• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT7| Feel the hatred of 10,000 Murlocs

EmiPrime

Some people even pay for a faction change so they can get 2 of a certain ring for their level 19 twink. The heirloom rings should put an end to such silliness.

To "pwn noobs" I guess. It's basically griefing in those brackets
No. You are matched with Level Locked Players too. You can't be matched in BGs with levelling characters if you lock your Level.

Twinking is fun because it's like Pokemon's Little Cup. Its like trying to maximize the capability of low level Character and limited spells. But the introduction of heirloom somewhat reduces the other appeal of creating twinks(hunting for low level BIS Gear).

Low level quees for twinks are fast too since there are also players who creates twinks from Free to Play Accounts.

JSoup

Banned
I wonder if they'll fix the glaive issue I just noticed on the Warglaives. If you have them in the wrong slots, they'll display with the handles out when unsheathed. Put them in the right slots, and it shows the handles out when on your back.

ampere

No. You are matched with Level Locked Players too. You can't be matched in BGs with levelling characters if you lock your Level.

Twinking is fun because it's like Pokemon's Little Cup. Its like trying to maximize the capability of low level Character and limited spells. But the introduction of heirloom somewhat reduces the other appeal of creating twinks(hunting for low level BIS Gear).

Low level quees for twinks are fast too since there are also players who creates twinks from Free to Play Accounts.

You can get around that, unless it's been fixed. Queue up, queue pops, lock level, accept queue

Kangi

Still have two old twinks on my account - a 19 Rogue and a 39 Druid.

The 19 Rogue is especially great - Engineering for those incapacitating bombs and Leatherworking for those armor kits all over his gear. Engineering goggles, Thistle Tea, Fiery Weapon enchant... all for naught now, of course.

Strategically coined tonight and got a heroic Empty Drinking Horn. Boosts damage by so, so much. Now I just need a cleave trinket and tier and I'll be destroying.

Zelias

Banned
MYTHIC ARCHIMONDE DOWN finally 13/13m :D
Grats! I'll be happy if i get him down on Normal before next expac haha.

As for Cata zones, Deepholm is easily my favourite. Such an alien, cool-looking zone with a surprising amount of variance for a big underground cavern. It's a shame we never got actual zones for Skywall and whatever the water elemental plane is called, would have liked to explore those outside of dungeons.

Uldum would be good if it focused more on the Tol'vir and less on being Harrison Jones's sidekick. As it is it's a disappointment. Twilight Highlands doesn't even feel like a final zone and has no sense of forboding.

Hyjal is alright and pretty in places. #TeamVashj'ir forever though.

One thing I want out of Legion, and this is a stupid small thing, is to be able to have the appearance and benefit(s) of my fishing rod without having to manually equip it.

Going back and playing some characters I've had at 90 since last expac, I don't get the rogue hate people have. I'm having fun playing assassination. I think I'll retire my DK for now, I find ret & my rogue more fun. Doesn't help the human dual wield animations are awful.

ZenaxPure

Going back and playing some characters I've had at 90 since last expac, I don't get the rogue hate people have. I'm having fun playing assassination.

Yeah assassination is still my favorite spec in the game, haters gonna hate, doesn't really bother me to be honest. Envenom is a just a really satisfying skill, especially on enemies that require low movement where you can get like 75ish percent uptime on it. Only real problem we have right now is how terrible our AOE is. At its core the spec is a DoT spec but they didn't bother giving us a good way to spread our DoTs in AOE situations like other DoT specs. AOE part of the spec really needs a complete design overhaul.

Nere

Did anyone noticed that on horde map of frostfire ridge it says Garnison instead of Garrison?:D How come they haven't fixed it for so long?

Shahadan

Did anyone noticed that on horde map of frostfire ridge it says Garnison instead of Garrison?:D How come they haven't fixed it for so long?

Probably for the same reason most of the draenor maps in the game (on walls I mean) still have farahlon. They don't care that much

Magnus

Resubbed with 27k gold. Feels good mang. I like the idea that I'm playing for a bit each month to pay for the game and the rest is gravy. No more money spent. (That's all going to hearthstone. Lol)

Fuck is this ever overwhelming to come back to. My main's bags are crammed with garrison and prof stuff and I can't remember what the fuck is happening or where I left off in January.

I'm seriously thinking I'll just jump on a less conplicated lower level alt or even a brand new character and ease myself back into the game.

Btw, any takers for a Warlords standard digital key, discounted from MSRP? I got it refunded by blizzard after buying a physical CE recently. Comes with the 90 boost and all.

Alternatively, I'd happily consider selling it for the gold equivalent to help pay for a couple months' subs!

--

What are people's thoughts on which kinds of realms to play on these, specifically regarding population? I moved from Alliance-PVE-lowpop where my old guild was to Horde-PVP-highpop to enjoy Pandaria and Draenor with a fresh coat of paint. I've dug being a Blood Elf the most, and seeing things from the Horde perspective (very cool garrisons compared to the alliance ones, etc.), but man, despite enjoying how busy and lively the realm is compared to my old Alliance realm, it sucks being unable to play with my old friends, especially around expansion launches. Many came back from Warlords and I wasn't able to run dungeons with them, etc. I do miss that.

Torn now about whether I want to transfer back. $55 is a fucking tough pill to swallow - I really wish Blizzard offered a reduced price for combo faction/server transfers or something.

Peachpies

What are the eventual rewards for doing the ship yard missions?

I kinda want to just skip that entire thing.
You need to do some for the legendary ring, you get a chest with a raid item in it every 2 weeks, and there are some other rare ship missions with stuff like Heirloom rings and a pet.

RPGCrazied

Man, I really hope that new transmog thing is account wide. I'm getting so much cool stuff on my hunter the last couple of days from Naxx, Icecrown and Firelands. I only tried 25m normal in Firelands and did it.

Only had issues with two bosses. The spider boss first is annoying when it pulls you above his webbing, I lose my pet then. Managed to do it with a tiny bit of hp left.

And the rock golem, dpsing the legs and making him move over the volcanoes while trying to dodge lots of adds. Same thing here, got lucky. Everything else was really easy.

iirate

You need to do some for the legendary ring, you get a chest with a raid item in it every 2 weeks, and there are some other rare ship missions with stuff like Heirloom rings and a pet.

I've kept up with my shipyard since the 6.2 launch, and I still haven't seen any of the heirloom rings or the void trinket. =(

Man, I really hope that new transmog thing is account wide. I'm getting so much cool stuff on my hunter the last couple of days from Naxx, Icecrown and Firelands. I only tried 25m normal in Firelands and did it.

Only had issues with two bosses. The spider boss first is annoying when it pulls you above his webbing, I lose my pet then. Managed to do it with a tiny bit of hp left.

And the rock golem, dpsing the legs and making him move over the volcanoes while trying to dodge lots of adds. Same thing here, got lucky. Everything else was really easy.

Me too. I'll probably go crazy w/BoEs too if that happens. Also, they really should get rid of level reqs on at least the purely cosmetic items.

Robin64

Void Trinket does, but the BoA rings all require you to be able to see Cursed Crews.

Worth noting that it's a 100% drop now from Captain Ironbeard in Tanaan.

iirate

Void Trinket does, but the BoA rings all require you to be able to see Cursed Crews.

Worth noting that it's a 100% drop now from Captain Ironbeard in Tanaan.

Well, I went and did it minutes after I replied to you. XD

Do I need to actually equip a spyglass, or is having the blueprint enough?

Flight with Draenor Pathfinding is being added in 6.2.2! Probably old news but I now have some motivation to play through Tanaan despite not wanting to invest much more time or energy into my warrior.

Man I will say, the new honor 1h sword looks sick.

But how come the new honor gear is better than the old conquest gear? Now you have to honor grind all that shit again?

Not cool, and they wonder why everyone leaves...

Magnus

What's the current FOTM class/spec that makes you feel like a god in PVE and which one for PVP? After all these years I'm finally in a spot where I have almost all classes at higher levels and I just want to return to the game now and wreck shit instead of always feeling like I'm playing one of the marginalized roles or classes.

What's the current FOTM class/spec that makes you feel like a god in PVE and which one for PVP? After all these years I'm finally in a spot where I have almost all classes at higher levels and I just want to return to the game now and wreck shit instead of always feeling like I'm playing one of the marginalized roles or classes.

Locks are insane in pvp and pretty good in pve.

Mages are good in both.

Warriors and rogues as well if you want to be melee.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Locks are insane in pvp and pretty good in pve.

Mages are good in both.

Warriors and rogues as well if you want to be melee.

I main a lock and don't understand this. Do you have any information on how not to suck ass in PvP?

JSoup

Banned
I main a lock and don't understand this. Do you have any information on how not to suck ass in PvP?

Suck until you have honor gear.
Then suck some more until you have conquest gear.
Then go back to step one and use your gear to force everyone else to go through what you just did.

Jag

For soloing content you can't beat a hunter. BM pets are basically unkillable in pve.

water_wendi

Water is not wet!
Speaking of reading quests and stuff I feel like I had a life changing experience with WoW the other day when I discovered the Storyline addon. I always read quest text but the UI for interacting with characters has always been pretty terrible (and it's amazing how it hasn't changed after 10 years). The addon changes it to something you'd be more familiar with if you've played nearly any other video game with text only dialogue. Obviously if you are the kind of person who just picks up a bunch of quests real fast without reading them it's just going to slow you down but that is certainly not how I quest so it's been an awesome experience. Looking forward to using it in Legion assuming the addon works properly in 7.0

This addon got me to reinstall the game. Shame you cant close or even hide the regular quest window. After moving it squarely behind Storytime its all good though.

Ashodin

Storytime is sooooooooo good. They are working on hiding the Quest UI so you can just situate it in the middle of your screen.

RPGCrazied

Man, assault on the pitt can f the right off solo. Died so many times, at least I got it finished. Only doing it for the achievement for flying.

ZenaxPure

This addon got me to reinstall the game. Shame you cant close or even hide the regular quest window. After moving it squarely behind Storytime its all good though.

Yeah I've been playing more than usual lately just because the addon lol. Been great going through old quests I haven't finished yet with a way better UI.

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!
Man, assault on the pitt can f the right off solo. Died so many times, at least I got it finished. Only doing it for the achievement for flying.

I did that just now lol. There is a spot where you can farm those low health mobs without elites patrolling. They give about 0.5% but respawn pretty fast, took me about 20 minutes.

Milennia

For this instance its DPS dk for a couple of reasons, not sure about pvp.
If you just want pure damage I would say hunter.

I'm really enjoying Restoration Shaman in the low level dungeons. The queue times are nice, usually only 2-3 minutes, it's the same with BG's (although I always got into those relatively quickly even as a dps). Looking forward to getting to WoD and seeing how those queue times scale. If I can actually gear up in WoD LFD then I could finally try my hand at raiding.

Aeana

Speaking of reading quests and stuff I feel like I had a life changing experience with WoW the other day when I discovered the Storyline addon. I always read quest text but the UI for interacting with characters has always been pretty terrible (and it's amazing how it hasn't changed after 10 years). The addon changes it to something you'd be more familiar with if you've played nearly any other video game with text only dialogue. Obviously if you are the kind of person who just picks up a bunch of quests real fast without reading them it's just going to slow you down but that is certainly not how I quest so it's been an awesome experience. Looking forward to using it in Legion assuming the addon works properly in 7.0

I wish I knew about this before all of the questing I've been doing. At least I'll have it for WoD quests.

Top Bottom