• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT7| Feel the hatred of 10,000 Murlocs

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Heres a question for Hordies. Was Org always the city to be?

I ask because ally used to be IF and then in one of the xpacs (cata?) everyone moved to SW (like when they added the second bank and shit so yeah probably cata)

Well there was also Dalaran obviously.

Yup. There were always people who preferred Undercity, but Org was always by far the main Horde city.

ampere

*thread bitches about ability pruning

*thread oggles a UI with 5 skills in it

Thisisneogaf.gif :3

Often times I don't think pruning in general is a bad thing, but if one of the skills pruned was my favorite...

I was soooo pissed when Expel Harm was removed on beta, but then they added it back (albeit a slightly different skill) because the Brewmaster thread had a huge meltdown

Undercity is kinda the only viable faction hub in the Eastern Kingdom as a Horde. Silvermoon can sort of work for a while, but it's inconvenient. Both are only viable up until you're done the Plaguelands. Once you start in the Badlands and start moving down towards The Blasted Lands, you're better just moving hearth around.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Fuck that. People are always gonna be unhappy at major overhauls or whenever they feel they are having something taken from that. If you are having fun that's all you should worry about.
I don't know if it's even just the overhauls. This is the first major patch before an expansion in the history of the game that makes characters weaker instead of making them stronger. Where it can be kind of frustrating is that there aren't really new opportunities for progression to get stronger, people just have to wait for a while.

Fjordson

Heres a question for Hordies. Was Org always the city to be?

I ask because ally used to be IF and then in one of the xpacs (cata?) everyone moved to SW (like when they added the second bank and shit so yeah probably cata)

Well there was also Dalaran obviously.
Pretty much, yeah. Has never switched in a major way like the IF --> SW transition for alliance.

dengatron

I don't know if it's even just the overhauls. This is the first major patch before an expansion in the history of the game that makes characters weaker instead of making them stronger. Where it can be kind of frustrating is that there aren't really new opportunities for progression to get stronger, people just have to wait for a while.

while objectively that's true, that's also only a product of numbers, rather than "power". our mannoroth kill last night happened with me doing less than half the dps that i did prepatch, yet it was over 40 seconds faster than our fastest kill before that. it's not much different from wod prepatch stat squishing the numbers but kills becoming much faster there too.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Oh forgot to ask earlier. Rogue's "bamf" sound and puff of smoke when coming out of stealth (for Ambush for example), is that new?

It looks dope and I dont remember seeing that before (granted I never played much Rogue if at all before)

Ashodin

That UI is ok, but I think I like the minimalist design of ElvUI right now better. They don't also have everything reskinned yet, so I'll wait to use it.

Shahadan

So, put that new spider pet from Breanni on the AH. Was a pretty nice scam.

Bought them 180g each, put one in the auction house with an alt for 10k gold so they would think it was rare and expensive, then went back on two characters and sold the other two for 5k and 7k so they would think it was a good deal. And different names of course!

Repeat.

Sold like 9 of them so far but it's slowing down ;(
THEY'RE LEARNING

I get the dissatisfaction some people might be feeling right now towards the patch, especially if it's a character they've been invested in for quite some time. My Ret Paladin went from having its action bar light up like a Christmas tree and has been boiled down to 5-6 button rotation. They took away half of my resource builder/spender system and haven't provided the replacement for it. I like the potential of what I see with what's there and the new animations are really nice but it's hard to evaluate the class changes for Legion when you're missing the biggest aspect, the artifact.

That said, because of all the new fancy animations I want to try out and level up so many classes now, where missing some buttons doesn't matter as much because you're not at cap. Survival Hunter seems pretty fun and could be great once they sort out its mobility. Fury Warrior looks fucking awesome, the new animations are fantastic. The new charge just has so much weight to it. I wanna try out Outlaw Rogue as well.

Even though I'm kind of spinning my wheels with my main right now there's a lot of fun stuff to try out with other classes. Overall I've been enjoying the patch, many classes and specs haven't been this exciting for a while.

Jag

So, put that new spider pet from Breanni on the AH. Was a pretty nice scam.

Bought them 180g each, put one in the auction house with an alt for 10k gold so they would think it was rare and expensive, then went back on two characters and sold the other two for 5k and 7k so they would think it was a good deal. And different names of course!

Repeat.

Sold like 9 of them so far but it's slowing down ;(
THEY'RE LEARNING

Found it by accident and saw none on the AH. Sold one for 5k and another for 3k. A bunch are all up for a few hundred now.

Asmo got a raid group of 40 people in his garrison to report him all at once, that means a multi-boxer can abuse this. The muting shouldn't be automated purely based off of x amount of reports, it should only be applied after someone reviewed the reports. This is a dumb implementation of a good idea.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
BM's skill where they summon a random beast lasts the whole cooldown AND its instant.

Demo locks stay losing ;_;

Question for alto-holics, how much overlap, if any, do you allow with professions? Do you just start doing double gather rather than overlap? Do you just not care and go for having the same profession on say two toons out of a handful?

Tenebrous

Question for alto-holics, how much overlap, if any, do you allow with professions? Do you just start doing double gather rather than overlap? Do you just not care and go for having the same profession on say two toons out of a handful?

No overlap at all on gathering professions (Tauren Druid is GOAT for Herb/Skinning, Paladin Mining), but with 20+ toons its hard not to have overlap.

I just go Engineering on all my toons. Nothing worse than logging an alt, running some content, and not having nitro boosts/cloak.

Rhaknar

I dont care and go for the same ones. Always enchanting (although it was trashed in wod) and then something else. My priest / lock and im pretty sure mage are all enchanting / tailors.

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!
Outlaw Rogue tho
images

Loxley

Holy shit, I had no idea Combustion now just straight-up turns you into the Human Torch, badass. The new fire effects in general are great too.

ampere

Enchanting is worth overlapping often times, but I haven't done any experimentation with Legion professions and I have no idea what the market for things is going to be like. No more Garrisons and no flying will make gathering much more lucrative than it's been recently

Tenebrous

Enchanting is worth overlapping often times, but I haven't done any experimentation with Legion professions and I have no idea what the market for things is going to be like. No more Garrisons and no flying will make gathering much more lucrative than it's been recently

You'd think that, but Ores are being mined in ludicrous numbers compared to now & older expansions. You can get 8-12 from a normal node, I believe.

No overlap at all on gathering professions (Tauren Druid is GOAT for Herb/Skinning, Paladin Mining), but with 20+ toons its hard not to have overlap.

I just go Engineering on all my toons. Nothing worse than logging an alt, running some content, and not having nitro boosts/cloak.

I dont care and go for the same ones. Always enchanting (although it was trashed in wod) and then something else. My priest / lock and im pretty sure mage are all enchanting / tailors.

A double gather, herb-mining, tauren druid might be worth having once you have pathfinder in Legion.

I think, when in doubt, I'll just go for engineering/mining on multiple toons when there isn't a clear choice tied to class or race. You can make decent money off of older ores, some of the additional mining mats might see a rise in value if tomes of illusion are worth crafting and I just like engineering in general. There's just so many useful things with the tinkers.

Although this is how I know I'm filthy casual, even if Enchanting might be lucrative, I absolutely loathe the profession. I want "fun" stuff.

Everyone is flying around but me :(

In a few short weeks, everyone will be grounded again.

Jag

Not sure this was posted, but very cool. Plus a bunch of these sells toys. Druids get flap for Moonkins. The fly around flapping lol.

There are vendors throughout the world who sell items that do things minor glyphs used to do

Paladin: Quartermaster Miranda Breechlock in Light's Hope Chapel. Sells Contemplation.

Death Knight: Dread Commander Thalanor in Ebon Hold. Sells Corpse Explosion.

Hunter: Mardan Thunderhoof at Nesingwary Base Camp in Sholazar. Sells Fetch, Play Dead, Aspect of the Chameleon, and a toy that replicates glyph of the Aspects.

Druid: Lorelae Wintersong in Moonglade. Sells Charm Woodland Creature, Flap, Stag Form, Track Beasts, Treant Form, a toy that replicates One With Nature, and a new glyph recipe.

Rogue: I found an item on wowhead that teaches Detection but I dont know who sells it.

Mages: Endora Moorehead in Dalaran. Sold a Dalaran Initiate's Pin in a limited quantity that put the Dalaran Brilliance visual over my head for a while. Wowhead also lists Arcane Linguist and Illusion tomes, as well as a Familiar Stone, so its possible she sells those as well in limited quantities.

Shaman: Elementalist Sharvak at Throne of the Elements in BC Nagrand. Sells toys that replicate Vol'jin's Serpent Totem, Rain of Frogs, Elemental Familiars, and Water Shield (resto only). Also sells Hex: Compy and a new glyph recipe.

Priest: Quartermaster Miranda Breechlock in Light's Hope Chapel. Sells a toy that makes a holy orb float around you in holy spec and ravens fly around you in shadow spec, and is supposed to sell Confession, but doesnt seem to at the moment.

Monk: Master Hwang at Peak of Serenity. Sells Zen Flight.

Warlocks and Warriors: Dont believe you guys get anything. Sorry.

Rhaknar

Haven't subbed yet, but did they changed the leveling from 90-100?

If you mean xp wise im not sure. I got to 95 in shadowmoon alone on my lock but im using heirlooms and a 20% xp potion from the garrison since level 92 or whenever I got my lvl 2 garrison.

Tenebrous

Daft WeakAura question...

How can I make an ability light up/bounce when it comes off CD? I'm trying the Animations > Preset settings, but "Start" and "Finish" don't do anything, and "Main" /w Bounce just makes it bounce all the time - Even when it's on CD.

Would just like a better visual indication of shield slam procs.

EDIT: Ignore me, I figured it out.

Rhaknar

oh god

Hit level 10 on hunter switched to survival......but I have no idea where they give you the weapon for the class lol

Its automatically equipped when you spec inti survival for the first time.

Or just buy the heirloom polearm or staff

Edit: oh Dalaran is back for Legion? I did not know that. Hub city again?

ViciousDS

Banned
Its automatically equipped when you spec inti survival for the first time.

Or just buy the heirloom polearm or staff

Edit: oh Dalaran is back for Legion? I did not know that. Hub city again?

huh....I didn't get a polearm or anything....I wonder what happened

Rhaknar

huh....I didn't get a polearm or anything....I wonder what happened

Wait now that im thinking about it I dont think I did either, I just already had the heirloom... I did on the DK for sure tho.

Kingbrave

I just hit 100 on my 7th character...

I have two more that are close.

I like most of the changes except for my 'Lock.

My Blood DK lasts forever and I can do some damage.

Mage, eh. Priest is still priesty but I haven't really healed or played Shadow on him yet.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Since I'm leveling for scratch, I need to make some money. While random bind on use recipes can bring a decent amount of gold if you're lucky, I'm depending mostly on professions - Herbalism and Mining. Is there any better way of getting money early aside from playing the AH? I have to say, picking up two types of nodes is getting pretty old.

cdyhybrid

Since I'm leveling for scratch, I need to make some money. While random bind on use recipes can bring a decent amount of gold if you're lucky, I'm depending mostly on professions - Herbalism and Mining. Is there any better way of getting money early aside from playing the AH? I have to say, picking up two types of nodes is getting pretty old.

Do you mean making money while leveling? Then no. Double gathering, sell that shit. Your best bet is going to be to get to max level ASAP because then you can start making relevant crafting stuff and/or playing the AH once you have a solid war chest. Max level also opens up your farming options.

You might not like the answer; Fishing and Archaeology. You can get some 45 piece Night Elf digs that net you 100-300 gold. Fishing schools sometimes provide crates of crafting mats you an simply sell on the AH.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
You might not like the answer; Fishing and Archaeology. You can get some 45 piece Night Elf digs that net you 100-300 gold. Fishing schools sometimes provide crates of crafting mats you an simply sell on the AH.
Do you mean making money while leveling? Then no. Double gathering, sell that shit. Your best bet is going to be to get to max level ASAP because then you can start making relevant crafting stuff and/or playing the AH once you have a solid war chest. Max level also opens up your farming options.
I see. Well, might switch mining to archaeology then, since there's no way I'm fishing.

Got on today to test out tanks.

I've never been more sad. They've gutted everything. All the tanks use like 6 abilities now.

How is this fun?

Anyone in the beta, does tanking at least get better at 110?

Rhaknar

I've never been more sad. They've gutted everything. All the tanks use like 6 abilities now.

How is this fun?

You get 7 abilities so that's technically better :3

Tenebrous

How is this fun?

Prot Warrior tanking? Doesn't improve at all. We get an artifact that's a single target DPS loss & a pain to use anyway...

cdyhybrid

How is this fun?

It's not, and no. You get an extra button with your artifact ability, but it's not going to drastically change your gameplay or anything.

Top Bottom