• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT7| Feel the hatred of 10,000 Murlocs

RPGCrazied

When is the next time we will hear more, Blizzcon? Probably, that sucks though having to wait another 3 months.

I want to see more artifacts, learn more about the professions revamp, PVP stuff like any BG's or whatever. I really do believe this was annouced to early, maybe cause of the lower sub numbers. Should have just waited until Blizzcon. This was a carrot on a stick event, nothing more.

Zelias

Banned
Complete waste of time. Was a 15 min recap with dancing and cosplay in the middle. I was hoping to hear more about the class changes. Specially shadow priest since they mentioned they are getting reworked a month or two ago.
Yeah was hoping to hear more on classes. I main a Shadow Priest so especially interested in that. Ah well, guess we're waiting until Blizzcon :/

They really don't seem like they have too many more finalized decisions made than what they've shown so far. Blizzcon will be damage control central if they're smart.

If we get this thing before Q2 2016 I'll be surprised, which means at least 10 months or so of 6.2. So much for breaking that pattern.

I think the "we're working on the next three expansions at any given point in time" in order to try to get as close to yearly releases as possible is ultimately going to cause irrecoverable sub loss because the lag time on response to player feedback and play style changes is simply too long without being extremely damaging to development timelines.

RPGCrazied

They really don't seem like they have too many more finalized decisions made than what they've shown so far. Blizzcon will be damage control central if they're smart.

If we get this thing before Q2 2016 I'll be surprised.

I'm guessing right before movie, and since no more patches, we are once again in a content drought for months.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
I guess I'm sort of glad now that I procrastinated so much on the content in this expansion that was available so I still have stuff to do, probably won't even finish by the time legion comes out. I have a few things left from MOP too, so ill have time to bang it out at least.

End of Cata was horrible for me because I finished pretty much everything in the game up until that point. Won't get stuck in that this time.

davepoobond

Haha this is awesome. "Where did we promise that?"

"RIGHT HERE"

lol

how did "general information recap" turn into a "Q&A" and then into a "Q&A-formatted general information recap"

thats pretty disappointing, but at the same time Q&As are never that great anyway, the fans almost never ask good questions (maces for hunters?) and the devs never want to give too much information anyway

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!
lol

how did "general information recap" turn into a "Q&A" and then into a "Q&A-formatted general information recap"

thats pretty disappointing, but at the same time Q&As are never that great anyway, the fans almost never ask good questions (maces for hunters?) and the devs never want to give too much information anyway

I hope there is a Lore Q&A this year on Blizzcon, those are always fun to watch.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
The artifact skins has me thinking, 'Say, since this is just aesthetic.... Maybe we make some shop exclusive skins'

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
The artifact skins has me thinking, 'Say, since this is just aesthetic.... Maybe we make some shop exclusive skins'

That would be gross but not terribly surprising.

davepoobond

I think that will depend on what the long term plans are for artifacts if it will be carried into the future or not.

Yeah, this seems more and more like a late 2016 expansion to me.

No way, they cut too much out of Draenor so that this wouldn't happen. I'm fully expecting them to cut some stuff or scale it back. The artifact system sounds like it's going to be dead in the water.

It would look especially bad in my eyes if SWTOR has way more content in their update.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
No way, they cut too much out of Draenor so that this wouldn't happen. I'm fully expecting them to cut some stuff or scale it back. The artifact system sounds like it's going to be dead in the water.

Other than Demon Hunters, it's like the primary new thing/draw of the expansion. They can't kill it.

Khezu

I'm honestly surprised they haven't done more with cosmetic items on the Blizzard shop.

I'm sure there would be a huge market for certain styles of gear.

Like anything that made you look like an edgy 14 year old, bikini armor, or even higher rez textures of older tier sets.

Maybe the fan backlash would be higher then any potential money they could make.

Entropia

No One Remembers
Twitter and forums blowing up because flying is tentatively gated behind patches. I.e. you won't be able to complete the meta and fly in 7.0

Even the official forum MVPs are saying how terrible it was, and those guys very rarely express disapproval. Amazing how Blizzard managed to derail the hypetrain so quickly.

CHC

This is expansion sounds incredibly unfinished, so much is not finalized. I definitely feel like the artifact system will be gutted. I have a really hard time believing they will be able to cook up 36 unique quest lines and weapon perk trees given how content-sparse the game lately. I think by the time we get artifacts they will basically be glorified heirlooms with a "socket" for boss drop items that take the place of weapon drops.

I'm totally feeling that this is just gonna launch next fall also. Another year+ content drought with maybe a half assed "lair" type raid thrown in seven or eight months from now.

davepoobond

an easy way for them to delay the artifacts would be making you go through the upgrade process and then the first content patch includes the legit artifacts.

id imagine the quest process is just going to be baked into the leveling experience, and they can make you get to lvl 102 (more?) by the end of it so they can clip the amount of quests in the starting zones they need to make.

There was a hypetrain?

mini%20road%20train%20(1).JPG

Seriously though nothing Blizz has said has me excited.

1. Artifact weapon handouts is one of the worst decisions they've made and the lack of common sense behind it has like 4 layers of wtf attached to it. If I go back, the artifact weapon is getting transmog'd off instantly. Fuck turning every Krillin and Yamcha into Goku and Vegeta just for logging in.

2. "We have done dungeons a disservice and want to fix that". Yep, no hope for that. Low amount again at launch and no explanation at all as to how they will remain relevant. Oh, and bye bye challenge mode most likely.

3. Professions getting actual attention is just fixing what they royally fucked up. Highly doubt there will be any sense of accomplishment tied to them ever again.

4. Demon Hunters and the mix mash of abilities from other classes made it look like something they hastily put together over a few weeks.

5. Saying the raid setup for WoD was good and that's what they are doing once again was another faceplam moment.

6. PvP is in such a horrendous state right now and only saying "well, gear no longer matters but you have stuff to grind for!" without any mention of new bg's or even arenas... Hope for that getting a turn around especially with Holinka's worthless ass at the helm is basically 0.

I could go on. When they can't even keep their damn word on having a proper "q&a to answer as many questions as possible the community has", how the hell can anyone be excited for them keeping their word on actual game features after WoD. Everything since the Legion announcement has shown they don't give a fuck anymore and have not learned 1 single lesson. Shit getting so bad that their white knight MVP's on their own forum are turning on them....no wonder Bashiok bailed when he did. Probably has the biggest grin on his face right now while reading the forums.

Add to the fact they stated Legion is not releasing this year, and no other filler patches are happening in WoD. The arrogant, heads up their asses WoW team is still kicking and will not change.

Seriously, the only hype I have seen at all for this xpac is "OMG I CAN WIELD ASHBRINGER SO COOL!". That shit will not last and Blizz is even stupider then one could possibly fathom if they believe it will. Of course this is the same bunch of idiots that thought a selfie cam and twitter integration were a worthy patch and that 6.2 was the biggest patch in WoW's history so I guess I can't be too surprised.

6 more months of sub drops (minimum) incoming Blizz. Have fun.

Not among the players I talk to. I guess we're just a lot more cynical & miserable than most.

It's just the general feel that I got from the various WoW communities I visited, I'm personally quite cynical about the whole expansion as well and I wonder how much of their announcements will have been cut come release.

Ultratech

I'm honestly surprised they haven't done more with cosmetic items on the Blizzard shop.

I'm sure there would be a huge market for certain styles of gear.

Like anything that made you look like an edgy 14 year old, bikini armor, or even higher rez textures of older tier sets.

Maybe the fan backlash would be higher then any potential money they could make.

My guess is that when they did the initial cosmetic stuff (those Helms back in MoP), they probably didn't sell well enough to warrant doing more of it.

But hey, mounts seem to sell pretty well I guess!

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!
It's just the general feel that I got from the various WoW communities I visited, I'm personally quite cynical about the whole expansion as well and I wonder how much of their announcements will have been cut come release.

To be fair this feeling has been around WoW communities since WotLK.

I really like what I was shown of the expansion.

The cynical part of me says they'll cut a few things and there will only be 3 raids, and the epxansion won't come out for another 8 months.

Khezu

Melee Hunters being my most hyped part of the expansions probably says a lot.

What they showed just didn't seem like anywhere near enough, it felt very bare bones.

Demon Hunters looked like generic hot garbage. Like you could have taken all of the stuff they showed and shoved it onto a 4th spec for Lock and it wouldn't have made a difference.

I didn't exactly have high expectations going into the thing, but I was still kinda let down.

cdyhybrid

So basically the only thing we got out of the Q&A was that there will be a catch-up mechanic of sorts for alternate spec Artifacts.

Good thing I woke up at 8am to watch that.

JSoup

Banned
Let's start small and then see what we can get.
In fact, let's start with that damn mini-patch for WoD they've been going on about for a month.

Tacitus_

My guess is that when they did the initial cosmetic stuff (those Helms back in MoP), they probably didn't sell well enough to warrant doing more of it.

But hey, mounts seem to sell pretty well I guess!

15€ for an item skin in a F2P game is pricey. When you're already paying a subscription, it's goddamn criminal.

Nokterian

Seriously though nothing Blizz has said has me excited.

1. Artifact weapon handouts is one of the worst decisions they've made and the lack of common sense behind it has like 4 layers of wtf attached to it. If I go back, the artifact weapon is getting transmog'd off instantly. Fuck turning every Krillin and Yamcha into Goku and Vegeta just for logging in.

2. "We have done dungeons a disservice and want to fix that". Yep, no hope for that. Low amount again at launch and no explanation at all as to how they will remain relevant. Oh, and bye bye challenge mode most likely.

3. Professions getting actual attention is just fixing what they royally fucked up. Highly doubt there will be any sense of accomplishment tied to them ever again.

4. Demon Hunters and the mix mash of abilities from other classes made it look like something they hastily put together over a few weeks.

5. Saying the raid setup for WoD was good and that's what they are doing once again was another faceplam moment.

6. PvP is in such a horrendous state right now and only saying "well, gear no longer matters but you have stuff to grind for!" without any mention of new bg's or even arenas... Hope for that getting a turn around especially with Holinka's worthless ass at the helm is basically 0.

I could go on. When they can't even keep their damn word on having a proper "q&a to answer as many questions as possible the community has", how the hell can anyone be excited for them keeping their word on actual game features after WoD. Everything since the Legion announcement has shown they don't give a fuck anymore and have not learned 1 single lesson. Shit getting so bad that their white knight MVP's on their own forum are turning on them....no wonder Bashiok bailed when he did. Probably has the biggest grin on his face right now while reading the forums.

Add to the fact they stated Legion is not releasing this year, and no other filler patches are happening in WoD. The arrogant, heads up their asses WoW team is still kicking and will not change.

Seriously, the only hype I have seen at all for this xpac is "OMG I CAN WIELD ASHBRINGER SO COOL!". That shit will not last and Blizz is even stupider then one could possibly fathom if they believe it will. Of course this is the same bunch of idiots that thought a selfie cam and twitter integration were a worthy patch and that 6.2 was the biggest patch in WoW's history so I guess I can't be too surprised.

6 more months of sub drops (minimum) incoming Blizz. Have fun.

Thinking of it..yeah this is disappointing a lot what the hell happened at blizzard mainly at the WoW team yeah a lot of them have left. On the other hand the diablo team did a phenomenal job and they still do with the new patch coming out also maintain feedback from the community. But for WoW? It is just weird as fuck now..i really want to play this expansion but reading this though it is getting harder when thinking about it.

cdyhybrid

Thinking of it..yeah this is disappointing a lot what the hell happened at blizzard mainly at the WoW team yeah a lot of them have left. On the other hand the diablo team did a phenomenal job and they still do with the new patch coming out also maintain feedback from the community. But for WoW? It is just weird as fuck now..i really want to play this expansion but reading this though it is getting harder when thinking about it.

You could always just wait for more information before making a decision. That's not exactly the most reasonable/objective post ever.

davepoobond

i never liked pvp gear anyway. they were making moves towards just "giving you" pvp stuff for a while now and it should have happened with WoD.

looking forward to the PVP talent pruning

Top Bottom