• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT7| Feel the hatred of 10,000 Murlocs

ampere

I really have to wonder if the devs want to ditch all racials, but there is pressure from management to keep them since people race change over them.

Honestly curious

Ryan_MSF

Figured as I just resubbed after taking a rather long extended break from the game (a couple of weeks after WoD launch) I'd come and say hey!

cdyhybrid

I think one the first things I'm going to do after hitting 100 on my Warlock is camp the Isle of Thunder for the green fire quest item. Makes the spells look so much better, especially if you're playing Destro.

ZenaxPure

What is this mod, what does it do? I tried to install it but it didn't work...

Just gives you a new window for interacting with NPCs that more closely resembles many other RPGs (one character on each side of the screen with a speech bubble that displays text at a more natural pace as if they are actually talking + the character models are fully animated.) Basically it makes the NPC experience a lot better from a story-perspective if you are into that kind of thing (which seems like a lot of people are.) Not really recommended if you want to blaze through NPC text as it is slower as it tries to be more immersive.

As for installing it it's just an addon, you install it like any other addon.

Oh also I assume most people know (but in case someone doesn't, like me before today) those champion token things that give 1k conquest/honor are totally BoE. Can buy them on the AH and build up conquest fairly fast. I bought 5 of them for ~10k gold a piece (few were only 9k) and bought some conquest gear to replace the heroic BRF pieces I still had. It's not really that game breaking or anything since it's only ilvl 700 (5 levels above the Empowered Tanaan gear) but it's nice if you want to replace a certain piece of gear asap or have gold to spare.

lazygecko

If they'd take it as far as considering giving humans a unique PvP talent just to keep their stupid racial, Blizzard must have some serious Stockholm syndrome over it.

Ark

Speaking of reading quests and stuff I feel like I had a life changing experience with WoW the other day when I discovered the Storyline addon. I always read quest text but the UI for interacting with characters has always been pretty terrible (and it's amazing how it hasn't changed after 10 years). The addon changes it to something you'd be more familiar with if you've played nearly any other video game with text only dialogue. Obviously if you are the kind of person who just picks up a bunch of quests real fast without reading them it's just going to slow you down but that is certainly not how I quest so it's been an awesome experience. Looking forward to using it in Legion assuming the addon works properly in 7.0

I've just installed this now. Going to give it a whirl today. Thanks a lot for sharing this, it looks awesome :)

Shahadan

Storyline add-on made me reroll again ;(

Also I need some Legion music. What we heard at the announcement pleased me greatly. The wait for the login music begins.
I thought we got some music bits shortly after WoD's announcement but maybe I'm mistaken.

ampere

Figured as I just resubbed after taking a rather long extended break from the game (a couple of weeks after WoD launch) I'd come and say hey!

Hey, what class do you play? There's stuff to do if you haven't played since WoD launch, but unfortunately not the quantity you'd expect for a whole expac. Flying should be coming soon at least

WoWGAF this is going to sound really stupid, but I think I've ran into a bugged quest.

I recently boosted my Paladin to level 90 and I'm doing a quest that involves giving weapons to ten slaves in this citadel with all these giant ogres running around. It's called Armed and Dangerous.

I could only find nine. The tenth one just won't show up. I've searched throughout the entire designated area for almost two hours now and I've killed so many of these ogres I've filled up three bars of XP while looking for the last one.

Can anyone help me with this?

phierce

You leveled 3 times in 2 hours off those ogres? Damn!

I know the quest, but never had it bug on me in the 5 or so times I've done it...sorry don't know what to tell ya

You leveled 3 times in 2 hours off those ogres? Damn!

I know the quest, but never had it bug on me in the 5 or so times I've done it...sorry don't know what to tell ya

Nononono. What I meant to say was I filled 3 BARS out of the whole XP bar while fighting them (as in only the little ones, not the whole thing). Lol.

But yeah, I can't for the life of me find the last one.

ampere

WoWGAF this is going to sound really stupid, but I think I've ran into a bugged quest.

I recently boosted my Paladin to level 90 and I'm doing a quest that involves giving weapons to ten slaves in this citadel with all these giant ogres running around. It's called Armed and Dangerous.

I could only find nine. The tenth one just won't show up. I've searched throughout the entire designated area for almost two hours now and I've killed so many of these ogres I've filled up three bars of XP while looking for the last one.

Can anyone help me with this?

Try looking up the quest on Wowhead. http://www.wowhead.com/

Perhaps there are some tips about the location

So I got two-piece tonight and I had to run sims to make sure it was worth it since the second piece I got is the off piece (gloves) with terrible stats. But sims/askmrrobot say it's about a 1500 DPS gain, so I guess it's fine, even with the gloves being 5 iLvls lower than the (normal BiS) ones I had. Need the gloves for Unholy anyway, so they won't go to complete waste either way.

Being a healer is actually a lot more fun than I thought it would be. I am glad I went Restoration Shaman because some monk and druid tanks are almost too mobile and too fast. If it wasn't for the spirit wolf form I wouldn't be able to keep up. Leveling up is only challenging when the tanks pull absolutely huge mob trains but even then there's only been one or two instance where I almost couldn't keep up with the damage every one was taking.

The queue times for dungeons and battle grounds are really nice, although the battleground thing has more to do with being Horde than a healer I imagine. Definitely want to try out the other healing classes once I get this Resto Shaman to the level cap.

iirate

Being a healer is actually a lot more fun than I thought it would be. I am glad I went Restoration Shaman because some monk and druid tanks are almost too mobile and too fast. If it wasn't for the spirit wolf form I wouldn't be able to keep up. Leveling up is only challenging when the tanks pull absolutely huge mob trains but even then there's only been one or two instance where I almost couldn't keep up with the damage every one was taking.

The queue times for dungeons and battle grounds are really nice, although the battleground thing has more to do with being Horde than a healer I imagine. Definitely want to try out the other healing classes once I get this Resto Shaman to the level cap.

I started WoW 10 years ago without a lot of MMO experience, but no real interest in healing. When I hit 60 on my first character(a shaman), I was expected to heal, and was instantly hooked.

I play dps these days more than I used to(I exclusively healed until WoD), but there's nothing in the game more fun than saving the day(or a really, really bad pull) as a healer.

Jag

I've ignored PvP for most of WoD, but with my new 100 I decided to give it a shot and the gear was falling like rain between BGs and Asharan. Last time I pvpd for gear it had all that pvp stat stuff on it.

My question is how does the PvP gear compare to its PvE ilevel equivalent. Is 670 (non BG raised) pvp gear = 670 pve gear? I'd like to start tanking, but don't want to be that idiot using the wrong gear.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I've ignored PvP for most of WoD, but with my new 100 I decided to give it a shot and the gear was falling like rain between BGs and Asharan. Last time I pvpd for gear it had all that pvp stat stuff on it.

My question is how does the PvP gear compare to its PvE ilevel equivalent. Is 670 (non BG raised) pvp gear = 670 pve gear? I'd like to start tanking, but don't want to be that idiot using the wrong gear.

The base item level of a PvP item is identical to a PvE item. 670 is 670 regardless of where it came from, they will have the same DPS and stat budget.

Khezu

I'm tempted to use my free 90 on my 87 mage.
Mostly to finally have max tailoring.

I haven't really liked being a mage since TBC, but I will always have a soft spot for frost, so I'll try again.

At least I hear I don't have to fuck with rune of power if I don't want to.

Thread has died. 😕

I haven't had much to talk about lately. And all the Legion info has been discussed.

Mostly just raiding, haven't had any new kills so no new news on that front.

Did my Ulduar runs this week but Mim's Head still eludes me. I have to wonder if I'll finish the legendary on my monk just from Yogg kills before I get the mount. At 9 shards as of this week. And I run it on 5 characters each week.

Ark

I'm still discovering this game. I'm currently trying to get the 25 treasure quest done so I can unlock carriers; finish the stable questline so I can get the mount; level my Warlock up from 91 to 100 and level tailoring/inscription on it.

Alllll whilst doing LFR and old raids in the week too. And Tanaan. Actually kinda having fun with WoD now.

EDIT: Actually the shipyard is kinda bullshit. Getting tired of losing ships now :l

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
Isn't it interesting how Illidan consumed the power from the skull of a, for all intents and purposes, regular Orc and became a demon/half-demon?

Like...Gul'Dan wasn't a demon when he died was he? He was just a pretty strong-ish warlock, who was more sneaky than powerful really. Doomhammer kept him in line, and he had no magical abilities at all.

Diodiablo

Banned
Isn't it interesting how Illidan consumed the power from the skull of a, for all intents and purposes, regular Orc and became a demon/half-demon?

Like...Gul'Dan wasn't a demon when he died was he? He was just a pretty strong-ish warlock, who was more sneaky than powerful really. Doomhammer kept him in line, and he had no magical abilities at all.

He was the most powerful mortal warlock in lore and had gained a lot of power by the direct tutelage of Kil'Jaeden. But mainly after its dead its skull was turned into a totem to channel demonic power by other warlocks. It wasn't actually needed for opening the dark portal, but still it could channel a lot of power.

RPGCrazied

Ulduar done, man, lots of cool staffs I got in there. This transmog thing in 7.0 better be account wide! I got like 10 achievements when I killed Yogg-Saron, lol.

Jag

we can always talk about how much we hate the shipyard

I really really hate the shipyard. 2 day missions? 500 resource items? Please, if I didn't need it for the stones, it could go to hell.

Until Legion I will be working on my alts and professions and Legendary. I also only have 3 100s now, so I have 7 more toons to level and mounts to farm.

Thank god for the Elixir of the Rapid Mind for alts. My only problem is I buy them low and I've been able to flip them high within a day so I never have any to use!

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I got 3 tomes last week after doing 3 wings of LFR so I think I am done with that.

JORMBO

Darkness no more
I got 3 tomes last week after doing 3 wings of LFR so I think I am done with that.

I'm at 19 now. Since I only do LFR I really don't want to go on, but I am so close. I will probably just skip the newest wing since it took 2 hours last week. I don't want to do that again.

Jag

Are the tomes the worst part? I almost dropped out of my chair when I saw I needed 900 stones. I'm actually at about 600, so probably 2-3 weeks from starting tomes. I won't even set foot in Hellfire because I know I will be so sick of that place soon.

Robin64

Yeah, I currently only do wings 1 and 2 because of bad experiences with the others. I mean, really, it took our groups SO DAMN LONG. Just wasn't worth it.

Still need 20 tomes though. Fuck..

Are the tomes the worst part? I almost dropped out of my chair when I saw I needed 900 stones. I'm actually at about 600, so probably 2-3 weeks from starting tomes.

Tomes are worse because they only come from the raid bosses, and at something like 30% drop chance. At least the other parts you can get extras from work orders, follower missions, and the shipyard.

Magnus

I want this so much. Winter Veil this year, maybe?

00RZ3M9VLI1Z1439405234980.jpg

I "started" the tomes part of the legendary about a month ago, but I just cannot find it in myself to do LFR anymore so I'm sitting on a grand total of 0.

I've even got the Draenic Sea Chart part of it done, but just the idea of of killing raid bosses for even more occasional drops after the Abrogator/Tablets crap just brings me out in a cold sweat.

Weebos

Banned
I "started" the tomes part of the legendary about a month ago, but I just cannot find it in myself to do LFR anymore so I'm sitting on a grand total of 0.

I've even got the Draenic Sea Chart part of it done, but just the idea of of killing raid bosses for even more occasional drops after the Abrogator/Tablets crap just brings me out in a cold sweat.

I'm on the tablets part myself, its been going okay, at least compared to the Stones. The garrison and shipyard missions help. I have like 325 tablets or whatever after a few weeks.

I still haven't run Hellfire because I'm saving it for the quest grind. I don't want to burn out on it.

Wish they kept the Pandaria idea of the older drops happening in newer dungeons.

Robin64

I'm not going to give up on the ring at this point, even though it's a drag. Too close.

Gave up on the cloak and now look, I can't get into the Ordos part of Timeless Isle still, which sucks because there are rares in there for achievements and not just Ordos.

Top Bottom