dan and Summon Dreadstalker, and none of those three spells are instant. So any bit of moving or target switching potentially leads to a total reset in an already long ramp-up time for mediocre damage. And even when you are executing your rotation perfectly and not moving, you still aren't putting out very impressive numbers.

The good news is that the current 4-piece t18 set bonus is utterly overpowered, so Demo is actually topping logs for some fights if they intentionally play the spec wrong to game the set bonus. Oh wait, that's not really good news.

Robin64

Yeah, I read about absolutely having to cast Demonic Empowerment over on Icy Veins, and that felt like such a silly thing then. Like, just bake it into the initial summon, then add something that is a choice that can be cast when summoned or not.

Tarazet

Malick[AI];210691353 said:
I would love to see a sub ilvl700 run Mythic dungeons now. Had two 710+ tanks die to the Magma Lord pull in Mythic Mines yesterday. Bosses now seem to take 30-40 seconds longer and my Lock got 2 shotted by a rock spike. I now find myself popping the DPS Ring on big pulls and not just boss fights.

For reference I ran this on Sunday with the same group and we face rolled through it.

Oof. Glad I got the caster BoA trinket already, because it sounds like I wouldn't be getting it otherwise.

Anyone tried the nerfed HFC?

You might have action-cam enabled somehow?

Try with a fresh Interface and WTF folder and see if it still happens.

No fix. It was a completely fresh install on this computer and aside from changing the graphics settings I hadn't done anything else in the game before loading it up and having it act all wacky.

So moving down a pixel instantly slams the camera into an overhead view and turns out any movement of the mouse to the right while trying to control the camera makes it jump horizontally.

I deleted the WTF and Interface folders. I looked through key bindings and removed the camera related key binds. The cursor moves around the screen correctly and the mouse has no issues outside the game. I've turned off and on the mouse sensitivity setting. Any other ideas?

So uh, anyone else seeing crazy performance issues? I build a high-end PC less than a month ago. Not sure if the game is clashing with drivers, or something else.

I'm running the game at 3440x1440 with an 6700k at 4.4, 32gb ram and a GTX 1080. I'm experiencing downwards of 40 FPS in Fjord with all of the settings maximized (render is at 100% - this is the first thing I reduced). Even reducing the settings down to the "ultra" preset before pre-patch dropped is still showing lower than expected performance (I was getting 120-130 FPS avg in this instance).

Any solutions? Would love to hear some advice even.

Same shit is happening to me. used to average about 120 fps, now i'm down in the 40-60 range. In my garrison it's in the 20s. Cities it hits low 20s. WTF.

j0hnnix

im still debating which comes out better lone wolf or careful aim? how does everyone like sidewinders over arcane/multi?

ZenaxPure

WoW Token prices are skyrocketing. Looks like the demand being created by people wanting to come back in and reactivate is far exceeding any demand for buying gold. I'd expect it will be the same when Legion hits as well. We've probably seen the last of 40k tokens in the US.

Just an FYI they actually hit 39,500 this morning (back to 43k right now). I still stand by what I said last time, if the prices get to high you are going to have people trying to capitalize on it which is going to drive down the prices to a reasonable amount again. Going forward I would expect big waves like tokens had back when they were first introduced (where they would go +/- nearly 10k in a 24 hour period).

How long that will last, who knows. But in less then 24 hours tokens went up to 50k then fell down to 39 and a half.

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
This is the configuration I currently use, may be useful for someone else with a low end system:

SET gxApi "D3D9"
SET gxWindow "0"
SET gxMaximize "1"
SET graphicsQuality "1"
SET playIntroMovie "7"
SET Gamma "0.900000"
SET readTerminationWithoutNotice "1"
SET lastReadTerminationWithoutNotice "60203"
SET Sound_MusicVolume "0.10000000149012"
SET Sound_AmbienceVolume "0.30000001192093"
SET terrainLodDist "10"
SET wmoLodDist "10"
SET RAIDsettingsInit "1"
SET RAIDfarclip "5000.000000"
SET RAIDWaterDetail "1.000000"
SET RAIDterrainLodDist "350.000000"
SET RAIDwmoLodDist "300.000000"
SET RAIDtextureFilteringMode "3.000000"
SET RAIDenvironmentDetail "75.000000"
SET RAIDparticleDensity "50.000000"
SET RAIDOutlineEngineMode "1.000000"
SET RAIDweatherDensity "1.000000"
SET overrideArchive "1"
SET streamingCameraRadius "7500"
SET streamingCameraMaxRadius "9500"
SET streamingCameraLookAheadTime "8000"
SET gxOverride "1"
SET M2UseThreads "0"
SET M2ForceAdditiveParticleSort "1"
SET maxAnimJobs "0"
SET animFrameSkipLOD "1"
SET mouseSpeed "1.5"
SET screenshotFormat "tga"
SET screenshotQuality "10"
SET accounttype "WD"
SET preloadPlayerModels "0"
SET ChatMusicVolume "0.29999998211861"
SET ChatSoundVolume "0.39999997615814"
SET ChatAmbienceVolume "0.29999998211861"
SET VoiceActivationSensitivity "0.39999997615814"
SET Sound_OutputSampleRate "4000"
SET Sound_MasterVolume "0.52799999713898"
SET Sound_SFXVolume "0.5"
SET Sound_DialogVolume "1"
SET Sound_EnableDSPEffects "0"
SET doodadUnloadDist "-65536"
SET nearclip "-10"
SET horizonFarclipScale "-65536"
SET horizonNearclipScale "-8192"
SET hwPCF "0"
SET maxLightCount "0"
SET maxLightDist "0"
SET SSAODistance "0.000000001"
SET SSAOBlur "0"
SET preloadStreamingDistTerrain "0"
SET preloadStreamingDistObject "0"
SET preloadLoadingDistTerrain "0"
SET preloadLoadingDistObject "0"
SET wmoDoodadDist "-8192"
SET entityLodDist "10"
SET worldMaxMipLevel "65536"
SET terrainHoles "1"
SET componentThread "0"
SET componentCompress "0"
SET componentTexLoadLimit "8"
SET componentTexCacheSize "-8192"
SET hbaoNormals "0"
SET hbaoBias "0"
SET hbaoRadius "0"
SET hbaoPowerExp "0"
SET hbaoBlurSharp "0"
SET ffxRectangle "0"
SET gameTip "49"
SET sceneOcclusionEnable "0"
SET showfootprintparticles "0"
SET ffxGlow "0"
SET bodyQuota "0"
SET smoothUnitPhasing "0"
SET smoothUnitPhasingDistThreshold "-8192"
SET smoothUnitPhasingUnseenPurgatoryTimeMs "-8192"
SET smoothUnitPhasingEnableAlive "0"
SET smoothUnitPhasingAliveTimeoutMs "0"
SET smoothUnitPhasingVehicleExtraTimeoutMs "0"
SET fixedFunction "1"
SET M2FasterDebug "1"
SET M2UseZFill "1"
SET shadowScissor "0"
SET checkAddonVersion "0"
SET lastAddonVersion "60200"
SET Sound_ListenerAtCharacter "0"
SET Sound_MaxCacheableSizeInBytes "2"
SET SoundUseNewBusSystem "0"
SET detailDoodadInstancing "0"
SET gxTextureCacheSize "-8192"
SET M2BatchDoodads "1"
SET SoundPerf_VariationCap "2"
SET Sound_OutputDriverName "System Default"
SET raidOrBattleCount "10"
SET ffxAntiAliasingMode "-8"
SET streamBeams "1"
SET POIShiftComplete "0.1"
SET repositionFrequency "256"
SET engineSurvey "2"
SET particleDensity "10"
SET textureFilteringMode "0.000000"
SET RAIDcomponentTextureLevel "0.000000"
SET spellClutterMinSpellCount "0"
SET RAIDgroundEffectFade "0"
SET groundEffectDensity "16.000000"
SET RAIDgroundEffectDensity "40.000000"
SET colorblindWeaknessFactor "1"
SET terrainAlphaBitDepth "4"
SET RAIDshadowMode "1.000000"
SET RAIDprojectedTextures "0.000000"
SET RAIDsunShafts "0.000000"
SET particleMTDensity "10"
SET DepthBasedOpacity "0.000000"
SET terrainTextureLod "1.000000"
SET terrainMipLevel "1"
SET worldBaseMip "2"
SET lightMode "0.000000"
SET environmentDetail "20.000000"
SET RAIDterrainMipLevel "0.000000"
SET componentTextureLevel "2"
SET uiScale "1.1499999761581"
SET farclip "80"
SET Sound_NumChannels "64"
SET ffx "0"
SET M2UseClipPlanes "1"
SET mapShadows "0"
SET MaxLights "-1"
SET pathSmoothing "0"
SET useWeatherShaders "0"
SET weatherDensity "0.000000"
SET horizonStart "80"
SET waterDetail "0.000000"
SET rippleDetail "0.000000"
SET reflectionMode "0.000000"
SET sunShafts "0.000000"
SET refraction "0.000000"
SET groundEffectDist "40.000000"
SET projectedTextures "0.000000"
SET shadowMode "0.000000"
SET shadowTextureSize "1024.000000"
SET shadowSoft "0.000000"
SET SSAO "0.000000"
SET OutlineEngineMode "0.000000"
SET physicsLevel "0"
SET lodObjectCullSize "10"
SET lodObjectCullDist "10"
SET lodObjectMinSize "10"
SET RAIDSSAO "0.000000"
SET RAIDDepthBasedOpacity "1.000000"
SET RAIDgroundEffectDist "110.000000"
SET RAIDterrainTextureLod "1.000000"
SET RAIDworldBaseMip "0.000000"
SET RAIDshadowTextureSize "1024.000000"
SET RAIDshadowSoft "0.000000"
SET RAIDreflectionMode "0.000000"
SET RAIDrippleDetail "0.000000"
SET RAIDparticleMTDensity "70.000000"
SET RAIDrefraction "0.000000"
SET RAIDLightMode "1.000000"
SET RAIDlodObjectCullSize "22.000000"
SET RAIDlodObjectCullDist "30.000000"
SET RAIDlodObjectMinSize "66.000000"
SET graphicsTextureResolution "1"
SET graphicsTextureFiltering "1"
SET graphicsProjectedTextures "1.000000"
SET graphicsViewDistance "1"
SET graphicsEnvironmentDetail "1"
SET graphicsGroundClutter "1"
SET graphicsShadowQuality "1"
SET graphicsLiquidDetail "1"
SET graphicsSunshafts "1.000000"
SET graphicsParticleDensity "1"
SET graphicsSSAO "1.000000"
SET graphicsDepthEffects "1"
SET graphicsLightingQuality "1"
SET graphicsOutlineMode "1"
SET raidGraphicsTextureResolution "3.000000"
SET raidGraphicsTextureFiltering "4.000000"
SET raidGraphicsProjectedTextures "1.000000"
SET raidGraphicsViewDistance "4"
SET raidGraphicsEnvironmentDetail "4"
SET raidGraphicsGroundClutter "4"
SET raidGraphicsShadowQuality "2.000000"
SET raidGraphicsLiquidDetail "2.000000"
SET raidGraphicsSunshafts "1.000000"
SET raidGraphicsParticleDensity "2.000000"
SET raidGraphicsSSAO "1.000000"
SET raidGraphicsDepthEffects "2.000000"
SET raidGraphicsLightingQuality "2.000000"
SET raidGraphicsOutlineMode "2.000000"
SET gxRefresh "60/1"
SET doodadLodDist "10"
SET RenderScale "0.5"
SET lodTerrainDiv "256"
SET componentSpecular "0"
SET componentEmissive "0"
SET Sound_EnableMusic "0"
SET maxAlgoplates "0"
SET WorldTextRandomZBase "0"
SET WorldTextRandomZ "0.1"
SET PetMeleeDamage "0"
SET PetSpellDamage "0"
SET CombatHealing "0"
SET fctCombatState "1"
SET fctAuras "1"
SET playerStatusText "1"
SET partyStatusText "1"
SET targetStatusText "1"
SET alternateResourceText "1"
SET cameraDistanceMax "50"
SET characterFrameCollapsed "0"
SET CACHE-WQST-QuestV2RecordCount "28451"
SET CACHE-WQST-QuestV2HotfixCount "228"
SET CACHE-WQST-QuestObjectiveRecordCount "28162"
SET CACHE-WQST-QuestObjectiveHotfixCount "0"
SET CACHE-WQST-QuestObjectiveXEffectRecordCount "7075"
SET CACHE-WQST-QuestObjectiveXEffectHotfixCount "0"
SET CACHE-WGOB-GameObjectsRecordCount "54144"
SET CACHE-WGOB-GameObjectsHotfixCount "0"

Same shit is happening to me. used to average about 120 fps, now i'm down in the 40-60 range. In my garrison it's in the 20s. Cities it hits low 20s. WTF.

Check to make sure all your addons are up to date/not conflicting. This seems to be the main culprit. Though there definitely seem to be some optimization issues as well regardless. Make sure you're on the old ultra settings (level 7 I think) and perhaps disable anti-aliasing.

Otherwise I don't know. Still out of town myself so I haven't logged in to play yet.

Does equipping a new piece of gear override your current transmog set like before? I was hoping a could level a new character and keep the same outfit for multiple levels at a time.

im still debating which comes out better lone wolf or careful aim? how does everyone like sidewinders over arcane/multi?

Now that you don't need pets for roar, or freedom I think I'd rather drop the spec than play with a pet.

Do you still need pets for the Mortal Strike debuff? Or did they remove that?

Does equipping a new piece of gear override your current transmog set like before? I was hoping a could level a new character and keep the same outfit for multiple levels at a time.

90% sure it does.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I see one thing that hasn't changed with every xpac patch is doom and gloom over new talents / abilities :3

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Blood DK feels thin and simple without the new artifact weapon abilities.

Yeah I tanked a timewalking run last night and enjoyed it less than I was expecting. Certainly wasn't bad, but I was just expecting a bit more out of it.

Sarek

Why is the game now asking if I am sure I want to loot primal spirit (or anything above common quality)? Really want to know how to turn that off.

Babalu.

so mythic manoroth and archimonde last night.

what a shitshow.

we got mythic manny after like 15-20 wipes. it was like progression all over again.

archimonde seemed easier but we only had like 5 pulls on him since there were so many random problems for people with FPS issues/logging in issues/changing talents.

The exorcist raid tools radar is fucked though and it looked like a rave lightshow.

I really dislike the ret paladin changes.

Rhaknar

Infernals got a new model, or is that old? they have huge shoulders now

Lanrutcon

New Destro is poopy:

Aoe options? 2 talents and Rain of Fire, which is still so shitty it's almost not worth casting. Cataclysm is still not baseline, resulting in Destro aoe being shit.

Mana costs: hope you like Lifetap. What am I saying, nobody likes Lifetap, but Blizzard have decided to make it mandatory unless you take a talent which stops you having Cataclysm. Thanks Blizzard. Not a single Warlock spec has decent aoe. Not one.

theres a new battle pet (nursery spider) breanni in Wrath Dalaran sells, sold a few on the auction house for 20x what you buy them for from her

enhanced-buzz-9508-1383077456-31.jpg

Top Bottom