• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT7| Feel the hatred of 10,000 Murlocs

Thanks for the responses. Game was already on the out and out for me, but if tanking stays like this I absolutely just can't. Really sad day :(

Rip my glorious brewmaster days.

There's a follow up post from Ion.

Says he uses need before greed in his guild which, yeah, is weird as fuck. I can almost guarantee most serious or even semi-serious progression guilds don't. Design done in a bubble.

The main thrust of the change is to avoid ninja-looting/reserves/etc. Which is a noble intention, but they fucked over a subset of legitimate players at the same time. They believe the benefit outweighs the cost. I don't necessarily agree.

Personal loot needs to be a better than it is now, or there needs to be a new loot system that works even better. Ideally something that allows targeting of specific pieces beyond the current bonus roll system.

Still doesn't address single drops like Mythic mounts not working when personal loot is enabled, and if personal loot gives out the actual tier piece rather than a token, it's hardly as effective as master loot for targeted gearing, even if it is tradable.

Designing shit in a bubble. That's been his problem for two expansions. Every single time they make decisions like this they're surprised that people object.

Tanked tonight on my DK. WTF. I feel like I'm made of tinfoil. 4 buttons. All the fun shit is gone. The changes are drastic enough that I'm thinking of just unsubbing. It's so bad. :(

ampere

Brewmaster has some fun tied to the artifact, but the spec we loved in MoP and WoD is very changed. I was extremely frustrated with the spec initially, but I've cooled off a bit and I'm willing to give it a shot with Mythic+ dungeons at least.

If you play it dangerously and let your hp fall below 35% to force spawn Gift of the Ox orbs it's interesting. That requires an artifact and the trait Obstinate Determination though, so you can't do this right now.

Tenebrous

Just did a Mythic dungeon (with some less than geared players).
720 plate gloves drop *Shrug* Meh, I guess that's a disenh...

Wait a minute... The new personal loot? Oh that's right, I can trade these! Here you go buddy.

"Cool, cheers!"

No problem.

Damn, this new Personal Loot system is killer for PuG content.

I see. Well, might switch mining to archaeology then, since there's no way I'm fishing.

There's no switching, you gain Archaeology at 20. It's neither a production nor gathering profession. Actually I haven't tried it in 7.0 yet, it's supposed to be a bit better now.

Edit: Beaten by a country mile. Helps to refresh before posting.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Starting to look over the artifact trees more, and it's kind of comical how inconvenient some of these are. Fury is guided towards not having any of the three major artifact talents when it hits 110.

Primus

No responses at all to my post about the text issues in the Technical Support forum, so I made an actual Support ticket. We'll see what happens.

Tenebrous

Starting to look over the artifact trees more, and it's kind of comical how inconvenient some of these are. Fury is guided towards not having any of the three major artifact talents when it hits 110.

Some classes get their three major traits fastest in around 250-300k artifact power, while others take 600k plus.

Ashodin

Outlaw Rogue tho
images

I heard it's awesome as fuck

Freeman76

Yeah, the loss of 6 million subs since Cata seems to back that fact up.

Look, I think a lot of the changes they've made as far as Quality of Life changes have been fantastic. But changes like this take away options from people who play different ways. Blizzard has continued to do these kinds of things, take shit away and I think it's a detriment to the game.

Man, if you think the loss of subs is due to much more than lack of regular new content i dont know what to say. It will be back up to its usual high subs soon, and then drop off again depending on how much long term content they add and how engaging the end game is. Its always been like that. So many people pay their sub and just moan about it, i dont get that at all.

Milennia

just a PSA

theres an achievement you can get in pre patch for collecting 12 pamphlets from doomsayers and theres a group in the LFG (US) thats boosting them

took me maybe 20 minutes

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Is M HFC now so easy that I could just hop into a pug and have a successful run? My DK is like 730 or something
just a PSA

theres an achievement you can get in pre patch for collecting 12 pamphlets from doomsayers and theres a group in the LFG (US) thats boosting them

took me maybe 20 minutes

You can just die in Valley of Spirits(or near the MOP portal in Stormwind) and use spirit healer/rez sickness naked and get them all that way. Resets the cooldown.

took me like 6 minutes tops

Ark

Got on today to test out tanks.

I've never been more sad. They've gutted everything. All the tanks use like 6 abilities now.

How is this fun?

Anyone in the beta, does tanking at least get better at 110?

Yeah...my prot warrior feels pathetic now. It feels like I have nothing to do. The new animations are amazing, and I'm liking fury, but I'm not sure if I'll be going warrior tank this expac.

Freeman76

I feel kinda bad for enjoying this patch when clearly the majority isnt. Oh well, being away for a year and a half will give you hella rose tinted glasses I guess /shrug

Mate never assume the complaints you read are the majority. You ALWAYS, every pre-patch, every Xpac, get the vocal minority who take to the internet to voice their displeasure because something isnt to their liking. The majority are enjoying the game as always, and dont need to throw their arms around over it.

I'm not even a person who can say I have agreed with everything they did. I unsubbed during Cataclysm as I really wasnt it feeling it then. However, there is a reason WoW is the undisputed king of MMO and has been for the last 11-12 years, and Blizz arent going to fuck that up now. For many people the new patch is great and brings lots of cool changes. The only concern I have is tanks are unhappy, which means long queues for dungeons, which of course Blizz will tackle as they want people happy, as happy people pay for subs. Some people are never happy, some of those unsub, some of them pay £10 a month to moan about what they dont like, let them get on with it but never feel bad that you dont feel the same as them man.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Im just happy usually when I resub I play literally like 15mins and go "yep still cba" and I wasted a minths worth of sub (or worse since I usually buy pre paid cards which are 2 months).

This time around Ive got some serious wow juices flowinh again. Im actually sitting at work thinking about playing it, about finishing my lock and playing my noobies hunter and rogue, but also wanting to try out the classes i have at 90 to see the changes.

Hell I may just get suddenly bored again tomorow who knows, but right its fun to feel this way again. I firmly believe you can have a steady fun super casual time with this game, I know I did in MoP where I got like 6 characters to max lvl (compared to 2 in Cata and 1 in WoD) and you guys saying tier is back in lfr has be excited to be casual again.

Milennia

Is M HFC now so easy that I could just hop into a pug and have a successful run? My DK is like 730 or something

You can just die in Valley of Spirits(or near the MOP portal in Stormwind) and use spirit healer/rez sickness naked and get them all that way. Resets the cooldown.

i dont see why you wouldnt do it this way either, they insta res you and you insta die?

also you can get rng fucked on the pamphlets so that 6 minutes turns into 20 for most people

you die near the mop portal in sw and they res you literally right on top of the doomsayer, its the fastest way no question

I'm liking Enhance Shaman with these changes. I should probably poke around the talents more, though.

After a year+ off I got into a big guild and offered to run a low level through a dungeon of their choice. They chose Uldaman and on the way through Badlands I happened to get a Darkling Whelp or whatever those pets are called. That was a nice, random grab.

Did all the stuff to get access to Tanaan Jungle and have now started looking around in there. Seems like a good time. And today went from ilvl 646 to 664. Not too bad at all. And got two new mounts so now I start the crawl up to 300. I guess I'll have to get Legion. I'm currently at 253 mounts so it may not be too bad.

Khoryos

What about those of us that aren't Alliance scum?

Tarazet

Jesus the new Disc is fucking crazy. They turned that shit 180 and then flipped it upside down. In 5 mans you are just gasping for air all the time, but in raids at least you feel like you can contribute something positive.

Lanrutcon

Enhancement is a lot of fun now. Need some weakauras for the weapon enhancements, but it's all thunder all the time. The new melee animations are great.

Ashodin

Jesus the new Disc is fucking crazy. They turned that shit 180 and then flipped it upside down. In 5 mans you are just gasping for air all the time, but in raids at least you feel like you can contribute something positive.

DPS HEALER YEAHHHHHHHHH

Holy Paladin is jus tlike that

Enhancement is a lot of fun now. Need some weakauras for the weapon enhancements, but it's all thunder all the time. The new melee animations are great.

I've never used weakauras but is that one of those that tells you when things are procced and ready to use? I'm a bit rusty on names of abilities now but Lava Lash is the one I'm missing since it only highlights the little icon and doesn't have a screen decoration like the maelstrom proc for when Stormstrike or whatever is good to go. And I don't have anything close to a rotation at this point. I just mash Rockbiter and then mix in other stuff off of cooldown and do some Lava Lash when maelstrom is high but don't let it get too low so I can hit things off of cooldowns that need the new resource.

I honestly don't notice any of the new melee animations but the big lightning crash is great. And Rockbiter sounds good.

I also completely forgot about totems and haven't dropped a single one. I need my totem add on again as that was essential for me to use them.

Edit: Did they remove totems? I only see Earthgrab Totem. What happened to shamans!?

Lanrutcon

I've never used weakauras but is that one of those that tells you when things are procced and ready to use? I'm a bit rusty on names of abilities now but Lava Lash is the one I'm missing since it only highlights the little icon and doesn't have a screen decoration like the maelstrom proc for when Stormstrike or whatever is good to go. And I don't have anything close to a rotation at this point. I just mash Rockbiter and then mix in other stuff off of cooldown and do some Lava Lash when maelstrom is high but don't let it get too low so I can hit things off of cooldowns that need the new resource.

I honestly don't notice any of the new melee animations but the big lightning crash is great. And Rockbiter sounds good.

I also completely forgot about totems and haven't dropped a single one. I need my totem add on again as that was essential for me to use them.

Edit: Did they remove totems? I only see Earthgrab Totem. What happened to shamans!?

So Weakauras can do a number of things, warn you about cooldowns/durations, tell you when you're resource has reached a certain breakpoint, tell you when your buffs need to be refreshed. Basically the new Enh (when talented appropriately) have 3 buffs to keep up (Frostbrand, Flametongue, Boulderfist) that help your DPS by a ton.

And no, we don't have totems anymore. I think Ele and Resto got em all.

HowZatOZ

Banned
Well ret pally feels like absolute poop now. I'm all for getting rid of bloat but with this patch I now feel like I truly have just three usable skills, with the rest on my bar just waiting for my holy power to fill up. I especially feel sparse on abilities when the three that I can use have 4-6 second cooldowns, and if I spam them all I'm left scratching my bum until holy power is full ans then I use one of my powered abilities.

Definitely need to test more but I am just not having fun. Time to level a druid, I'm hearing great things about them and on my old server during wotlk I loved playing druid.

Ashodin

Well ret pally feels like absolute poop now. I'm all for getting rid of bloat but with this patch I now feel like I truly have just three usable skills, with the rest on my bar just waiting for my holy power to fill up. I especially feel sparse on abilities when the three that I can use have 4-6 second cooldowns, and if I spam them all I'm left scratching my bum until holy power is full ans then I use one of my powered abilities.

Definitely need to test more but I am just not having fun. Time to level a druid, I'm hearing great things about them and on my old server during wotlk I loved playing druid.

howzat? You can't use Consecration in your rotation?

HowZatOZ

Banned
howzat? You can't use Consecration in your rotation?
I didn't pick consecration in my current build, but if that's going to be necessary just to be able to do something else when I'm waiting for cooldowns then pally is not gonna be my main this expansion.

Ashodin

I didn't pick consecration in my current build, but if that's going to be necessary just to be able to do something else when I'm waiting for cooldowns then pally is not gonna be my main this expansion.

You don't get it - the spec is built to have as many or as little buttons as you want through the talent tree. If you want to be all passives, you can do that. If you want to push buttons, you can do that.

The base spec is five or so abilities yes, but how you want to play it is determined in the talents.

Like it should be.

So Weakauras can do a number of things, warn you about cooldowns/durations, tell you when you're resource has reached a certain breakpoint, tell you when your buffs need to be refreshed. Basically the new Enh (when talented appropriately) have 3 buffs to keep up (Frostbrand, Flametongue, Boulderfist) that help your DPS by a ton.

And no, we don't have totems anymore. I think Ele and Resto got em all.

I just looked through talents again and I figured Boulderfist might be the way to go but right now I have Hot Hands in that tier. Why would Frostbrand be used, though? Is it dropping Lightning Shield for Hailstorm? Otherwise the damage from Frostbrand is lower than Rockbiter and Rockbiter generates maelstrom instead of Frostbrand using it. But the buff from Frostbrand seems largely pointless for PVE content.

Boulderfist is going to annoy me with how I have my keys set up since I'm at essentially my ideal amount of abilities for my current set up. But I suppose I could shift something around and get one more in there.

mclem

My god, I was a terrible Paladin tank last night. I'm sure it'll come with time, but right now I feel like I've gone from "Can save the day in a crisis" to "Quite likely to cause a crisis"

Lanrutcon

I just looked through talents again and I figured Boulderfist might be the way to go but right now I have Hot Hands in that tier. Why would Frostbrand be used, though? Is it dropping Lightning Shield for Hailstorm? Otherwise the damage from Frostbrand is lower than Rockbiter and Rockbiter generates maelstrom instead of Frostbrand using it. But the buff from Frostbrand seems largely pointless for PVE content.

Boulderfist is going to annoy me with how I have my keys set up since I'm at essentially my ideal amount of abilities for my current set up. But I suppose I could shift something around and get one more in there.

Frostbrand without Hailstorm is pointless in PVE, yes. Boulderfist is amazing. Like, no-brainer good.

Your rotation should be something like: apply your 3 buffs (Boulder, Hail, Fire) and keep them up. Feral Spirit when it's up. Stormstrike and Crash Lightning when they're up. Lava Lash to dump Maelstrom when your buffs are up and SS/CL are on CD. Boulder to build Maelstrom if you don't have any.

Top Bottom