• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT7| Feel the hatred of 10,000 Murlocs

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Arms will probably be a sword and Fury will be a 2h mace and an 2h axe i bet

I hope they take a long hard look at arms as a PVE spec. Especially with PVP abilities being a thing now.

EmiPrime

So I've been playing the last week on a free promotion that blizzard sent out. It's the first time I've played since wrath. Got my mage up to 90. I forgot how addicting this game is. I REALLY want to buy WoD now, but I don't want to pay full price for am expansion that in it's twilight days.

On a side note I've been doing a bunch of old raids that I never got to see. Killed Illidan for the 1st time and the off hand glaive dropped. A lot of good it does me on my mage. The bulwark dropped too. The best looking shield in the game IMO. 2 awesome items and I can't do anything with them.

I have Thoridal on my rogue; I can equip it but I can't fire it because they took away that ability.

The biggest tease of all.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Enh Shaman not getting hand of rag while Ret Paladins get Ashbringer is bullshit
images

They aredy messed that up with FL though so whatev

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I'll be happy with my glaives ;D

Haha yeah, DH have it easy. Pretty sure this pic has a shot of the default artifact:

I still don't know what I plan to main in Legion. I've been enjoying my DW frost DK lately, and the idea of having a pair of swords made out of Frostmourne pieces is pretty awesome. I'm also really interested in seeing how demo and survival turn out, though. The idea of my troll hunter having cool melee abilities with a badass spear while my pet is next to me tearing up some mobs is definitely appealing.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I'll main the Demon Hunter. I want to play melee again, and I'd like to try the 'new' melee for once.

Unless they show some amazing shit for Arms Warrior.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Same with Holy Paladins & Resto Shamans.

What about classes that can go 1h/oh or staff? I'm leaning towards...

Balance: Staff
Resto: Mace/OH
Holy Priest: Mace/OH
Disc: Staff

Warlock & Mage are all staff builds, no doubt.

If all of the warlock artifacts are staves I'll be disappointed. They could easily incorporate a dagger/OH in there.

Brokun

Haha yeah, DH have it easy. Pretty sure this pic has a shot of the default artifact:

I still don't know what I plan to main in Legion. I've been enjoying my DW frost DK lately, and the idea of having a pair of swords made out of Frostmourne pieces is pretty awesome. I'm also really interested in seeing how demo and survival turn out, though. The idea of my troll hunter having cool melee abilities with a badass spear while my pet is next to me tearing up some mobs is definitely appealing.

If the DH artifact isn't Illidan's glaives they fucked up.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Yeah... Yeah, I'm starting to feel the hype now. Helps that I'll have a new computer by the time this is out as well. Ran most of it on Med-High settings during WoD at 30 FPS, but sometimes I'd get to like the forest parts of Spires of Arak and it'd killed my FPS.

JSoup

Banned
Hadn't thought about it before, but if the sky is the limit, I'd like the different weapon variations to also alter my attack animations. Monk using the crane version of the staff? All attacks are switched to red coloration with feathers (which I'm aware they did have in the beta, but dropped cause it looked like you were killing a chicken anytime spinkick was used).

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
Hadn't thought about it before, but if the sky is the limit, I'd like the different weapon variations to also alter my attack animations. Monk using the crane version of the staff? All attacks are switched to red coloration with feathers (which I'm aware they did have in the beta, but dropped cause it looked like you were killing a chicken anytime spinkick was used).

At this point I'd be wary that they will keep the promise of each spec getting their own weapon and a healthy number of variants, let alone that sort of customization.

After the laundry list of cut content from WoD, I'm watching all the shit they announce now and picking what I think is most likely to not make it.

I expect we'll be lucky to see half those weapons if it's anything like WoD was.

JSoup

Banned
I'll be honest, if there aren't at least 20 variants per spec weapon, I can't see the system being that interesting. Otherwise it'll just be the same sea of weapons all over the place and that sound boring as hell.

On another note, finally got the Vitreous Stone Drake from Stonecore.

cdyhybrid

At this point I'd be wary that they will keep the promise of each spec getting their own weapon and a healthy number of variants, let alone that sort of customization.

After the laundry list of cut content from WoD, I'm watching all the shit they announce now and picking what I think is most likely to not make it.

I expect we'll be lucky to see half those weapons if it's anything like WoD was.

I'm glad to see you're now more realistic about what to expect from Blizzard than you used to be.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
I'll be honest, if there aren't at least 20 variants per spec weapon, I can't see the system being that interesting. Otherwise it'll just be the same sea of weapons all over the place and that sound boring as hell.

On another note, finally got the Vitreous Stone Drake from Stonecore.

I think by focusing on only 36 weapons for the whole expansion, they may be able to do something interesting. They've always had to spend time designing crappy green weapons for questing and for each raid tier, so them working on just the set of weapons is probably better for them honestly.

Not to mention a lot of the base designs and models are already there, they're just lifting a lot of them from the heroes' that we have already seen before.

There will probably be generic filters for all of the weapons for tints and shit. And I'm sure they're planning on awarding customizations through achievements so it'll diversify what you see a bit

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
I'm glad to see you're now more realistic about what to expect from Blizzard than you used to be.

Uh, I think this smart ass remark may have backfired. You were the one expecting servers to work perfectly with the biggest spike the game has ever seen. Everyone else was realistic to know the servers weren't going to work for a while.

Good try though?

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops

It's always interesting listening back to when an xpack is first reveal, it always sounds so amazing and then most of the things they promise either don't end up making it or they are changed up so much they are no longer amazing.

Dungeons are probably not going to be relevant again and if they are it's for a completely boring reason. Double jump for DH is probably going to be removed or nerfed to the ground.

They always talk about these big sweeping features that will change the way he play and then they get watered down so much that they are very even there. Do you guys remember how much they hyped up tertiary stats and everything they showed seemed like they would have a huge impact on gear in WoD? They have zero impact on loot currently.

cdyhybrid

Uh, I think this smart ass remark may have backfired. You were the one expecting servers to work perfectly with the biggest spike the game has ever seen. Everyone else was realistic to know the servers weren't going to work for a while.

Good try though?

Nah, I was bitching about it, but I didn't expect it.

Can't expect them to get off their asses and improve anything unless you actually tell them they need to do it! You, on the other hand, were willing to give them a free pass, even though they were making record-setting money and saw the issues coming from a mile away.

cdyhybrid

I'd rather they just make one of the cosmetic options for the artifact look like the Warglaives of Azzinoth. The ones posted a few posts up look pretty cool, wouldn't want to lose those for an item model that's already in the game.

zugzug

this nonsense about removing 1 handed frost death knight spec is a reason people just call shit all over the wow devs.

but then I'm not in favor of this artifact weapon for everyone in legion idea to begin with.

Alliance enhancement shaman wielding Doomhammer. Sorry Blizzard but thats utter nonsense to me.

Edit: oh yeah Ravenholdt or Riot #tweet to @warcraftDevs

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
So wish I hadn't deleted my scourge invasion gear.

Oh yeah. I had that stuff too. Eh, maybe they will unlock for us in the transmog closet as long as we have looted it before. Would suck because a lot of those quest items you go through wouldnt be available anymore...

Arms will probably be a sword and Fury will be a 2h mace and an 2h axe i bet

I hope they take a long hard look at arms as a PVE spec. Especially with PVP abilities being a thing now.

Yeah I'm thinking Arms will be a sword, to me arms has always been about the tactical warrior, and swords embellish that. Axes are more savage weapons and belong to fury.

I want someone to get fist weapons though, damnit.

Combat rogues make me think cutlasses/rapiers as well.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!

I believe there are 5 models with 4 colors each per artifact, so that's exactly 20 variants. Example:

Not feeling it, but to each their own. Personally, those colour differences would do my nut in, haha.

I actually like it, even if it is on a filthy blood elf. I definitely want to farm a broken hilt if I ever get around to leveling my pally, quel'delar is a great ret transmog.

I want someone to get fist weapons though, damnit.

Yeah, enhance would have made the most since, but they are doomhammering so who knows. Windwalker monks maybe?

Anoregon

I vendored mine at the end of Wrath. Any idea if you can get a new one?

It doesn't seem likely. It's probably too far back for the automated item restore feature on the b.net site too, so maybe try a ticket?

Nere

I vendored mine at the end of Wrath. Any idea if you can get a new one?

Exactly the same as I did, sad story=(
So let's say the story. Right when the icc patch launched and the dungeons were available I qued in through the brand new looking for group mode (at least I think thats when it first launched right? sorry if wrong) and while doing the trash of one of those dungeons the hilt drops. I didn't knew what it was and I didn't knew if I was supposed to need or greed but since I saw everyone needing it I needed too and of course I won it, didn't cared much. After the dungeons I searched wowhead to see what that quest item and when I realized what it was I was jumping from joy did the quest and ended up to have probably the best available weapon in the server day one, raised my gearscore over 5000 I think, if anyone remembers that before ilvl. Later on I realised I could sell it for around 200.000 gold in my server=( Later on I quit wow and restarted at the early start of cataclysm. The quel'delar was still my best weapon and equipped found another better one through questing so I sold it......... before 4.3 and trasmog system launched. Felt really stupid after I did that.

lazygecko

Exactly the same as I did, sad story=(
So let's say the story. Right when the icc patch launched and the dungeons were available I qued in through the brand new looking for group mode (at least I think thats when it first launched right? sorry if wrong) and while doing the trash of one of those dungeons the hilt drops. I didn't knew what it was and I didn't knew if I was supposed to need or greed but since I saw everyone needing it I needed too and of course I won it, didn't cared much. After the dungeons I searched wowhead to see what that quest item and when I realized what it was I was jumping from joy did the quest and ended up to have probably the best available weapon in the server day one, raised my gearscore over 5000 I think, if anyone remembers that before ilvl. Later on I realised I could sell it for around 200.000 gold in my server=( Later on I quit wow and restarted at the early start of cataclysm. The quel'delar was still my best weapon and equipped found another better one through questing so I sold it......... before 4.3 and trasmog system launched. Felt really stupid after I did that.

I was dumb enough to delete old gear that can't be obtained any more, but I kept all the stupid shit. Like, I still have a bunch of necrotic rune currency from the scourge invasion, and the ectoplasmic distiller for the dungeon set upgrade quest.

Tenebrous

I was dumb enough to delete old gear that can't be obtained any more, but I kept all the stupid shit. Like, I still have a bunch of necrotic rune currency from the scourge invasion, and the ectoplasmic distiller for the dungeon set upgrade quest.

I still have the Onyxia prequest stuff and that's about it.

Tarazet

Wouldn't be surprised. Only going by the fact Death Knights had to level in Outland.

Most likely DH's will start around 95 and get their own gated content in Draenor that is designed to get them to level 100 by the time they hit the Island. There is an awful lot of back-story for them to get through.

RPGCrazied

you think we will get anything new in this upcoming Q&A?

Doubtful. And if people get to ask questions, expect dumb ones.

I really want to hear about an annual pass. Cause if we aren't going to get Legion until 2016, we are again waiting 8+ months for the next expansion, and since we are down to 5.6 million, you'd think they would try to do something *now* to stabilize or even gain more subs currently.

Touchdown

Banned
I've mained a bear tank since BC, and I'm pretty excited to see the different models we get that comes along with the new weapon! I hope Blizz shows at least a screenshot of them sometime soon. o.o

Tenebrous

Doubtful. And if people get to ask questions, expect dumb ones.

I really want to hear about an annual pass. Cause if we aren't going to get Legion until 2016, we are again waiting 8+ months for the next expansion, and since we are down to 5.6 million, you'd think they would try to do something *now* to stabilize or even gain more subs currently.

I don't know what they could put in a new annual pass that could get subs stable, to be honest. I think they might announce such a scheme when the new Diablo 3 expansion is revealed (I know it's not been confirmed, but 30m sales tells me there's going to be a new one), but now? Overwatch alpha isn't worth £120/550k gold, and neither is Legacy of the Void.

Something like...
D3 expansion
LOTV
50HS packs

... I'd accept that, haha.

Ultratech

Oh yeah. I had that stuff too. Eh, maybe they will unlock for us in the transmog closet as long as we have looted it before. Would suck because a lot of those quest items you go through wouldnt be available anymore...

That would be nice.

I lost out on that Mail Eyepatch you get from Outland because I ended up deleting it back in the day.
Plus, who knows what else...

Tenebrous

That would be nice.

I lost out on that Mail Eyepatch you get from Outland because I ended up deleting it back in the day.
Plus, who knows what else...

Surely they could implement a system where you can just revisit old quest givers for rewards and get replacements at gold value? I've no idea, but I'd love a system like that.

Top Bottom