• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT7| Feel the hatred of 10,000 Murlocs

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
"We weren't happy with the dungeon situation in Warlords..." So we decided to launch Legion with the same amount of dungeons, plus one rehash of a dungeon you all hated, and remove the most compelling mode.

Well done, Blizzard.

Sounds about right.

The actual amount of dungeons isn't really the issue with dungeons, though...

You mean the biggest content patch ever won't tide us over

lel

Shahadan

It isn't the issue, but it's still an issue.

Not really. 6,9 or 15 you'll be sick of them in a month, and devs would have worked twice as much for nothing.
Also, make too much of them and the loot tables become an issue.

What they could do however, is either go back to add a new one with a patch (though another loot problem will apply) or finally decide to do something about diversity.
Either create a randomly generated dungeon or copy Wildstar and its branching paths and voting system. Make each run different than the last. That's the focus they should have in mind now.

ZenaxPure

Well I didn't check but there again they're probably not lying. Whether you can complete everything it has to offer in two day or two years, it's not equal to its size.

Half the content in 6.2 is just dungeons that were already in the game, I mean yeah if we're being technical that is new content, but... C'mon. That's disingenuous as hell.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Oh neat, I have the coalfist gronnling mission and I can 100% it.

Shahadan

Half the content in 6.2 is just dungeons that were already in the game, I mean yeah if we're being technical that is new content, but... C'mon. That's disingenuous as hell.

Mythic dungeons were not even on my mind, but even that takes a bit of work. And if heroic dungeons were considered worthy content in BC/Wotlk...
Correct me if I'm wrong but the only times we got a whole new zone + a new raid were the last patch of BC and MoP, (edit: well isle of thunder as well I guess)and as much as I find Tanaan and HFC completely ugly and uninteresting, those are clearly bigger.

We can add the shipyard and the new weekly events as well, it's not created in a night, even if they're not much.

I mean we can reduce the importance or relevance of anything we don't like, but that doesn't mean it didn't take work and time to create.
Patch 6.2 sucks imo but it's not tiny.

Nere

Any other demo lock really afraid right now? I play demo ever since I first played my lock although I can play the other 2 specs I find them both really boring. Demo is so original and fun to play so scared of what will happen to it in Legion.

Anoregon

Any other demo lock really afraid right now? I play demo ever since I first played my lock although I can play the other 2 specs I find them both really boring. Demo is so original and fun to play so scared of what will happen to it in Legion.

I'm actually looking forward to it. I've always liked demo, but WoD seemed to be the least fun version of it for me.

Nere

I'm actually looking forward to it. I've always liked demo, but WoD seemed to be the least fun version of it for me.

People say that WoD demo is way worse than MoP but the differences between them are really small dunno how the MoP demo version can be so much better than WoD's. Also do you actually trust blizzard is capable enough to redesign the spec into something fun or will there be another arms case of a braindead spec?

That Blood DK axe looks crazy. I want that instead of the Unholy Sword.

The bow at the bottom is pretty interesting. Wonder how bows for sub rogues would fly over.

Right now I want to see the Arms and Fury weapons above all else.

RPGCrazied

The bow at the bottom is pretty interesting. Wonder how bows for sub rogues would fly over.

No way rogues will get a bow.

I'm guessing, but it will be something like this:

Assassination = Daggers
Subtlety = Axes?
Combat = Sword or Fists?

Auctopus

So, unless it's been confirmed, what level do we think Demon Hunters will start at? 80, 90? Going by when the Death Knight was released, it should be around 85, right?

RPGCrazied

So, unless it's been confirmed, what level do we think Demon Hunters will start at? 80, 90? Going by when the Death Knight was released, it should be around 85, right?

They said around 95 or 100. Might as well start at 100 and just let them go to the new zones. At 95 you'd have to go to Draenor, eeek.

Tenebrous

Same. Not expecting much, sadly... Thank the heavens for Transmog.

Shahadan

They said around 95 or 100. Might as well start at 100 and just let them go to the new zones. At 95 you'd have to go to Draenor, eeek.

Not necessarily. DKs didn't start at 60, DHs can start at 95 and not leave their starting area until 100.

Since they're supposed to be illidaris, they should start at 70 and get a starting experience with fast level up until 100 :D

Same. Not expecting much, sadly... Thank the heavens for Transmog.

Yeah I've got like 20 weapons just sitting in my bank that I"ve accumulated for transmogs. Had them in my bags for weaponmaster but they got so full :(.

I think it would be cool if arms got something called a mighty two hander, just to distinguish them from Death Knights and Ret. Something like what Barbarians got in D3.

No way rogues will get a bow.

I'm guessing, but it will be something like this:

Assassination = Daggers
Subtlety = Axes?
Combat = Sword or Fists?

I'd love some fists weapons, I'd rather Enhance got some of those instead of doom hammer. Which reminds me, I'm thinking wind walker will get either dual wielding or two hand weapons cut.

Tenebrous

Yeah I've got like 20 weapons just sitting in my bank that I"ve accumulated for transmogs. Had them in my bags for weaponmaster but they got so full :(.

I think it would be cool if arms got something called a mighty two hander, just to distinguish them from Death Knights and Ret. Something like what Barbarians got in D3.

I'd love some fists weapons, I'd rather Enhance got some of those instead of doom hammer. Which reminds me, I'm thinking wind walker will get either dual wielding or two hand weapons cut.

No idea how people have so little space in their bags. Buy 30 slots already, haha.

Peachpies

That thing tomorrow, is that just a Q & A or something different? Do we know?
It will be more similar to how Thursday was rather than a Q&A, but I'm sure they will be answering some of the common questions people have been having even if they don't directly take questions.

lazygecko

I'm glad Blizzard's artists are still making metal look like stone. /s

Whenever I look around for swords to transmog I always end up with pre-WotLK ones cause they're the only ones that actually look sharp and made out of reflective metal.

Like I said about the armor texture design, there was a very noticeable shift in visual style that happened during WotLK. After that, most weapons look really thick, worn with scratches, and no reflective surfaces. Hell, they gave the lvl60 PvP weapons the same treatment when they retextured them for the Garrosh heirloom drops.

Tenebrous

Welp. I resubbed. Time to figure out what happened with 6.2 and figure out the best character/way to farm up gold.

Get as many characters as you can to 90-92, build a level 2 Garrison & get a trading post. Should get around 1k Garrison resources a week, so do this on 11 toons for 11k resources a week. Grab some Draenic Dust at 4 resources for 3g, and you're already at almost 9k a week.

Level up engineering/blacksmithing/tailoring/JC/inscription/leatherworking on ALL of them, and spam those daily CDs for item upgrades. I make about 40k a week doing this, and everything usually sells within 24-48 hours.

Takes about 20 minutes a day of played time. Could be a lot worse.

cdyhybrid

Get as many characters as you can to 90-92, build a level 2 Garrison & get a trading post. Should get around 1k Garrison resources a week, so do this on 11 toons for 11k resources a week. Grab some Draenic Dust at 4 resources for 3g, and you're already at almost 9k a week.

Level up engineering/blacksmithing/tailoring/JC/inscription/leatherworking on ALL of them, and spam those daily CDs for item upgrades. I make about 40k a week doing this, and everything usually sells within 24-48 hours.

Takes about 20 minutes a day of played time. Could be a lot worse.

To clarify:

1) You're doing work orders at the Trading Post for GR, trading that GR for Dust, and then AHing the Dust, correct?

2) You're selling the item that is consumed to upgrade the armor, not the armor itself?

Tenebrous

To clarify:

1) You're doing work orders at the Trading Post for GR, trading that GR for Dust, and then AHing the Dust, correct?

2) You're selling the item that is consumed to upgrade the armor, not the armor itself?

1) No, can't be bothered with that. I just loot the Garrison Cache and use the resources on whatever is most expensive on my realm (almost always Dust).

2) Yep.

It's really easy to make gold if you have high level alts for Garrison. If you're more proactive, you can run your toons through 25 man HC Cata raids for an easy 20k gold per lockout at least. GL finding the energy to run Firelands & DS 25hc 11 times each, though.

Personally, I just wanna make gold for 0 effort, haha.

cdyhybrid

1) No, can't be bothered with that. I just loot the Garrison Cache and use the resources on whatever is most expensive on my realm (almost always Dust).

2) Yep.

It's really easy to make gold if you have high level alts for Garrison. If you're more proactive, you can run your toons through 25 man HC Cata raids for an easy 20k gold per lockout at least. GL finding the energy to run Firelands & DS 25hc 11 times each, though.

Personally, I just wanna make gold for 0 effort, haha.

Ah, gotcha. I forgot about the Garrison Cache. Yeah, I'm in the same boat. Want as much gold as I can get for little time investment.

Tenebrous

The Elemental Shaman better get an artifact shield. I love my shield.

Same with Holy Paladins & Resto Shamans.

What about classes that can go 1h/oh or staff? I'm leaning towards...

Balance: Staff
Resto: Mace/OH
Holy Priest: Mace/OH
Disc: Staff

Warlock & Mage are all staff builds, no doubt.

lazygecko

The Elemental Shaman better get an artifact shield. I love my shield.

Speaking of which, I hope during the class redesign passes they finally give shamans some kind of active shield ability. They're the only shield-using class that don't have any specific ability tied to it. The slot is just used for stats and a bit of passive armor. Back in vanilla and TBC there was at least a talent that increased block chance.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
I hope Fury gets two different models for each of the swords and they also allow each weapon to have different specs.

Drake

So I've been playing the last week on a free promotion that blizzard sent out. It's the first time I've played since wrath. Got my mage up to 90. I forgot how addicting this game is. I REALLY want to buy WoD now, but I don't want to pay full price for am expansion that in it's twilight days.

On a side note I've been doing a bunch of old raids that I never got to see. Killed Illidan for the 1st time and the off hand glaive dropped. A lot of good it does me on my mage. The bulwark dropped too. The best looking shield in the game IMO. 2 awesome items and I can't do anything with them.

Tenebrous

So I've been playing the last week on a free promotion that blizzard sent out. It's the first time I've played since wrath. Got my mage up to 90. I forgot how addicting this game is. I REALLY want to buy WoD now, but I don't want to pay full price for am expansion that in it's twilight days.

On a side note I've been doing a bunch of old raids that I never got to see. Killed Illidan for the 1st time and the off hand glaive dropped. A lot of good it does me on my mage. The bulwark dropped too. The best looking shield in the game IMO. 2 awesome items and I can't do anything with them.

WoD being in its twilight days is hopeless optimism from the fans. This patch will last another 6-8 months at least.

Top Bottom