• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT7| Feel the hatred of 10,000 Murlocs

Thanks I'll keep that in mind. Any dungeons I should run in particular? How do I go about getting these heirloom items?

Go to the dungeon finder. You can queue for specific dungeons if you want but just to the random for the exp bonus+free blue. Open your mount tab. All mounts/heirlooms/pets/toys are there now. Heirlooms can be bought with gold in Org/IF, or with honor, or at the darkmoon faire, or through the guild, and I'm sure 900 other places. You'll have to upgrade them to go up to level 90 though. At level 90 you don't really need heirlooms anymore plus there's a garrison exp pot.

CassSept

The only other bullshit lore decision I can remember bothering me at all is the Arthas "lol i ate nerzhul in my dreams now im in charge" nonsense.

No no no I'm sorry but nothing, NOTHING is worse than Hour of Twilight. Hour of Twilight is straight up idiotic.

Hour of Twilight ends with dragon aspects losing their power because their goal had been fulfilled.

So titans gave aspects power to stop Hour of Twilight when it comes.

Which was carried out by Deathwing. Who was powerful and had dominion over earth because he was an aspect. These powers granted to him by the titans.

WELL GEE WHIZ TITANS GREAT JOB

Goddammit Cata ending is just the worst I hate it so much

Shahadan

I guess the idea was rather that their goal of protecting azeroth was over since mortals have proven they can do it themselves. They say something like that. It's just handled terribly like the rest

Cata was à worse mess than Wod

Robin64

Funny someone saying the Cata is the worst ending when we now had the WoD ending. (Actually I can't rank them, they're both crap)

And yeah, good job, making the Aspects mortal just a year or so before the biggest Legion invasion ever. Planning isn't one of the Titans strong points.

Funny someone saying the Cata is the worst ending when we now had the WoD ending.

And yeah, good job, making the Aspects mortal just a year or so before the biggest Legion invasion ever. Planning isn't one of the Titans strong points.

WoD shits all over Cata but 'lore' at this point is like the absolute least important thing to me when I play this game. I haven't read anything an npc has said since like TBC. Cutscenes get skipped, etc. I'm here for the gameplay.

Robin64

WoD shits all over Cata but 'lore' at this point is like the absolute least important thing to me when I play this game. I haven't read anything an npc has said since like TBC. Cutscenes get skipped, etc. I'm here for the gameplay.

That's a shame. Sometimes there are little gems sprinkled here and there, tiny vignettes, that are nice. First one that springs to mind is finding a frozen orc woman in Frostfire, she waited for her love that never came and you do find him, dead to the south. Makes me tear up, that one.

ZenaxPure

Planning isn't one of the Titans strong points.

Well to be fair Titan protocol was to reboot the whole world but we broke their program that was going to do that. Had we not every living thing on the planet would have been killed and restarted. Not entirely their fault.

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!
Funny someone saying the Cata is the worst ending when we now had the WoD ending. (Actually I can't rank them, they're both crap)

Yep, Titans don't know a thing. Sargeras was right all along.
#TeamSargeras

Im sorry you feel that way.

Why? I've been playing this game since day one. Still playing it. A decade of amazing gaming.

I went to FF14 earlier this year and skipped EVERYTHING in that game to get to end game. The gaf guild there freaked out. Like this is a "story mmo!" and "omg da story!!"
That's fine, but for someone like me I've been playing mmos and muds since the early 90's. I'm on two decades of this genre. I've seen it all, but I've also just grown at this point. I can reminisce on when I was a teen reading about Lothar and smile, but as an older gamer now that aspect just doesn't appeal to me anymore.

I love the mechanics of these games, the constant changing, the dance your fingers do. I take months/years off from these games but when I come back my fingers just immediately know what to do. It's like I will never forget how to play this instrument. I stopped FF14 this month after ~8 months of it to come back for a bit of WoW, but when I go back to 14 it'll be the exact same. Adapting to the changes, but letting that natural mmo instinct take over.

I simply get joy out of a different part of the game at this point, where in 2004 I was into the world and the npcs and the quests and seeing the end of whatever storyline.

I read every quest. I read them out loud. I walk when NPC's walk. I do emotes.

I live in this game.

Ok I've never gone this far. >.>

Shahadan

FF14's story is actually dull.

Wow can do great things both in quests and cutscenes. It's not a matter of "reading about Lothar and smile" (who does that btw) it's just good narrative with good moments, the universe it takes place in is irrelevant. Wrath had good ones, MoP and WoD as well.
Special mention to MoP's lore and WoD's cutscenes (well save the last one who's probably made by the same intern who did cata's end cutscene and final patch trailer)

RPGCrazied

Any ideas on what the transmog overhaul could be? You know what would be cool? If it was Account wide, this wardobe thing. Any weapon/armor you loot you can register it. That way you can get transmogs for all your characters just on your main.

FF14's story is actually dull.

Wow can do great things both in quests and cutscenes. It's not a matter of "reading about Lothar and smile" (who does that btw) it's just good narrative with good moments, the universe it takes place in is irrelevant. Wrath had good ones, MoP and WoD as well.
Special mention to MoP's lore and WoD's cutscenes (well save the last one who's probably made by the same intern who did cata's end cutscene and final patch trailer)

I said, I can reminisce about when I was 20 years younger, reading a piece of lore from a wacraft 2 scene or manual, and think fondly back on that memory of when lore mattered to me.

Wow's narrative is just as garbage as ff14's is.

strafer

Any ideas on what the transmog overhaul could be? You know what would be cool? If it was Account wide, this wardobe thing. Any weapon/armor you loot you can register it. That way you can get transmogs for all your characters just on your main.

I hope it's similar to Diablo 3

Robin64

Yeah, probably just the Diablo 3 system like for like.

d3transmog.jpg

RPGCrazied

You pick up an item and it gets added to the Transmog window.

You go there. Drag the item you wanna transmog and choose the transmog and click transmog.

Pretty simple stuff.

Does it work for all characters? Like if you get a demon hunter weapon on your Wizard. Can your demon hunter use the transmog?

Shahadan

I'm not oblivious to what's going on in the game. But knocking one game's fantasy nonsense and praising another's is laughable. It's all dragons and time travel and the dead coming back to life in the end.

I'm not talking about lore dragon or time travel or even specific known characters. But hey, whatever, you're great.

ZenaxPure

I read every quest. I read them out loud. I walk when NPC's walk. I do emotes.

I live in this game.

Speaking of reading quests and stuff I feel like I had a life changing experience with WoW the other day when I discovered the Storyline addon. I always read quest text but the UI for interacting with characters has always been pretty terrible (and it's amazing how it hasn't changed after 10 years). The addon changes it to something you'd be more familiar with if you've played nearly any other video game with text only dialogue. Obviously if you are the kind of person who just picks up a bunch of quests real fast without reading them it's just going to slow you down but that is certainly not how I quest so it's been an awesome experience. Looking forward to using it in Legion assuming the addon works properly in 7.0

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!
Speaking of reading quests and stuff I feel like I had a life changing experience with WoW the other day when I discovered the Storyline addon. I always read quest text but the UI for interacting with characters has always been pretty terrible (and it's amazing how it hasn't changed after 10 years). The addon changes it to something you'd be more familiar with if you've played nearly any other video game with text only dialogue. Obviously if you are the kind of person who just picks up a bunch of quests real fast without reading them it's just going to slow you down but that is certainly not how I quest so it's been an awesome experience. Looking forward to using it in Legion assuming the addon works properly in 7.0

brb, installing.

-NeoTB1-

Whoa, that's really cool. Thanks for sharing!

ZenaxPure

Only thing I'll warn about the addon is that it seems pretty early in development. They haven't figured out a way to hide the normal NPC window yet for example. I just increased the size of the one they give you and placed it on top of it so I can't see it anymore.

But yeah, I've spent the past day just doing quests I never got around to for one reason or another and it's been really awesome interacting with NPCs like that. Wish something similar was an optional part of the default UI.

Zelias

Banned
That is what I want for WoW. I got a few things I have in my bank on one character I'd love to transmog on another character.
Same. Wonder how tier sets will be handled though? Maybe like the dungeon set/T3 replicas where any class can mog it.

That's actually pretty cool, and would be a vast improvement on the current UI.

Robin64

Couldn't beat Shannox in 25H, damn annoying dog just pins me down and finishes me off. Seems you need a pet or a DoT to be able to stop him doing that. I can bubble, once, but then he does it again shortly after and bubble is on CD.

Couldn't beat Shannox in 25H, damn annoying dog just pins me down and finishes me off. Seems you need a pet or a DoT to be able to stop him doing that. I can bubble, once, but then he does it again shortly after and bubble is on CD.

If you're in a tank spec he won't target you with that ability if you're having trouble. Otherwise yeah, pet or DoT, or focus him down quickly first.

Fjordson

Whoa. Will definitely install this whenever I resub. Thanks!

Aeana

I wish we'd known about the experience eliminator NPC earlier on. We've been leveling so fast that we've had to cut out several instance runs just to be able to complete even some of the regular PvE content. Went from 80-85 and didn't even manage to finish Vashj'ir, still a couple of quests left at the tail end. Someone told us about the experience eliminator though and that should help us experience some of the dungeons without feeling like we're going too fast. Just finished Jade Forest and we're already halfway through 87. (._. )

Shahadan

I wish we'd known about the experience eliminator NPC earlier on. We've been leveling so fast that we've had to cut out several instance runs just to be able to complete even some of the regular PvE content. Went from 80-85 and didn't even manage to finish Vashj'ir, still a couple of quests left at the tail end. Someone told us about the experience eliminator though and that should help us experience some of the dungeons without feeling like we're going too fast. Just finished Jade Forest and we're already halfway through 87. (._. )

That's sad to hear, especially since the end of vashjir is the good part of the zone ;(
There aren't many leveling dungeons in Pandaria (although they added two later that were 90 only at first) so unless you want to see the various questlines, I don't think now is the time to use that NPC.

Zelias

Banned
Yeah, Cata and MoP levelling is crazy fast these days. It's a bit unfortunate if you want to experience the content at-level. Locking your XP is one solution but it'd be cool if there was a system that could scale your level down to be appropriate, and give you a chance for quest/enemy loot to upgrade (like how WoD sometimes does) to be relevant to your level. Sorta like GW2.

You can also just turn on low level quest markers and at least keep working your way through zones you've out-leveled, that doesn't help with the dungeons though. I wish if you didn't use heirlooms or spam dungeon queue that the leveling made sense and you couldn't outpace the zone you're in. I understand that most players seem to view the older content as an obstacle so that's kind of why it is the way it is.

I've been going for Loremaster for the Burning Crusade content with a Belf fire mage and outpaced all of the BC content by the time I got to the Zangara Marsh.

erawsd

Timewalking Dungeons are so friggin lame. I just started back playing and I was looking forward to them but they've been reduced to an AE snorefest. So disappointing.

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!
Yeah leveling is really fast right now, specially if you are using heirlooms. I leveled up my Hunter from 85-90 in about 4-5 hours while questing in JF and Townlong.

Aeana

Had a pretty good time just now. We went into End Time as level 87s and everyone left after the first part, so we decided to duo well of eternity and the part after that. Some pretty close shaves, but really fun.

Addon looks great, created recently too.

MonkeyNuts

Neo Member
Honestly they should just make the xp eliminator a toggle on your UI at this point. Make it obvious when it is enabled, maybe even a buff on your character. That way you could easily turn it on when you feel like doing some dungeons without screwing over your questing progression.

CassSept

And to think Well of Eternity was supposed to be a raid....sigh

Oh christ, that's another horrific insult of 4.3 that I managed to forget (probably exactly because it was downgraded to an instance). Well of Eternity, a lake of immeasurable energy, a terrifying force that gave races of Azeroth sentience and destruction of which teared the ancient continent of Kalimdor asunder, sunk the cultural heritage of night elves and the glorious city of Azshara stretching at it's coasts and left permanent mark on the world with the fearsome Maelstrom, forever churning.

It's a small pond, barely wider than a large swimming pool. Zin Azshari truly most have been a sight to behold /s

Fjordson

Man I love Vashj'ir so much. All of the Cata zones are pretty fun to play through imo.

Top Bottom