• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT7| Feel the hatred of 10,000 Murlocs

Heirlooms and exp potions from your garrison. I hit 100 about halfway through the third zone. Make sure you pick up treasures/kill rares/do bonus objectives too.

Move to the next zone as soon as you hit every two levels (92, 94, 96, 98) and hit all the bonus areas you can while questing (only do quests that are bunched up).

It doesn't take very long at all to go 90-100 as long as you don't get sidetracked or stay in zones longer than you should...and you definitely want to use heirlooms.

Edit: and if you choose to use the garrison xp pots, you can do 99% of several bonus objectives, drink the pot and then run and complete them. Adds a huge chunk of xp and no wasted time (and couple that with quest turn ins).

One thing I did while leveling the 90's was leave the bonus objectives one kill short in Shadowmoon and Gorgrond, so when I popped the XP potion I could "complete" more in the 60 minutes buff it gave you.

Might not have made too much difference, I don't know, but every little helps... although this was on an alt that didn't have many resources so I had to maximise the couple of XP potions I had. If you can buy a few then it doesn't matter.

EDIT:

Yeah, what he said lol

Draenor is literally the easiest/fastest leveling has ever been in this game (minus the pet battle xp bug from MoP), it's anything but a slog. Especially in this patch since they added a BOE 300% xp potion. Just go to Gorgrond, build the arena outpost, collect every single elite rare spawn quest item and most of the arena quest items, get every bonus objective to almost complete, pop a 300% xp potion and then finish all the bonus objectives and then quickly turn in the rare elite/area quest items. That will get you to almost 100.

The key to fast leveling in Draenor has always been Gorgrond and they made it even more ridiculous in this patch.

Thanks guys. I appreciate the responses. I'll definitely do the gogrond shit and spam xp pots.

Where do I get the 300% exp potion?

*edit* Shit, I wonder if I should wait till flying. I bet getting to turn ins would be even easier. Hrm.

Jag

Wtf. They're going for over 14k on my server. I'm yet to see one show up as a mission reward too :(

They vary on mine. Typically around 3-5K, but sometimes I'll buy them for 1500k and flip em a few hours later.

Khezu

With the Demo changes, I hope the lock pets get buffed.

I want Felguard to be the best Demonology pet again, and make people fear him.

Also let him wield one handed weapons so I can give him Thunderfury.

TheYanger

Well, new guild sorted finally. These assholes really need to figure out how to let the rings work for dualspec. It's trash that I have a 750 tank ring languishing while I'm stuck now using a 738 dps ring. Great design.

Anyway, done ranting. Been a while since I got to dps so time to focus up :)

Tarazet

*edit* Shit, I wonder if I should wait till flying. I bet getting to turn ins would be even easier. Hrm.

You can't fly in Draenor until you have done all the quest lines already, plus all the level 100 dailies, plus explored the map, plus capped a bunch of reps. By that point you really should be level 130 by rights.

Entropia

No One Remembers
Well, new guild sorted finally. These assholes really need to figure out how to let the rings work for dualspec. It's trash that I have a 750 tank ring languishing while I'm stuck now using a 738 dps ring. Great design.

Plz tell me you went Alliance! :))))))))

ampere

Yeah and that doesn't bode well for dual spec in Legion with Artifact Points. Hopefully they figure it out.

Drake

Got the Ashes on my 4th run. That fucking Blue Proto Drake will not drop however. I got really lucky on a few drops so my guess is the Onyxia mount and the Proto drake are going to take forever to drop.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Got the Ashes on my 4th run. That fucking Blue Proto Drake will not drop however. I got really lucky on a few drops so my guess is the Onyxia mount and the Proto drake are going to take forever to drop.

I actually got Ashes and the Blue Proto in the same day.

You can't fly in Draenor until you have done all the quest lines already, plus all the level 100 dailies, plus explored the map, plus capped a bunch of reps. By that point you really should be level 130 by rights.

I've done the draenor pathfinder quest line and completed it so when the patch drops my alts will be able to fly. That's what I meant. It might be a lot easier to wait until flying to really exploit leveling through gorgrond.

cdyhybrid

I've done the draenor pathfinder quest line and completed it so when the patch drops my alts will be able to fly. That's what I meant. It might be a lot easier to wait until flying to really exploit leveling through gorgrond.

Just finished Draenor Pathfinder today. Give me that patch!

Ark

I've just got Saberstalker rep to farm. But with a couple of weeks until flying actually hits, I should be alright just doing dailies & Rumble in the Jungle.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I'm thinking something similar to that shot in the trailer of the demons spilling out at the tomb of Sargeras.

474403-world-of-warcraft-legion.jpg

What you guys think will be the login screen for 7.0?

Illin' din sitting on a rock looking at the skull of gul'dan.

Man this is depressing, 689 item level, sims show 39k, I do 36k, everyone else in raid is doing over 50k. Do set bonuses really make that big of a difference or is it the legendary ring? I guess I should mention I'm using Heart of Tectus & Some crit/versatility trinket still as a fury warrior.

cdyhybrid

Illin' din sitting on a rock looking at the skull of gul'dan.

Man this is depressing, 689 item level, sims show 39k, I do 36k, everyone else in raid is doing over 50k. Do set bonuses really make that big of a difference or is it the legendary ring? I guess I should mention I'm using Heart of Tectus & Some crit/versatility trinket still as a fury warrior.

Set bonus depends on the spec. Ring is pretty big, from what I understand.

Set bonus depends on the spec. Ring is pretty big, from what I understand.

I hear the fury warrior one was nothing special but they just buffed it, but it's still better than nothing. The profiles on sim craft are using the same ring I am, guessing I'll gain 15k just from having good trinkets & 4p even though ilvl won't budge. Suppose I'll just keep running groups for Kromok & Gorefiend and hope to get lucky with bonus rolls, I got two of the items I didn't need of Gorefiend this week :(.

cdyhybrid

Speaking of Fury...I'm having trouble deciding between my Warlock and my 95 Warrior for my primary alt :p (i.e. the "I have nothing left to do today on my Mage" character).

Respect

Starting to get accustomed to UH dk arena...they don't have the burst, but the self healing/survivability is pretty high. And holy hell at enhance shaman...had a match where I went from 400k to 150k in what couldn't have been more than 2 globals

Tarazet

I've just got Saberstalker rep to farm. But with a couple of weeks until flying actually hits, I should be alright just doing dailies & Rumble in the Jungle.

I tried doing the Order of the Awakened daily. I just can't get into farming the rares for so long every goddamn day. I've done everything else for the achievement, but if they want me to do those stupid reps I might be going without.

TheYanger

I tried doing the Order of the Awakened daily. I just can't get into farming the rares for so long every goddamn day. I've done everything else for the achievement, but if they want me to do those stupid reps I might be going without.

That's the easiest daily. You get like 1-3 crystals per thing. You can loot 3 treasures if you didn't do all of those already, or you can find the repeatable treasures that are all over. OR you can kill rares. Thatis by far the least annoying of all the dailies. Once you have your hunter's crystal too you can just click it every 15 minutes and easily finish while doing whatever else.

Khezu

I just go to the bird place to for the objective daily and run around in the elite area, there is little crystals sticking out of the walls in the caves and on the cliffs, after about 10 minutes of wandering around you have 10 crystals.

cdyhybrid

If you do the three champions for Rumble in the Jungle you get 6 crystals. After that you just need to find a few more rares. You can do them every day and only need to tag them, you don't need to be in the group. There's usually a group or two in group finder doing them at any given time.

Y'know sometimes I have zero idea what Blizz is thinking with rewards. The Garrison fishing daily gives you a pack full of Vanilla greys and when buy all the stuff you can with profession secrets the coin sacks give you like, 2 gold.

Acidote

If you do the three champions for Rumble in the Jungle you get 6 crystals. After that you just need to find a few more rares. You can do them every day and only need to tag them, you don't need to be in the group. There's usually a group or two in group finder doing them at any given time.

Those 6 crystals and find treasures. He'll be revered by the time he's gotten them all.

Zelias

Banned
What you guys think will be the login screen for 7.0?
In the distance lies the Tomb of Sargeras. After a couple of seconds, the sound of wings beating as Illidan swoops down and lands at the edge of the screen. He then yells "YOU ARE NOT PREPARED" as loudly and obnoxiously as possible.

Jag

That's the easiest daily. You get like 1-3 crystals per thing. You can loot 3 treasures if you didn't do all of those already, or you can find the repeatable treasures that are all over. OR you can kill rares. Thatis by far the least annoying of all the dailies. Once you have your hunter's crystal too you can just click it every 15 minutes and easily finish while doing whatever else.

Iron Horde area (the furthest waypoint) has 2 spawnable bosses. Click the special flags, fight 2 waves and the boss spawns.

georly

Hey guys, I just resubscribed for the first time since burning crusade (though my brother played on my account through WotLK) and my copy of draenor will be here tuesday, which comes with a lvl 90 boost, so I was hoping I could maybe make a paladin or something tanky (so i can solo old raid dungeons for nostalgia's sake), but I'd love to join a gaf guild if possible. No promises on how long i'd play or anything, but if I play enough I'd love to do the occasional raid or at least some heroics. I already leveled my priest up to level 90, but I think that she's on malganis.

Is there a gaf guild, are you guys cool and friendly and helpful ;), and can I join? What server?

Speaking of Fury...I'm having trouble deciding between my Warlock and my 95 Warrior for my primary alt :p (i.e. the "I have nothing left to do today on my Mage" character).

I'd say Warrior just because you get another point of view and it helps you understand fight mechanics better. Though as melee, I can't think of too many challenging mechanics, just annoying when the boss moves.

Jag

I'm wondering what the patch is going to do to token prices. I have about 12 days left on mine, but I think they are going to spike once the patch hits. Wowtoken has it at 26,266g right now.

Maybe I'll buy 2 and sell one.

Tacitus_

I used to hate it too, but then I discovered that the GR crates that spawn in the fort near the Iron Harbour respawn. There's ~10 crates there and you can do it easily in <10 minutes.

Top Bottom