• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT7| Feel the hatred of 10,000 Murlocs

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!
It looks like a real screenshot of the hinterlands =p

Even if it is real, it doesn't seem to reveal anything of use.

That's an undead.

The items on the chatlog do not appear on wowhead, neither does the area's name on the minimap.

On the other hand, this low lvl warrior has bladestorm in the quickbar, so either Bladestorm is going to be available on low lvls or screen is fake.

ZenaxPure

Is this supposed to be the new alliance race or something?

I mean, the quest and items looted seem to be something that's not in the game, but it doesn't tell us anything.

That looks like an Undead male, though, I just realized he is earning rep with an Alliance pvp faction, so that's weird to say the least.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
The items on the chatlog do not appear on wowhead, neither does the area's name on the minimap.

On the other hand, this low lvl warrior has bladestorm in the quickbar, so either Bladestorm is going to be available on low lvls or screen is fake.

You can use any icon for macros. There's also an icon of an alliance trinket.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
Yeah I dunno. Maybe a temporary faction? Could always be a private server. The image doesn't look photoshopped but of course they're always off screen camera phone pictures like it's a fucking UFO or something.

Only thing making me think it's fake from a quality point of view is the trees and grass don't look very good. If there's one thing the game has these days, it's art quality.

One shot normal Archimonde tonight for our first kill. Unfortunately they had to have me extend my normal lockout, so now I don't have a chance at any normal loot this week (I think?). Which is a killer when I only have one piece of tier at 704 iLvl, and they've given the feral 4pc over my 2pc even (should be lower priority, the damage increase is worse overall). I had to fucking bonus roll the one piece of tier I have. But whatever. My DPS and rankings only look like shit without tier/trinkets - it's a vicious circle.

Also downed Heroic Mannoroth for the first time. No trinkets dropped though, unfortunately. Not like I'd be getting one at this rate.

On the plus side, I'm at 26 tomes now, so there's a chance I can finish the ring next week, and my ally DK is shaping up nicely, though I didn't have a chance to do all the apexis dailies on my horde 100s today to get more fragments. Oh and I almost forgot, heroic BoE belt with a socket dropped for me today, AH spec (since I had a non-socketed one already). Should net me a pretty penny.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
It's fake. Check out my minimap vs the screenshot.

VyOdZUf.png

Robin64

Just did Bastion of Shadows on LFR. What a slog. Bosses seemed to take forever, and two of them were a problem for people who didn't follow basic strats. Don't want to do that wing again in a hurry..

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
what is even supposed to be revealing about that screenshot? i can't even tell what is supposed to be the "new" thing it is trying to sell us on

Brohan

So i just started playing again and am considering to use a UI addon but i have a few questions..

Elvui or Lui? Which one is better or easier to use?

And most important for me: Can i undo it if i change my mind and want to go back to how everything used to be?

On a different note: Love the new WoW Token system. Didn't have to pay to play again :D.

Tacitus_

You can go back by either disabling the addons in-game or just deleting the addon folders.

I've built my own UI from bits and pieces so I can't recommend either full package.

biaxident

Been playing again since its F2P for me, pretty easy to make the 25k gold just through garrison missions. I'd like to try LFR for HFC but 2 hour q times basically makes it impossible for me, didn't I see something about blizz addressing the long LFR q's?

The game is still fun, but not as fun as the glory days for sure. But to be honest the fall from its peak (BC imo, I really enjoyed wrath too but that began the simplification of everything) is mainly due to blizzard actually listening to the majority of the playerbase. "My class can't bring x to the raid, I need more utility, why do only shamans have hero" etc... The homogenization of the classes is the worst thing to happen to WoW honestly. Players complained about classes having limitations, and blizzard said ok here's your cookie. I remember when shamans were horde and paladins were alliance only. That type of distinction between the factions was really cool. I get why they changed it, heroism is a baller spell and totems have (had) crazy utility. But now several classes have bloodlust and shamans barely use totems. I've been playing hunter and all 3 specs are so similar its pretty dumb. Stop making all the classes similar to each other, make them unique and different. Personally only shamans should have bloodlust, we got the LW drums for the other people (25% vs 30% haste). I'd rather see blizzard fix the current classes before adding a new one.

As we all know now, WoD turned out to be a total dud. I really loved it that first month, the leveling, the zones, the initial garrison experience, was all great. But once you realize you have to spend time every day in the garrison to do basically mandatory stuff the burnout came fast. Garrison are a cool concept that was poorly implemented. Like others have said it should be purely optional like doing pet battles. I did pet battles for an hour when they first came out and said this is cool, but I don't want to waste all this time and never touched them again. I'm really curious how August 6th goes down, i'm keeping all my hype at bay so i'm not disappointed again.

One change i'd like to see is with LFG tool. LFG and LFR I believe are necessary for the majority of the players and that's fine, but since its so easy the loot should be reflected more accordingly. What if when you use the LFG tool to find randoms, the loot would be 620 compared to 630 like it was at launch at WoD? But if you have 5 ppl then use the tool (just to save travel time) you get 630 gear plus a bag of goodies. Bring back the social aspect. I know we got challenge modes and mythic dungeons now, definitely in the right direction for sure. I don't really mind the way LFR works now, clearly worse gear and no tier pieces, seems ok to me. Just fix the q times for when I actually want to try it.

Brohan

You can go back by either disabling the addons in-game or just deleting the addon folders.

I've built my own UI from bits and pieces so I can't recommend either full package.

Thx! I had no idea that you could simply disable a add-on such as Elvui.

It makes so many changes that i thought some of them had to be hard to undo.

@Robin64 Yeah the 45k was pretty damn steep but luckily i had plenty and i'd rather pay the 45k gold than the 10-12 euros.

Walpurgis

Banned
Is there a guild that provides free WoW tokens as loans? Or something where everyone pitches in to the guild bank so every member can play for free? :p

I have a level 90 character now and 5 days left on my free week. I only have like 6k gold so far. Actually if I pooled all my gold across factions/servers then maybe closer to 15k. Can we send gold across servers and factions between characters now?

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
Is there a guild that provides free WoW tokens as loans?

you can't trade them, so you would need to just give them straight gold... and that's... probably not going to happen unless you're in one of those top guilds.

Or something where everyone pitches in to the guild bank so every member can play for free? :p

i dont know why anyone would want to pay for other people's subs w/their own gold, but it would be highly unlikely. especially if you aren't a long-standing consistent member.

I have a level 90 character now and 5 days left on my free week. I only have like 6k gold so far. Actually if I pooled all my gold across factions/servers then maybe closer to 15k. Can we send gold across servers and factions between characters now?

No. Same server, same faction only.

you can make like at least 8k gold or with just your garrison in about a week of logging on and doing follower missions at least twice a day, so you would be at least doubling your total gold after a week or two...

biaxident

Is there a guild that provides free WoW tokens as loans? Or something where everyone pitches in to the guild bank so every member can play for free? :p

When I first came back, it took the 25k gold from all characters on my account so it was like a few k from each character. My sub wasn't active at the time, happened at the character screen.

Edit: So draenor pathfinding is account wide right, so I can piece together achievements on several characters for it? Got tanaan stuff basically done on my hunter, but never did the assault missions, always was on the druid for it.

Tacitus_

Thx! I had no idea that you could simply disable a add-on such as Elvui.

It makes so many changes that i thought some of them had to be hard to undo.

You can always fall back to the default by deleting the new addons (and copying back your old addons, if you had any). All these complete UI makeovers are just a bunch of addons that look nice together.

Brohan

Well i guess i'm going to try and install and configure Elvui now, hope it's gonna be a smooth ride.

Thx again Tacitus_

Ark

You can always fall back to the default by deleting the new addons (and copying back your old addons, if you had any). All these complete UI makeovers are just a bunch of addons that look nice together.

I tend to think most of them are hideous, but that's just me.

Tenebrous

I tend to think most of them are hideous, but that's just me.

Same.

TellMeWhen for rotation specific abilities, Grid for healing, Auctionator/TSM & Postal for making gold, and MogIt for looking sexy. Default UI is better (and more customizable) than ever. I used to use Stellar Bars & Stellar UF, but can't be bothered with either anymore.

Tacitus_

I tried a prebuilt UI a couple of times but I've always come back to my own mix. It's not like it's anything special, but I've been using it for years now and I couldn't function without it.

RPGCrazied

Yeah, there will be no emailing. You could use NPCScanner and roam the area?

I made a macro /target for him, but geeze, all day of off and on searching. This might be the hardest pet to get, maybe along with the white panther in Sholazar Basin.

Tornhelm

Neo Member
So i just started playing again and am considering to use a UI addon but i have a few questions..

Elvui or Lui? Which one is better or easier to use?

And most important for me: Can i undo it if i change my mind and want to go back to how everything used to be?

On a different note: Love the new WoW Token system. Didn't have to pay to play again :D.

Instead of Elvui/LUI, I'd suggest using SuperVillain UI (SVUI). It was originally a fork of Elv but has been completely re-written (it has configuration options to make it less gaudy compared to the default look), but I've found it to be better to use and it can be completely updated through the Curse client instead of using a third party one.

Corsick

How hard is it to farm enough gold for coins on us realms? Keep in mind I work full time. Just wondering if it's even worth trying to get a free sub monthly working 40 hours a week.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Top row seems like the best bet

Tacitus_

How hard is it to farm enough gold for coins on us realms? Keep in mind I work full time. Just wondering if it's even worth trying to get a free sub monthly working 40 hours a week.

You could run the cata raids in 25HC on weekends and make it I think.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Sub races would lower the sting of no new races. My Orc Warrior just needs tusks(lol) and to be brown to complete my Garrosh transmog

JSoup

Banned
Everyone is talking about the next expansion.
I'm just waiting for the damn mini-patch to drop so I can get more pets.

Tenebrous

Oh my god Super Hexagon in WoW.

I wish WoW was F2P for me too, but fuck the 45k gold in Europe.

Still shocks me that so many people struggle with the token in Europe.

I might do a self imposed challenge... New realm, no gold, no BoAs, can I afford a WoW token within a month (the free month that comes with the base game) by playing just 2-3 hours a night? Hm... Probably not, haha. But with a level 100 to start with? A piece of piss.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
No idea how you all are making so much gold. My lvl 100 and garrison is only making ~100 gold per day.

Tenebrous

No idea how you all are making so much gold. My lvl 100 and garrison is only making ~100 gold per day.

Crafting all the crafted item upgrade thingymagics & hexweave bags on 11 characters. Upgrades are 3k~ profit a time, and I can make about 14 a week with practically zero effort. Bags are only about 1-1.5k profit at the moment, but 3 a week is more easy gold.

If I actually played, I'd be able to run Cata raids on 11 toons for an easy 30k+ per week, play the AH like old days and get back to making 20-30k+ a night, or maybe just sell boosts.

Biggest thing for anyone is the daily crafts, though. If you have 600+ in a non-gathering profession, and you're not making your Gearspring Parts, then you're doing it wrong.

Edit: Oh, and Shadowmourne. If anyone wants to trade Blood Infusion boosts in EU, I'd love to do it!

Top Bottom