• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT7| Feel the hatred of 10,000 Murlocs

ampere

Disc should be a stance as part of the Holy spec rather than it's own spec based on the changes. Just like Mistweavers have Serpent Stance (normal healing) and Crane Stance (~50% healing, ~50% damage)

Ashodin

My point is that the spec will feel like it's doing damage while healing, and that's the playstyle I'm after. I want to feel like I'm contributing to damage (I don't have to be top) and contributing to healing (I don't have to be top, unless I'm the only healer).

Ashodin

Do you think a class that's average at healing and dps is going to really be wanted in group/raid settings?

I don't particularly care about that high level of gameplay, so it doesn't matter in the first place. Besides, we have no idea at all how the spec will operate, but if it's to stay as a healer you can bet the majority of their role will be to heal in addition to the spec doing damage (which in the long run is favorable) since you will be adding to the overall damage the group puts out. Plus soloing will be a breeze.

cdyhybrid

I don't think it's really going to be a radical redesign. They'll just have some of their spells they cast on friendly targets replaced with spells that they cast on enemies (that also give benefits to friendly units).

Weebos

Banned
AH mods will tell you what something sold on the AH for. But the problem is it may cost a ton of gold to list the items that may never sell. I have a bank alt with tons of "valuable" gear from salvage that barely sells. Even some formerly hot items. For the most part, just vend everything from salvaging. It's ok income if you are running lots of missions.

Yeah, this is usually the case with Salvaging Yard. I vendor everything, unless my addon says it sells for 1k+, then I put it up for like 500g.

The devs clarified that disc isn't going to do 50% healing of a healing spec and 50% of the dps of a damage spec. They meant 50% of disc's healing will come from atonement which is damage converted to healing. Disc will be dealing a not so significant amount of dps, maybe 10% or so.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
That is so vague.

The movie is coming out early June. So I am going to take a wager and say that Legion will come out before the movie.

if it doesn't there are going to be a LOT of pissed off people. Their current subscription number will look GREAT compared to what would happen if that were the case.

when is the end of their FY?

if they drop it before the end of the FY that'll give them time to boast higher subscription numbers...

Disc was always more about the bubbles than the actual heals anyway, and those are still going to be a big part of the spec. I also think that disc DPS is more for thematic/gameplay purpses of making the spec fun than actually being a major contributor of damage, but I could be wrong there. Like, you aren't casting smite 100% of the time, you are still casting heals and bubbles. You DPS as disc is probably going to be a fraction of a real DPS, and that is fine imo.

No. They'll just occasionally cast a damage spell on the boss instead of spamming PW:S.

This is already how I play disc though. Heals/dps are already almost 50%. I was hoping what they were saying is that I won't have to stop and cast heal or penance, but rather I can cast smite and some percentage of that will heal. Like 75% of dps heals anyone with a bubble on. I don't want to ever have to cast a heal to heal unless its an emergency.

Then you should probably play a non-healer :p

But I want to heal. I just don't want to heal the same way I've been healing for the last 10 years. Bubbles and absorbs are just as boring as vanilla hots were. It's one hybrid spec on a healer class. I can switch to conventional heals any time I want, so why can't I have an option to play a non-conventional healer? People shouldn't think of disc dps as negligible either. When pushing content, every single bit of dps matters.

So just resubbed and it appears someone has been in my account.

All my characters and items are there, but all my gold is gone. Haven't played since last November, odd. Think I had about 25k on my main then a few thousand scattered around alts. Now my main has 2g.

Very odd. Only thing to suggest something is I got an email at the end of June saying a friend gifted me "BAM - WoW Game Time" but the payment didn't complete and it has been removed from my account. Didn't take any notice of it at the time since I wasn't playing.

All my characters and items are there, but all my gold is gone. Haven't played since last November, odd. Think I had about 25k on my main then a few thousand scattered around alts. Now my main has 2g.

Very odd. Only thing to suggest something is I got an email at the end of June saying a friend gifted me "BAM - WoW Game Time" but the payment didn't complete and it has been removed from my account. Didn't take any notice of it at the time since I wasn't playing.

You can buy the WoW token without a sub with gold from the character select screen. Would still mean someone has your log in info.

phierce

You probably resub'd for gold? It pulls gold from all of your characters to pay the current token price (which is over 25k at the moment).

You probably resub'd for gold? It pulls gold from all of your characters to pay the current token price (which is over 25k at the moment).

Nah I resubbed with money, didn't have enough gold to resub via token, I tried that first.

It's odd, password wasn't changed, email is the same. I play hearthstone a bunch so I'd have noticed. Just all my gold is gone, nothing else.

Looked at my account history as well and I haven't had any sub since end of November. It looks like someone used a gifted token to resub logged in, transferred the gold out then the transaction for the token failed so suspended my account again.

I'm sure Disc priests will bring something to the table so bringing one to the raid will be really fruitful. Reminded me of their design philosophy in TBC & Wotlk where they had shadow priests as mana batteries / dps healers to encourage bringing them to raids, and then they sort of spread that out as an effect with ret paladins and I think shamans as well? (it was buff that gave mana regen to the raid, I forget the name).

It makes me scared because it seems like they're doing a lot of these sweeping changes + a new class and I don't know how things will shake down. Atleast they're slimming 2hand vs dual wield choices to just one for all the specs. Personally I want to see some reworks on feral and balance, some slight changes to Arm, Enhance & Elemental.

edit: Here it is, Replenishment.

Basically they wanted to ensure you'd bring certain classes around and they could still have their niche role. I don't know if they still had the hybrid tax back then though, I think they got rid of the idea with either WOTLK or Cataclysm.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
This is already how I play disc though. Heals/dps are already almost 50%. I was hoping what they were saying is that I won't have to stop and cast heal or penance, but rather I can cast smite and some percentage of that will heal. Like 75% of dps heals anyone with a bubble on. I don't want to ever have to cast a heal to heal unless its an emergency.

That is definitely not what they said their intent is. They want it to be like, you get a stacking buff every time you smite that increase the strength of your next heal. Actually casting heals and bubbles is going to be a major part of the spec, it will just be augmented and boosted by damage.

iirate

I'm sure Disc priests will bring something to the table so bringing one to the raid will be really fruitful. Reminded me of their design philosophy in TBC & Wotlk where they had shadow priests as mana batteries / dps healers to encourage bringing them to raids, and then they sort of spread that out as an effect with ret paladins and I think shamans as well? (it was buff that gave mana regen to the raid, I forget the name).

It makes me scared because it seems like they're doing a lot of these sweeping changes + a new class and I don't know how things will shake down. Atleast they're slimming 2hand vs dual wield choices to just one for all the specs. Personally I want to see some reworks on feral and balance, some slight changes to Arm, Enhance & Elemental.

From what I've read, the disc stuff was miscommunication. They're still a full healer, but half of their effective healing comes from atonement.

The problem with this is still balancing healer damage(classes that heal by dealing damage often deal less damage than the ones that don't, which can make it feel more like a drawback than a perk).

So I'm basically done with every daily except the Apexis ones. Is there a way to burn through those in one shit or do I hVe to wait for the shitty Apexis daily RNG?

Zakuun once again fails to drop a trinket. Haven't had a single one drop. Meanwhile, everyone else has coined one. -_-

Would like a weapon off him too for Unholy.

Support got back to me, confirmed someone accessed my account in early June. Said because it's been more than 60days they cannot restore the lost gold. Bummer, at least my characters weren't deleted. Still no idea how my account was accessed though.

Tarazet

WTH are you guys going on about? I was doing FL and DS 25H at 650 on my lock shortly after WoD launched. Between those 2, there are 3 fights that need special attention.

Shannox - Burn down rageface super fast, or use a pet class to interrupt his stun
Ultrax - DPS cockblock. Not really a mechanic, just a timer til twilight and insta wipe. Was unable to beat it on 25H til 650. On normal or 10, he has a lot less HP.
Spine - The mechanics suck having to constantly bounce back and forth between right and left sides of his back.

Every other boss is a joke in FL and DS especially at the welfare gear levels of 6.2. Its more painful waiting for NPCs to finish talking than actually killing anything. Pretty much, don't stand in shit and put the pointy end toward the bad guys.

edit: Forgot about the skyfire. The adds that fall off the drakes must die on the ship. If they fall to their deaths because you killed the drakes too quick, you wipe.

I've also run into a DPS check on 25H Madness of Deathwing as a Druid tank with 650+ item level. I wasn't dying, but in the last phase he was healing faster than I could kill him and I had to get lucky to get him down. Switching to Balance rectified that issue.

lazygecko

I've also run into a DPS check on 25H Madness of Deathwing as a Druid tank with 650+ item level. I wasn't dying, but in the last phase he was healing faster than I could kill him and I had to get lucky to get him down. Switching to Balance rectified that issue.

The key is to be able to get to the middle platform as fast as possible when the second phase starts. This is dependant on in which order you kill the tentacles appearing on the back of each platform. You should kill the ones that are the farthest out first.

Jag

/Shipyard rant
Lost my best epic ship on a 95% mission. Perma loss in a game like WoW just doesn't fit. Make my ship damaged and unusable for a day, but losing a follower is bullshit.

ampere

/Shipyard rant
Lost my best epic ship on a 95% mission. Perma loss in a game like WoW just doesn't fit. Make my ship damaged and unusable for a day, but losing a follower is bullshit.

Yup, it's not really fun or exciting. The shipyard is overall just not a good addition.

Is there any way to make the default player buffs/debuffs go all the way from left to right instead of making rows after 8?

I have far more horizontal space than vertical space to spare.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Support got back to me, confirmed someone accessed my account in early June. Said because it's been more than 60days they cannot restore the lost gold. Bummer, at least my characters weren't deleted. Still no idea how my account was accessed though.

Was your B.net password the same as your Ashley Madison password?

Tacitus_

/Shipyard rant

I feel you man. I started using the unsinkable item on each of my ships and I've only failed a couple of missions since. I got 80+ success chance anyway with the insurance on.

...funnily enough, it hasn't procced once on the failures

So, I know a few of you have multiple one hundreds. Any suggestions for leveling now? I had all level 90s for mists but i'm dreading slogging through draenor. Any suggestions to make it go quick? I need to level my warrior, paladin, lock, mage and rogue. They're all 91-92.

cdyhybrid

So, I know a few of you have multiple one hundreds. Any suggestions for leveling now? I had all level 90s for mists but i'm dreading slogging through draenor. Any suggestions to make it go quick? I need to level my warrior, paladin, lock, mage and rogue. They're all 91-92.

Heirlooms and exp potions from your garrison. I hit 100 about halfway through the third zone. Make sure you pick up treasures/kill rares/do bonus objectives too.

phierce

Move to the next zone as soon as you hit every two levels (92, 94, 96, 98) and hit all the bonus areas you can while questing (only do quests that are bunched up).

It doesn't take very long at all to go 90-100 as long as you don't get sidetracked or stay in zones longer than you should...and you definitely want to use heirlooms.

Edit: and if you choose to use the garrison xp pots, you can do 99% of several bonus objectives, drink the pot and then run and complete them. Adds a huge chunk of xp and no wasted time (and couple that with quest turn ins).

One thing I did while leveling the 90's was leave the bonus objectives one kill short in Shadowmoon and Gorgrond, so when I popped the XP potion I could "complete" more in the 60 minutes buff it gave you.

Might not have made too much difference, I don't know, but every little helps... although this was on an alt that didn't have many resources so I had to maximise the couple of XP potions I had. If you can buy a few then it doesn't matter.

EDIT:

Edit: and if you choose to use the garrison xp pots, you can do 99% of several bonus objectives, drink the pot and then run and complete them. Adds a huge chunk of xp and no wasted time (and couple that with quest turn ins).

Yeah, what he said lol

Leveling my demo lock after my hunter now and I have to say the demons are awful compared to the hunter pets. My felguard is flimsier then my pet in ferocity, let alone tenacity. Out of combat regen is pitiful too, I'm resummoning him after every second aoe pull. Think I'm better off turning off threat and having me tank it in demon form. Might make this my raiding alt considering how rare warlocks are and I like the aesthetics and gameplay.

cdyhybrid

Leveling my demo lock after my hunter now and I have to say the demons are awful compared to the hunter pets. My felguard is flimsier then my pet in ferocity, let alone tenacity. Out of combat regen is pitiful too, I'm resummoning him after every second aoe pull. Think I'm better off turning off threat and having me tank it in demon form. Might make this my raiding alt considering how rare warlocks are and I like the aesthetics and gameplay.

Why aren't you using the Voidwalker?

ZenaxPure

Draenor is literally the easiest/fastest leveling has ever been in this game (minus the pet battle xp bug from MoP), it's anything but a slog. Especially in this patch since they added a BOE 300% xp potion. Just go to Gorgrond, build the arena outpost, collect every single elite rare spawn quest item and most of the arena quest items, get every bonus objective to almost complete, pop a 300% xp potion and then finish all the bonus objectives and then quickly turn in the rare elite/area quest items. That will get you to almost 100.

The key to fast leveling in Draenor has always been Gorgrond and they made it even more ridiculous in this patch.

The Voidwalker is the tank pet.

Yeah definitely it's doing more single target damage because of the reactive shield as well. I just viewed the felguard as an all in one type pet but it's still really flimsy compared to a ferocity pet. I know hunter & demon pets aren't meant to be the same but demo doesn't feel like a pet spec, like most of the damage and power is my warlock instead of my pet, or an equal split.

How rare is the green fire tome? I wanted to give farming that a try for a day or two when I hit 100.

Top Bottom