• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT7| Feel the hatred of 10,000 Murlocs

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I like the idea of enhance more than actually playing it, sadly.

cdyhybrid

This Lich King/Yogg-Saron stuff is a cool read.

I just don't have the faith in Blizzard to be that subtle with the story when they just resorted to time travel and alternate universes last expansion.

Savitar

I just don't have the faith in Blizzard to be that subtle with the story when they just resorted to time travel and alternate universes last expansion.

If Blizzard was ever capable of subtlety they lost that ability a long time ago.

Too time consuming.

I'm back in hard. Can't stop thinking about WoW. I bought WoD but never got to max level. I bet there's enough content for me to enjoy beofre Legion. Got my Shaman up to 98. Are they any good?

If you want to do arena enhance has a couple super strong comps from what I hear, lock/enhance/x turbo cleave, and resto shamans are really strong as well.

If you're just doing random bgs than class/spec doesn't really matter, but I wouldn't come back if I was horde, since they apparently lose 24/7 nowadays.

Robin64

It's cool, I'm gonna head to the Broken Isles while everyone else wanks over their new Demon Hunter and gets frustrated there.

iirate

Ele was awful then amazing then average now I think it's kind of crappy again?
Enhance has been medicore the entire xpac I think, but has great AoE.

Close! They were absolutely crazy terrible at the very start, before they got buffed. Leveling my ele shaman at launch was more painful(and about as fast) as leveling my priest as discipline not long after. The first buff made them competitive, then the Echo & crit scaling changes made them even better. They've been on a moderate decline since.

It was really strong on certain fights in the first tier because of the buffs to fire nova make it stack. Enhance will never be a priority to them anymore. Not since Cata. Doubly so with Demon Hunters around.
I wish I didn't enjoy it so much.

I really enjoyed late cata enhance, even with its 0 burst and 0 lust benefits.

But look at it this way, enhance got more attention during the expansion reveal than the whole rogue class, that's go to count for something.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
This is still the worst thing they ever did to Enhancement
wow-stormblast.jpg

to
wow-windstrike.jpg

why
why
why
why
why

why can't i glyph that back to stormblast

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks

the alternate universe Old Gods are going to come to current Azeroth before anything happens with Lich King again

the stupidity will never end now

RPGCrazied

So, who do you think is going to die? You know someone is going to. I mean Blizzard did say we would be shocked. Thrall bites it? I'm going to guess Tirion going out in in a spectacular way too maybe.

Savitar

So, who do you think is going to die? You know someone is going to. I mean Blizzard did say we would be shocked. Thrall bites it? I'm going to guess Tirion going out in in a spectacular way.

No, no you missed what is truly going to happen.....

Thrall has a son now.

A son.

Of Thrall.

What does Blizzard do......

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
So, who do you think is going to die? You know someone is going to. I mean Blizzard did say we would be shocked. Thrall bites it? I'm going to guess Tirion going out in in a spectacular way too maybe.

I feel like Tirion's death is all but confirmed. Thrall is possible obviously, but I wouldn't be surprised if he just gives up Doomhammer for whatever reason.

Varian is possible. New Anduin model, character blurb about him learning "the true price of peace" and the fact that Varian's sword would make a perfect warrior artifact.

Sylvanas won't die at Broken Shore, but it looks like they are setting up some kind of shit to go down with her later in the xpac. She might not make it to 8.0

Also, since the Marksman artifact is a Windrunner bow, Vareesa might bite it. Just in time to be replaced by Alleria.

cdyhybrid

the alternate universe Old Gods are going to come to current Azeroth before anything happens with Lich King again

the stupidity will never end now

It's a damn shame, the Old Gods would give us so much cool stuff if utilized properly. We could have WOW take on a Lovecraftian survival-horror sort of vibe.

Probably a few different people.

davepoobond

It's a damn shame, the Old Gods would give us so much cool stuff if utilized properly. We could have WOW take on a Lovecraftian survival-horror sort of vibe.

I think the Old Gods are probably the most interesting part of WoW, gets more to the core of the idea that Azeroth is special in some unknown way yet to be fully explained.

I suppose the next expansion will get to that now -- at least we'll know why the Burning Legion cares so much about Azeroth. Hopefully it isn't some pride thing where its like "well, we gotta go back cause they beat us once already"

if it mattered that much they could just go to Alternate Azeroth and just deal with that one instead?

Blizzard was keen to point out that "some heroes have lost hope" when discussing the artifact system so that means they don't have to kill anyone, just sideline them.

Not much motivation to casually play battlegrounds any more when the horde loses all the time, and alliance get long queues because nobody on horde wants to play as a result.

I'm Horde, I casually play BG's while leveling up. It probably helps that I've solo queued a few thousand hours in Dota and HotS solo but it also probably helps that I am new and have low level goals to shoot for. For example I have almost earned my Belf Battle Chicken mount (Swift Warstrider).

I think I've won exactly one match with my Blood Elf Fire Mage but I also kind of expected to lose a lot while learning, nevermind the growing disparity between the factions in PVP.

Entropia

No One Remembers
I'm so disgusted I don't want to play WoW right now.

I needed 3 tomes to finish my legendary quest. I did every boss available through LFR (i.e. all but Archimonde) and I got 1!!! Meanwhile, my friend who needed 4 somehow got 5!

>:|

Anoregon

Probably end up going Survival maybe so I can keep my pet, and try out the melee hunter out. Raptor strike returning?

Yeah I'm totally pumped to be melee troll fighting side by side with my dinosaur bros.

davepoobond

Probably end up going Survival maybe so I can keep my pet, and try out the melee hunter out. Raptor strike returning?

almost assuredly. Raptor Strike, Wing Clip, and diversification/addition of Traps will probably happen.

i would guess there is going to be a spear throw on a long cooldown

maybe they'll turn black arrow/explosive shot into some sort of trap variant if they dont give them to BM

Anoregon

I wouldn't be surprised if there is an ability called "Raptor Strike", but I doubt it will have much in common with the old version aside from causing damage.

wow-stormblast.jpg

to
wow-windstrike.jpg

why
why
why
why
why

I'd rather them remove ascendance all together and buff wolves to hell and back.

And make fire ele not a major dps CD again, just put it all into wolves.

But yeah, sith lighting zap was 10000000x better than the transparent glaive toss shit they gave us in it's place.

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!
I think the Old Gods are probably the most interesting part of WoW, gets more to the core of the idea that Azeroth is special in some unknown way yet to be fully explained.

I suppose the next expansion will get to that now -- at least we'll know why the Burning Legion cares so much about Azeroth. Hopefully it isn't some pride thing where its like "well, we gotta go back cause they beat us once already"

if it mattered that much they could just go to Alternate Azeroth and just deal with that one instead?

Unless there is only one Azeroth. There is also this quote from a recent interview:
Azeroth is the only world (that we know of) that the Legion hasn't conquered yet.

davepoobond

Unless there is only one Azeroth. There is also this quote from a recent interview:

i suppose that could make sense logically, i would just be disappointed if that were the case.

I mean, Alternate Universe was created when Kairoz and Garrosh went there, if Burning Legion ruled everything already they would have already had Draenor under complete control when they got there and wouldn't be staging a similar version of their previous invasion which we are rebuffing.

and now technically there are 2 places left that havent been taken over by Burning Legion.

ZenaxPure

I do think they're doing a lot of fan service though. The emerald dream stuff seems out of left field, I thought they specifically wrapped that storyline up in a book about Malfurion.

Nope.

This comes up like every other day, it's amazing how many people who never actually read a book cite it as a resource.

I think I figured out the next expansion after Legion, Crisis on Infinite Azeroths. That way Blizzard can kill Earthen Ring Shaman Thrall and bring back Warchief Thrall or any other hero for that matter.

davepoobond

I think I figured out the next expansion after Legion, Crisis on Infinite Azeroths. That way Blizzard can kill Earthen Ring Shaman Thrall and bring back Warchief Thrall or any other hero for that matter.

we get our artifacts in Legion but still keep the best versions of the heroes! sounds great

shoreu

So with the possibility of their not being Weapon drops in this next Expac what do you guys think? I first heard this Theory from Preach and don't know how to feel about it yet.

Robin64

So with the possibility of their not being Weapon drops in this next Expac what do you guys think? I first heard this Theory from Preach and don't know how to feel about it yet.

It's not a theory, it's been confirmed by Blizz. Weapon drops in Legion will be in the form of items that improve your Artifact weapon.

cdyhybrid

It's not a theory - it's confirmed. Fine with me, you still have to kill bosses/do quests/etc. to get higher DPS from your weapon, so the only thing you're really missing is the possibility of using different types of weapons.

shoreu

It's not a theory, it's been confirmed by Blizz. Weapon drops in Legion will be in the form of items that improve your Artifact weapon.

It's not a theory - it's confirmed. Fine with me, you still have to kill bosses/do quests/etc. to get higher DPS from your weapon, so the only thing you're really missing is the possibility of using different types of weapons.

Oh wow, so you just gain weapon xp per kill now? What about pvp?

shoreu

It's not EXP. The Artifact has slots that you can socket items into to give the weapon stats - those items are what the bosses drop. Gear is being de-emphasized in PVP.

Ok that seems reasonable i'm assuming these parts are going to have LFR, Normal, Heroic, and Mythic versions.

I took away from the pvp talk that gear would still matter a little bit but not nearly as much. I hope it doesn't end up where i need to do a mythic raid to compete with my weapon and gear(set bonuses). I know about the scaling but the set bonuses can make or break a fight.

EmiPrime

I finally got a heirloom ring mission. Looks like you need either the undead/human or pandaren crew buff on both ships to get 100% success chance.

CassSept

Well, we already have Gul'dan awakening Illidan who gained his demonic powers by absorbing the power of Skull of Gul'dan. Awkward.

iirate

I finally got a heirloom ring mission. Looks like you need either the undead/human or pandaren crew buff on both ships to get 100% success chance.

I think Pandaren crew got buffed to be stronger than Human/Undead when it applies. I don't think 2x H/UD gets there.

iirate

Ah that may well be the case.

If I fail this at 96% chance I am cancelling my sub. I will be that mad!

Yeah, I have an all undead fleet(aside from my Awakener & the 2 murloc ships), and now I wish I had pandaren, but there's no way I'm starting over with my shipyard.

EmiPrime

Yeah, I have an all undead fleet(aside from my Awakener & the 2 murloc ships), and now I wish I had pandaren, but there's no way I'm starting over with my shipyard.

It's just another example of how poorly thought out the shipyard is. Destroying and rebuilding a ship for a good crew and getting tauren is really annoying.

why
why
why
why
why

I still like the vanilla windfury animation better than the current one.

https://youtu.be/_zyCfc00KuU?t=1m26s

I liked the way the wind trailed you as you moved.

Kind of eying enhance shaman just because I like being the underplayed classes.

I'd be down for some Earth 2 Anduin Lothar that survived the war. Anduin, Khadgar, Medivh, Turalyon and Alleria form the Justice Society of Azeroth.

Top Bottom