• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT7| Feel the hatred of 10,000 Murlocs

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
male dog animations are still pretty shit, especially casters :(

So dumb cool Holiday cosmetic items and things like Vile Fumigator's Mask which I guess is actually Holiday also aren't able to be used in wardrobe...makes no sense.

Primus

Should probably post this on the wow support forums. Probably a bug related to the patch or an oversight to not allow changing that bit individually

Just put up a post there. Was hoping there'd be a quick fix, but now I'm worried since multiple people here are having the same issues.

I probably should've rolled a Goblin Hunter and gone engi instead of Troll/LW, at least then the Goblin racial and engineer tinkers could've filled the mobility void when Aspect of the Cheetah is on CD.

I figured you would have made a gnome hunter. I'm still trying to decide on gnome or goblin. Leaning towards gnome since most of the mechanical pets fit them thematically.

So dumb cool Holiday cosmetic items and things like Vile Fumigator's Mask which I guess is actually Holiday also aren't able to be used in wardrobe...makes no sense.

Yeah, I was hoping that the rose head item from the Valentine's event would be added to the wardrobe.

Lomax

No fun allowed! Can't mog the fish, or cookie's rod, or any of the holiday dresses either. I'm hoping they give in eventually but for now they are clinging to that. The level requirements are stupid too, would it matter that much for a bank alt to be in tier gear?

epidemic if you spec into it (I did for now), death and decay, soul reaper?

Death and Decay is AoE, not really a core ability.

And the reworked Soul Reaper is pretty bad compared to Dark Arbiter.

No fun allowed! Can't mog the fish, or cookie's rod, or any of the holiday dresses either. I'm hoping they give in eventually but for now they are clinging to that. The level requirements are stupid too, would it matter that much for a bank alt to be in tier gear?

It wouldn't necessarily break the game, but yes having level 1s or 20s, whatever, running around in tier gear that you acquire at level 60+ would be kinda dumb.

Logged into my toons across a few different servers and unlocked every transmog achievement except shirts because I've never bothered with them. There's two you get in low-level alli quests in Elwynn Forrest and Westfall. That and guild shirts, those are all I got. It's only 15 and it looks like I can buy the rest off of vendors. I don't know why I care, I don't want the title.

I figured you would have made a gnome hunter. I'm still trying to decide on gnome or goblin. Leaning towards gnome since most of the mechanical pets fit them thematically.

On Proudmoore I might, eventually, make a Gnome Hunter but on Hyjal all my toons are Horde. It might be neat fun to view Azeroth from the perspective of a Gnome or Goblin with the action camera but I want to level the hunter to cap for Legion and the troll bonuses in conjunction with heirlooms and Skinning/LW made the most sense.

If I ever made a macro, it would probably be making the Gnome /lol while using Harpoon. Probably not practical but it would make me laugh.

Strimei

Thank you for the feedback.

I was using Serenity before, but I'm not really sure I like how it works with our new mastery and hit combo. I was considering Whirling Dragon Punch instead.

I need to get a parser and really play around with this some more.

No problem!

I'm honestly really enjoying Whriling Dragon Punch, it fits in well and hits fairly hard (plus its fun, heh). I haven't given Serenity a shot, admittedly, so maybe that'll click for me too, but at the moment the talents I gave you are what feels comfortable to me for now.

May change things slightly when I get the artifact though, since that adds in another ability too. Will see.

AlanOC91

Shimmer and Displacement are extremely good in PVP for a mage. I was making fools out of multiple rogues who just couldn't catch me.

Having two blinks, the ability to back to the spot of one blink with displacement is just too good. You keep them running constantly.

I did a BG where I had 0 deaths over it. So far PVP is really really fun.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
btw illidari felstalker mount is too small for male dogs :(

it should scale in size

ZenaxPure

May change things slightly when I get the artifact though, since that adds in another ability too. Will see.

I still prefer WDP even with the artifact ability. The artifact ability cooldown isn't that long but it's long enough that your core rotation doesn't really feel all that different with it. That's not to say there is no impact (the biggest difference off the top of my head is there are points where RSK and the artifact ability are coming off cooldown at the same time so you have to have 4 chi ready to go which is not something you will experience right now) but it doesn't make WDP feel like overkill. At least imo.

I really hate chi orbit and serenity though, so I might be biased.

Ashodin

OMFG! The new backpeddling animation for Tauren!

yFkNBLY.gif

weeeeeeeird

Strimei

I still prefer WDP even with the artifact ability. The artifact ability cooldown isn't that long but it's long enough that your core rotation doesn't really feel all that different with it. That's not to say there is no impact (the biggest difference off the top of my head is there are points where RSK and the artifact ability are coming off cooldown at the same time so you have to have 4 chi ready to go which is not something you will experience right now) but it doesn't make WDP feel like overkill. At least imo.

I really hate chi orbit and serenity though, so I might be biased.

I haven't been on beta in a while (and haven't actually tested my monk since the last character wipe) so I couldn't remember how well the artifact ability was incorporated into the rotation, but what you say does sound right to me.

And yeah I really hate chi orbit. It may actually be an ok ability but the constantly orbiting chi orbs just bothers me at the very least. So I'm quite happy with WDP.

Dat abom doe huehuehue

Seriously please update the Abombination model

Oh yeah, that is literally an abomination, it's horrible that a legion talent is a fucking vanilla wow model mob, timmy needs an update asap as well, good thing I had a giest glyph prepared so I didn't have to look him for more than 10 seconds.

Giest glyph should at least overwrite abom too at the minimum.

What sucks is that abom is actually an aoe dps and survivability (/w corpse shield) increase, so I might have to take it at some point, but I'll stick with asphyxiation for now for the sake of my eyes.

Army of the dead mobs need replacements or updates too, especially with how much we'll be seeing them with the artifact.

Rhaknar

what level do DHs start at, and do you get to 100 with just their special zone?

ZenaxPure

I haven't been on beta in a while (and haven't actually tested my monk since the last character wipe) so I couldn't remember how well the artifact ability was incorporated into the rotation, but what you say does sound right to me.

And yeah I really hate chi orbit. It may actually be an ok ability but the constantly orbiting chi orbs just bothers me at the very least. So I'm quite happy with WDP.

Almost all my WoW time over the past couple of months has been on beta running dungeons as windwalker :p, I've gotten pretty accustomed to it already. It actually feels really weird on live not having strike of the windlord, muscle memory already wants to hit it.

As for chi orbit, yeah the animation is annoying as fuck. But on top of that it's passive and the way the new mastery works it feels good having another couple of buttons to hit since helps you cut out down time.

Tenebrous

Having a problem with WeakAuras & Ignore Pain. Once IP goes past 999,999, it starts to show in the thousands (like 1432 would be 1432k)... But it doesn't show the k, so sometimes, at a glance, it can be a tad confusing.

Any way to get it to show all 7 numbers?

This master looter shit is stupid. I swear to god Ion is one of the biggest fucking problems with this game, and the constant need to take away options is really, REALLY getting fucking old.

Rhaknar

Start at 98, finish intro at 100. DH have to do zero non-Legion content.

3219036.gif

I will finish my lock for sure, we'll see wht I do about the noobie hunter or rogue (15 and 20 respectively), I cant see myself do any other class, even tho as I say that, I really enjoyed what I saw of unholy when I did the quick spec (he's 92), so I really didnt need another class tht would take long to get to 100.

Strimei

Almost all my WoW time over the past couple of months has been on beta running dungeons as windwalker :p, I've gotten pretty accustomed to it already. It actually feels really weird on live not having strike of the windlord, muscle memory already wants to hit it.

As for chi orbit, yeah the animation is annoying as fuck. But on top of that it's passive and the way the new mastery works it feels good having another couple of buttons to hit since helps you cut out down time.

Hah, gotcha. I have been trying to balance time on beta so as to not burn myself out too much (already sick and tired of the Broken Shore intro. Thank GOD they let you skip it after doing it once now, and that'll go live). But at the same time, I want to do some testing since...well, beta test and all, right? I ended up focusing on my main, a mage, due to not being able to skip the shore for a while (and its my main so I wanted to focus the most on it anyway).

Yeah, you're right about having a few other buttons to help out. I vaguely recall early on in beta I felt like I had nothing to hit a few times when I was trying out other talents, and I hated that. Much better now.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
This master looter shit is stupid. I swear to god Ion is one of the biggest fucking problems with this game, and the constant need to take away options is really, REALLY getting fucking old.

Master loot for non-guild (IE, random/pug) runs is a garbage idea 99% of the time anyway due to how superior personal is in almost every way. This seems like another run of the mill forumite over-reaction.

I will finish my lock for sure, we'll see wht I do about the noobie hunter or rogue (15 and 20 respectively), I cant see myself do any other class, even tho as I say that, I really enjoyed what I saw of unholy when I did the quick spec (he's 92), so I really didnt need another class tht would take long to get to 100.

I have a few chars I may try to get to 100 before Legion comes out. Druid and Paladin are both 91 and Rogue is 80. Hopefully I'll finish out at least one of them.
Planning to use the free 100 on priest

Rhaknar

hoping on my 20 Rogue, in over 10 years of WoW, Rogue is the only class I never played at max level. I barely played Pali but I did (hell I used my 90 boost on a pali last xpac) but never played Rogue.

Ive actually been graduating to enjoy melee more the last few years in other games, which was one of the reasons I never really played a Rogue (and barely played the other melee classes, just wasnt my thing for a long time)

2 things that jump out at me. !) Female dogs really are superior in every way to male dogs, I usually use males because I like big armors, but female armor is actually quite big as well (they dont really have the usual female tiny shoulder piece problem that other races have), I should delete my hunter and make a fem one while im still low lvl before I regret it

the other thing that jumps out is, wtf is this action cam thing. It just weaves and bobs, is that it? Its actually kinda making me sea sick :/

Ashodin

Dynamicam is dope as fuck

Fighting raid bosses and your character is down at the bottom of the screen while they're huge as fuck in view

Master loot for non-guild (IE, random/pug) runs is a garbage idea 99% of the time anyway due to how superior personal is in almost every way. This seems like another run of the mill forumite over-reaction.

While I would agree ML in PuGs morphed into something toxic enough for there to be a not-insignificant problem, I don't think this is the solution.

It eliminates the possibility for several, positive types of groups to exist, such as a regular raid group formed on OpenRaid.

The problem is always in the people, and despite the changes to personal loot, it will still be inferior to the control you can get from ML.

It's not the most elegant fix, let's say.

I'd elaborate more, but still out of town and just on phone.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
While I would agree ML in PuGs morphed into something toxic enough for there to be a not-insignificant problem, I don't think this is the solution.

It eliminates the possibility for several, positive types of groups to exist, such as a regular raid group formed on OpenRaid.

The problem is always in the people, and despite the changes to personal loot, it will still be inferior to the control you can get from ML.

It's not the most elegant fix, let's say.

I'd elaborate more, but still out of town and just on phone.

I feel like the new change to personal loot that allows it to be tradeable to raid members if it is not a strict ilvl upgrade for you makes the scenarios in which master loot would be preferable for a pug (or even a non-guild organized group) very, very small.

ampere

I feel like the new change to personal loot that allows it to be tradeable to raid members if it is not a strict ilvl upgrade for you makes the scenarios in which master loot would be preferable for a pug (or even a non-guild organized group) very, very small.

Yeah but what if I wanna ninja everything for myself

And type ANAL all day in trade chat

Blizz ruined gaem. I sadd ruin gaem blkzzzzz

Rhaknar

just remembered something else that needs fixing with Demo, theres no indicator on demonic empowerment buff besides a slight color change to your pets

Shahadan

How the fuck am I supposed to keep track on which allies I have Atonement on? In a raid I mean. In 5 man it's easy.

But in raid when there are 20 people and I can't see shit anyway because of all the bars and the spell effects and demons and whatever else, I can't. Unless someone makes me a add on which will make people sparkle I'm not sure what I can do

No, not really. My guild uses a sister guild when we run, so we don't always have a full "guild" group from the same server. Changing how master looter works makes it so groups like mine cannot distribute loot in a way that works for our situation. In other words, the multiple types of groups out there now have their ability to distribute loot dictated by blizzard in a way that isn't going to be beneficial for all the people involved. You go from many types of groups having options for how to distribute loot to one option unless it's a guild group on the same server. That's stupid. I know we can now trade personal loot if the ilvl is lower but ilvl isn't the only thing to consider when giving out gear. This change assumes that it is. If people don't want to pug with people who do master looter then don't pug with people who use master looter. The option is there. Why take away something that everybody else uses? They're trying to solve an issue that isn't really an issue, and once again trying to cater to a minority that's complaining about something that isn't an issue. They've been doing this since WoD, and it's usually Ion who is out there leading the charge for a lot of these changes. Taking away choices from people generally doesn't help the game.

On a different note, what irritates me about this and a lot of changes that have been done over the years is that Blizzard says they want feedback but they really don't. They're just checking off a box that says "Ask community for their feedback" so they can say they did it. WoD really was a cluster fuck that the community gave a LOT of feedback on and they didn't really listen to shit during the entire WoD cycle. Supposedly we will see how they listened to that feedback with legion, however, making this kind of change means they aren't really interested in listening anyway. They would have removed flying as well if people didn't absolutely lose their shit.

It's a lot easier to look at decisions like this, even as small as they may seem, as part of the systemic issue the WoW team as a whole has when it comes to feedback and then realize why they've lost so many subs. It's not because "Well they took away ML" or "They were fucking with flying". It's all of those things combined together and it makes it look like Blizzard is trying to solve issues that aren't really issues and are just pissing the community off.

ZenaxPure

Blizz ruined gaem. I sadd ruin gaem blkzzzzz

I went to get a whispering crystal (and mess around with survival) on a hunter and when I got into the dungeon there was some fury warrior moaning about how blizzard dumbed down his spec. He then proceeded to do around 11k dps on bosses. I had to try really hard to not tell him that apparently blizzard didn't dumb it down enough for him.

Top Bottom