• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT7| Feel the hatred of 10,000 Murlocs

Finished Chapter 3 of the Legendary Ring quest. On the part where I have to upgrade my Shipyard and collect Tomes from HFC.

I'm enjoying the game a lot more now that I've decided to basically ignore all my alts aside from collecting the Garrison Cache every day. No clearing the mine/herb garden 9x every day, etc.

Don't really feel like going through the hassle of pugging HFC, so I guess I'll be content with 695 gear from Tanaan via Apexis Crystals and the occasional Normal HFC cache mission.

Jokes on you, you get LFR caches if you're not doing normal or higher.

And while I do missions on my alts, it's more like every other day or every third day that I check them. Fuck the noise that is the mine and garden. Too much busywork for too little gain.

cdyhybrid

Jokes on you, you get LFR caches if you're not doing normal or higher.

And while I do missions on my alts, it's more like every other day or every third day that I check them. Fuck the noise that is the mine and garden. Too much busywork for too little gain.

That's fucking lame. Do I need to kill 15 (or whatever it is) LFR bosses to start getting Normal caches?

Anyone have any recent experience with open raid? I'd like to do that instead of guild raiding but I don't know how far in advanced it is appropriate to sign up. I'm signed up for tonight and tomorrow but no approval yet. Also unsure if I should sign up for multiple raids in the same timeslot.

Nice got approved, though they're 5/14 and beginner. I'll be happy if we down one boss.

JSoup

Banned
I told you all I'd do it and now I've done it!

t1geo11.jpg

phierce

Anyone have any recent experience with open raid? I'd like to do that instead of guild raiding but I don't know how far in advanced it is appropriate to sign up. I'm signed up for tonight and tomorrow but no approval yet. Also unsure if I should sign up for multiple raids in the same timeslot.

Nice got approved, though they're 5/14 and beginner. I'll be happy if we down one boss.
I've used OR a lot with two of my alts and now, as a result, both alts have solid weekly raid groups that are progressing very nicely.

I highly recommend OR if you're not in a solid raid guild/for alts.

As far as sign ups and stuff...sign up as far in advance that you know you can definitely attend. Make sure you don't no show on a raid you signed up for and cancel way ahead of time if you can't make it. Worst thing to do with OR is to have a shitty attendance.

ZenaxPure

Honestly Dalaran should be the permanent neutral city for all Azeroth-based expansions. It's a floating city that can go wherever it wants. They should have flown the fucking thing to Draenor.

I want to live in this world where there are just like 10 Dalarans across the various WoW continents.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
I am 5 mounts away from 250.

It is...excruciating to say the least. It's like finding the last agility orb in Crackdown.

I am 5 mounts away from 250.

It is...excruciating to say the least. It's like finding the last agility orb in Crackdown.

I'm at 109, wow. What do you even do at that point? Hardcore rep grinds? Pray for drops like Invincible and Mimiron's?

If you get the Horde rep mounts and the Alliance rep mounts on diff characters do they count towards your overall total?

Tenebrous

I've just been thinking about WoW, and what elements surrounding it can never truly be recaptured. Gameplay systems change, people come and go, whatever, but fucking hell, we had a pretty amazing community back in the day. Fansites were in the thousands, Machinima was uploaded on a daily basis, and Blizzard themselves rocked the fuck outta everyone with the cheesiest novelty rock band that's ever lived in ETC.

Mainstream media paid attention to World of Warcraft in ways that it never had previous games, leading to a more widespread acceptance & understanding of gamers than ever before. I know it's impossible to attribute all (or maybe any) of the change surrounding the perception of gamers to a single game, but I believe no game before WoW had anywhere near the effect that it did. It validated our hobby in many ways, and the only modern comparisons are probably the Wii, Minecraft, and whatever iOS tat is popular today.

These are things that just aren't coming back, and it saddens me to think about it. While we do still have a few fansites, the odd piece of machinima, ETC performances at Blizzcon and whatnot, the perfect storm of developer brilliance & player creativity surrounding the game is never going to return, and I have to wonder if any MMO will manage to do so again... I'm leaning towards no. This genre I've spent so much of my life involved in is actually dying, and I hate seeing it, especially as the flagbearer for the dedicated MMO keeps falling from grace day by day.

It just isn't a special game anymore.

cdyhybrid

I'm at 109, wow. What do you even do at that point? Hardcore rep grinds? Pray for drops like Invincible and Mimiron's?

If you get the Horde rep mounts and the Alliance rep mounts on diff characters do they count towards your overall total?

Running a bunch of raids/dungeons on as many characters as possible for rare drops, and a shitload of rep grinding.

Edit: RE: the double jump discussion earlier:
"Are you worried about DH skipping bosses and such with double jumps?"
"We'll be careful about that in current instanced content, doesn't matter so much in past areas. And if you can do it in solo areas, it's fun!"

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/1840459-New-Interview-Yogscast-Legion

Even though I think I would rather main a Warlock in Legion I'm going to roll a resto Shaman. My main in WoD has been a Fury Warrior and while I've enjoyed it leveling up, the queue times for dungeons are atrocious. Pre-WoD queue times were usually 15-20 minutes, in WoD the queue times are usually an hour plus. Given how every one and their nana is going to be a Demon Hunter in Legion the queues will be packed with DPS and Tanks, I figure healer will be the insta-queue class.

Even though I think I would rather main a Warlock in Legion I'm going to roll a resto Shaman. My main in WoD has been a Fury Warrior and while I've enjoyed it leveling up, the queue times for dungeons are atrocious. Pre-WoD queue times were usually 15-20 minutes, in WoD the queue times are usually an hour plus. Given how every one and their nana is going to be a Demon Hunter in Legion the queues will be packed with DPS and Tanks, I figure healer will be the insta-queue class.

Very good logic. But healers have always been isnta-queue haha

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Tanks are insta-queues.
Healers are like 2-3 minute queues. Or that's how it was in MOP. Course I eventually had so much gear on my Ele Shaman that I just queued as a healer and burned the whole dungeon to the ground.

DH going right into Legion content after their intro is great. I'll definitely switch mains for this expansion even if I have to be a disgusting Elf.

mileS

it just kind of... happens lol. If you sit there and count/check the achievement every time you get a new one it will go slow and you might give up.

Khezu

I have never played a healer past 60.
Might give it a shot, I did enjoy the little healing I have done across random alts.

Just don't know what class/spec I would enjoy the most.

I have a 90 Monk, but I'm not sure I would like mistweaver much.

Maybe do a Alliance space goat Priest, the exact opposite of my entire WoW career.

TheYanger

It's not like people don't use shit like heroic leap or shroud of concealment or lock ports or any other nonsense to do the same shit. DoubleJump is infinitely less 'breaky' than a lot of other shit that already exists.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Well, a lot of that shit requires clicking on the ground and finding a path. Which hardly ever works in old content. Only in Draenor did they loosen that stuff up where as you could arguably double jump anywhere.

That said you could FSK and bypass a lot of mechanics as a monk in a few dungeons and old raids

ZenaxPure

It's not like people don't use shit like heroic leap or shroud of concealment or lock ports or any other nonsense to do the same shit. DoubleJump is infinitely less 'breaky' than a lot of other shit that already exists.

Yeah heroic leap is stronger than double jump probably ever will be. The amount of stuff you can break with leap is stupid. You can get nearly every treasure in Draenor by just leaping to them. It's silly.

Robin64

The PvP in the Underbelly bit sounds great. Bribing NPCs so they clear off, allowing everyone to fight.

Also, speaking of PvP, wonder if they'll bother with a world zone this time.

M.D

WTF with the token prices in EU? I thought I'd buy one month to experience all the 6.2, but I'm not spending 46K when I only have 90

Should've have probably taken advantage of that email offering me 7 free days, but I was thinking about the fact all of my addons were out of date and it bummed me out X_X

In the few months I've been playing WoW World PVP seems to consist of a few level 100's trolling some low level quest turn-in point, killing any lowbies dumb enough to flag, until a larger group of level 100's comes and kills them or chases them off. The bother of which is by-passed by just wandering off to kill random trash until you're 15 and can start hoping into the finder for dungeons and battlegrounds. In short world PVP, thus far, seems pretty lame.

Battle grounds have been fun.

Robin64

I recently levelled 1 to 60 on a PvP realm. I had one encounter with an enemy player at the Stonetalon entrance, and then one more in Felwood. That was it for my entire journey. Sad times.

I recently levelled 1 to 60 on a PvP realm. I had one encounter with an enemy player at the Stonetalon entrance, and then one more in Felwood. That was it for my entire journey. Sad times.

No one levels via quests anymore. If you have looms you can get there so quickly just doing each dungeon one time, hell you can skip some.

Robin64

No one levels via quests anymore. If you have looms you can get there so quickly just doing each dungeon one time, hell you can skip some.

Well indeed.

Though it's worth noting I did meet a lot of people on the way up, they were all just my faction. I think even with questing, the default "routes" for the factions don't really cross over that much. Forsaken, for example, don't mingle with others until Swamp of Sorrows, assuming you just follow the progression.

CassSept

In the few months I've been playing WoW World PVP seems to consist of a few level 100's trolling some low level quest turn-in point, killing any lowbies dumb enough to flag, until a larger group of level 100's comes and kills them or chases them off. The bother of which is by-passed by just wandering off to kill random trash until you're 15 and can start hoping into the finder for dungeons and battlegrounds. In short world PVP, thus far, seems pretty lame.

It's always been that way. When I leveled my first character back in TBC I spent days (leveling was MUCH slower seriously) in Nesingwary's Camp alone, that place was in constant turmoil.

lazygecko

Not much motivation to casually play battlegrounds any more when the horde loses all the time, and alliance get long queues because nobody on horde wants to play as a result.

I think open raid may have saved wow raiding for me. Even though we only killed Kilrogg it was a much better experience than looking for a pug for 2 hours that falls apart after one whipe. No one left the group and we wiped for like an hour and we downed the boss and got a good attempt on gorefiend. It's not mythic or even heroic progression, but the sense of achivement is there.

I don't join guilds because either they're too hardcore and not looking for another mdps (or one of my gear level), or they're super casual and their raid dates flake out because they have kids to take care of or something IRL comes up.

RPGCrazied

Gul'dan is not the final boss, oh man I hope its Kil'jaeden, such the perfect time to finally end him.

Maybe the scourge will be the next expansion theme?

Top Bottom