• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT7| Feel the hatred of 10,000 Murlocs

Strimei

So if you pick up a soulbound item on a class that you can't equip it with, you can never learn that transmog until you loot the same item on another class?

Yeah, you can only learn weapons that you can equip, and for armor its your primary armor class (i.e. plate for paladin, cloth for mage, etc).

ViciousDS

Banned
what happened to the option to auto track accepted quests or just all the quest options in general under interface?

I knew all classes were getting changes but I didnt know they would all be so drastically different. I'll need to relearn every single class now.

It's weird seeing a hunter actually take more than 5 seconds to kill a mob in the beginning zone without heirloom......all I need is a profession in bows 1.....2.....3.....4......in the chat bar and the effect will be complete lol

v1perz53

I knew all classes were getting changes but I didnt know they would all be so drastically different. I'll need to relearn every single class now.

Don't go too crazy, because almost every class will not only play completely differently now, but play once again completely differently in Legion with a maxed artifact. At minimum, artifacts add one generally rotational ability, and traits in some cases drastically change how you use certain abilities or what priority you give them.

And if you PvP, good luck, whole other set of talents you can't even try out until 110...

Lomax

Disappointed in how easily gotten the Wardrobe achievements are.

Or I was hoping for more.

My guess is they didn't want to swamp the system straight away and we'll see more added over time. Hopefully we'll get some that are more creative than just "get x number of" achievements.

Repo Man

If you got performance issues you can try the following:

Open the games install location and rename, delete or move the Cache, Interface and WTF folders. Cache and WTF are the important ones as they can contain heaps of old cluttered configuration data and such that can cause issues. I personally delete the interface folder too to make sure that I get rid of all addons that are outdated.

The fresh folders and files will be redownloaded from battle.net and then you'll have to re-do some of your settings and also expect a bit of loading when entering packed areas as some of the info will be re-written in the caches. Hope this helps anyone with performance troubles.

cdyhybrid

So while I have played since BC, I have never really played with the intention of high end PVP or PvE, while my friends always have. With Legion, I am looking at playing both heals and tank, so to prepare for this and relearn my classes, I am looking to completely mod my interface and gather some add-ons that should help with what I plan to do.

Before the only thing I really used was Vuhdo for healing. Does anybody have any recommendations for both healing and tanking that you would consider essential?

Also, what is the general consensus on ElvUI? It looks really nice to me, and I'm considering spending some time setting it up tonight. What better time to adjust to a whole new interface on a day like today when all the changes have come into effect? :)

Weakauras and DBM/BigWigs are probably the only other essentials.

Pollux

The new survival hunter is awesome. However BM has been completely butchered as of now. This is going to be interesting

Windwalker monk is one of my two primary alts (and may become my primary alt period, I'm not that happy with hunters...). I've tested it a bit in alpha/beta and now live.

I'm relatively happy with what I experienced. I feel a bit stronger, perhaps, though maybe a bit squishier at times, but not overly much (my memories of that come from alpha/beta back when they were still trying to figure out healing stuff, and healing elixirs wasn't working right).

My talents are as follows; Chi Wave, Celerity, Ascension, Leg Sweep, Healing Elixir, Hit Combo, and Whirling Dragon Punch.

Seems to work for me, anyway!

Thank you for the feedback.

I was using Serenity before, but I'm not really sure I like how it works with our new mastery and hit combo. I was considering Whirling Dragon Punch instead.

I need to get a parser and really play around with this some more.

Ashodin

awwwwwwwwwwwww yeah 2H Lightsaber Jedi 'mog complete

P6jbpty.gif

Rokam

I really miss the increased range on Divine Storm. Makes Elegon an annoyance, having to pay attention to mechanics. Damn you Blizzard.

causan

Oh damn. I just realized its been over a year since I last played. That is the longest break I have taken from WoW. I guess its time for me to finally get flying in Draenor and level some alts.

I can't tell if this is legit but there appears to be some fuckery going on regarding raids right now. There's a screenshot of someone looting Warglaive in ICC, and people talking about weird occurrences with spawns and bosses.

Maybe the wardrobe function was way more difficult to implement then it seems

from reddit

Just got to Yogg, and a constricting tentacle grabbed me. Couldn't target it as an enhance shaman with any abilities. Couldn't hearth, feral spirits clipped into the wall and disappeared. Contacted a gm who teleported me to the start of the instance... The tentacle followed and I stayed in combat. After about 10 minutes I finally died, to be teleported to org, where I was still being targeted by the ranged tentacles for another 2 minutes.

Tarazet

Feel for all the healers doing BC timewalking right now with all this melee dps.

Our group was

Blood DK
Balance Druid (me)
Arms Warrior
Shadow Priest

Everyone did about the same damage. It used to be that melee would crap all over ranged with the way stats scaled, that doesn't seem to be the case anymore. I could pull ahead by using my cooldowns and Troll racial, and the Warrior would win out if he had a bunch of targets to Execute. It felt remarkably balanced.

Shahadan

I've seen people mentioning they lost their weapons (replaced with 655 blues) and it happened to me as well. Apparently we were all warriors. Mine were pvp weapons so it's probably the reason I guess.

Edit: relogging fixed it and put them in my bags. I suppose some people will sell them by accident :x

man bm hunters suck now we have like 4 skills to use and our main attack/filler cobra shot is awful lol..... survival is fun though

warlocks are just yeesh..... my two favorite classes are just pretty wacked out right now

disc priests have (at least at level 42) one heal and a shield. Disc priests healing scenarios are pretty much

shield tank, shadowmend tank, dps losing health too bad, shield tank, shadowmend tank, dps dead

rest druids don't feel that much different

Westlo

Before work right

Maelstroms going for 30g.

Sell Heavenly Shards for 90g....

fucking lolz.... wish I had put up more than 2 stacks of 10 before going to work....

Even right now Maelstroms are 33g and Shards are 58g....

Panda rare gems going for 170-250g each and lotus are still 45g... and green gems 5-10g...

Time to start up my panda farm again with enigma seeds....

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
I think I'm getting the hang of marks hunter but our mythic raiding did not go well at all due to all of the ability pruning. They didnt seem to make the raid all that much easier if at all

They're going to need to put in some heavy nerfs when they realize no one is killing mythic bosses

Freeman76

warlocks are just yeesh..... my two favorite classes are just pretty wacked out right now

Whats so bad about warlock now in your opinion. I've been maining Destro Lock since Vanilla and I quite like the changes.

Also MM hunter seems pretty cool, I spec'd without a pet and its pretty good dps so far.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Whats so bad about warlock now in your opinion. I've been maining Destro Lock since Vanilla and I quite like the changes.

Also MM hunter seems pretty cool, I spec'd without a pet and its pretty good dps so far.

Destro has the RNG factor that plays way too heavily into it, but I think rotation-wise it's one of the easier specs they got right.

Demo is just bad to play as. For the spec they were really hyping up, it feels like a mishmash of bad ideas that were thrown out in previous expansions. I don't mind buffing as part of my rotation, I actually love classes like Everquest's enchanters where a lot of the game is buffing and debuffing. It's why my original main was a Shaman. But the cast time and the duration on the empower demons spell is so dumb. It's the opposite of a fun rotation.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
aw man they removed the demo talent to get the prettier (better lol) pets? I loved the wrathguard :(

I actually dont know what to get in that tier... 40% chance to empower myself or my pet and vice versa? the permanent doomguard or infernal never seemed that useful (I might be wrong), do they even taunt? and the second pet for 15 secs with the 1.5cd... hmm. Thoughts?

and thats "thoughts ignoring the fact that Demo is trash now?" please lol

Nere

aw man they removed the demo talent to get the prettier (better lol) pets? I loved the wrathguard :(

I actually dont know what to get in that tier... 40% chance to empower myself or my pet and vice versa? the permanent doomguard or infernal never seemed that useful (I might be wrong), do they even taunt? and the second pet for 15 secs with the 1.5cd... hmm. Thoughts?

and thats "thoughts ignoring the fact that Demo is trash now?" please lol

They said they made them glyphs which you can use to change the pet's look.

Shahadan

Someone using Bartender4 here? I used Dominos before and in bartender I can't move my casting bar, or and there's no setting in the menu for it.

So it's in the middle of my other bars.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Theres a Demo talent for the new Felstalker spell that summons 2 imps when you cast it.

The imps ride the felstalkers. Let me say tht again.

You summon imp riding felstalkers. I thought you guys said this was the worst spec in the game? I think you meant the best :3

Reinstalled and paid for a month to hop in and getting an odd bug. Mouse moves around the screen normally but doing mouselook and moving down even a single pixel jumps the camera to an overhead view. Moving the mouse upwards generally works but acts erratically as well with little jumps and hitches. It's essentially unplayable at the moment. Any ideas? Only thing I'm seeing online is an old Windows 8 bug but I'm on Windows 10 and shouldn't have any conflicts. No add-ons installed and the mouse acts just fine everywhere else and in other games so it's not a dirty mouse or anything like that.

mclem

The delightful preexpansion patch moment of "I have about half an hour at lunchtime and ten minutes when I get home to figure out the basics of what I need to know about tanking before going into a raid"

Funtimes.

Shahadan

So we were only 2 people selling the tomes of illusion, and the other one is basically freaking out and reducing her prices every hour. So she's fucking me over because she can't wait for people to stop complaining about their specs and start buying.

Rhaknar

last quest in the gilneas starting zone is bugged so I cant move on to darn, great >_>

ampere

So while I have played since BC, I have never really played with the intention of high end PVP or PvE, while my friends always have. With Legion, I am looking at playing both heals and tank, so to prepare for this and relearn my classes, I am looking to completely mod my interface and gather some add-ons that should help with what I plan to do.

Before the only thing I really used was Vuhdo for healing. Does anybody have any recommendations for both healing and tanking that you would consider essential?

Also, what is the general consensus on ElvUI? It looks really nice to me, and I'm considering spending some time setting it up tonight. What better time to adjust to a whole new interface on a day like today when all the changes have come into effect? :)

I also suggest WeakAuras. You can then make pretty much any UI notification you want, or google to find some for your spec that others have made. The default raid frames are actually pretty good for healing nowadays

You can search for addons on Curse or Wowinterface and find other little things that will make your experience smoother. I'm probably going to spend some time in a few weeks rebuilding my UI for Legion and I'll post stuff that I'm using

Reinstalled and paid for a month to hop in and getting an odd bug. Mouse moves around the screen normally but doing mouselook and moving down even a single pixel jumps the camera to an overhead view. Moving the mouse upwards generally works but acts erratically as well with little jumps and hitches. It's essentially unplayable at the moment. Any ideas? Only thing I'm seeing online is an old Windows 8 bug but I'm on Windows 10 and shouldn't have any conflicts. No add-ons installed and the mouse acts just fine everywhere else and in other games so it's not a dirty mouse or anything like that.

You might have action-cam enabled somehow?

Try with a fresh Interface and WTF folder and see if it still happens.

Robin64

how do I enable action cam?

How to enable Action Camera: /console ActionCam [option]

Example: /console ActionCam full

Enables full mode as seen above.

Options

NamePlates

overNames - Return nameplates over the head
underNames - Reposition nameplates under the feet

Head Movement - Camera follows the player character's head facing and angle ever so slightly.

heavyHeadMove - heavy head movement
noHeadMove - disable head movement
lowHeadMove - enable head movement
headMove - enable head movement

Target Focus - As seen in my video, camera pans to your current target keeping it in focus

focusOff - Target focusing only
focusOn - ACTION cam, without the target focusing

Preset Modes

basic - Basic ActionCam
full - All action cam features on
off - Disable action cam features
default - Default ActionCam settings

Rhaknar

quest indicators over npcs seem broken, so if you dont check the map to see if theres still ! nearby youll probably miss quests >_>

survival hunter seemed fun (probably just the novelty) until that last gilneas quest was broken and I cant advance sigh. the skill that makes you and the pet hit at the same time does a ton of dmg at low lvl.

demo locks have ZERO spells that change with the green flame tome so that was a huge waste of my time doing it last year lol

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Theres a Demo talent for the new Felstalker spell that summons 2 imps when you cast it.

The imps ride the felstalkers. Let me say tht again.

You summon imp riding felstalkers. I thought you guys said this was the worst spec in the game? I think you meant the best :3

The spec has some cool thematic elements, but it's weak as shit and clunky as fuck to play at end-game.

v1perz53

Disappointed in how easily gotten the Wardrobe achievements are.

Or I was hoping for more.

There was no way to make it hard without separating it by armor type. As someone with 11 alts, I got all the acheives by logging on like 4 toons. But they didn't want someone who only has, say, a plate class to never be able to get it, so you can finish it with one armor type. Meaning that anyone who has toons of multiple armor types gets the chieves basically passively.

Robin64

There was no way to make it hard without separating it by armor type. As someone with 11 alts, I got all the acheives by logging on like 4 toons. But they didn't want someone who only has, say, a plate class to never be able to get it, so you can finish it with one armor type. Meaning that anyone who has toons of multiple armor types gets the chieves basically passively.

Could have just added some more advanced achievements too.

It's like, why is there no rep achievement added for Legion? Some of us hit the 60 reps ages ago and we've seen nothing since.

Edit: Damn, since I last checked they have added a rep achievement for Legion. It's only 70, but it's a start.

Top Bottom