• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT7| Feel the hatred of 10,000 Murlocs

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Druids class hall should probably be Moonglade... right?

HWaAocc.jpg

komplanen

There's a couple 'obvious' class halls locations:

Rogue - Ravenholdt Manor (Had its own reputation from beginning of Vanilla, both factions' Rogues went there for class quests)

Druid - Moonglade (Already a class quest location for both factions' Druids)

DK - Archerus (Practically a class hall already)

Monks - The 50% XP Temple where both factions teleport to do quests

But I kinda hope they come up with new stuff...

JSoup

Banned
It's the champions thing that gets me.
The champions are known WoW characters that now work for you.
Which is neat, until you realize that there are maybe two or three well known or otherwise "legendary" figures per class, even less if we're just counting ones that are still alive and/or actually on Azeroth.

And then I think about how the mage hall will be. Oh, boy, my kill team of Meryl Felstorm, Archmage Vargoth and Millhouse Manastorm. A crybaby, an lazy fuck and a duffus.

Oh, boy, can't wait.

komplanen

And then I think about how the mage hall will be. Oh, boy, my kill team of Meryl Felstorm, Archmage Vargoth and Millhouse Manastorm. A crybaby, an lazy fuck and a duffus.

Oh, boy, can't wait.

Yeah if they nail other classes that precisely than I'd say they're doing a good job.

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!
New interview from Yogscast
Demon Hunters
- Chilton wishes Demon Hunters were in Vanilla and wanted them in BC. Wrath didn't make sense to add them.
- DH class focuses on mobility. Rogue is CC and stealth, Monk is self-heal hybrid, while DH is in-your-face then escape.
- Fury and rage is similar but aren't on the same acquisition rate.
- Demon Hunter intro quest area will lead directly into level 100 Legion zones.
- Newly designed dungeons will take into effect double jump to avoid shorting the instances.

Order Halls
- Garrison is your personal space, whereas Order Halls are public.
- Only likeness is a select number of followers to send on missions.

Dalaran
- Dalaran was changed slightly for Legion; Northrend Dal is staying the same.
- Underbelly will potentially be a PVP type area and the Rogue Order Hall.

Specializations
- DH has two specs; other classes will retain their current specs. Some may be adapted and improved.
- Building distinctions between the class specs (ie: Rogue Subt is ninja, Combat is swashbuckler, Assas is poison dots).

PVP
- PVP gear & stats is gone. Diminishing returns on ilvl above a certain ilvl (maybe 7% more power max).

Lore
Story and lore will be better integrated into the endgame content.
Gul'dan is the instigator of the expansion. He is the boss of the first tier but not the expansion.

lazygecko

I thought druids filled the mobility niche. Honestly, I think the addition of new classes are getting sort of contrived, and they already seem to be covering unfilled types like pet-less ranged class by revamping the existing specs.

Rogues might get the Dalaran Sewers as a class hall? The fuck? Did they forget they already have a kick ass place to put a class hall for rogues?

latest

Blizz doesn't remember anything that made WoW great in the past, nor do they care. All they care about now is accessibility, re-usability, simplifying/dumbing down, pandering, etc.

Why do you think Dalaran is the capitol city for Legion? So they could go 2 expansions in a row without 1 new capitol city being added, rehash another dungeon, and most likely just throw the rogues into the sewers for even more re-usability.

JSoup

Banned
Yeah if they nail other classes that precisely than I'd say they're doing a good job.

To be completely honest, I'll probably enjoy it either way. I just find the idea of "mage heros" being funny. Most of them are dorks. Lovable dorks, but still.

Gnomist

mysteriousmage09 said:
Blizz doesn't remember anything that made WoW great in the past, nor do they care.

Because if there's one thing I think of when I remember the "good ol' days" of WoW it is Ravenholdt. Are you hoping to grind some more Syndicate Emblems for a reputation that does essentially nothing? Give me a break. Move on with your life and go find a game you enjoy and leave the hyperbole elsewhere.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Why do you think Dalaran is the capitol city for Legion? So they could go 2 expansions in a row without 1 new capitol city being added, rehash another dungeon, and most likely just throw the rogues into the sewers for even more re-usability.

Honestly Dalaran should be the permanent neutral city for all Azeroth-based expansions. It's a floating city that can go wherever it wants. They should have flown the fucking thing to Draenor.

ampere

That's the part I enjoyed last expansion, but sockets and vengeance completely ruined them. This time out, idk I just never got into them in the first place. I think my biggest issue is that the basic strategies didn't change from last expansion, so it felt kind of worn. I spent SOOOO much time working on strats in mop and here it's like...the specifics are different but the generalities are all the same. It gets a bit worn to me. I do appreciate that to compete after the first few months I no longer need to go get a set of gear with 23 sockets on it.

Figure out what you need for mob count. Decide if it's worth invising past any major portions and still hitting that target, try to find any cheese that lets you do dungeon specific stuff. Once that's all sussed out you pull as much of the trash at the same time as you can manage, POSSIBLY with the boss. Not having vengeance makes it a bit more challenging (you can't just pull like 5 groups together and chain CDs while the tank solos it all) but it's still really similar. I appreciate the stuff in like Skyreach for instance where personal play has a large effect on things, flash bangs and lots of mobs that are good to interrupt, chakrams, lots of things to look out for in a tense situation. But most dungeons aren't quite like that.

Fair criticism of them. I admittedly don't do CMs much after I clear them on my Monk and DK, but I do have fun with the initial "figure it out" sort of like clearing a new raid instance. It's still content and I don't think it takes them too long to update heroic -> challenge mode, so I hope they keep them around.

There's a couple 'obvious' class halls locations:

Rogue - Ravenholdt Manor (Had its own reputation from beginning of Vanilla, both factions' Rogues went there for class quests)

Druid - Moonglade (Already a class quest location for both factions' Druids)

DK - Archerus (Practically a class hall already)

Monks - The 50% XP Temple where both factions teleport to do quests

But I kinda hope they come up with new stuff...

I think those could be fine, provided they are updated. Peak of Serenity is a neat Monk area, but I have pretty much 0 reason to ever go there. DKs have to go home to Runeforge stuff, but for Monks it's just another teleport basically.

komplanen

I really liked Dalaran in WotLK and it coming back is a huge plus in my mind. Even bigger one would have been if Blizzard had designed a new capital like Dalaran but three expansions without anything coming close to Dalaran shows that maybe some things are better left as they are.

Best thing about Dalaran is that it's compact and houses both factions. Orgrimmar and SW are about three times too big to my liking and Shrine in MoP had factions split so far you couldn't even see the other faction players walking around.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
So there's going to be two versions of Dalaran? Sloppy...

Meh. It's not any sloppier than Outland and Northrend sort of existing "in the past" as it is. The version of Dalran in Northrend is just in the past.

I'm curious about what is going to be in all of the little Dalaran shops, since tier vendors aren't a thing anymore.

Interfectum

Meh. It's not any sloppier than Outland and Northrend sort of existing "in the past" as it is. The version of Dalran in Northrend is just in the past..

I dunno I think its cool if they could reuse existing towns instead of copy / pasting into a "new" town. Just makes it feel less and less like a "world." They didn't do pre / post Cataclysm Stormwind, etc. They just integrated the old and new together... it's what they should have done here IMO.

JSoup

Banned
Honestly Dalaran should be the permanent neutral city for all Azeroth-based expansions. It's a floating city that can go wherever it wants. They should have flown the fucking thing to Draenor.

If they couldn't make a portal big enough for the Skyfire, I doubt one could be made for a whole island.

Anoregon

I dunno I think its cool if they could reuse existing towns instead of copy / pasting into a "new" town. Just makes it feel less and less like a "world." They didn't do pre / post Cataclysm Stormwind, etc. They just integrated the old and new together... it's what they should have done here IMO.

That's different, as those are still in the same physical location. The Dalarans are in two different physical, un-instanced locations. Like, if I am flying from Icecrown and land in Dalaran, I can't be in the same place as someone who flew over to Dalaran from Suramar in the Broken Isles.

Interfectum

That's different, as those are still in the same physical location. The Dalarans are in two different physical, un-instanced locations. Like, if I am flying from Icecrown and land in Dalaran, I can't be in the same place as someone who flew over to Dalaran from Suramar in the Broken Isles.

I figured during the world event they'd move the city out of Icecrown and leave behind flight path, important quest hubs + portal to new Dalaran. Probably too much work but was hoping they'd figure it out. Not a deal breaker or anything just meh.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
How do they make a class that has more mobility than Monks? I still don't really understand what they're doing with Demon Hunters.

Tacitus_

What's the current flying grind now? Has the time been shortened? Thinking of taking a 7 day and seeing what I can do. All of my characters except 2 are at 90 and them being able to fly in Draenor would certainly help leveling them for Legion.

Level 100, do a couple of weeks worth of dailies for 3 Tanaan reputations, get loremaster, explorer, find a bunch of treasures and do the old apexis dailies.

So, still then same.

Because if there's one thing I think of when I remember the "good ol' days" of WoW it is Ravenholdt. Are you hoping to grind some more Syndicate Emblems for a reputation that does essentially nothing? Give me a break. Move on with your life and go find a game you enjoy and leave the hyperbole elsewhere.

Missed the point completely but continue on with your shitposting.

Nokterian

I do agree with this but for the love of god i do hope they improve it so it isn't lagaran it was just terrible in Wrath. Dalaran feels good but so cramped when you were there they need to open up more space and make it a bit bigger for the sake of it.

ampere

So there's going to be two versions of Dalaran? Sloppy...

Do you propose they spend a large amount of time altering WotLK content so that it works without Dalaran being there? It's an MMO, zones exist as snapshots in time.

Look in the Orgrimmar throne room on live, Garrosh and Nazgrim are standing right next to Voljin.

How do they make a class that has more mobility than Monks? I still don't really understand what they're doing with Demon Hunters.

I will be surprised if double jump makes it to live servers honestly. It looks really hard to balance, unless it's not really that strong (or just like a forward disengage with a CD).

Anoregon

I figured during the world event they'd move the city out of Icecrown and leave behind flight path, important quest hubs + portal to new Dalaran. Probably too much work but was hoping they'd figure it out. Not a deal breaker or anything just meh.

That definitely seems like a worse way to go about it than just having old Dalaran in Northrend and New Dalaran in Broken Isles, imo.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
I do agree with this but for the love of god i do hope they improve it so it isn't lagaran it was just terrible in Wrath. Dalaran feels good but so cramped when you were there they need to open up more space and make it a bit bigger for the sake of it.

The lag was unrelated to the city. It was because you essentially had two zones loaded at once with Crystalsong and Dalaran right on top of eachother.

This time Dalaran looks to be floating just off the coast, so it shouldn't be a problem.

I can see double jump breaking so many old things, let alone new ones that they can't possibly foresee.

Number one on my list of things announced that don't make it to live.

Nokterian

The lag was unrelated to the city. It was because you essentially had two zones loaded at once with Crystalsong and Dalaran right on top of eachother.

This time Dalaran looks to be floating just off the coast, so it shouldn't be a problem.

That could be it yeah no wonder it was called lagaran i went back to IF or SW the moment i was loaded in.

cdyhybrid

I can see double jump breaking so many old things, let alone new ones that they can't possibly foresee.

I would imagine they designed all the new content with double jump in mind (in fact, they've said as much) - so the only old content you'd really have to worry about is BGs and arenas. Double jump breaking things in Cata dungeons isn't really a big deal.

Pretty sure the main reason was Wintergrasp being so close and not instanced. That's why they added the queue to join it. Crystalsong is an incredibly tiny zone with not much in it. I could also see a lot of the lag/slowdown, could have been due to the graphics bump at the time. Wrath is when they went through the first major overhaul on that front. But ultimately, yes, Dalaran's location, while perfect for what was going on lore wise, was really bad in performance for basically everyone.

Shahadan

Pretty sure the main reason was Wintergrasp being so close and not instanced. That's why they added the queue to join it. Crystalsong is an incredibly tiny zone with not much in it. I could also see a lot of the lag/slowdown, could have been due to the graphics bump at the time. Wrath is when they went through the first major overhaul on that front. But ultimately, yes, Dalaran's location, while perfect for what was going on lore wise, was really bad in performance for basically everyone.

There is nothing in crystalsong because of dalalag. There are two empty faction camps that were supposed to be used in quests and they decided against it because of dalaran.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future

Yeah, double jump seems like such an out there addition.

Mobility is totally possible without it. Double jump could end up breaking battlegrounds and arenas as well.

Tacitus_

Yeah, double jump seems like such an out there addition.

Mobility is totally possible without it. Double jump could end up breaking battlegrounds and arenas as well.

Eh, dunno. It'll probably be a heroic leap without the pathing problems. They'll just put invisible walls to the places they don't want you to jump to.

Tampler

Man, Crystalsong. One of the few zones that made me go "wow". It's a shame they never did anything with it in the end, bar a few Argent Tourny quests.

Because that always works really well :p

Reminds me of the ongoing game on getting into Mt. Hyjal before Cataclysm lol.

-Really easy, just do these jumps and navigate through a few walls and boom! Have fun!

-A bit harder to get into now but still not terrible!

-They really don't want people in here anymore, it's getting to be a hell of a chore to make the jumps properly and walls are everywhere!

-Hmmm, nothing seems to have changed much, I can still get in and expl...... "No mans land".

BibleThump

cdyhybrid

Finished Chapter 3 of the Legendary Ring quest. On the part where I have to upgrade my Shipyard and collect Tomes from HFC.

I'm enjoying the game a lot more now that I've decided to basically ignore all my alts aside from collecting the Garrison Cache every day. No clearing the mine/herb garden 9x every day, etc.

Don't really feel like going through the hassle of pugging HFC, so I guess I'll be content with 695 gear from Tanaan via Apexis Crystals and the occasional Normal HFC cache mission.

Top Bottom