• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT7| Feel the hatred of 10,000 Murlocs

Raxious

Magtheridon is probably the most populated EU PVE realm with a balanced faction amount (it's nearly 50/50).

Mmm, which server is recommended of the two? This or Draenor? I'll have to create a new character as well, probably a tank. I'll be casual, so tank will help me get through the long queue times I'll have as DPS, but am I correct in saying that Tanking specs are no longer really viable for leveling? At least that's what I've been hearing. Also, I don't think I have any Heirlooms, nor do I have the currency to get some.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
sooo... have they said why they completely dropped garrisons? too much work?

seems like a feature that would be built upon, not dropped in the next xpac

Respect

My understanding is that the champions halls are replacing it as a mini-version. But I haven't paid that close attention to that development, so I could be off.

Soroc

I think one of the biggest complaints is the fact that people didn't want to pay a sub to play a facebook game. Its one of the most hated features, so just like most everything from WoD, they dropped it like hot doodoo

RPGCrazied

If you have a weapon that already has an enchant xmog on it, it will show up in the xmog window and you can change it. I haven't figured out how to add one to a weapon without one already though.

Still confused. I guess you can't put jade spirit on a one handed sword anymore. I can't even figure out how to add enchants to the appearance tab, even with the tome.

Doing a little research I found that you have to get the actual enchant that learns the enchant to get it in your appearance tab, I guess.

So for Jade Spirit I need to be revered with shado pan.

Robin64

Order Halls are definitely "Garrisons built on", in that it's using tech developed for Garrisons but in better more interesting ways.

Fjordson

Lots of people didn't like them.

Personally glad they're moving on. Only thing I liked about Garrisons was the music box thing.

Mmm, which server is recommended of the two? This or Draenor? I'll have to create a new character as well, probably a tank. I'll be casual, so tank will help me get through the long queue times I'll have as DPS, but am I correct in saying that Tanking specs are no longer really viable for leveling? At least that's what I've been hearing. Also, I don't think I have any Heirlooms, nor do I have the currency to get some.

Draenor is mostly Horde, Silvermoon is mostly Alliance and Magtheridon is nearly an equal split.

From what I've heard you can be DPS while questing and the game will automatically change you to Tank in a dungeon, then when you leave it reverts you back to DPS. So you're best picking a class that has both specs available (DK, Pala, Warrior or Druid).

Stainless

Is it normal that I have a constant popup telling me I have honor talent points available but they're actually not available until I hit level 110

Respect

Is it normal that I have a constant popup telling me I have honor points available but they're actually not available until I hit level 110

It was doing that on the PTR the last day...not sure what they did, guess it carried over to live though. You have a trinket ability, but it is on a 3 min CD.

Stainless

It was doing that on the PTR the last day...not sure what they did, guess it carried over to live though. You have a trinket ability, but it is on a 3 min CD.

Yeah I saw it's a gladiator's medallion, just gets annoying for it to pop up every time I change zones or whatever. Thanks!

Raxious

Draenor is mostly Horde, Silvermoon is mostly Alliance and Magtheridon is nearly an equal split.

From what I've heard you can be DPS while questing and the game will automatically change you to Tank in a dungeon, then when you leave it reverts you back to DPS. So you're best picking a class that has both specs available (DK, Pala, Warrior or Druid).

Aight, now all I have to do is figure out which class I'm gonna be. Either Pala or Druid. Might go Druid as I've never played that, and with DH coming up that might become my typical sword wielding tank.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
someone was saying the heirloom upgrades are cheaper now? can someone confirm yes or no if you are on a servr with the patch live?

I want to upgrade my cloth stuff to use on my lock but if its cheaper with the path ill wait until tomorow

RPGCrazied

This is lame, they should have left the garrison enchanter alone. Now I have to be a level 600 enchanter in order to buy this recipe in order to learn this enchant for it to be added in the appearance tab?

Since there's only so much I can do on my Paladin right now each day beyond straight farming I leveled a hunter to 10 last night before logging off. Wanted try out low-level Survival this morning with the changes. It looks like it could be a fun spec to play but I definitely miss the trademarked asshole advantage that hunters have in pve with range. Without the scorpion "GET OVER HERE" chain thing, Survival feels a lot like low-level Warrior without the charge. Been using pet attack commands just to pull things as I slowly trundle along. Looking at Survival I get why they changed Aspect of the Cheetah, removed the persistence and mini-stun, but without it being constantly on and without range low-level Survival feels super kludgy. I may just switch to Beastmaster for leveling in PVE and save Survival for Legion content when there's more toys in the kit to play around with.

They haven't updated the heirloom tab to reflect that Survival Hunters can use the Warden Staff but you can change the drop down to all classes to gain access to it.

Except searching by material name no longer works.

That sucks, maybe it's just not fully/properly implemented yet? I certainly hope that's some sort of oversight/bug.

Babalu.

This is a great little tool.

http://www.kruithne.net/recipes/

Pop in your details and scroll down to the Unavailable section to see if you can craft anything that is no longer available to learn. Boom, extra goldmine.

so what is this telling me.

this is my vanilla mage that hasnt been touched since BC. I always figured it had some items that cant be made anymore but I never knew how to check,

Is everything under the unobtainable section stuff that you cant make anymore or get the recipe for anymore?

So i should check how much those things sell for?

http://www.kruithne.net/recipes/#us:blackwing-lair:babalu

Ashodin

Wow combat feels SO WEIRD now with the new spec + dynamicam. It's more... dynamic.

Like I feel like I'm really in there trading blows and shit

RPGCrazied

Do your professions still get boosted when you boost a level 60 character? If so I'm guessing my level 73 shaman is going to get that. He has enchantment, but only level 180.

Love to make those tomes for illusions myself. They are going for a pretty penny right now on AH.

Shahadan

So dynamicam is an add-on enabling actioncam settings depending on the situation? Did I get that right?
Where can I download it? The only thing that I can find is from june

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
they took out the garrison gold bags too..? wtf do you dump garrison resources into then now..

Been trying the basic Action Camera, seems pretty neat so far. Turns out it isn't a character specific option but account wide.

Also they added a spear heirloom, it's bugged atm and doesn't display on your back. The warden staff is showing up for survival hunters in the heirloom tab now.

they took out the garrison gold bags too..? wtf do you dump garrison resources into then now..

Anything that directly printed gold in the garrisons is gone. That window has closed.

The1Ski

I heard BM hunters got wrecked. Not able to get on at the moment but I'm concerned.

I've only been playing a week but it sounds like the majority of my rotation got nuked from orbit.

I guess Blizzard just had to be sure.

Boogdud

So anyone have a bag/inventory management add-on recommendation other than Arkinventory? It's broke as a joke and I'm tired of dealing with it already.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
So anyone have a bag/inventory management add-on recommendation other than Arkinventory? It's broke as a joke and I'm tired of dealing with it already.

Bagnon is broken too, I have a feeling most similar ones will be for now.

Is anyone else on Mac? I wonder if the graphics and framerate issues I'm having are because of Mac. :/ The game feels almost unplayable. Keeps shuddering and stopping. I changed so many settings for marginal improvement.

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
Lmao. Sheeit. The author says he'll be updating it tomorrow for the EU launch so I guess I'll just wait.

Perl has usually held up well on these patches too, even the X days, but yeah this one totally snapped. Basically all my addons did. It's a good chance for purge due to the nameplate and energy/resource updates too.

Top Bottom