• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT7| Feel the hatred of 10,000 Murlocs

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Well at least they started it early.

Which is kind of surprising since so many answers from Gamescom were "we aren't quite sure yet."

I guess they are at least able to test early questing, Demon Hunters, and a few artifacts.

Tacitus_

So uh, this happened.
g7Cd7Bl.jpg

Apparently mobs can also come through the nether portal on Archimonde.

cdyhybrid

Which is kind of surprising since so many answers from Gamescom were "we aren't quite sure yet."

I guess they are at least able to test early questing, Demon Hunters, and a few artifacts.

They've said that they don't want to announce everything unless they're sure it's going to be in (because of all the stuff that got cut from WOD), so they were probably just playing it safe with those answers.

7anBXEo.png

Current xmog for my mage. Didn't get enough tokens in ICC this week to get the heroic shoulders, so I'm using something random instead D:

Still wondering whether my DH will be male or female. I hate the male BElf models =\

Rixxan

can someone explain how "focus" works?

im seeing alot of talk of it as it relates to arena, something to do with your last target that you arent currently targeting

cdyhybrid

im seeing alot of talk of it as it relates to arena, something to do with your last target that you arent currently targeting

You can set someone as your focus, and you can use that in your hotkeys/macros to allow you to easily come back to that target without clicking on it.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks

to add a little to the above:
it adds a static target to the top of your screen or wherever your customized UI wants to put it.

when you build a "target focus" macro and you click that macro it will automatically operate against your focus without having to change targets

cdyhybrid

I miss this during Legion's panel :O

Sargeras can destroy a whole planet with a swing of his sword. How the hell we ever going to fight him is beyond me.

We're not going to fight him.

We're going to find out that The Burning Legion knows about the true evil in the universe - the Old Gods - and we're going to team up with the Legion to fight all the freshly-resurrected Old Gods.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
Where can I read about this?

The main significance of the broken isles themselves is the fact it was the tomb of sargeras. Other than that there was little of note.

It's like going to northrend and not fighting the lich king. thats the only point of the continent before now.

ZenaxPure

Also considering the Tomb is not on the list of dungeons or raids that will be in the game at launch it's probably a safe bet it will be the final legion raid.

Kangi

Expecting a N'Zoth appearance, at the very least. After all, the Emerald Nightmare is showing up; it'd make sense to go after the source.

Plus, it'd continue the "Old God every other expansion" trend. Classic - C'Thun, Wrath - Yogg-Saron, Mists - Y'Shaarj, Legion - N'Zoth. Which would leave going to Ny'alotha for the rumored fifth and final one...

ZenaxPure

Expecting a N'Zoth appearance, at the very least. After all, the Emerald Nightmare is showing up; it'd make sense to go after the source.

I'm not sure it will myself. Assuming they are sticking with the WoD model (which it seems they are) there will only be 2 raid tiers in Legion. Can't really see T20 being both old god and burning legion themed. But eh we haven't seen the story in Legion yet so we have no idea where it will go.

Zelias

Banned
N'Zoth will probably be referenced but I doubt we'll get much more than that. Blizzard have already said that Xavius is working with the Legion again.

N'Zoth is a big enough figure that he deserves his own expac. This was the guy signing Deathwing's checks, after all.

Robin64

Love that Blizzard say this of the three Tanaan factions:

Each of these factions has a major presence in Tanaan Jungle, with story questlines and daily quests that you can complete to build your reputation.

Still don't know why I killed endless numbers of Blackfangs. Story questlines indeed.

ZenaxPure

Still don't know why I killed endless numbers of Saberstalkers. Story questlines indeed.

That's a really fascinating comment considering none of the 3 factions have storyline quests associated with them as you move up their rep ranks. The daily quests themselves give a little story (the Order of the Awakened want to try and figure out how to cleanse the fel corruption from apexis crystals, the Saberstalkers want to show the cat men who the real king of the jungle is, and the Hand of the Prophet/Vol'jin Headhunters want to simply kill more orcs) but without any normal quests that setup goes no where.

Shahadan

Sometimes I feel weird when I see how people are talking to them on twitter or on forums, and how the blizzard person has to respond.

I feel we're almost to the point where we'll see "OMG give us flying you blizzard fat fuck I'll kill you" and they'll answer by "yes master, sorry, I'm so bad at what I'm doing please I'M NOT WORTHY"

I wish we lived in a world where they could tell some players to shut the fuck up, because being nice all the time apparently made some people feel free to be rude.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Sooooooon

I'm curious if they are going to at all attempt to roll back/recover from the "one legion exists across all timelines/universes" nonsense because it straight up doesn't work at all given the current lore/history of the Legion's interaction with the world. I am generally very forgiving of Blizzard lore stuff, I am never really bothered by any specific story choices they make, but this one is just so god damn stupid and clearly doesn't make sense.

There are so many examples of it just falling apart under the slightest bit of scrutiny. So, something becomes a demon, what happens to the infinite other versions of that individual across every other universe? Do they cease to be? Is there a universe out there where Archimonde is a champion of the naaru? If there is only one Mannoroth, then how would he have time to do literally anything at all if he has to go to the Draenor of every single reality individually in order to corrupt the Orcs?

God fucking dammit Afrasiabi fix this shit.

Anoregon

Ugh. Or like, if there is only one Legion, how come when you use the legion communicator toy and see Archimonde talking to KJ, they are clearly acting as if they finally found Velen and co, and that Draenor is the only Draenor they are aware of and have not, in fact, already blown one up to make Outland?

It's so dumbbbbbbb

Robin64

"Sorry, infinite other mortal Archimondes looking to turn into an evil demon, we already have one. Better luck next time."

Interfectum

WoD was the absolute worst thing they could have done to Warcraft lore. It was already a convoluted mess before they tossed in alternate dimensions + time travel.

It feels like Metzen had this Orc story in his head and he'd do anything to the WoW lore to make it work. I remember him even trying to explain the story on stage at the reveal and it felt messy even then.

Anoregon

WoD was the absolute worst thing they could have done to WoW lore. It was already a convoluted mess before they tossed in alternate dimensions + time travel.

It feels like Metzen had this Orc story in his head and he'd do anything to the WoW lore to make it work. I remember him even trying to explain the story on stage at the reveal and it felt messy even then.

I was actually fine with the WoD story at the outset, the "alternate world from 30 years ago connected to modern azeroth because bronze dragons" thing isn't significantly sillier than Warcraft lore as a whole, but the Legion nonsense just fucks everything up completely.

The only other bullshit lore decision I can remember bothering me at all is the Arthas "lol i ate nerzhul in my dreams now im in charge" nonsense.

WoD was the absolute worst thing they could have done to WoW lore. It was already a convoluted mess before they tossed in alternate dimensions + time travel.

It's because the lore BEFORE Warcraft 3 is really fucking good. Like really good. Remember the drawings and the summaries in the WC1/2 instruction manuals? After 3 is where shit gets insane and WoW is just bringing that part of the story to life. This was really the only way for them to get in that old school feeling of WC. I actually wish they went even more so in that direction than WoD did.

ZenaxPure

God fucking dammit Afrasiabi fix this shit.

I think it's a pretty easy fix if they want. Unfortunately I don't think blizzard will dig deep enough to take a solution like this, but for the sake of explanation hear me out for a sec. A lot of the Thrall book that came out during Cata takes place in the Caverns of Time. In it there is a section explaining how Aman'Thul (Titan leader) gave Nozdormu his power over time. When he does so he tells the dragon that there is only 1 real timeline but there are forces out there (old gods/infinite flight) that would like to try and change that. A lot of the book has Thrall dealing with alternate timeline shenanigans (namely a version of Blackmoore who was not a coward/drunk and incredibly powerful stalking Thrall through time). After traveling through various points in history dealing with events that did not happen and having a nice long talk with Nozdormu Thrall comes to realize that none of the alternate timelines he entered were real but instead it was just the infinite dragonflight being assholes as usual.

Anyway, point being they could easily hand wave a lot of things away if they simply stuck with that lore. There isn't a timeline out there where Archimonde is a champion of the Naaru simply because that didn't happen in the one real timeline. If there was an alternate universe where that did happen it would be a direct result of the infinite dragonflight messing with shit again. Warlords fits into this mold very nicely thanks to the fact that Kairoz betrayed the bronze to become an infinite which lead to him creating the alternate universe WoD takes place in.

Seems simple enough to me (relatively speaking of course, time travel is always going to be convoluted as fuck without rigid rules the fiction sticks with without wavering). Obviously Blizzard never took any of that into consideration when they created WoD, but, it would fix a lot of problems they created with some tweets.

Interfectum

It's because the lore BEFORE Warcraft 3 is really fucking good. Like really good. Remember the drawings and the summaries in the WC1/2 instruction manuals? After 3 is where shit gets insane and WoW is just bringing that part of the story to life. This was really the only way for them to get in that old school feeling of WC. I actually wish they went even more so in that direction than WoD did.

I'd rather Blizzard go back to WC2 style storytelling without resorting to alternate dimensions and time travel. Just, you know, write a good story.

Ostinatto

guys i think im stupid, i need to a macro with these two items, i dont know how to do it

/use Mecha-Blast Rocket
/use Draenic Agility Potion

doesn't work. please help.

Diodiablo

Banned
The point is, if there is one legion, there must be only one real timeline, as the Titans told Nozdormu, because else the Legion should turn its attention to all the possible realities. Despite what Machazzar said (all realities, all dimensions are open to me) it makes little sense a Kiljaeden that appears to infinite Nez'ruls (or even worse, to a different orc every time) to organize the destruction of the Dranei. A scapegoat could be that while the legion is able to move across different worlds (or timelines), they cannot access them directly unless something specific happens that causes these worlds to diverge from the original timeline, so the Legion actions are always the same, but they can move back in time or in the future when somethings disturbs the timeline.

The actions of Garrosh and Kairos have generated a massive diversion from the original timeline and this has allowed the legion to send their agents en masse from the future, something that they would (or could, as it was only the titan Aman'Thul to have power over time and gave it to Nozdormu to prevent the generation of alternate timelines) not do if the timeline would have stayed the same.

Damn I hate time travel.

Robin64

It'd be nice if when we returned to Azeroth, someone says "Will we ever be able to visit our new Draenor friends again?" and Khadgar can say something along the lines of "I'm afraid not, the moment we stepped back through the portal, that reality ceased to exist."

Muddimar

So I just booted my account back up (from WoLK). I'm currently trying to relearn everything, take in all of the new stuff, as a lv 80 warrior (fury spec). Is there a best way to level from 80 - 90? 90 - 100?

I checked out the adventuring guide and it lead me to the water world, I've been hammering out the quests there but it seems sort of slow. I've also noticed that EVERYTHING has changed drastically from when I played last. I looked up a spec online and have been following that, my rotations feel kind of wonky at the moment. I still feel very lost in the sea of all these changes. It's almost overwhelming to even play right now.

Any other things I should know? Should I save my 90 boost for a class I haven't leveled yet? Should I use my boost on my main?

(Yosu - Bloodhoof)

So I just booted my account back up (from WoLK). I'm currently trying to relearn everything, take in all of the new stuff, as a lv 80 warrior (fury spec). Is there a best way to level from 80 - 90? 90 - 100?

I checked out the adventuring guide and it lead me to the water world, I've been hammering out the quests there but it seems sort of slow. I've also noticed that EVERYTHING has changed drastically from when I played last. I looked up a spec online and have been following that, my rotations feel kind of wonky at the moment. I still feel very lost in the sea of all these changes. It's almost overwhelming to even play right now.

Any other things I should know? Should I save my 90 boost for a class I haven't leveled yet? Should I use my boost on my main?

(Yosu - Bloodhoof)

Don't waste your boost on 10 levels. Keep it for a while until you actually know what you're doing again. The game/talents are totally different than wotlk. You can throw most of your prior knowledge out. Read some guides if you have the time on how talents/spell scaling works now. 80-90 is fast but get some heirlooms to make it even faster. You should just do dungeons until 85 and then you can go crazy with Pandaria quests/dungeons since they're much better designed than the Cata zones/questing. Fuck Cata.

Muddimar

Don't waste your boost on 10 levels. Keep it for a while until you actually know what you're doing again. The game/talents are totally different than wotlk. You can throw most of your prior knowledge out. Read some guides if you have the time on how talents/spell scaling works now. 80-90 is fast but get some heirlooms to make it even faster. You should just do dungeons until 85 and then you can go crazy with Pandaria quests/dungeons since they're much better designed than the Cata zones/questing. Fuck Cata.

Thanks I'll keep that in mind. Any dungeons I should run in particular? How do I go about getting these heirloom items?

Top Bottom