• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT7| Feel the hatred of 10,000 Murlocs

Zelias

Banned
I have never died in LFR. NEVER.
You've been extremely lucky then. Sure I get smooth groups a lot of the time but I've had my fair share of groups where I've had to leave out of frustration because the stacking buff you get when you wipe just can't counteract how bad the group is.

Plus, as mentioned, LFR is just not efficient in terms of time/gold even if you get nothing but good groups.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
So what are good garrison buildings to go for for money? Someone else told me to go with a level 3 gem boutique and do the dailies for the bags that give up to 300g, that sounds pretty good.
I think the Inn is pretty important early on. You want some of the utility items it gives too.

Drake

Have you done the all events and killed/collected the rares? Those all reward as much as doing a quest. If you have done it all you can just go to goregon and start doing it there.

That helped, thanks. Got an addon for the rare's and in the process of hunting them down I found a follower quest and a bonus objective, I still had to grind like 3 bars , but I did it in like 30 minutes or so.

Entropia

No One Remembers
Welp, from MMOGAMES interview with Devs:

That is so vague.

The movie is coming out early June. So I am going to take a wager and say that Legion will come out before the movie.

if it doesn't there are going to be a LOT of pissed off people. Their current subscription number will look GREAT compared to what would happen if that were the case.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Lol "before or after the movie". In other words, it will release one day, when? No one knows.

Beta right after Blizzcon and release in mid-late Spring

BELIEVE

Having fun leveling up my hunter now, Barrage was a pretty insane power boost. Icy-veins lists the rotation as kill command over kill shot and barrage, which seems wrong. Is there something Kill command does that it deserves priority over the other two?

frequency

I think it's just that it's the only existing location that is really specific to to rogues, so lots of folks had an immediate knee-jerk of "hey! sewers are dumb, give us Ravenholdt or riot!" even though it isn't actually all that cool of a place.

I don't particularly care about Ravenholdt but I dislike the idea of Dalaran sewers for Rogues thematically. I considered my Rogue more of an assassin or SI:7 or Shado-pan type, not the shady thief drug dealer type that needs to hide in Mage excrement.

Entropia

No One Remembers
Beta right after Blizzcon and release in mid-late Spring

BELIEVE

What I really really hope they do is at during the opening ceremony at BlizzCon, they show the trailer again, maybe announce a feature or two that was previously unannounced (we know that they have somethings up their sleeves based on some interviews). And then they close it off saying the beta starts the Monday after BlizzCon.

Then hopefully a launch in like March/April. That's a pretty tight timeline, but if they have the amount of resources working on it that they claim to (and now they're caught up on the game) then it should be reasonable.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
The real problem with LFR as any sort of gold income is that it is above else just slow. In less amount of time you can be doing Cata 25 man heroic raids and making like 8x more gold. They are very easy to solo now too considering you can go to Tanaan and reach ilvl 650ish in a few hours which is high enough to do those raids very quickly.

Do you have any tips or know of a guide for doing 25-man heroics in Cata? Seems like something that would be fun to do.

lazygecko

Do you have any tips or know of a guide for doing 25-man heroics in Cata? Seems like something that would be fun to do.

Just look up the individual bosses on Wowhead, then read the comments and you'll usually find some thorough info on how to handle the encounter alone.

ZenaxPure

Just look up the individual bosses on Wowhead, then read the comments and you'll usually find some thorough info on how to handle the encounter alone.

Yeah, I'd just do this.

Giving out specific tips requires too many variables, your class/spec, your ilvl, what experience you have with that specific raid as a few examples. The best advice I could give would be to just jump in and try them. Bastion of Twilight is probably the hardest to solo and BWD is probably the easiest. Firelands is easy when you understand the mechanics of each boss and Dragon Soul is incredibly easy outside of the 2 deathwing encounters which can give you trouble depending on a few different things. 4 winds is easy but the first boss requires burst damage so it is a bit of a gear check.

Oh also if you aren't a class that has built in heroism either craft some LW drums or buy some on the AH. They are incredibly cheap and makes your clears a lot faster.

lazygecko

I have a bunch of footage I've recorded of soloing Cata raids I've been meaning to narrate and edit together into quick and concise youtube guides. Just wasn't sure if there's enough demand for it to be worth the effort. Personally I always dislike videos that just drag on with a bunch of filler stuff and attempt to be more personality-driven rather than primarily informative.

ZenaxPure

1. Be a DK*
2. faceroll your keyboard
3. ???
4. profit

* - don't not be a DK

Well that's why I said it depends on too many factors to get really specific about tips lol. I assume a lot of DKs just run blood which solves most the problems DPS specs are going to run into in FL.

lazygecko

Some encounters have specific mechanics meant for tanks which can drastically alter the fight and even make it easier if you do it in your tank spec. Shannox in Firelands for example never stuns you with his dogs if you're a tank.

Well that's why I said it depends on too many factors to get really specific about tips lol. I assume a lot of DKs just run blood which solves most the problems DPS specs are going to run into in FL.

Best tip: be 700+ with a ring and stuff dies before any mechanics even happen =P

ZenaxPure

Best tip: be 700+ with a ring and stuff dies before any mechanics even happen =P

Yeah for sure. But I assume most people asking how to solo a 25 cata raid at this point haven't played WoD that much since that was about the only new endgame solo content for about 8 months of this expansion.

WTH are you guys going on about? I was doing FL and DS 25H at 650 on my lock shortly after WoD launched. Between those 2, there are 3 fights that need special attention.

Shannox - Burn down rageface super fast, or use a pet class to interrupt his stun
Ultrax - DPS cockblock. Not really a mechanic, just a timer til twilight and insta wipe. Was unable to beat it on 25H til 650. On normal or 10, he has a lot less HP.
Spine - The mechanics suck having to constantly bounce back and forth between right and left sides of his back.

Every other boss is a joke in FL and DS especially at the welfare gear levels of 6.2. Its more painful waiting for NPCs to finish talking than actually killing anything. Pretty much, don't stand in shit and put the pointy end toward the bad guys.

edit: Forgot about the skyfire. The adds that fall off the drakes must die on the ship. If they fall to their deaths because you killed the drakes too quick, you wipe.

Yeah for sure. But I assume most people asking how to solo a 25 cata raid at this point haven't played WoD that much since that was about the only new endgame solo content for about 8 months of this expansion.

Haha, well, ok, slightly more realistic general tip for them: baleful gear! the 655 stuff should be enough to down most 25H Cata bosses without too much pain. Upgrade weapon(s) first! Might have to flask (though Oralius' Whispering Crystal from the inn quest should be good enough) and/or pot for something like Ultraxion. Upgrade it to 695 every few days and become all powerful! Oh and if you're doing Spine run back and forth like a madman.

Edit: ^ Rageface has more HP than Shannox, might as well just kill Shannox =P

Edit 2: Oh and if you can get anything with leech on it, your health will never go down.

ampere

I'd suspect there will be portals to Dalaran but probably not back? I just figure they will give us another hearthstone or something.

Yea I am assuming we'll get a class hall teleport or hearthstone. Especially considering some of them are in the Nether or whatever

So what are good garrison buildings to go for for money? Someone else told me to go with a level 3 gem boutique and do the dailies for the bags that give up to 300g, that sounds pretty good.

You'll want an Inn, and recruit followers with Treasure Hunter, while trying to get a diverse ability set. Level 3 Inn will give you additional garrison missions that award gold. Otherwise the Jewelcrafting and Inscription huts have dailies that can give you gold.

The Salvage Yard isn't as amazing as it used to be, but that can still be some additional gold. I personally find it to be more annoying than anything and not worth the time investment.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I've never done Pet Batling before but I got bothered not having my last Garrison building

This is just Pokemon, I thought people were joking.

It uses warcraft 2 tunes as the battle music though so that alone makes it amazing

Entropia

No One Remembers
Yea I am assuming we'll get a class hall teleport or hearthstone. Especially considering some of them are in the Nether or whatever

You'll want an Inn, and recruit followers with Treasure Hunter, while trying to get a diverse ability set. Level 3 Inn will give you additional garrison missions that award gold. Otherwise the Jewelcrafting and Inscription huts have dailies that can give you gold.

The Salvage Yard isn't as amazing as it used to be, but that can still be some additional gold. I personally find it to be more annoying than anything and not worth the time investment.

Yeah I got rid of my Salvage Yard this patch, such a fucking hassle to open all the boxes and sell the junk you get from them.

idlewild_

As a hunter, you can clear both firelands and dragon soul on heroic with dungeon gear, it's really stupidly easy. With some LFR/upgraded apexis gear the only fights with mechanics that matter are Alysrazor (flying around,) Spine of Deathwing (just roll once at the start,) and Blackhorn (don't kill the drakes until they are above the ship.)

I have ~695 ilvl and that is enough gear to push 25H Rag into p4 before he finishes the animation for his first splitting blow.

EmiPrime

When farming for Dragonwrath on my priest Shannox was impossible on H25. If you're a class with a tank spec or a pet you can do it otherwise you can't kill Rageface before he indefinitely stuns you.

idlewild_

When farming for Dragonwrath on my priest Shannox was impossible on H25. If you're a class with a tank spec or a pet you can do it otherwise you can't kill Rageface before he indefinitely stuns you.

Don't kill Rageface, just tunnel Shannox. You can definitely kill him before the first face rage with currently available gear.

Zelias

Banned
Couldn't you just keep a DoT on Rageface and break his stun?

Weebos

Banned
What add on are you using for that? I always vendor stuff but worry I'm selling something that might be worth something.

I'm not sure, I use Auctionator for my occasional Auction House stuff, it might be part of that.

I'll have to check when I get home.

Jag

What add on are you using for that? I always vendor stuff but worry I'm selling something that might be worth something.

AH mods will tell you what something sold on the AH for. But the problem is it may cost a ton of gold to list the items that may never sell. I have a bank alt with tons of "valuable" gear from salvage that barely sells. Even some formerly hot items. For the most part, just vend everything from salvaging. It's ok income if you are running lots of missions.

Level 3 Barn is probably the best guaranteed money right now. Bloods are selling well because of the Felblight upgrades and they are guaranteed from the barn. Going for about 150g each on my server.

For the barn. Join a grp of Elite farmers and you can get a full bag of traps in a short period of time. Protip, you don't even have to drop the trap if you are in a group. 5 man elite wolf runs are probably the fastest way to go.

Monk are weird. I made one to reserve a (terrible) name and got it to 10 and Orgrimmar last night. I just find it strange that my dps abilities and healing abilities are separated by stances and when I switch to healing I have like two abilities at this early point in the game. Pandas are fun and the starting area was neat, but I might re-roll my monk if I can think up a better name that hasn't already been used and probably roll it Alliance.

Ashodin

One of the things I read that gets me excited for Legion is that Discipline priests will be DPS-as-healers. Meaning, your damage will be converted into heals for the entire raid. Sign me the fuck up.

frequency

I'm worried about Discipline.

Since you can heal, you can't do as good DPS as a actual DPS spec.
Since you can DPS, you can't heal as good as a actual healing spec.

So who brings Disc?

Anoregon

I'm worried about Discipline.

Since you can heal, you can't do as good DPS as a actual DPS spec.
Since you can DPS, you can't heal as good as a actual healing spec.

So who brings Disc?

Disc was always more about the bubbles than the actual heals anyway, and those are still going to be a big part of the spec. I also think that disc DPS is more for thematic/gameplay purpses of making the spec fun than actually being a major contributor of damage, but I could be wrong there. Like, you aren't casting smite 100% of the time, you are still casting heals and bubbles. You DPS as disc is probably going to be a fraction of a real DPS, and that is fine imo.

Top Bottom