• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT7| Feel the hatred of 10,000 Murlocs

JORMBO

Darkness no more
I want this so much. Winter Veil this year, maybe?

00RZ3M9VLI1Z1439405234980.jpg

I used to ignore store mounts because they were never that appealing. Between this and the Runesaber Blizzard will have gotten me twice.

US servers back up, btw.

Magnus

Nope, it's a store mount.

Goddamn. Oh well. Might do it. I've been less averse to spending money for shit I really want in Blizz games lately.

I'm not going to give up on the ring at this point, even though it's a drag. Too close.

Gave up on the cloak and now look, I can't get into the Ordos part of Timeless Isle still, which sucks because there are rares in there for achievements and not just Ordos.

As someone who's only completed the 6.0 portion of the entire chain - is it still possible to do it all? Has an end date for obtaining the ring been set?

Also, is the Pandaria legendary cloak unattainable now? I forget.

Robin64

As someone who's only completed the 6.0 portion of the entire chain - is it still possible to do it all? Has an end date for obtaining the ring been set?

Also, is the Pandaria legendary cloak unattainable now? I forget.

It's possibly, yeah, just because how few patches WoD had. Like, you literally just have 6.1 to do and you're caught up to where everyone is. I imagine it will end when 7.0 hits.

And sadly not, the Pandaria cloak is not available anymore.

Magnus

It's possibly, yeah, just because how few patches WoD had. Like, you literally just have 6.1 to do and you're caught up to where everyone is. I imagine it will end when 7.0 hits.

And sadly not, the Pandaria cloak is not available anymore.

Gotcha. No issue for me, as I obtained it already on my main. Are alternate versions of the cloak still purchaseable (either on your cloak-bearing main or alts on the same account) if you have a cloak?

Any fury warriors that are experienced at raiding around?

Trying to figure out what works best for single target in the last tier. Icy-veins says siegebreaker but the simcraft profile uses Anger Management. I'm assuming the simcraft has perfect play and ideal situations, but I don't really care for siege breaker, it's weird to weave in the rotation between making sure you aren't raged capped, blood thirst is off cooldown and aren't wasting furious blow charges. I also have problems lining up stormbolt with blood bath so that may help a bit there. It also would help to line up recklessness and bloodbath during execute phase.

I don't have tier 18 4 piece yet either.

ampere

Trying to figure out what works best for single target in the last tier. Icy-veins says siegebreaker but the simcraft profile uses Anger Management. I'm assuming the simcraft has perfect play and ideal situations, but I don't really care for siege breaker, it's weird to weave in the rotation between making sure you aren't raged capped, blood thirst is off cooldown and aren't wasting furious blow charges. I also have problems lining up stormbolt with blood bath so that may help a bit there. It also would help to line up recklessness and bloodbath during execute phase.

It's going to depend on fight duration, most likely.

If taking Anger Management gives you an extra use of a major cooldown over Siegebreaker it might be better. I don't play a Fury Warrior, but fight duration is important for talent choices like that so I wanted to give that food for thought.

It's going to depend on fight duration, most likely.

If taking Anger Management gives you an extra use of a major cooldown over Siegebreaker it might be better. I don't play a Fury Warrior, but fight duration is important for talent choices like that so I wanted to give that food for thought.

Yeah that's true, it sounds similar to Avatar where if you can squeeze in the same amount as bloodbath it ends up being better. My warrior is the only character I have where I constantly switch talents, wonder if there's a mod that will auto do it for you.

cdyhybrid

I don't have tier 18 4 piece yet either.

Have you checked the stickied spec guide on the MMO-Champ Warrior forum? I feel like those are updated more often than the Icy Veins guides.

Have you checked the stickied spec guide on the MMO-Champ Warrior forum? I feel like those are updated more often than the Icy Veins guides.

neato, giving it a quick read, looks like it differs from IV. Recommends Anger Management as the default choice so I'm ditching siegebreaker, also says cleave trinket > fel horn for most stuff.

The best way to tell for sure is to sim your character though ;)

I'm actually not too far away from my sims. Sitting around 30k dps on single target fights (685), I still need some new trinkets & t18 set bonus (or even t17) (Using Tectus Heart and some crappy stat stick with versatility from Highmaul). I think I went up a few k from switching from Siege Breaker. Could squeeze a little more if I prepotted and potted during execute phase.

JSoup

Banned
Legendary ring get.
Why couldn't that effect buff you get when the ring is granted to you be the effect proc instead of...you know, nothing?

Jag

I'm not going to give up on the ring at this point, even though it's a drag. Too close.

Gave up on the cloak and now look, I can't get into the Ordos part of Timeless Isle still, which sucks because there are rares in there for achievements and not just Ordos.

Thought they got rid of the cloak requirement for the Ordos part.

EmiPrime

Gotcha. No issue for me, as I obtained it already on my main. Are alternate versions of the cloak still purchaseable (either on your cloak-bearing main or alts on the same account) if you have a cloak?

For the character(s) you got the cloak on the vendor in the tavern is still selling cloaks yes.

Couleurs

I only needed 3 HFC tomes to finish my ring, killed everything tonight except Archimonde and got...2 tomes total, which means this dumb ring has to wait another week since my raid group can't do Archimonde yet and he isn't available in LFR yet. Fuck tome RNG and fuck this unnecessary gating of LFR wings.

Ok rant over

Entropia

No One Remembers
I only needed 3 HFC tomes to finish my ring, killed everything tonight except Archimonde and got...2 tomes total, which means this dumb ring has to wait another week since my raid group can't do Archimonde yet and he isn't available in LFR yet. Fuck tome RNG and fuck this unnecessary gating of LFR wings.

Ok rant over

Pretty much same thing happened to me. Tonight I win in with needing 2 and got 2 in a row.

cdyhybrid

Ok rant over

Join a PUG for normal Archimonde?

Robin64

From IGN, summary by MMO-C:

Players were excited by interacting with heroes from the past in Legion.
Garrisons were a good idea, but didn't live up to their full potential.
By the time the team realized the problems with garrisons, they were halfway through the expansion and working on the next one.
The team doesn't think about subscriber numbers on a regular basis, as it doesn't help to make the game any better.
The team is aware of the Orc fatigue.
Sylvanas is back and going to play a huge role in this expansion.
Thrall will continue to evolve in Legion.
Creating new characters in the lore that weren't in older Warcraft games is challenging, but the team is getting better at it. Garrosh is a good example of a new character that worked.
Having a year between the last patch and new expansion doesn't work well, so the team is continuing to try and shorten the gap.

Zelias

Banned
Wouldn't say Garrosh worked. Blizzard didn't seem to know what to do with him across expansions so his story and character were incoherent. My reaction to him being the final boss of MoP was 'ok', certainly not like my reaction to fighting the Lich King or even Deathwing.

And then Green Jesus killsteals him anyway while taking no blame for making him Warchief.

Robin64

One thing I don't want is for Sylvanas to turn obviously evil and then we have a Siege of Undercity raid with her as the final boss. Snorefest.

Keep her teetering on that very very thin line.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
Hey guys, we know you're sick of orcs, but don't worry, we've got more Thrall lined up for you.

It's like he says it "Thralls back...AGAIN!" like everyone will cheer, not realizing the literal crickets that 'feature' would get, or how funny it is that he said it like that.

Shahadan

Stonetalon: "Don't kill innocents!"
Pandaria: "Fuck innocents!"

To be fair a lot had happened between those. I thought Garrosh was more interesting than Varian or Jaina or basically everyone else. Save Vol'Jin.

Garrosh was a hothead, was put as Warchief because Thrall is a moron, tried to make the best of it in his way, and eventually as expected took it too far.
Good or bad, YMMV, but it was still development, and more than any other "important" character had in 10 years of wow.

ZenaxPure

Everything Garrosh said in his death cut scene was justified.

Thrall denying all responsibility was total bs.

I love that cutscene for that very reason. Thrall is so god damn stupid. Garrosh is shown to be poor leadership material from the moment he is introduced into the story and despite all of Thrall's friends telling him that putting Garrosh in charge is a bad idea he does it anyway and then when it goes bad he denies any and all responsibility. Only question in my mind is was that intentional or is Metzen so deep into Thrall he actually believes it.

Either way I quite literally laughed out loud when I heard Thrall deny it during that cutscene.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
One thing I don't want is for Sylvanas to turn obviously evil and then we have a Siege of Undercity raid with her as the final boss. Snorefest.

Keep her teetering on that very very thin line.

Eh, she's pretty much been mustache twirling since Cata. At this point it would be more of a stretch for her to not end up so irredeemable she needs to be put down.

ZenaxPure

Eh, she's pretty much been mustache twirling since Cata. At this point it would be more of a stretch for her to not end up so irredeemable she needs to be put down.

She's been mustache twirling since WC3. Something will eventually happen with her, just a matter of time.

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
So uhm, has Warlock Den been shutdown? I tried googling the site, can't seem to find it.

:(
Warlock Den has been gone for quite some time. The team apparently stopped playing either Warlock or the game altoghether.

EmiPrime

I love that cutscene for that very reason. Thrall is so god damn stupid. Garrosh is shown to be poor leadership material from the moment he is introduced into the story and despite all of Thrall's friends telling him that putting Garrosh in charge is a bad idea he does it anyway and then when it goes bad he denies any and all responsibility. Only question in my mind is was that intentional or is Metzen so deep into Thrall he actually believes it.

Either way I quite literally laughed out loud when I heard Thrall deny it during that cutscene.

So did I. It was so cheesy and it dumped all over what would otherwise been a good send off for Garrosh.

If none of the characters in Legion call Thrall and Wrathion out for what they did it doesn't matter how many big characters they kill off for shock value, it's completely vacuous.

Robin64

Nah, Sylvanas just wants to ensure the survival of her people, guys.

And don't forget, she serves the Horde.

*mock salute*

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Are any characters even aware that Wrathion was involved in the whole time travel/Kairoz fuckery?

Entropia

No One Remembers
Are any characters even aware that Wrathion was involved in the whole time travel/Kairoz fuckery?

http://www.wowhead.com/item=119348/admiral-taylors-garrison-log

This is the only mention of him in game.

He also shows up as you enter Khadgar's Tower during the 2nd last quest to get your Legendary Ring; http://i.imgur.com/x8jVHXO.jpg

But yeah, kind of annoyed with his lack of absence in the game. As we leveled there should've been an epic quest working with him on morally grey plans that would reward a 640 or something item to help you along.

strafer

Rösti;175911465 said:
Warlock Den has been gone for quite some time. The team apparently stopped playing either Warlock or the game altoghether.

yes I know..but the site was still up and i was posting on it... but now it seems to be gone

Top Bottom