• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT7| Feel the hatred of 10,000 Murlocs

Respect

So just re-upped and am finding out my 2 favorite specs are weak in pvp (UH dk and WW Monk). Knew UH was lacking since necrotic strike was removed (coming back for Legion though /hype) surprised WW is so weak...I knew they needed some tweaking (last I played them was toward the end of Mists), but they are still so fun to play.

Hope they can fine tune them, it really is a fun spec, would rather not be a hindrance to an arena team though.

Story of my life. Every time I come back my main class is in its weakest spot. Had I come back ~6 months ago I'd be a king. Repeat for all other classes. After this long I should have figured out that I need every class. But fuck ever playing a drood or huntard.

Respect

Exactly my thoughts...hate druid playstyle, leveled one to 70 during TBC, didn't like it at all, haven't touched it since. But they are always so strong in arena, especially resto but lately feral has been great too. Just don't like hunter at all either, have tried to level one a few times, I just don't enjoy the class.

I do enjoy resto shaman and they were top tier for a while and they seem strong now...just don't like healing unless I roll with guys I have played with before, and none of them are playing right now. Playing with randoms as a healer is not fun.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
WW/FDK/Hpal is one of the best comp in 3s right now. WW monks are not weak.

It's called the walking dead and venruki plays it.

cdyhybrid

I'm really hoping that at some point they do away with the whole two resources for DPS rotations thing. I can't think of many specs over all classes that aren't

Spend Resource 1 to get Resource 2
Stack Resource 2
Spend Resource 2 on Cooldown ability
Repeat

That's why DKs have the best resource system. Spending Runes generates RP, and spending RP generates Runes. So it's a constant battle to keep one or both from capping.

I have all the shipyard equipment drops from rares/bosses except the one that drops off the Whale Shark. Are raids on this guy pretty common? I haven't seen any in the group finder.

EmiPrime

That's why DKs have the best resource system. Spending Runes generates RP, and spending RP generates Runes. So it's a constant battle to keep one or both from capping.

I have all the shipyard equipment drops from rares/bosses except the one that drops off the Whale Shark. Are raids on this guy pretty common? I haven't seen any in the group finder.

They're less and less frequent because there's no incentive to do him more then once.

Robin64

I only have 13 tomes. I only do LFR so my motivation usually isn't there to kill all the bosses I can each week. It's so boring and the queue is usually long.

I keep telling myself I am going to complete the legendary line this expansion. I gave up during the last collection phase in Mists.

Yeah, this final stretch is so dull and sloggish, but I got this far, so can't quit now dammit.

Respect

WW/FDK/Hpal is one of the best comp in 3s right now. WW monks are not weak.

It's called the walking dead and venruki plays it.

I don't doubt that there is a comp out there that works, but you're talking about one of the best players in the world, who plays with other top players. At my best with a strong team I'm a 1800-1900 player, not even close people like Venruki. I also don't think he feels it is up to snuff at the moment based on the post he help put together with Balance:

http://www.arenajunkies.com/topic/309209-legion-how-to-fix-ww-by-balance-venruki/

I haven't played nearly enough to come to any definitive conclusions, but there are things I can see that would need to be addressed. Torpedo being inserted into a burst rotation since it is one of our hardest hitting abilities doesn't seem right. There isn't much flexibility with our glyphs, you have to have glyph of karma and touch of death, far too risky to play without them in arena (can't speak for every class, but on DK and shaman I always have had more flexibility with glyphs). It is also rough baking a lot of our burst into a rather tough to use ability (fists of fury - can be interrupted by stuns/charges/knockbacks/fears) and the range isn't good either.

I'm certainly not discouraged to play the class, its just too fun. Rerolling to a fotm class that isn't fun to me serves no purpose in the end other than to discourage me from playing.

I'm sure there will be changes though, chi torpedo will have it's damage toned down, I really don't think they intended monks to use that as a mostly damage dealing ability. I would guess touch of karma glyph being baseline eventually. Assuming this happens and FoF either gets fixed to be easier to use or maybe has it's burst toned down and given to other abilities, I'd be more than happy with that.

(Transcendence being instant now is amazing though.)

Curious how they are in PvE, my guess would be their strong since they could keep tiger's eye brew up probably close to 100% of the time.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
WW monks are definitely not unique in missing quite a few crucial abilities and a lot of their shit not making sense though.

No one will argue that affliction locks aren't strong as ballsack right now, but I don't have a slow or mobility at all compared to melee. When venruki complains about monk mobility its hilarious. Try playing a warlock.

pvp as a whole is unbalanced and broken and weird right now, it's not just certain classes.

Maybe I'm reading too much into it but damn Omnus looks like a reference to enigma, who was based on the void unit in wc3 dota. Mostly because of the black hole dropping and sucking everyone in.

I enjoyed leveling in WoD to a degree. I thought the quest flow was solid and having lots of little treasures to encourage me to navigate the terrain and explore how to get somewhere was enjoyable. I hope they push that even further for Legion.

I still feel like questing is at a point where it's TOO designed. I'm always following breadcrumbs and never discovering something on my own. The sense of discovery is kind of lost when I know I'll be led to everything I need to do and see.

Similarly I think we need NEW ways to explore the environment. Whether a player package addition or vehicle or some environmental element or whatever. I wish there was something that opened up the world in an interesting way that made me seek out new opportunities for exploring.

WoD actually rewarded exploration. There are treasure chests all over each region, initially unmarked on your map but you could purchase a treasure map in Ashran if you wanted to be a completionist. Early on the treasures contain useful items, later those items are mostly xmogs but they also are toys, pets and garrison resources, There are world events/quests that you can stumble across, some are clearly marked on the map, others only appear because of proximity. There are unique monsters with drops all over, and not every area can be 100% cleared when first playing through it. There are a number of areas populated by level 100 mobs that you have to wait to explore. The buildings you choose in different areas provide different bonuses, some of which are vehicles. If a quest chain doesn't put you in proximity to these things, then a standard activity like resource gathering or archaeology will but what further incentive do you need? Have the item level of treasure scale with your hero? More equipment dropping from more things? More toys? More pets?

komplanen

PTR client patch 6.2.2 being datamined and it has texts referring to preordering Legion, the level 100 boost and this little baby:

shopgames.png

Robin64

Digital Deluxe for me. Want that Illidari Felstalker mount. (And the matching pet, Nibbles)

Collector's Edition: Illidari Felstalker (New) Owner of the Legion Collector's Edition Illidari Felstalker mount. Account Wide.
Collector's Edition: Nibbles (New) Owner of the Legion Collector's Edition felstalker pet, Nibbles. Account Wide.
Collector's Edition: Zeradar (New) Owner of the Legacy of the Void Collector's Edition archon pet, Zeradar. Account Wide.
Crashin' Thrashin' Flamer (New) Proud owner of the 2015 Vintage Winter Veil gift, the Crashin' Thrashin' Flamer.
Did Someone Say...? (New) Wielded Inflatable Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker. Account Wide.
Murkidan (New) Proud owner of Murkidan from the 2015 BlizzCon. Account Wide.

komplanen

Kinda have to say that a DH riding that mount is just something else. Kinda shame it's a land mount only :-( (or at least looks very much like a land mount)

Epix

If the last expansion I bought was Wotlk, will I have to buy all the expansions in between that one and Legion in order to play the new expansion?

Zelias

Banned
If the last expansion I bought was Wotlk, will I have to buy all the expansions in between that one and Legion in order to play the new expansion?
No. Right now, all the expansions bar WoD are rolled into the base game. It's likely that, come Legion, WoD will be rolled into the base game too and you'll only need to buy Legion.

Zelias

Banned
Going to try soloing H Cata raids for gold. Hopefully it won't give me too much trouble - 683 Frost Mage.
Do 25 man for more loot and gold from bosses. Should be pretty easy at your gear level, only problem I had as SPriest was Ultraxion before I got geared.

Stalk

Anyone in an alliance guild on Auchidoun EU I could nab an invite to? I decided to start a fresh character after all these years and just see how the experience goes.

RPGCrazied

Cool mount, sucks it doesn't fly. Though you won't be flying in Legion for a long time anyway. Illidan better be on the mouse pad!

Tacitus_

H10 is comfortably solod. H25 and you'll need some way to keep yourself alive if a fight last longer than 45 seconds (i.e. Spine)

Really shouldn't be too much of a problem if you use your sustain abilities on CD. I don't take damage at all on my warlock since nothing even gets past my Soul Leech absorbs.

Robin64

Timewalking improvements.

New Timewalking Rewards

Players now receive a Timewarped Badge when they complete a Timewalking dungeon. These badges can be redeemed at new vendors that appear during a Timewalking bonus event. The new vendors sell new toys, new mounts, in addition to gear that scales up to the character's level at the time of purchase.

Timewalking Loot Changes

Wrath of the Lich King dungeon bosses now have a chance to drop a Frozen Orb as personal loot while Timewalking.
Burning Crusade dungeon bosses now have a chance to drop Primal Nether as personal loot while Timewalking.
Additionally, all Timewalking dungeon bosses that had a chance to drop profession patterns or recipes now have a chance to drop them again if the player has the relevant profession and not learned it yet.
Skadi the Ruthless in Utgarde Pinnacle now has a very slight chance to drop Reins of the Blue Proto-Drake as personal loot while Timewalking.
Loken in Halls of Lightning now has a chance to drop a music roll while Timewalking.

RPGCrazied

Damn, I haven't got the virtual ticket in a couple years, but I just might this year to get Murkidan. He looks awesome. I have Deathy, Grunty, and Murkalot so far.

ZenaxPure

300 mounts eh. Wasn't expecting that until next expansion. That's going to be a challenging one since TCG mounts carried me to 250. Going to have to scrape the bottom of the barrel for everything to reach that one.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Well I'll probably getting a digital deluxe eventually. That mount is too awesome.

Top Bottom