• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT7| Feel the hatred of 10,000 Murlocs

How the fuck am I supposed to keep track on which allies I have Atonement on? In a raid I mean. In 5 man it's easy.

But in raid when there are 20 people and I can't see shit anyway because of all the bars and the spell effects and demons and whatever else, I can't. Unless someone makes me a add on which will make people sparkle I'm not sure what I can do

Can probably make a WeakAura. Or VuhDoo or something might have an option.

Robin64

Oh there's a Feat of Strength for getting all the pamphlets, btw.

wkScUeF.jpg

I feel like the new change to personal loot that allows it to be tradeable to raid members if it is not a strict ilvl upgrade for you makes the scenarios in which master loot would be preferable for a pug (or even a non-guild organized group) very, very small.

iLvl isn't everything though. The way they've currently structured personal loot assumes it is. And it doesn't account for situations where say, a guy with a 730 weapon gets a 735 titanforged one, but now can't give it to the poor guy with a 700 iLvl weapon, even if it would be more beneficial overall.

There's a lot of good posts after Ion's in that thread worth reading if anyone hasn't, but there hasn't been any been any follow-up blue post yet.

Ashodin

Yeah, they're in now.

Woah, did you guys see the change to realm hopping? Basically if you aren't near the party leader, you won't phase into their realm. More detail here.

drip feed events yussss

This is reminding me so hard of the WOTLK launch event. That thing was glorious, undead everywhere, you could kill other players as a zombie... so great

iLvl isn't everything though. The way they've currently structured personal loot assumes it is. And it doesn't account for situations where say, a guy with a 730 weapon gets a 735 titanforged one, but now can't give it to the poor guy with a 700 iLvl weapon, even if it would be more beneficial overall.

There's a lot of good posts after Ion's in that thread worth reading if anyone hasn't, but there hasn't been any been any follow-up blue post yet.

Exactly. Just basing it on ilvl is a TERRIBLE idea because it removes player agency based on a set number that has a shit ton of variables.

I even shit up that thread a bit, probably could have been a lot clearer, but how I feel does revolve around the idea that the WoW team as a whole has mad a lot of bad decisions over the years and then doubled down on them. I don't know why, and i don't know why they keep trying to solve problems that aren't really problems while continuing to ignore shit that would actually make the game better.

Anyone notice that gem values changed? Yesterday, the immaculate gems were boosted to 200, now they're back to 75. I can't find anything about this and it's driving me crazy, since sims had gear with sockets being above everything else as a result and now that's obviously changed.

ampere

Woah, did you guys see the change to realm hopping? Basically if you aren't near the party leader, you won't phase into their realm. More detail here.

This was probably for the best. It kinda sucked that realm hopping was the "correct" way to do a lot of tasks if you cared about efficiency.

biaxident

So I just hearthed out while having DynamicCam installed, wow that made it look epic lol. This addon should make anything up to raids pretty cool looking.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
So I just hearthed out while having DynamicCam installed, wow that made it look epic lol. This addon should make anything up to raids pretty cool looking.

what mod is that? is it different from this actioncam thing?

Freeman76

No, not really. My guild uses a sister guild when we run, so we don't always have a full "guild" group from the same server. Changing how master looter works makes it so groups like mine cannot distribute loot in a way that works for our situation. In other words, the multiple types of groups out there now have their ability to distribute loot dictated by blizzard in a way that isn't going to be beneficial for all the people involved. You go from many types of groups having options for how to distribute loot to one option unless it's a guild group on the same server. That's stupid. I know we can now trade personal loot if the ilvl is lower but ilvl isn't the only thing to consider when giving out gear. This change assumes that it is. If people don't want to pug with people who do master looter then don't pug with people who use master looter. The option is there. Why take away something that everybody else uses? They're trying to solve an issue that isn't really an issue, and once again trying to cater to a minority that's complaining about something that isn't an issue. They've been doing this since WoD, and it's usually Ion who is out there leading the charge for a lot of these changes. Taking away choices from people generally doesn't help the game.

On a different note, what irritates me about this and a lot of changes that have been done over the years is that Blizzard says they want feedback but they really don't. They're just checking off a box that says "Ask community for their feedback" so they can say they did it. WoD really was a cluster fuck that the community gave a LOT of feedback on and they didn't really listen to shit during the entire WoD cycle. Supposedly we will see how they listened to that feedback with legion, however, making this kind of change means they aren't really interested in listening anyway. They would have removed flying as well if people didn't absolutely lose their shit.

It's a lot easier to look at decisions like this, even as small as they may seem, as part of the systemic issue the WoW team as a whole has when it comes to feedback and then realize why they've lost so many subs. It's not because "Well they took away ML" or "They were fucking with flying". It's all of those things combined together and it makes it look like Blizzard is trying to solve issues that aren't really issues and are just pissing the community off.

But there are also many long time fans who have played since vanilla who appreciate most of the changes Blizz make along the way.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
so with this new (well new for me) pet spec system that hunters have, there is zero reason not to have pets specced as tanks while leveling correct?

But there are also many long time fans who have played since vanilla who appreciate most of the changes Blizz make along the way.

Yeah, the loss of 6 million subs since Cata seems to back that fact up.

Look, I think a lot of the changes they've made as far as Quality of Life changes have been fantastic. But changes like this take away options from people who play different ways. Blizzard has continued to do these kinds of things, take shit away and I think it's a detriment to the game.

Rhaknar

cdyhybrid

we knew about Ryg already

whats the word on LFR and welfare epics in Legion? are welfare tier sets still gone like in WoD? tbh that was one of the big reasons I barely played WoD, I liked getting my super casual tiers for my various heroes in MoP, I just want to look pretty like the other people :(
LFR has tier in Legion.

strafer

whats the word on LFR and welfare epics in Legion? are welfare tier sets still gone like in WoD? tbh that was one of the big reasons I barely played WoD, I liked getting my super casual tiers for my various heroes in MoP, I just want to look pretty like the other people :(

I didn't but okay.

There's a follow up post from Ion.

Says he uses need before greed in his guild which, yeah, is weird as fuck. I can almost guarantee most serious or even semi-serious progression guilds don't. Design done in a bubble.

The main thrust of the change is to avoid ninja-looting/reserves/etc. Which is a noble intention, but they fucked over a subset of legitimate players at the same time. They believe the benefit outweighs the cost. I don't necessarily agree.

Personal loot needs to be a better than it is now, or there needs to be a new loot system that works even better. Ideally something that allows targeting of specific pieces beyond the current bonus roll system.

Still doesn't address single drops like Mythic mounts not working when personal loot is enabled, and if personal loot gives out the actual tier piece rather than a token, it's hardly as effective as master loot for targeted gearing, even if it is tradable.

Strimei

You can check out the raid drops for Legion in the journal right now if you're curious. Tier sets are back in, they look the same as normal, different color though.

Boogdud

The new (to me at least) sounds for deathknight are cracking me up. My unholy undead DK sounds like he's having sneeze fits when he uses Death Strike or Soul Reaper and some other talents.

YAAAAHHH CHOOOOOOOO!!!
HUUAAAHHH CHHHHHAAAAAAA!!!!
BLWEAAAAAHHH CHAAAA!!!

I know it's supposed to sound all badass or whatever, but it's just cracking me up. He needs a damn tissue already.

Rhaknar

LFR has tier in Legion.

I love u

You can check out the raid drops for Legion in the journal right now if you're curious. Tier sets are back in, they look the same as normal, different color though.

I love u too but less cause u late. So I take it that I wasnt the one that liked tier and lfr and contrary to popular belief, didnt actually want to move on to heroic or whatever the easy mode raids were that everyone assumed casuals would do automatically.

I didn't but okay.

Im sorry i didnt mean that to come off as dickish, I just meant "this isnt another departure after the one we heard about earlier" :)

Fjordson

So Blizzard is phasing people in cities now huh. They don't give a shit at all anymore.
I just saw that on reddit. Seems the emptiness at the moment is a bug and is being fixed, but I'm not sure I dig that idea in general. Cities aren't the same without a bunch of people running around them =[

Rhaknar

I feel kinda bad for enjoying this patch when clearly the majority isnt. Oh well, being away for a year and a half will give you hella rose tinted glasses I guess /shrug

Tenebrous

I was pleasantly surprised to see people from other servers in stormwind today. Hasn't felt to busy in a while

Yeah I saw people from an entirely different cluster talking in Orgrimmar... I'm completely fine with that, so long as we still see ALL our realm brothers & sisters.

I feel kinda bad for enjoying this patch when clearly the majority isnt. Oh well, being away for a year and a half will give you hella rose tinted glasses I guess /shrug

I like everything about the patch 'cept my class. I've said it before, and I'll say it again... TAUREN MALE BACKPEDDLIING ANIMATION! Woo!

Edit: Oh, and the camera.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!

Fuck that. People are always gonna be unhappy at major overhauls or whenever they feel they are having something taken from that. If you are having fun that's all you should worry about.

Rhaknar

*thread bitches about ability pruning

*thread oggles a UI with 5 skills in it

Thisisneogaf.gif :3

Fjordson

The patch is cool imo and brings some really good changes, but as always there are some kinks to iron out and an adjustment period for people.

Most important will be the actual Legion content and whether or not that holds up over time.

Rhaknar

Heres a question for Hordies. Was Org always the city to be?

I ask because ally used to be IF and then in one of the xpacs (cata?) everyone moved to SW (like when they added the second bank and shit so yeah probably cata)

Well there was also Dalaran obviously.

Top Bottom